Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
steal | stealer | stealing | steals |loot | looted | looting
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Steal"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- A less intelligent person may first have to be arrested and punished for stealing to learn to stop stealing. However, a rascal, a foolish man, may have the experience of both hearing and seeing and may even be punished, but still he continues to steal
- A sinful man cannot earn money honestly. Just like a thief: because he has adopted the means of earning money by sinful activities, he cannot take to honest work. He can work, but he is accustomed to steal
- A thief may know perfectly well that he may be arrested for his stealing, and he may actually even see a thief arrested by the police, yet he continues to steal
- Actually, everything belongs to God. There is no difficulty to understand. You have not created this ocean. You have not created this land. You have created nothing. You are simply stealing. That is your business
- After Brahma had offended Krsna by stealing His playmates and calves, he begged the Lord's pardon for his offensive act and prayed for the Lord's mercy
- After Lord Brahma had stolen all of the calves, cows and cowherd boys from Krsna, he was trying to go away. But all of a sudden he became doubtful about his stealing affairs and began to watch on all sides with his eight eyes
- All over the world there are nomadic communities whose business is simply to allure, cheat and steal innocent women
- All the children lodged complaints with Sacimata about the Lord's fighting with them and stealing from the neighbors' houses. Therefore sometimes she used to chastise or rebuke her son
- Although mundane people like nonviolence and other such brilliant qualities, God, the Absolute Truth, being always the same, is good in any activities, even so-called immoral activities like stealing, killing and violence
- Another man may see the money and decide to let it remain there, thinking that he should not touch another's property. Although this second man does not steal the money for his own purposes, he is unaware of its proper use
- Any man can become very honest citizen, do business honestly, earn money and live very honorably. But no, somebody has learned how to steal. The government does not say that you becomes thief and go to the prison house
- As usual for small children, He learned to play, and with His playmates He went to the houses of neighboring friends, stealing their eatables and eating them. Sometimes the children fought among themselves
- At the end of Brahma's day, when Brahma felt sleepy and desired to lie down, the Vedas were emanating from his mouth, and the great demon named Hayagriva stole the Vedic knowledge
- At the end of each kalpa, when the demon Ajnana steals the Vedic knowledge, Lord Hayagriva appears and preserves it. Then He delivers it to Lord Brahma
- Brahma said, "Your (Krsna's) appearance as a cowherd child is for the benefit of the devotees, & although I have committed an offense at Your lotus feet by stealing away Your boys & calves, I can understand that You have bestowed Your mercy upon me"
- Brahma’s stealing of calves & boys from Krsna may be a wonderful display of mystic power, but when Krsna exhibited His expansive power in so many calves & boys and maintained them without effort, Brahma could understand that his power was insignificant
- By ordinary law, stealing is punished, and in the scriptures also, stealing is prohibited because it is sinful
- I have seen some television. People are learning how to smash, how to steal, how to harass people. Things are being shown like that. Not that "You are soul. You are spirit soul. If you degrade yourself, you then get this"
- If you tell a thief not to steal, despite all sorts of warnings, he will continue to steal. Therefore, the best way is not to prohibit by laws but to cleanse the heart. That is the real prevention of sinful activity
- In Bhagavad-gita it is recommended that instead of keeping yourself lazy without working, better to steal. Better to steal
- In His village of Vrndavana He enjoyed Himself with His mother, brother and friends, and when He played the role of a naughty butter thief, all His associates enjoyed celestial bliss by His stealing
- In illusion an attached person serves such family members, and by serving them he is destined to enter into a hellish condition of life. For example, a thief steals something to maintain his family, and he is caught and imprisoned
- In Kashmir about hundred years ago. If somebody has stolen, cut his hand. Bas. He cannot steal any more. So one cutting hand means finish. In that part of the world, no more stealing
- In the Fourth Chapter I have described Madhavendra Puri's installation of the Gopala Deity as well as Gopinatha's stealing a pot of condensed milk at Remuna
- In the material world, theft is criminal, but in the spiritual world the Lord's stealing is a source of transcendental bliss
- It is said that necessity knows no law. When the conditioned soul needs money to acquire life's bare necessities, he adopts any means. He begs, borrows or steals. Instead of receiving these things, he is insulted and chastised
- Maharishi came here, and he supported that "Whatever nonsense you like, you do. You simply pay me thirty-five dollars and I give you one mantra, and within six months you become God." Oh, he looted your country
- Many devotees fall down due to illicit sex. They may steal money and even fall down from the highly honored renounced order. Then for a livelihood they accept menial services and become beggars
- Meat-eating and intoxication excite the senses more and more, and the conditioned soul falls victim to women. In order to keep women, money is required, and to acquire money, one begs, borrows or steals
- My father used to say, "If you do not allow the servants to steal, so don't keep." Don't keep servants. "A servant who does not steal, he is not a gentleman. He must steal"
- Nobody can say that "I do not know that is sinful activities." Who does not know that stealing is sinful, committing murder is sinful, or so many other things?
- Not coveting or stealing the property of others
- Now, somebody's stealing for the sake of family maintenance, doing so many sinful activities, but when they are scattered again by the laws of nature, nobody will be sympathetic to me if I suffer for my own sinful activities
- Nowadays it is going on that if you steal for greater selfish interest, it is not stealing
- Of course we may take money for Krsna using any method of beg, borrow and steal, but more advanced understanding of Krsna consciousness process is that by telling the truth in a very palatable way, that is the most successful system
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart,"The flutelike murmur of the bamboos rubbing against one another steals Radharani's consciousness, for She thinks it to be the sound of My flute. And She embraces a tamala tree, mistaking it for Me"
- One has seen that a person who is a thief was arrested and was punished. Everything he knows, but still, he commits stealing. Why?
- Outwardly the Bhattatharis take up the dress of sannyasis, but their real business is stealing and cheating. They allure others to supply women for their camp, and they cheat many women and keep them within their community
- Sacimata said, "Why do You steal others’ things? Why do You beat the other children? And why do You go inside others' houses? What do You not have in Your own house?"
- So by any means money wanted. So he adopted all disrespectful profession - cheating, gambling and stealing, any way to live… The only attraction is family, kutumba. So for the sake of maintaining family, he was committing all kinds of sinful activities
- So far as stealing is concerned, one should not steal except in the rarest circumstances. Moral principle is recommended in all scriptures as prerequisite for spiritual culture
- So far Lord Brahma paint him just like you have painted already in the poster where he is flying on the swan for stealing Krishna's cowherds friends and cows
- So he has heard it, and he has seen it that a man who has stolen, he is going to jail. In spite of all his experience, why does he steal? Because he has no good association
- So if somebody will complain, "Sir, your this servant is stealing like this," he would be very angry. The man who complains, he will be angry upon him, "Why do you come and complain?"
- Some of them are called Haridasa. They always chant "Hari, Hari," and thus I thought they would steal the riches from someone's house
- Some way or other, people are determined to earn money or get money by begging, borrowing or stealing and applying that for sense gratification. Such a civilization is the greatest obstacle in the path of self-realization
- Sometimes, being in need of money, the conditioned soul steals and cheats, although he may apparently be associated with devotees for spiritual advancement
- Stealing is bad work, bad work. It is also working, but bad work. So Krsna recommends that instead of keeping yourself lazy, better do bad work
- Stealing is not our business. Our business is to become Krsna conscious. Caesar's wife must be above suspicion. This is our program
- Stealing is still better than keeping oneself lazy
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "At first they were planning to chastise their sons for stealing butter, but as soon as the sons came before their eyes, they lost all of their angry attitudes and became overwhelmed with affection"
- Suppose one man is stealing for his personal benefit, and the same stealing, if he steals for his family, is he not a thief? Either he steals for his family or for himself, stealing is stealing
- The childish propensity of stealing is there even in the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and therefore this propensity is not artificial. However, in the spiritual relationship there is no inebriety to this stealing propensity
- The collections will increase as people come more and more. The temple should become self-sufficient, that is wanted. However, see that stealing is stopped. I am doubtful that things are being stolen, otherwise how is the expenditure so high
- The conditioned soul is sometimes attracted to the little happiness derived from sense gratification. Thus he has illicit sex or steals another's property. At such a time he may be arrested by the government or chastised by the woman's husband
- The elder gopis said, "When Krsna and Balarama are caught stealing the yogurt and butter, They say," ‘Why do you charge Us with stealing? Do you think that butter and yogurt are in scarcity in Our house?'
- The elder gopis said, "Your Krsna and Balarama find great pleasure in stealing our stock of yogurt and butter from wherever we keep it"
- The general activities of all the mothers of the cowherd boys were to kiss them, to embrace them, to call them by their names and sometimes to mildly chastise them for their stealing habits
- The King of heaven, Indra, could steal anything without being visible to the proprietor, and he could kidnap anyone's wife without being detected. Once he raped the wife of Gautama Muni by using his disappearing art
- The Lord's fame as a butter thief is not reproachable, for by stealing butter the Lord gave pleasure to His pure devotees
- The Supersoul is ordering, "Don't do it," because without God's sanction he cannot steal. But when the thief persists, then He says, "All right, you do at your risk." This is the position of the Supersoul and the soul
- The thief, the burglars, they risk their life. They go to steal to a man's house, and it is known that as soon as he is known, "He has come," the man, the proprietor of the house, may immediately shoot him. That risk he takes
- The third man does not steal the money to spend for himself, nor does he neglect it and let it lie in the street. By taking it and delivering it to the man who has lost it, this man is both honest and wise
- There are many thieves. At least in India I have seen. Their business is stealing, and they are put into the jail, and as soon as he comes out, again commits the same thing and put into the jail for many days
- Therefore we should understand that in the spiritual world all these activities (fighting and stealing) exist, but there is no inebriety, whereas in the material world all activities are full of miserable conditions
- Thieves may enter the house of a rich man to steal money at the risk of their lives. Because of trespassing, they may be killed by guns or attacked by watchdogs, but still they try to commit burglary
- This modern civilization is teaching people how to steal, how to cheat, how to satisfy your own sense gratification. You see? No tolerance, no complete knowledge. All fools and rascals, no knowledge
- What is that glanih? The glanih is when we forget Krsna. Then our activities become polluted. Just like a servant. If he forgets that there is master, then he becomes polluted. He steals, he mismanages things, things become very disordered
- What is this stealing and violence. This is not good. By stealing, did Gurukrpa Maharaja collect that money? Stealing is not our business. Our business is to become Krsna conscious
- When a man steals some money, if he is caught and agrees to return it, he is not freed from the criminal punishment. By the law of the state, even though he returns the money, he has to undergo the punishment
- When an intelligent person hears from the lawbooks and sastras, or scriptures, that stealing is not good and hears that a thief is punished when arrested, he refrains from theft
- When sandalwood pulp is mixed with aguru, kunkuma, musk and camphor and spread on Krsna's body the scent of all these substances mixes with the previous scent of Krsna's body and steals away the mind of Cupid
- While passing through the forest, one boy stole another boy's lunch package and passed it to a third. And when the boy whose lunch package was stolen came to know of it, he tried to take it back. But the boy who had it threw it to another boy