Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
stunned | stunning
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Stunned"
The following 66 pages are in this category, out of 66 total.
- A similar example of becoming stunned was visible in Arjuna when he saw that Asvatthama was attempting to release his brahmastra* at Krsna
- According to the degree of being stunned, the vital force within the body becomes agitated, and due to such a state, the other ecstatic loving symptoms sometimes become altered
- After hearing the explanation of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the champion poet was struck with wonder. His cleverness stunned, he could not say anything
- After hearing these statements by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Kazi, his arguments stunned, could not put forward any more words. Thus, after due consideration, the Kazi accepted defeat and spoke as follows
- After thinking this, the sage immediately became stunned. He was thinking that he was simply wasting his time
- Another example of being stunned took place when Krsna was surrounded by various wrestlers in the sacrificial arena of Kamsa. His mother, Devaki,* then became stunned, and her eyes dried up when she saw Krsna amongst the wrestlers
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, not only living animals but even inanimate objects like the rivers and lakes of Vrndavana also become stunned when Krsna passes with peacock feathers on His head and His body smeared with the minerals of Vrndavana"
- Another gopi said, "The river Yamuna is unfortunate like us; it does not get Krsna’s mercy. The river simply remains stunned, stopping its waves, just as we also stop crying for Krsna in expectation”
- Another gopi said, "Their ears raise up and they become stunned. They do not appear alive but like painted animals. Krsna’s flute-playing is so attractive that even the animals become enchanted, and what to speak of ourselves"
- As an example of the running down of saliva from the mouth, it is stated that sometimes when Narada Muni was chanting the Hare Krsna mantra, he remained stunned for a while, and saliva oozed from his mouth
- As soon as the prince was touched by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, symptoms of ecstatic love immediately manifested themselves in his body. These symptoms included perspiration, trembling, tears, being stunned and jubilation
- Astonishment caused by lamentation is exemplified when Krsna was entering into the belly of the Bakasura demon and all the demigods from higher planets became stunned with lamentation
- Astonishment caused by lamentation was exemplified when Krsna was entering into the belly of the Bakasura demon and all the demigods from higher planets became stunned with lamentation
- He (Akrura) remained stunned in ecstasy, as if devoid of all powers to see and speak. Lord Krsna, who is very kind to His devotees, raised Akrura with His hand and embraced him. It appeared that Lord Krsna was very much pleased with Akrura
- He continuously exhibited bodily transformations of transcendental love. Thus he cried, trembled, became stunned, perspired, danced in love of Godhead and made sounds like those of a cloud
- Her (Radharani's) entire body is bedecked with these (the natural symptoms of ecstasy - trembling, tears, jubilation, stunning, perspiration, faltering of the voice, bodily redness, madness and dullness) nine different jewels
- Her (Radharani's) ornaments embody the natural symptoms of ecstasy - trembling, tears, jubilation, stunning, perspiration, faltering of the voice, bodily redness, madness and dullness
- In such a state of apprehension, one tries to take shelter of something which provides safety. There may be standing of the hairs on the body, trembling of the body and sometimes the committing of mistakes. And sometimes the body may become stunned
- Instead of swimming or flying (aquatic birds), they became stunned. They closed their eyes and entered a trance of meditation in worship of Krsna
- It is said that the great sage Narada was so ecstatically in love with Krsna that he would sometimes dance naked, and sometimes his whole body would become stunned
- One gopi said, "The sound Krsna produces with his flute creates such a nice atmosphere that the denizens of the heavenly planets, who travel in space with their wives and beloveds, stop their airplanes, for they are stunned by the vibration of the flute"
- One who understands perfectly the process of devotional service in love of Godhead becomes intoxicated in its discharge. Sometimes he becomes stunned in ecstasy and thus enjoys his whole self, being engaged in the service of the Supreme Self
- Out of ecstatic love of God, the Bhattacarya shed tears, and his body was stunned. He exhibited an ecstatic mood, and he perspired, shook and trembled
- Out of the many ecstatic symptoms of the body, the symptom of being stunned is especially significant. According to the degree of being stunned, the vital force within the body becomes agitated
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya became very much astonished upon hearing this. He became stunned and said nothing
- Seeing the incredible way in which Krsna was enveloped in the coils of the serpent, the affectionate cowherd boys and other inhabitants of Vrndavana immediately became stunned out of fear
- Sometimes devotees in santa-rasa become stunned, peaceful, jubilant, deliberate, reflective, anxious, dexterous and argumentative. These symptoms indicate continuous ecstasy, or established emotion
- Sometimes He appeared stunned, and sometimes He rolled on the ground. Indeed, sometimes His legs and hands became as hard as dry wood, and He did not move
- Sometimes there are examples of Mother Yasoda's becoming stunned in ecstasy. This was exhibited when she saw her son lifting Govardhan Hill. When Krsna was standing, raising the hill, Mother Yasoda hesitated to embrace Him and became stunned
- Sometimes there are many other symptoms, such as great anxiety, lamentation, frustration, being stunned, humility, restlessness, madness and illusion
- Sometimes there were eruptions of ecstasy like kadamba flowers on some parts of his body, and sometimes one limb would be stunned while another would be trembling
- Sri Daruka did not relish his ecstatic feelings of love, for they caused his limbs to become stunned and thus obstructed his service of fanning Lord Krsna
- The gopis said, "Besides that, although You (Krsna) have repeatedly asked us to return home, and that is a very appropriate instruction, unfortunately we have been stunned here. Our legs have no power to move a step from Your lotus feet"
- The gopis saw that the cows were hearing the sweet songs vibrated by Krsna's flute and were appearing to be drinking the nectar of these transcendental sounds. The calves were stunned, and they forgot to drink the milk from the milk bags
- The King (Yudhisthira) was naturally affectionate toward Krsna, but after hearing the story he became even more bound to Him in love; tears of ecstasy glided from his eyes, and he was so stunned that he was almost unable to speak
- The queens continued, "Or is it a fact that, just like us, you have been stunned by the mysteriously sweet words of our Lord Syamasundara? Is it a fact that it is because of this severe anxiety that you are so grave?"
- The subordinate ecstasies are smiling, dancing and singing, as well as different manifestations in the body. The natural ecstasies, such as being stunned, are considered among the subordinate ecstasies (anubhava)
- The symptom of becoming stunned is caused by ecstatic tribulation, fearfulness, astonishment, lamentation and anger. This symptom is exhibited by a stoppage of talking, a stoppage of movement, a feeling of voidness and an extreme feeling of separation
- There are eight symptoms of existential ecstatic love: becoming stunned, perspiring, standing of the hairs on the body, faltering of the voice, trembling of the body, changing bodily colors, shedding tears, and devastation
- There is also trembling of the body, forcible twisting of the body and perspiration. Other symptoms which may be present are shame, exhaustion, madness, illusion, frustration, humility, self-pity, restlessness, eagerness and stunning of the body
- These symptoms signify that although the gopis' business was not finished, they had become stunned with ecstatic love
- Whatever arguments he put forward, the Lord refuted them all. Finally the person became stunned and could not speak
- When Brahma understood that this cowherd boy was the SPG, he became stunned. All of his sensual activities became stopped upon seeing all the cowherd boys again, along with Krsna. He was so stunned that he appeared to be a golden statue with four heads
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu danced, He displayed various blissful transcendental changes in His body. Sometimes He appeared as though stunned. Sometimes the hairs of His body stood on end
- When Krsna and Balarama play on Their transcendental flutes, the moving creatures become stunned and stop their activities
- When Krsna was going to Mathura, all of the gopis were standing behind Krsna & upon seeing the chariot leaving, they stood there stunned & did not move. They remained like that until the flag of the chariot became invisible
- When life becomes almost inactive, it is called stunned. The emotions resulting from this condition are joy, fear, astonishment, moroseness and anger. In this condition, the power of speech is lost and there is no movement in the hands and legs
- When Lord Krsna went to the city of Sonitapura to fight with Bali's son Bana and to cut off all his hands, Uddhava, being separated from Krsna and thinking of His fight, was almost completely stunned into unconsciousness
- When one is controlled by Cupid or the beauty of women, he becomes stunned like matter such as stone
- When Srimati Radharani first saw Krsna, She suddenly became conscious of all transcendental happiness, and the functions of Her different limbs were stunned
- When the gopis were searching after Krsna & all of a sudden He came out from the bushes & creepers, all of them became stunned & almost senseless. In this state the gopis appeared very beautiful. This is an example of pralaya, or devastation in happiness
- When the residents of Braja found that Krsna had lifted Govardhan Hill with His left hand, they became stunned
- When the residents of Vraja found that Krsna had lifted Govardhana Hill with His left hand, they became stunned
- When the sage Narada saw Lord Krsna standing before him, his body became so stunned that he stopped playing on his vina. Because of his faltering voice he could not offer any prayers to Krsna, and his eyes became filled with tears
- When the vital force of life is in contact with the earth, one is stunned. When the same force comes into contact with water, there is the shedding of tears. When the same force comes into contact with fire, there is perspiration
- When they met in that sacred place, all the gopis became stunned by the occurrence of a solar eclipse. Their breathing, blinking of the eyes and all similar activities stopped, and they stood before Krsna just like statues
- When They play on Their flutes, all moving living entities are stunned, and nonmoving living entities experience ecstatic jubilation by Their sweet music. All these things are certainly very wonderful
- When Uddhava was describing Krsna's pastimes to Vidura, he said, "One day the gopis became stunned when Krsna, in the dress of a gardening maid, entered the greenhouse and enlivened them with joking and laughter"
- While Krsna was enjoying the company of the gopis in the rasa dance, the astonished demigods and their wives gathered in the sky. The moon, being afflicted with a sort of lust, began to watch the dance and became stunned with wonder
- You are rebuking the air for the standing of the hairs on Your body. And You are cursing Your walking in the forest for Your thighs being stunned. But Your faltering voice reveals the cause to be different: it is just Your attachment for Krsna
- Your beauty is the most sublime within the three worlds. Upon seeing Your beauty, even cows, birds, animals and trees in the forest become stunned in jubilation