Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
predominate | predominates | predomination | predominance | predominating | predominant | predominantly
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Predominant"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- After describing the different opulences of Krsna, Srila Rupa Gosvami tries to further describe the transcendental beauties and qualities of the Lord as decorated, enjoying, pleasing, dependable, steady and predominating
- At that time, the whole world became perturbed, and the predominating deity of this earth, known as Bhūmi, went to see Lord Brahmā to tell of her calamities due to the demoniac kings
- Bhismadeva, as a pure devotee of the Lord, entered the spiritual realm in one of the Vaikuntha planets where the Lord in His eternal form of Partha-sarathi predominates over the unconditioned living beings
- Both Hiranya Majumadara and Govardhana Majumadara were very opulent and magnanimous. They were well behaved and devoted to brahminical culture. They belonged to an aristocratic family, and among religionists they were predominant
- In modern civilization, sex life is the focal point for all activities. Wherever one turns his face, he sees sex life predominant
- In politics, social service, altruism, philanthropy and ultimately in religion or even in salvation, the very same tint of sense gratification is ever-increasingly predominant
- In the course of exchanging transcendental love of the highest purity, sometimes the subordinate devotee tries to predominate over the predominator
- In the subtle body, the mind is predominant, and therefore if one's mind is always absorbed in remembering the activities or the lotus feet of the Lord, he is to be understood to have already changed his present body and become purified
- In these spiritual planets the Supreme Lord as Narayana predominates, and the healthy, unconditioned living beings live there by rendering loving service to the Lord in the capacity of servant, friend, parents and fiancee
- Maharaja Nanda and other elder members argued that without satisfying the predominating god one cannot derive any good result simply by material activities. This is actually the fact
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "I am simply surprised that He would act in such a way, enjoying the company of others' wives in the dead of night." This statement of Maharaja Pariksit's was very much appreciated by Sukadeva Gosvami
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "Krsna appeared on the earth to establish the regulative principles of religion and to curb the predominance of irreligion. But the behavior of Krsna and the gopis might encourage irreligious principles in the material world"
- On every planet there is a predominating person, just as we now see that in every country there is a president. If one is president or king, it should be understood that this opportunity has been given to him by the Supreme Lord
- Only pure devotees, they are, they are simply satisfied to carry out the orders of Krsna. Therefore, they have no demands. And anyone who is wanting something predominance, materially or spiritually, they are not pure devotee. They are impure
- Sane people should execute Krsna consciousness very seriously, so that they can go back home, back to Godhead, without having to further suffer the miserable conditions predominant in this universe
- Sisupala said, "Ladies and gentlemen, I can appreciate now the statement of the Vedas that, after all, time is the predominating factor"
- Sometimes learned scholars describe "predominating" to mean a person intolerant of being neglected
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "To the Vrsnis He (Krsna) is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In such a predominating position Krsna appeared in that arena along with His older brother Balarama"
- That body, sac-cid-ananda-vigrahah body, means one who is completely conversant with the service, devotional service of... Because you cannot enter into the abode of Krsna with your predominating propensity
- The astrological influence of the constellation known as Rohini was also predominant because this constellation is considered very auspicious. Rohini is under the direct supervision of Brahma
- The material ego springs up from the mahat-tattva, which evolved from the Lord's own energy. The material ego is endowed predominantly with active power of three kinds - good, passionate and ignorant
- The predominating ruler of Bhadrasva-varsa is Bhadrasrava. He and his many servants always worship the incarnation known as Lord Hayagriva
- The present so-called Hindu religion, which, being predominantly conducted by the Mayavada philosophy, has become a hodgepodge institution of various concocted ideas
- The senses are certainly products of the mode of passion in false ego, and therefore philosophical speculative knowledge and fruitive activities are predominantly products of the mode of passion
- The whole world is suffering on this false predominating position. The human form different parties, this party and that party. But if you have got the same disease, same disease means spirit of predominating
- The woman class, they are not happy in the Western countries. And still in our country, although we are so fallen, still our woman class remains satisfied. Being predominated, they are happy. They are happy. That is my practical experience
- The womb was condemned because of the mother's being too sexually inclined and thus transgressing all the laws and injunctions of the scriptures. In a society where such women are predominant, one should not expect good children
- There are eleven Rudras, of whom Sankara, Lord Siva, is predominant
- These twelve forms constitute the predominant names for the twelve months of the year as well as the twelve tilaka marks on the body
- When the aim of life - self-realization - is missed by too much attachment for sense gratification, as already discussed herein before, the institution of the varnasrama is utilized by selfish men to pose an artificial predominance over the weaker section
- When the time was mature for the appearance of the Lord, the constellations became very auspicious. The astrological influence of the star known as Rohini was predominant
- Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion - at that time I descend Myself
- Whenever and wherever there is a decline in religious practice, O descendant of Bharata, and a predominant rise of irreligion - at that time I descend Myself (BG 4.7)
- Wherever one turns his face, he sees sex life predominant. Therefore, sex life is not unreal. Its reality is experienced in the spiritual world