Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
saint | saints | saint's
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Great Saints (1 C, 76 P)
- ► Prophet (2 C, 6 P)
- ► Questions On... Saintly Personalities (28 P)
Pages in category "Saint"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A pound of milk fresh from the milk bag of a cow is sufficient to feed an adult with all vitamin values, and therefore saints and sages live only on milk
- A sadhu is not a friend of a particular class, particular community or particular country. No. A sadhu, a saint, is he who is friend of all, not only of human being, even of animals and less than animals. These are the qualification of sadhu
- All the acaryas and saints of the world had spiritual masters
- All the messiahs-saints who have come before or who will come in the future to preach the transcendental message of the kingdom of Godhead - are to be understood as the most confidential servants of the Personality of Godhead
- Among the human species, some denounce sensual pleasures and are honored by the world as a saints, yogis, philosophers, scholars, and so on
- Atma also means 'endeavor.' Being attracted by Krsna's transcendental qualities, some saints make a great endeavor to come to the point of rendering service to Him
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1966 part two - Don't put me into the ocean of birth and death. Please save me, and just make your life successful in the association of saints and sages. That is my request
- By the aggregate use of the word 'ca,' it is indicated that all the atmaramas and saints serve and worship Krsna
- If you have got some faith, then you will find out some sadhu, sadhu or some saint, some sage, who can give you some spiritual enlightenment. That is called sadhu-sanga
- In Maharastra a saint of the name Saint Tukaram was also follower of Lord Caitanya and he has overflooded the whole Western India with Sankirtana Movement
- It is said that saints have been able to hear the vibrating strings of the vina in the hands of Narada, who is always singing the glories of Lord Krsna
- Kalidasa again offered his obeisances to Jhadu Thakura and asked his permission to go. The saint Jhadu Thakura followed him as he left
- King Yudhisthira was known as ajata-satru, or a person who had no enemy. Therefore, when all the men, demigods, kings, sages and saints saw the successful termination of the Rajasuya-yajna performed by King Yudhisthira, they were very happy
- Krsna said, "One should therefore avoid bad company and associate only with devotees. With their realized instructions, such saints can cut the knot connecting one with activities unfavorable to devotional service"
- Persons who had participated in the Rajasuya sacrifice - including cultured priests, the brahmanas, the citizens of all the varnas, & the kings, demigods, sages, saints & citizens of Pitrloka - were all very much satisfied by the dealings of Yudhisthira
- Prahlada Maharaja studied the bodily features of the saintly person, and through the saint's physiognomy Prahlada Maharaja could understand that he was intelligent and expert
- Prajapati Daksa argued that although the renounced order is recommended for liberation, one cannot attain liberation unless one fulfills his obligations to the demigods, the saints and his father
- Saint Narada entered each and every one of the sixteen thousand residential palaces of the queens of Lord Krsna, and in each of them he found Krsna engaged in different ways
- Saint Narada saw all these activities of the Lord, who is the Supersoul of all living entities but who played the role of an ordinary human being to manifest the activities of His internal potency
- Saint Tukarama, after initiation by the Lord (Caitanya), overflooded the whole of the Maharastra Province with the sankirtana movement, and the transcendental flow is still rolling on in the southwestern part of the great Indian peninsula
- Sakuntala said: I am the daughter of Visvamitra. My mother, Menaka, left me in the forest. O hero (Maharaja Dusmanta), the most powerful saint Kanva Muni knows all about this. Now let me know, how may I serve you?
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "My dear Jagadananda Pandita, you are a greatly learned saint. No one is dearer to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu than you"
- Self-realized saints and sages take such risks for the spiritual enlightenment of the people in general. They do not take vows of silence meant to win cheap glory from the ignorant mass of people
- Sex indulgence is so enjoyable for materialistic people that when they engage in such activities they forget how time is passing. Saint Kardama and Devahuti, in their sex indulgence, also forgot how time was passing by
- Simply by hearing Your holy name, dog-eaters become holy saints. Your uncommon potencies cannot be described in words
- Since Daksa's sons (Haryasvas and Savalasvas) had not liberated themselves from these three debts (obligations to the demigods, the saints and their father), how could Narada Muni have led them to the renounced order of life?
- Since Krsna is the cause of all causes, He is worshiped by all kinds of sages & saints through observance of the regulative principles. As far as meditation is concerned, great personalities meditate on the transcendental form of Krsna within the heart
- Sinful persons go to the holy places and leave their sins there to accumulate. But the presence of the great saints disinfects the accumulated sins, and thus the holy places continue to remain sanctified by the grace of the devotees and saints present
- So-called saints
- Stalwarts of society like Gandhi are trying in various ways to usher in an age of peace, but because such endeavors are not inspired by the spiritually evolved saints, they are not turning out successful, nor will they be fruitful in the future
- Technological advancement has added things like cinemas to the material attractions nature already has to offer, and yet, strangely, these illusory enticements have failed to attract genuine saints and hermits even to this day
- The fire of threefold miseries experienced by materialistic men can be extinguished only by the cloud of mercy of the saints and sages who can pour down the water of transcendental messages to put an end to the miseries of the householders
- The householder should not foolishly ask a saint to deliver what is available in the market. That should be the reciprocal relation between the saints and the householders
- The king personally begged the muni's (Manduka Muni) pardon for the mistake of his men, and the saint at once went to Yamaraja, who prescribes the destiny of the living beings
- The monarchs who ruled the earth in those days were not irresponsible dictators. They scrupulously followed the authoritative decisions of the saints and sages in terms of Vedic injunction
- The practical effect of our spreading the Krsna consciousness movement all over the world is that now the most degraded debauchees are becoming the most elevated saints. This is only one Indian's humble service to the world
- The saint by whose benedictions the queens bore the child was called Candra Kausika, who foretold of the child before his father Brhadratha
- The saints and sages of Bharata-varsa, as India has long been known, never tried to cultivate or satisfy artificially the needs of the body and the mind exclusively; they always cultured the transcendental spirit soul, which is above the material body
- The saints and the higher castes or orders of the society are judged by their proportion of knowledge in the science of God, or tattva jnana, and not by any kind of birthright or bodily designations
- The single-minded devotee who never offends the Supreme Lord or His devotees is to be considered a saintly soul. Even if it seems that such a saint is not yet rid of all sinful propensities, he will never be destroyed, as are the yogis and karmis
- The word 'muni' refers to one who is thoughtful, one who is grave or silent, an ascetic, one who keeps great vows, one in the renounced order and a saint. These are the different meanings of the word 'muni'
- The word munayah refers to (1) those who are thoughtful, (2) those who are grave and silent, (3) ascetics, (4) the persistent, (5) mendicants, (6) sages and (7) saints
- The yogi alone attains the planet Maharloka where purified saints like Bhrgu enjoy a duration of life of 4,300,000,000 solar years
- There are many sages and saints who engage in trying to conquer rebirth and all other material miseries
- There is a great chance for the poor man to become liberated through association with a saint
- To preach this process of devotional service, sages and saints like Narada and the Kumaras travel all over the universe educating people and increasing their disciples
- When Maharaja Pariksit entered the door of Samika Rsi, he did not expect a royal reception by the rsi because he knew that saints and rsis are not materially rich men
- Within the heart of every living being the Lord Himself as the Supersoul (Paramatma) becomes the spiritual master, and from without He becomes the spiritual master in the shape of scriptures, saints and the initiator spiritual master