poverty | povertyism | poverty's
- VedaBase query: poverty or povertyism or poverty's not "poverty stricken"
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Poverty"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- A person who has a pinprick in his body does not wish others to be pricked by pins; a considerate man in the life of poverty does not wish others to be also put into that condition
- A pure brahmana voluntarily accepts a life of poverty and lives in complete dependence on the mercy of the Lord
- Another advantage of poverty is that a saintly person can easily enter a poor man's house, and thus the poor man can take advantage of the saintly person's association. A very opulent man does not allow anyone to enter his house
- At the present moment it is impossible to gather sacrificial necessities because of the poverty of the population and their lack of knowledge in Vedic mantras
- Because he's poor, he's immediately accepted as dishonest. He may be honest or dishonest, but poverty is a sign for accepting a man as dishonest
- Brahmanas accept poverty... Not accept poverty. They are not very much interested. Either lie down on the ground or lie down on the sofa - they don't find any difference, because they are not interested with these bodily comforts
- I do not fear being deprived of all my possessions, living in hellish life, being arrested for poverty by the ropes of Varuna or being punished by You as much as I fear defamation
- I do not fear hell, poverty, an ocean of distress, falldown from my position or even death itself as much as I fear cheating a brahmana
- If a benevolent and merciful person exhibits his pride in becoming poverty-stricken by giving his possessions in charity for good causes, his poverty is a welcome and auspicious sign of a great personality
- If one is very much proud of his material position, putting him into poverty is the best way to rectify his foolishness
- If they (the devotees or the demigods) want to eat like ordinary animals, who have no God consciousness, then they must live in starvation, poverty and want, like the jungle animals in the forest
- If they (the people in this age who act for sense gratification) continue like this, there will ultimately be a state of poverty, and no grains, fruits or flowers will be produced
- In this material world, both the very poor man and the very rich man are under material influences, for both wealth and poverty are creations of the modes of material nature
- One is said to be in a poverty-stricken condition when one forgets the Supreme Personality of Godhead. One has to end such a life of poverty in order to automatically end the miserable conditions of material existence
- One should not think that the disappearance of poverty and liberation from bondage are the end results of love of Krsna. It is in relishing the reciprocation of loving service that love of Krsna exists
- Our farm projects are an extremely important part of our movement. We must become self-sufficient by growing our own grains and producing our own milk, then there will be no question of poverty
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) have described Yourself as penniless, but this condition is not poverty. Since there is nothing in existence but You, You do not need to possess anything - You Yourself are everything"
- Rupa Gosvami, their giving up family life was meaningful. But if somebody, out of poverty, he comes to Vrndavana to solve the capati problem, that is not Rupa Gosvami
- Sometimes it is seen that a person is very opulent materially, but due to his devotional service to the Lord (Krsna) he may be reduced to poverty. One should not think, however, that because he worshiped the Supreme Lord he became poverty-stricken
- Sudama Vipra had been a class friend of Krsna's, and due to his poverty he was induced by his wife to see Krsna to request some aid
- The foolish leaders cannot see that even the people who are most sumptuously materially satisfied are still hungry. And what is their hunger and poverty?
- There is so much facility that you can earn money. So America is like that. There is no economic problem. There is no poverty. Nobody is poverty-stricken
- They are saying that poverty should be removed, and we must acquire food for the suffering and starving. But what they are doing? They are manufacturing motor tire, the rascals
- Those in human society who are intelligent should give up the original cause of lamentation, illusion, fear, anger, attachment, poverty and unnecessary labor. The original cause of all of these is the desire for unnecessary prestige and money
- Unalloyed devotees are distinct from the mixed devotees who approach the Lord for mitigation of miseries and poverty or because of inquisitiveness and speculation
- Unmindful of our supremely rich father and our relationship with Him, we go on endeavoring in many ways to solve our street-beggar problems of poverty and hunger, but with practically no appreciable results
- When a devotee falls into a miserable condition in this way, it is not due to past impious activities, known as karma-phala; the poverty of the devotee is a creation of the Personality of Godhead
- Why there is poverty? Because they are not producing food. Everyone wants so-called comfortable life. So-called education. Sitting idle in the table and chair, and talking all gossips, nonsense, and sleeping. They have been trained up in this way, sudra