Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
poor | poorer | poorest | poorly
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Poor"
The following 221 pages are in this category, out of 221 total.
- God is not poor
- Krsna, Bhima and Arjuna together went to Jarasandha in the dress of poor brahmanas and begged charity from him
- Poor intelligence
- The killing of poor animals is undoubtedly due to envy of those animals
- We should not make any particular distinction between the poor and the rich like the foolish worshipers of daridra-narayana
- A government official who poorly administers justice, or who punishes an innocent man, is taken by the assistants of Yamaraja to the hell known as Sukaramukha, where he is mercilessly beaten
- A karmi, he is thinking that "I am poor man. If I become rich man, I will be happy." He is thinking in that way. Jnani is thinking that "Poor and rich doesn't matter. I am Brahman. I am spirit soul. If I merge into the Supreme Brahman I will be happy"
- A picturesque scene of green paddy fields enlivens the heart of the poor agriculturalist, but it brings gloom to the face of the capitalist who lives by exploiting the poor farmers
- Advaita Acarya accused Nityananda Prabhu, saying, "You can eat ten to twenty manas of rice. I am a poor brahmana. How shall I get so much rice"
- Aggrieved at hearing the pitiable words of the poor fatigued candala, Maharaja Rantideva spoke the following nectarean words
- All of you assembled here are gentlemen. Please judge whether it is befitting to offer this poor brahmana my father's daughter
- All these poor creatures are constantly perplexed by hunger, thirst, severe cold, secretion and bile, attacked by coughing winter, blasting summer, rains and many other disturbing elements, and overwhelmed by strong sex urges and indefatigable anger
- Although he appears to be materially poor, a person in Krsna consciousness is not actually a poor man, but the person who has no taste tor Krsna consciousness and appears to be very happy with material possessions is actually poor
- Although Krsna has given human beings nice food, people still commit sins by killing poor animals for the satisfaction of the tongue
- Although the cow is beneficial because one can draw religious principles from her, she was now rendered poor and calfless. Her legs were being beaten by a sudra
- Although we are very poor and have no professional source of income, Krsna supplies money whenever we need it. Whenever we need some men, Krsna supplies them
- An orphan is really poor because he has no one to take care of him, but a beloved son of a rich man, although he appears to be on the same level as the orphan, is always under the vigilance of his capable father
- Another name for Laksmi is Cancala, indicating that she does not stay in one place for a long time. Therefore, we see that a rich man's family sometimes becomes poor after a few generations, and sometimes we see that a poor man's family becomes very rich
- Another sentence in this verse is very significant: kautumbikah krudhyati vai janaya. When one's mind is disturbed in so many ways, he satisfies himself by becoming angry with his poor wife and children
- Another thing, why are you always calling on the telephone? Are you such important men that you have to call all over the world? We are poor men sons, what can I do? But, why are you always calling on the telephone?
- Any part of the world, anybody can secure and offer to Krsna. "Krsna, I have nothing to offer You, I am very poor. Please accept this." Krsna will accept. Krsna says, tad aham asnami, "I eat." So main thing is bhakti, affection, love
- Any Vaisnava who is actually feeling for the poor, conditioned souls, he must make arrangement for delivering these rascals from the death knell of ignorance
- Artah means those who are distressed; artharthi, those who are poor, need of money; jijnasuh, inquisitive; and jnani. So the artah and artharthi, they are lower than the jnani and the jijnasuh
- As far as possible try to worship the Deity, patram puspam phalam toyam yo me bhaktya prayacchati. Krsna does not want your whole property. Krsna is open to the poorest man for being worshiped
- As they were leaving, those bhakti-vedantas, who are very kind to poor-hearted souls, instructed me (Narada Muni) in that most confidential subject which is instructed by the Personality of Godhead Himself
- Because he's poor, he's immediately accepted as dishonest. He may be honest or dishonest, but poverty is a sign for accepting a man as dishonest
- Because of their compassion for the poor fallen souls, the six Gosvamis gave up their exalted positions as ministers and took vows as mendicants
- Because people have no control over the senses and there is no institution to train them to control the senses, the poor fellows fall victim to the criminal offenses of sense gratification, and they are punished after death
- Buddha preached nonviolence, taking pity on the poor animals. He preached that he did not believe in the tenets of the Vedas and stressed the adverse psychological effects incurred by animal-killing
- But those who are thinking very poorly, without any advanced knowledge, atheist, they think that everything is coming automatically. They say there is no isvara, supreme ruler, and everything is happening by nature
- By impious activities we remain illiterate, get ugly bodies, a poor standard of living, etc. But all these different states of life are under the laws of material nature through the interaction of the qualities of goodness, passion and ignorance
- By offering my water to maintain the life of this poor candala, who is struggling to live, I have been freed from all hunger, thirst, fatigue, trembling of the body, moroseness, distress, lamentation and illusion
- Devotees may sometimes appear materially poor, but because they are spiritually advanced and enriched, they are most dear to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Don't be disappointed that many men are not coming here or we are very poorly pushing on. Never mind. Whatever Krsna has given us, chance, let us utilize it
- Don't think that these description in the Vedas, they are stories. They are not stories. They are facts. But we cannot accommodate in our poor teeny brain. That's all. So what we shall understand about God? It is not possible
- Due to the continuance of his lusty desires, King Puranjana became very poor in everything. Thus he did not understand the aim of life. He was still very affectionate toward his wife and children, and he worried about maintaining them
- Emperor Aurangzeb also inaugurated a tax that Hindus had to pay because of their being Hindus. Thus all the poor Hindus of the lower class voluntarily became Muslims to avoid the tax
- Every father has to take care. The state has to take care, the teacher has to take care - how to make the children, the poor children, the innocent children, to..., a perfect brahmana
- Everyone is poor. Who is rich? Unless one has got knowledge of Krsna, he is poor
- Everyone needs money. Everyone needs. Who is not poor? Anyone find out. So many gentlemen sitting here. Who is not in need of food and money? You are also in need of money. So what do you distinguish poor and rich? Everyone needs
- Fight your wife, not with a lion. Poor woman, helpless, no father, no husband, no son. This is the civilization
- Following the orders of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Govinda, His personal servant, called for all the poor beggars, who were unhappy due to their poverty, and fed them sumptuously
- For the benefit of the human beings, the capitalist kills the poor animals. Similarly, the communist does the same thing. Where is the difference?
- From above, the goddess addressed Kamsa: “You rascal, how can you kill me? The child who will kill you is already born before me somewhere within this world. Don’t be so cruel to your poor sister”
- Generally hippies are sons of great fathers and great families. It is not that they are always poor. But some way or another they abandon the shelter of their rich fathers and travel all over the world
- Generally the goddess of fortune does not remain steadily in one place. Her name is Cancala, which means "one who is not steady." We find, therefore, that a man who is very rich may become the poorest of the poor. Another example is Ravana
- God is giving them sufficient grains, sufficient fruits, sufficient vegetables, sufficient milk. No, they want to make solution of their problems by killing other poor animals
- God is not only your father, he's father of the lamb also. So if by your brute force you want to kill the poor lamb, then you'll be punished. This is natural. You have got your food, you produce your foodgrain and you eat
- God is not so poor. Everything belongs to God. So, if you are sincere, oh, God will supply you everything
- Happiness of humanity at the cost of the lives of poor animals. That is not recommended herein. This verse clearly says that one should be compassionate to all living entities. Regardless of whether human, animal, tree or plant
- Having been too much addicted to sex, he (King Puranjana) became very poor in intelligence and lost all his opulence. Being bereft of all possessions, he was conquered forcibly by the Gandharvas and the Yavanas
- He (Kholaveca Sridhara) was so very poor that he lived in a cottage that had a broken roof with many holes in it. He could not afford brass utensils, and therefore he drank water from an iron pot
- He (Krsna) then snatched the bundle of chipped rice which was hanging on the shoulder of the poor brahmana, packed in one corner of his wrapper, and said, “What is this? My dear friend, you have brought Me nice, palatable chipped rice"
- He said, "Who am I? A sinful, poor friend of a brahmana. And who is Krsna? The Supreme Personality of Godhead, full in six opulences. Nonetheless, He has embraced me with His two arms"
- I am a poor brahmana, and You have come to My home. Please be satisfied with whatever little food You have received and give up Your greedy mentality
- I am a poor sannyasi, I cannot abandon the duties of the renounced order, and therefore I follow them strictly
- I am cutting throat of one poor animal under my protection. If somebody cuts my throat, how much I am unhappy. And I'm doing the same business and I'm human being? How can I call myself a human being? I have no sense even of compassion
- I am so grateful for your nice sentiments for me, and Krishna will bless you. I am very poor and I have nothing to return for your loving service, but I can simply pray to Krishna for your gradual advancement in Krishna Consciousness
- I am sorry to hear of your wife's poor health. You have tried so many treatments, pills and better climates and visits to doctors, but there is no improvement. I think you can admit her to the hospital on a longer term basis for recouping her health
- I am very poor and therefore I can pray only to Krishna for your guidance. Krishna is Absolute and we are all under His guidance but the bona fide Spiritual Master is accepted as guidance because he is transparent via media between Krishna and the devotee
- I do not know how to inquire, for I do not know what is good and what is bad. Seeing me to be poor in knowledge, kindly speak whatever is good for me by your own good will
- I think it is good to remain financially poor because always we shall be able to pray Krishna, asking His help to execute His service. If all of a sudden we become very strong financially, Maya may dictate us for sense enjoyment
- If a king, being afraid to meet rogues and thieves, kills poor animals and eats their flesh comfortably at home, he must lose his position
- If a person has no money but after some time accumulates wealth & then loses it, he thinks of the lost property all day. Similarly to increase love of My devotees sometimes I appear lost & instead of forgetting Me their loving sentiments for Me increase
- If he has got elevation, he has degradation. This is common sense affairs. If you become rich, you can become poor also. Why that once you become rich and there is no question of becoming poor? Is that guaranteed
- If it is asked, “Why don’t the householders go to a saintly person or a brahmana for enlightenment?” the answer is that householders are very poor-hearted"
- If one kills poor animals to satisfy the temporary whims of this body, one does not know that he will suffer in his next birth, for such a sinful miscreant must go to hell and suffer the results of his actions
- If the devotee happens to be a very poor man, the Lord will accept even the most meager offering. The worship of Lord Visnu or Krsna is very simple, and it can be executed by anyone in this world
- If you are unable to produce anything, then no tax. Why should you levy tax from the poor man?
- In any case, it appears that Jnana das is restless. It is not a good idea for him to bring Lilavati's daughter to Kilifi as he has described the living conditions as very poor and now she is at least nicely situated in Gurukula
- In Diti's appeal to her husband for sex, it was not exactly that she was afflicted by sex desires, but she desired sons. Since she had no sons, she felt poorer than her co-wives. Therefore Kasyapa was supposed to satisfy his bona fide wife
- In Kali-yuga the direct method (Krsna consciousness) is especially more feasible than the indirect because people are short-living, their intelligence is poor, and they are poverty-stricken and embarrassed by so many miserable disturbances
- In other words, He is Lord Krsna Himself teaching the living entities the proper way to approach Krsna. He is like a teacher who, seeing a student doing poorly, takes up a pencil and writes, saying, "Do it like this: A, B, C"
- In the morning they begin fishing, this walking, and golfing, no engagement. These poor fellows, they have been not informed that there is better engagement. They do not know. This is their civilization
- In the present day, no one can get justice, medical treatment, astrological help or ecclesiastical enlightenment without money, and since people are generally poor, they are bereft of the benefits of all these great sciences
- In this age of Kali the direct method of spiritual advancement is especially more feasible than the indirect because people are short-living, their intelligence is poor, and they are poverty-stricken and embarrassed by so many miserable disturbances
- India is advertised very poor country. But still, majority of the people in India, they are happy. People do not know. Although materially they haven't got possession...
- Institutions for the poor
- It (hearing about Krsna) is good for everyone - educated, noneducated, learned, fool, rich, poor, everyone. Man, woman, child, adult - everyone can take part and take benefit out of it
- It does not matter whether a man is king, or a poor mendicant. Everyone has the facility to become the greatest devotee of the Lord
- It does not require to become poor to take to Krsna consciousness, but if anyone has the desire that "I will become spiritually advanced; at the same time I shall enjoy this material life," that is not possible
- It is nice that we are feeding 200 daily, but gradually try to increase. But do not advertise, we shall be self-advertising. And do not go to poor areas, this is not our philosophy
- It is not a fact that the soul or Supersoul becomes poor simply because the body is poor. These are the statements of ignorant people. The soul and Supersoul are always apart from bodily pleasure and pain
- It will take forty thousands of years. Who is going for forty thousand, flying forty thousands of years and again come back and see you: "Yes, I went to such and such planet." Is it possible? So we are so poor. It is not possible in that way
- Kaliya said, "O killer of the Mura demon, I have acquired many mystic powers by my austerity and penances, but before You I am nothing, I am most insignificant. Therefore, please be kind upon a poor soul like me, and don't be angry with me"
- Kill the poor animals and eat, but don't produce food grain. The whole world, this rascaldom is going on. I have traveled over many countries, all over the world. In Africa and Australia there are so much vacant land
- Krsna conscious person, even though a householder, should not discriminate between children and poor animals. Unfortunately, modern society has devised many means for killing animals in different forms of life
- Krsna consciousness is open to all. Just like we are calling everyone, "Come and chant Hare Krsna." It is open to all. There is no question of becoming poor or rich
- Krsna continued, "You (Rukmini) may note also that My devotees are not very opulent; they also are very poor in worldly goods. Persons who are very rich, possessing worldly wealth, are not interested in devotion to Me, or Krsna consciousness"
- Krsna is so kind, because if you are seriously lover of Krsna, He is here to accept your patram puspam. Even you are the poorest of the poor, He will accept whatever you can collect - a little leaf, a little water, a little flower
- Krsna is very much anxious to take us back to home, back to Godhead. Because we are part and parcel of Krsna. Suppose if your son is loitering in the street, are you not anxious, "Oh, there may be some accident, and the poor boy will be killed"
- Laid down on a foul bed infested with sweat and germs, the poor child (the ten-month-old living entity) is incapable of scratching his body to get relief from his itching sensation to say nothing of sitting up, standing or even moving
- Laksmi has not been very favorably disposed toward the brahmanas, and therefore, because the goddess of fortune withholds her benedictions from them, the brahmanas are generally very poor
- Lord Krsna is also known as dina-natha or dina-bandhu, the master or actual friend of the poor living entities, and His pure devotee also takes the same position of dina-natha
- Lord Krsna is the reservoir of all transcendental pleasure, yet He Himself felt great pleasure upon embracing the poor brahmana because He was meeting His very dear friend
- Lord Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that He accepts from His devotee even a little fruit, a flower or some water, which can be gathered by any person, rich or poor
- Maharaja Pariksit, who was qualified to accept surrender and worthy of being sung in history, did not kill the poor surrendered and fallen Kali, but smiled compassionately, for he was kind to the poor
- Mass of people may be poor, but we want to approach respectable persons. They are not poor. They will pay. Why third-class printing, fourth-class matter? Our first-class matter, first-class printing. We have got better scope than Gita Press
- Material wealth is not sufficient qualification to become a devotee to approach the Lord. Does it mean if we become poor then we can approach the Supreme Personality of Godhead? No. That is also not a qualification
- May Krishna give you more and more strength my dear child. I am very poor but Krishna is very rich. I can simply pray to Krishna. But Krishna is very great and magnanimous; He can do everything for you and for us all
- Mayavadi philosophers wrongly think that because the Supreme Person has entered the body of a poor man, the Supreme Lord has become daridra-narayana, or poor Narayana. These are all blasphemous statements of atheists and nondevotees
- Memory may be poor. Everything depends on cultivation. If you cultivate something, your memory increases. Everyone becomes expert not in one day but by cultivation. Similarly, if you try to remember, then your memory will help you to remember
- My dear Lord, because of Your separation My (Srimati Radharani) mind has become overly agitated. Now tell Me, what can I do? I am very poor and You are very merciful, so kindly have compassion upon Me and let Me know when I shall see You
- My dear sir, kindly accept me and be merciful toward me, for it is a characteristic of all saintly persons to be kind toward the poor and fallen
- Nanda Maharaja and Yasodamayi inquired, "Now You and Krsna are grown-up married men with children. In the happiness of family life, do You sometimes remember Your poor father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasodadevi"
- Narada Said: Therefore give up your (Yudhisthira) anxiety due to ignorance of the self. You are now thinking of how they, who are helpless poor creatures, will exist without you
- Natural affection of God. Not that because some of His sons are gone astray God is, God has become poorer. No. He can produce millions and trillions of sons by His desire. And why He's hankering after one son? That is His affection
- Never use this china clay. Never. No respectable gentleman will use china clay. Still. So if a poor family is in need of money, immediately he can take one Benarsee sari, or some metal utensils to the pawn maker. He'll immediately offer some money
- Nobody can say that "Because I am poor, I cannot serve God." No. God can be served both by the poor and the rich without any difficulty, because it is not material affair
- O greatly fortunate ones, you should not kill these poor trees by burning them to ashes. Your duty is to wish the citizens (prajas) all prosperity and to act as their protectors
- O hero (Vidura), Diti, being thus afflicted by the contamination of lust, and therefore poor and talkative, was pacified by the son of Marici in suitable words
- O my dear wife with beautiful eyebrows, I am exactly like that he-goat, for I am so poor in intelligence that I am captivated by your beauty and have forgotten the real task of self-realization
- O my lord, O great devotee, persons like you (Gargamuni) move from one place to another not for their own interests but for the sake of poor-hearted grhasthas (householders). Otherwise they have no interest in going from one place to another
- O protector of the universe, you are engaged by the S P of Godhead as His all-powerful weapon in killing the envious enemies. For the benefit of our entire dynasty, kindly favor this poor brahmana. This will certainly be a favor for all of us
- On behalf of the general populace, Sanatana Gosvami presented himself as a foolish, lowborn, poorly behaved person, although he was a most exalted personality
- Once upon a time, my (Narada Muni) poor mother, when going out one night to milk a cow, was bitten on the leg by a serpent, influenced by supreme time
- One should not give everything to the beggars among the poor
- One who does not know the root, however he might be working very diligently for the poor humanity or community or society, they will never be successful to gain the result, peace and prosperity. They are forgetting the root. And root is God
- People are very much anxious to give service to other living entities, especially to the poor, but although they have manufactured many ways to give such help, actually they are expert in killing the poor living entities
- Persons who are actually very poor because they possess not even a drop of love of Godhead or pure devotional service falsely advertise themselves as great devotees, although they cannot at any time relish the transcendental bliss of devotional service
- Poor cows, they deliver milk, and later on they become slaughtered. How much sinful the modern society is, and they still want peace and prosperity. That is not possible
- Poor devotees
- Poor disciple
- Poorest of devotees
- Rucih means taste. Unless they have got taste, why they should remain with me? They are not coming from poor family
- Rukmini continued, "Although You (Krsna) do not possess anything, the great demigods who accept prayers and worship from others come and worship You to solicit Your mercy. How can You be categorized among the poor"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I am a very insignificant living entity. I am low and poorly behaved. How can I understand who is the incarnation for this Age of Kali"
- She (Durga Devi) can make a new universe, she is so powerful. But this couple, Lord Siva and Parvati, they have no house even to live. They live under the tree, so poor, no residential house even
- She (Kunti) was certainly living like a poor innocent animal in the midst of several tigers. Being a devotee of Lord Krsna, she always thought of Him and expected that one day Krsna would come and save them from their dangerous position
- Since I am but a poor, sinful brahma-bandhu, not brahminically qualified although born in a brahmana family, & You, Lord Krsna, are the shelter of the goddess of fortune, it is simply wonderful, my dear Lord Krsna that You have embraced me with Your arms
- So far Krsna consciousness is concerned, we equally distribute. There is no such thing that "Oh, you are woman, less intelligent or more intelligent. Therefore you cannot come." We don't say that. We welcome women, men, poor, rich, everyone
- So he (the brahmana) was not at all sorry for his poor material position, and he used to live very peacefully. He was very openhearted, and sometimes he went to hear some lectures delivered by great realized souls
- So India was so rich. But now how that India has become so poor? The same land is there. Why? Because they have lost that old culture, God consciousness
- So it is not that this devotional line, disciplic succession, they are necessarily very poor in knowledge. They are full in knowledge. One many not be personally very learned, but because we follow the disciplic succession
- Somebody is living in a poor slum and another man is living in a very palatial building. So simply by endeavoring that "I shall live in a palatial building, and I shall not live in this poor slumhole," it is not possible because the destiny is there
- Sometimes the Christian missionaries go to our country. They bribe the poorer classes of men, and they become Christians - not by understanding the philosophy or the religion
- Sometimes, of course, it so happens that Lord Siva becomes the best benedictor in spiritual life. It is said that once a poor brahmana worshiped Lord Siva for a benediction, and Lord Siva advised the devotee to go to see Sanatana Gosvami
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Sanatana Gosvami, "All My devotees who go to Vrndavana are generally very poor. They each have nothing with them but a torn quilt and a small waterpot. Therefore, Sanatana, you should give them shelter and maintain them"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Please let Me know how Krsna is faring in Mathura. Tell Me if He still remembers His foster father, Nanda Maharaja, His affectionate mother, Yasoda, His cowherd friends and His poor friends like us, the gopis"
- Srimati Radharani continued, "You poor messenger, you are only a less intelligent servant. You do not know much about Krsna, how ungrateful and hardhearted He has been, not only in this life but in His previous lives also"
- Sudama thought, "He (Krsna) also respects the brahmanas so much that He embraced to His chest such a poor brahmana as me, although He never embraces anyone to His chest except the goddess of fortune"
- Sudama thought, "How can there be any comparison between me, a poor, sinful brahmana, & the S.L Krsna, who is the only shelter of the goddess of fortune? considering me a brahmana, with heartfelt pleasure He embraced me in His two transcendental arms
- Temporarily I may become very rich or poor, it doesn't matter. But people are being taught, "Oh, you are poor? You become rich.'' That's all
- That sun-god is now setting, yet the poor animal who trusted in me since its mother died has not returned
- The best solution is that of the Krsna consciousness movement. This movement is always kind to the poor, not only because it feeds them but also because it gives them enlightenment by teaching them how to become Krsna conscious
- The brahmana, being very poor, was not dressed nicely; his clothing was torn and dirty, and his body was very lean and thin. He appeared not very clean, and because of his weak body, his bones were distinctly visible
- The brahmana, therefore, did not exert himself for more material happiness; instead, he used his time for advancement of Krsna consciousness. Externally he appeared very poor because he had no rich clothes and could not provide rich clothes for his wife
- The example of a dark well is given because in the fields there are many wells, unused for years and covered over by grass, and poor animals, not knowing of them, fall into them, and unless rescued they die
- The Gurukula and poor feeding programs should be developed and it will make us very popular. The wrestling is all right. The program for Nitai Cand to visit the villages and preach and make men join is very good
- The human life should be saved at the sacrifice of animals. That is another question. But where there is complete facilities to get very nice, nutritious food, why these poor animals should be killed?
- The illusioned king or executive head, even though sometimes advertised as a great philosopher and learned scholar, will allow slaughterhouses in the state without knowing that torturing poor animals clears the way to hell
- The laborers in great factories and workshops are also engaged in such burdensome work, and after working hard during the day, the poor laborer has to be again kicked by the fair sex, not only for sex enjoyment but also for so many household affairs
- The living entities, according to different results of fruitive activities, may become rich or poor, but the Supreme Personality of Godhead is unchangeable; He is always full in six opulences
- The material world is characterized by a struggle for existence, and survival of the fittest is a well-known principle, but the poor souls of this material world do not know what is survival and who is fit
- The mother said, "My dear son, we are so poor, we cannot give anything. But if Krsna gives, He is dina-bandhu, the friend of the poor. So if He gives something to you, you can promise"
- The mundane workers, who are always desirous of enjoying the fruits of their mundane activities, suffer greatly under the pressing disadvantages of such activities, just like poor oxen tightly tethered to the grinding mill
- The Nagapatnis said, "O Lord (Krsna), we are submitting our prayers unto You. You can appreciate that this poor serpent is going to give up his life. You know that for us women our husband is our life and everything"
- The Personality of Godhead is not a dead stone, nor is He inactive, as is poorly thought by some schools. He moves with the progress of time, and therefore He knows all about the past and future, along with His present activities
- The poor foolish materialist can just imagine how ignorantly he puts forward an insignificant creature to become His rival incarnation, simply on the allegations of a dying man
- The poor inhabitants of this earth, because of their incomplete knowledge, are captivated by a so-called bhagavan who can produce a small quantity of gold
- The poor spiritual master is kind and merciful enough to accept a disciple and suffer for that disciple's sinful activities, but Krsna, being merciful to His servant, neutralizes the reactions of sinful deeds for the servant who engages in preaching
- The poor woman, the brahmana's wife, said to the King: O hero, you are not actually a man-eater; rather, you are among the descendants of Maharaja Iksvaku. Indeed, you are a great fighter, the husband of Madayanti
- The process of ajagara-vrtti, the means of livelihood of a python, is very much appreciated in this regard. Even though one may be very poor, he should simply try to advance in Krsna consciousness and not endeavor to earn his livelihood
- The pure devotee should execute devotional service by giving the greatest respect to the spiritual master and the acaryas. He should be compassionate to the poor and make friendship with persons who are his equals
- The same queen said, "But I cannot accept your entreaty to go to Syamasundara. When He does not care for me, why should I be mad after Him? I am very sorry to let you know that you have become the messenger of a poor-hearted soul"
- The special mercy of the Lord for the neophyte devotee is that he becomes materially poor
- The spirit soul is of the same pure quality in any embodiment of matter, but those who are not sufficiently intelligent see only the bodily differences between animals and men, literates and illiterates, rich and poor, which cover the pure spirit soul
- The statement of the brahmana Sudama is correct. An ordinary man who is very poor and prays to the Lord for benediction in material opulence, and who somehow or other becomes richer in material opulence, immediately forgets his obligation to the Lord
- The vibration of His flute attracts even the goddesses of fortune in the Vaikuntha planets, to say nothing of the poor damsels of Vrndavana
- The word 'nirgrantha,' when combined with 'api' used in the sense of certainty, indicates a person who is a hunter by profession or who is very poor
- The word moha means the false understanding that one is rich or poor. In this material world, the conception that one is very rich or very poor - or any such consciousness in connection with material existence - is false
- There is no need to burn these poor trees any longer. Let whatever trees still remain be happy. Indeed, you should also be happy
- There was but one victim like Ajamila in those days, but in this age of Kali the poor innocent students are daily victims of cinemas which attract men only for sex indulgence
- They (citizen) will always remain poor, full of anxieties and aggrievement, and always unhappy
- They (Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu) will kill poor, faultless living entities, torture women and enrage the great souls
- They (the Queens) wondered how Lord Krsna could personally receive a brahmana who was poor, not very neat or clean, and poorly dressed; but at the same time they could realize that the brahmana was not an ordinary living being
- They cannot accommodate, accommodate in the teeny, poor brain that the original Absolute Truth is a person. That is their problem
- This is a reference to the pure devotees who take compassion on the poor and innocent living entities
- This is Kali-yuga, means "Plunder the citizens, take money from them, and live comfortably at the cost of the poor citizens."
- This is the most exalted qualification, to become well-wisher of all living entities, not that we open hospitals for the human being and we send the cows to the slaughterhouse or poor animals should be slaughtered
- This is Vaisnava son. Prahlada did not ask anything for himself. And although he knew that his father was the greatest enemy, still, he is asking his benediction, "This poor fellow may be liberated"
- This type of religious system, which misguides its poor followers, is strictly forbidden. Such pretentious religions should be stopped altogether
- To be nonviolent to human beings and to be a killer or enemy of the poor animals is Satan's philosophy
- To plant trees on the public roads, to construct public temples and places of worship of God, to establish places of charity where the poor destitutes can be provided with foodstuff, and similar activities are called purta
- To remain a little poor is better condition for developing Krsna consciousness. Therefore our duty should be not to become a very great man in the consideration of these materialistic men
- To respectable persons he (Prahlada) acted exactly like a menial servant, to the poor he was like a father and to his equals he was attached like a sympathetic brother
- Trade is meant only for transporting surplus produce to places where the produce is scanty. But when traders become too greedy and materialistic they take to large-scale commerce and industry and allure the poor agriculturalist
- Unfortunately, at the present moment so-called philanthropists and humanitarians advocate the happiness of humanity at the cost of the lives of poor animals. That is not recommended herein
- Unless the social leaders, the leaders of the society, they take care of the mass of people to educate them, dina-ganesakau karunaya, if they do not become compassionate to the poor mass of people, who will deliver them?
- We are not poor-feeding. That is not our philosophy. Like Vivekananda. Daridra-narayana-seva. No, we are not after that. We are giving you prasadam. And that is fact, that by eating, eating, eating, eating, you one day will become Krsna conscious
- We cannot assign Narayana a material designation, as the foolish attempt to do when they speak of daridra-narayana (poor Narayana). Narayana is always transcendental, beyond this material creation
- We distribute prasadam to everyone, not particularly to the needy. We make no discrimination, rich or poor
- We find that those who engage in Krsna consciousness are materially poor, but one who has eyes can see who is the greater. Although he appears to be materially poor, a person in Krsna consciousness is not actually a poor man
- We Indians may lie on the street because we are poor, but they are not poor, nor the Americans. Why has some of the younger generation accepted this way of life? You have enough food, enough house, enough money, facilities, machines - everything
- We should not be angry with these poor souls. Try to convince them by argument and reason but do not become angry with them
- What can a poor creature like me describe of those transformations? I can give only a hint of them, as if showing the moon through the branches of a tree
- Whatever you have collected for poor feeding may be sent to Bombay Bank of America
- When all the ksatriya kings assembled saw that a poor brahmana had been garlanded by Draupadi for her lord, Sri Krsna disclosed his identity to Balarama
- When I was grhastha, I was going in so many temples, asking for some prasadam. That's a long history. So there is no question of, if one is financially poor, he should come to the temple. Everyone should come to the temple and ask for prasada
- When people are demoniac in spirit, they are not merciful toward the poor animals. Consequently, they maintain various animal slaughterhouses. This is technically called suna, or himsa, which means the killing of living beings
- When so-called philanthropists, who supposedly want to help the poor, are approached by members of the Krsna consciousness movement, they say, "You are simply wasting your time, while I am feeding vast masses of starving people"
- When the typhoid is there, either your body is rich body or poor body, you have to suffer the same pain
- When Vasudeva addressed Kamsa as dina-vatsala, this was excessive praise. Kamsa would accept calves as a form of revenue from his poor constituents, and therefore he was called dina-vatsala
- Whether the devotee becomes poorer or richer, the arrangement is made by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Why the poor animals should be killed? They have got equal rights. But these rascals, they will not give equal rights
- Worship in separation is considered by the Gaudiya-Madhva-sampradaya to be the topmost level of devotional service. According to this conception, the devotee thinks of himself as very poor and neglected by the Lord
- Yasoda began to think, "How can I protect these poor boys from the invasion of Kamsa's servants?" This is an instance of a superior attitude in a devotee
- You are more advanced in every way, you Americans. And because I have come from India with some poor knowledge, I am injecting something in your brain? No. The Krsna consciousness is already there. I am simply helping you to revive it
- You are poor by force, and they sometimes accept poverty voluntarily, just like the hippies. They have enough money. They are coming from very rich father and grandfather, but they lie down on the street, and the police comes and kick them
- You don't find all these things in our Society. We don't drink Coca-cola. We don't drink Pepsi-cola. We don't smoke. So many things which are selling in the market in huge quantity by advertisement, by victimizing the poor customer
- You have to eat the grains and the fruits and the vegetables along with a slice of meat, you take. Still, for that slice of meat, you are killing so many poor animals. How much sinful it is
- You love the poor people but not the poor animals. Therefore your love is so limited and defective. And Krsna conscious person not only loves the poor man but he loves the poor animals also - poor beast, insect, ants; he is so upright and so broadminded
- You will be surprised to know that Lord Caitanya had a very poor friend. In His childhood He had a poor friend. His name was Sridhara. His income was daily, in those days, five hundred years before, his income was, say, about five cent daily
- Yudhisthira said, "O Krsna, You are unlimited, and although we sometimes think of ourselves as royal kings and rulers of the world and become puffed up over our paltry positions, we are very poor in heart"