Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
saintliness | saintly
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Krsna's Saintly Articles (2 P)
Pages in category "Saintly"
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total.
- A king is supposed to be representative of God. So unless he has got godly character, saintly character, great devotee, how he can become the head of a state?
- A sadhu, a saintly person, must be saintly in his behavior. Unless one adheres to the standard behavior, one's position as a sadhu, a saintly person, is not complete. Therefore a Vaisnava, a sadhu, must completely adhere to the standard of behavior
- A saintly devotee is certainly very tolerant. He is the friend of all living entities, and he does not create enemies within the world. A pure devotee has all the qualities of a sadhu
- A saintly person thinks like this, "When shall I be able to live alone in the caves of the mountains? When shall I be dressed simply with undergarments? When shall I be satisfied by eating simply a little fruit and vegetables?'
- After conquering the enemy, the saintly king Puranjaya gave everything, including the enemy's riches and wives, to Indra, who carries a thunderbolt. For this he is celebrated as Puranjaya
- Although a responsible man in the administration of a state is required to be saintly, he should not be cowardly
- Although Sanat-kumara, the well-known great saintly Kumara, was in the perfect stage of life, still he heard the message of Srimad-Bhagavatam from Lord Sankarsana
- Any activities sanctioned in the revealed scriptures and aiming at the satisfaction of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are accepted by saintly teachers as the regulative principles of devotional service
- Anyone who will take to this chanting process, whatever, you don't consider about his past life. He will become saintly. He will become a pure Krsna conscious person. The evidence is Jagai-Madhai
- Assured, the child (Suka) came out, but he immediately went away as a parivrajakacarya. When the father (Vyasa), very much aggrieved, began to follow his saintly boy, Sukadeva Gosvami, the boy created a duplicate Sukadeva, who later entered family life
- Atreya Rsi, Asmarathya, Audulomi, Karsnajini, Kasakrtsna, Jaimini, Badari, Parasari and Karmandi-bhiksu were saintly contemporaries of Vyasadeva who also discussed Vedanta-sutra
- Bali Maharaja says, "What is the use of such endeavor?" Therefore big, big saintly persons, they do not care for the body. Lying down anywhere. But they are very serious about spiritual advancement
- Both the brahmana Srutadeva and the King of Mithila, under the direction of the Lord, worshiped both Krsna and His followers, the great sages and saintly brahmanas, on an equal level of spiritual importance
- I am glad to see that my Thursday lectures have brought some changes in the mind of the young offenders. If the lectures are continued I am sure to turn these offenders into saintly characters
- I have studied the Muslim scripture very extensively, but from it I cannot conclusively decide what the ultimate goal of life is or how I can approach it
- If the head of the government is saintly, certainly the citizens become saintly, and they are very happy because both their spiritual and physical needs and hankerings are satisfied
- If the king is saintly, and if he understands the philosophy of life, then he can turn the whole picture
- If you organize this kind of play, at least they'll be appreciated by the saintly order. The sannyasis also can see. But parts played by women, the sannyasis cannot see. That is strictly prohibited
- In order to avoid contradiction, botheration and unfavorable situations created by materialistic persons, a great saintly person like Jada Bharata or Utkala remains silent. The less intelligent consider such saintly persons to be mad, deaf or dumb
- In this way Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu directly initiated the saintly Muslim by advising him to chant the holy name of Krsna. The Muslim's name was changed to Ramadasa. Another Pathana Muslim present there was named Vijuli Khan
- It is not possible that the princes of the Yadu dynasty could offend any saintly man or sage, nor could the sages, who were all pure devotees of the Lord, be influenced to anger
- It is the general practice of all saintly people to deliver the fallen. Therefore they go to people's houses, although they have no personal business there
- Krsna persisted, "My dear father, for those who are liberal and saintly, there is no secrecy. They do not think anyone to be a friend, an enemy or a neutral party, because they are always open to everyone"
- Kuntidevi said, "My dear brother (Vasudeva), I am very unfortunate because not one of my desires has ever been fulfilled; otherwise how could it happen that although I have such a saintly brother as you, perfect in all respects"
- O chief of all the saintly kings of the Pandu dynasty who are strictly in the line of Lord Krsna! It is not at all astonishing that you give up your throne, which is decorated with the helmets of many kings, to achieve eternal association with the P of G
- O most worshipable of all, You are the best of all benefactors, and Your appearance at saintly King Nabhi's sacrificial arena is meant for our benediction. Because You have been seen by us, You have bestowed upon us the most valuable benediction
- O saintly King (Pariksit), I (Sukadeva Gosvami) was certainly situated perfectly in transcendence, yet I was still attracted by the delineation of the pastimes of the Lord, who is described by enlightened verses
- O saintly Vidura, while His enemy looked on, the Lord in His boar form, the enjoyer of all sacrificial offerings, playfully knocked down the mace with His left foot, even as it came upon Him with the force of a tempest
- Of what use are persons who are puffed up with material opulence and prestige if they are bereft of the association of saintly persons and devotees of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- One is recommended to associate only with saintly devotees so that worldly demons and ghosts cannot exert their sinister influence
- Saintly behavior
- Saintly persons like Vidura must be treated as well as a denizen from heaven. In those days denizens of heavenly planets used to visit homes like that of Maharaja Yudhisthira, and sometimes persons like Arjuna and others used to visit higher planets
- Saintly teachers
- Saintly Vasudeva, after hearing all the sages, offered his respectful obeisances unto their lotus feet. In this way he pleased the sages, and then he requested them to perform the yajnas
- Saying this, the saintly Muslim fell at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and requested Him to speak of life's ultimate goal and the process by which it could be obtained
- Sexually inclined demons have no respect even for their father, and the best policy for a saintly father like Brahma is to leave such demoniac sons
- She (the wife of the brahmana) said, "You are saintly, learned & fully in control of your senses. Under the circumstances, Krsna is your only shelter. Please, therefore, go to Him. I am sure that He will immediately understand your impoverished position"
- Since You are that very same Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, please be merciful upon me. I am fallen and unfit
- Situated 8,800,000 miles above Saturn, or 20,800,000 miles above earth, are the seven saintly sages, who are always thinking of the well-being of the inhabitants of the universe. They circumambulate the supreme abode of Lord Visnu, known as Dhruvaloka
- Sometimes I (a saintly brahmana) lie on the surface of the earth, sometimes on leaves, grass or stone, sometimes on a pile of ashes, or sometimes, by the will of others, in a palace on a first-class bed with pillows
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please get up. You have chanted the holy name of Krsna; therefore the sinful reactions you have accrued for many millions of lives are now gone. You are now pure"
- The fact is that every householder, regardless of his position or economic condition, can at least receive saintly guests with great devotion and offer them drinking water, for drinking water is available always
- The good King (Yudhisthira) inquired: O great souls, will he become as saintly a king, as pious in his very name and as famous and glorified in his achievements, as others who appeared in this great royal family?
- The great saints and devotees of the Lord are in the list of His paraphernalia, and thus as soon as a saintly devotee is present, the ghostly sins are at once vanquished. That is the verdict of all Vedic literatures
- The only concern of such saintly devotees is to serve the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Thus they are also absolute because they have no other desires. Being freed from the dualities of material desire, they are called sreyas-kamah
- The sages decided that the descendants of the family of the saintly King Anga should not be stopped, for in this family the semen was very powerful and the children were prone to become devotees of the Lord
- The saintly brahmana said: To cover my body I use whatever is available, whether it be linen, silk, cotton, bark or deerskin, according to my destiny, and I am fully satisfied and unagitated
- The saintly King Khatvanga, after being informed that the duration of his life would be only a moment more, at once freed himself from all material activities and took shelter of the supreme safety, the Personality of Godhead
- The saintly Muslim admitted that those who were supposedly conversant in the teachings of the Koran could not ultimately understand the essence of the Koran
- The saintly Muslim admitted that those who were supposedly conversant in the teachings of the Koran could not ultimately understand the essence of the Koran. Because of this, they accepted only the Lord's impersonal feature
- The saintly Muslim replied, "All that You have said is true. This has certainly been written in the Koran, but our scholars can neither understand nor accept it"
- The single-minded devotee who never offends the Supreme Lord or His devotees is to be considered a saintly soul. Even if it seems that such a saint is not yet rid of all sinful propensities, he will never be destroyed, as are the yogis and karmis
- The wife of Anga, Sunitha, gave birth to a son named Vena, who was very crooked. The saintly King Anga was very disappointed with Vena's bad character, and he left home and kingdom and went out to the forest
- The words sadhur eva, "he is saintly," are very emphatic. They are a warning to the nondevotees that because of an accidental falldown a devotee should not be derided; he should still be considered saintly even if he has accidentally fallen down
- Their (Four Kumaras) complexions are very fair, there is an effulgence in their bodies, and they always travel naked. These four saintly persons almost always remain together
- There is another saintly compassion, "Never mind he has done so much mischievous activities, this king, still it is our duty to go to him and give him good advice so that all these disturbances may be stopped and people will become happy"
- There were also many other saintly demigods, kings and special royal orders called arunadayas from different dynasties of sages. When they all assembled together to meet the Emperor (Pariksit), he received them properly and bowed his head to the ground
- They (Four Kumaras) said that they had already decided not to become entangled with family life; they would rather live as saintly brahmacaris for their own perfection
- They (great devotees) generally reside in places like Vrndavana, Mathura, Dvaraka, Jagannatha Puri and Navadvipa because only devotees assemble in such places. In this way they give saintly association to one another and thus advance
- Those who follow the path of great, saintly mystic yogis take to the yogic gymnastic process and begin worshiping from the abdomen, where it is said that Brahman is located
- Upendra Misra had seven sons, who were all saintly and most influential: (1) Kamsari, (2) Paramananda, (3) Padmanabha, (4) Sarvesvara, (5) Jagannatha, (6) Janardana and (7) Trailokyanatha
- Upon hearing this, we each embraced him and encouraged him by saying, 'You are a great saintly devotee, for your determination in devotional service is fixed.' In this way we praised him
- We should request you, we have opened this branch of Krsna consciousness movement just to give chance to everyone to come here and associate with the saintly devotees, and make your life very successful
- When the husband takes the renounced order of life, namely sannyasa, the wife is to return home and become a saintly woman, setting an example for her children and daughters-in-law and showing them how to live a life of austerity
- While the earth and the personality of religion were thus engaged in conversation, the saintly King Pariksit reached the shore of the Sarasvati River, which flowed towards the east
- Women are supposed to be very saintly, but for their own interests they can kill even their husbands, sons or brothers, or cause them to be killed by others