Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Performer| performers | performer's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Performer"
The following 44 pages are in this category, out of 44 total.
- Acting as Supersoul, the Lord gives inspiration to a suitable person to perform the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies. In this connection, four classes of priests, known as rtvik, are required. They are mentioned as hota, adhvaryu, brahma and udgata
- As his activities become spiritualized, the performer automatically attains the qualifications of the highest social order. In fact, one who becomes fully spiritualized is transcendental to the modes of nature, and thus he is more than a brahmana
- Bewildered by the modes of material nature, the ignorant fully engage themselves in material activities and become attached. But the wise should not unsettle them, although these duties are inferior due to the performers' lack of knowledge (BG 3.29)
- By practicing bhakti-yoga, if the performer is not purified from the material contamination, he must be a pseudodevotee. For such an imposter there is no remedy for being freed from material entanglement
- By recitation of the hymns of the Vedas in the proper way, certainly the performer gets relief from the reactions of sins, but in case of such sacrifices improperly done under inexpert management, surely one has to become responsible for animal sacrifice
- Either direct bhakti-yoga or the means which ultimately culminate in bhakti-yoga, without any tinge of fruitive activity, constitutes the highest form of religion. Everything else is simply a waste of time for the performer
- Everyone should help to spiritualize all the activities of the world. By such activities, both the performer and the work performed become surcharged with spirituality and transcend the modes of nature
- Govindananda and Govinda Datta, the twenty-fifth and twenty-sixth branches of the tree, were performers of kirtana in the company of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Govindananda and Govinda Datta, the twenty-fifth and twenty-sixth branches of the tree, were performers of kirtana in the company of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Govinda Datta was the principal singer in Lord Caitanya's kirtana party
- If one performs the sraddha ceremony of oblations to the forefathers on the Ekadasi tithi, then the performer, the forefathers for whom the sraddha is observed, and the purohita, or the family priest who encourages the ceremony, all go to hell
- If the public is thinking that we are something show or commercial performers, that will not be proper idea. But if the musicians and dancers want to give one concert and donate the proceeds to us, we shall gladly thank them
- In that condition of spiritual consciousness, the contributor, the contribution, the consumption, the performer or leader of the performance, and the result or ultimate gain - everything - becomes one in the Absolute, the Supreme Brahman
- In the village of Panihati, Raghunatha dasa obtained an interview with Nityananda Prabhu, who was accompanied by many kirtana performers, servants and others
- It may be that the Hindus may be following the same principle in a different way or the Christian may be following the same principle in different way. That is called desa-kala-patra. According to time, atmosphere, and the performer
- O most auspicious lord, you have ordained the heavenly planets, the spiritual Vaikuntha planets and the impersonal Brahman sphere as the respective destinations of the performers of auspicious activities
- On any platform of activities, the principle of sense gratification is there. But on the spiritual platform, sense gratification is for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, whereas on the material platform it is for the performer
- One has to work for the satisfaction of Visnu. Any other work done in this material world will be a cause of bondage, for both good and evil work have their reactions, and any reaction binds the performer
- One should perform activities for the benefit of the public, such as constructing public roads, planting trees on both sides of the road so that people can walk in the shade, and constructing public wells so that everyone can take water without difficulty
- Sanat-Kumara said, "Others, who are not in Krsna consciousness but are trying to become great mystics or great ritual-performers, cannot advance like the devotees"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Don't touch him, for he belongs to a very low caste. You are a follower of Vedic principles and are a well experienced performer of many sacrifices. You also belong to the aristocracy"
- Sri Madhava Ghosa was a principal performer of kirtana. While he sang, Nityananda Prabhu danced
- Sridhara Swami said in his verse, "He (the Supreme Lord) is the supreme potency of all material senses or sense organs. He is omnipotent, and He is the supreme performer of everything"
- That purusa (Karanodakasayi Visnu) is the performer of creation, maintenance and destruction. He manifests Himself in many incarnations, for He is the maintainer of the world
- The fifty-first branch of the Caitanya tree was Krsnadasa Vaidya, the fifty-second was Pandita Sekhara, the fifty-third was Kavicandra, and the fifty-fourth was Sasthivara, who was a great sankirtana performer
- The Lord also gave garlands and sandalwood pulp to the performers of sankirtana. The two chief performers were Svarupa Damodara and Srivasa Thakura
- The means of jnana and yoga and other allied disciplines are not independent in delivering a performer. Such activities help one to reach the stage of bhakti-yoga after many, many years
- The place of action (the body), the performer, the various senses, the many different kinds of endeavor, and ultimately the Supersoul, these are the five factors of action
- The progress of culturing knowledge by the jnanis or the bodily gymnastics by the yogis are ultimately given up by the respective performers, but a devotee of the Lord cannot give up the service of the Lord, for he is ordered by his spiritual master
- The wives of the demigods condemn the performers of sense gratificatory activities as vancita, cheated. Those so engaged are actually killing themselves
- The yoga system instructed in this chapter is called sanatana-yoga, or eternal activities performed by the living entity. This yoga has two divisions of action, called sacrifices
- There are many systems of religion in which animal sacrifices are recommended. Such animal sacrifices are inauspicious both for the performer and for the animal
- There were altogether four parties of kirtana performers, comprising twenty-four chanters. In each party there were also two mrdanga players, making an additional eight persons
- This process entails hearing, chanting and remembering the holy name, form, pastimes, qualities and entourage of the Lord, offering service according to the time, place and performer, worshiping the Deity, offering prayers
- When one properly sees that in all activities no other performer is at work than these modes of nature and he knows the Supreme Lord, who is transcendental to all these modes, he attains My (Krsna) spiritual nature
- When work is performed, therefore, to satisfy the Lord, the performer becomes gradually purified from the material affection
- While dancing and singing, all the devotees in front of Lord Jagannatha kept their eyes on Him. Caitanya Mahaprabhu then went to the end of the procession with the sankirtana performers