Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
performable | performance | performances
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Performance"
The following 160 pages are in this category, out of 160 total.
- A person who honors the prasadam and regularly eats it, not exactly in front of the Deity, along with caranamrtam immediately can achieve the results of pious activities which are obtained through ten thousand performances of sacrificial rites
- According to the order of their father (Rsabhadeva), they became well cultured, well behaved, very pure in their activities and expert in Vedic knowledge and the performance of Vedic rituals
- After ten dandas (four hours) of the night have passed and Raghunatha dasa has seen the performance of puspanjali, he stands at the Simha-dvara gate to beg some alms to eat
- After the departure of King Nrga, Lord Krsna expressed His appreciation for the King's devotion to the brahmanas as well as his charitable disposition and his performance of Vedic rituals
- After the performance of the different sacrifices, Vasudeva offered ample riches, clothing, ornaments, cows, land and maidservants to the priests
- Akrura was getting gold in that proportion and distributing it profusely at sacrificial performances. Lord Krsna cited Akrura's lavishly spending gold as positive evidence of his possessing the Syamantaka jewel
- All rituals, all performances of sacrifices, and everything that is put into the Vedas, including all direction for material activities, are meant for understanding Krsna, who is the ultimate goal of life
- All the various actions that we perform in this world beget various specific results. When we begin to enjoy the fruits of such performances, these further actions also produce, in their turn, further specific results as a matter of course
- Although, great sage (Vyasadeva), you have very broadly described the four principles beginning with religious performances, you have not described the glories of the Supreme Personality, Vasudeva
- And if, after executing all kinds of penances and austerities, one cannot always see Krsna inside and out, then he has executed his performances uselessly
- And the Taittiriya Upanisad says that worship of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is the essence of all Vedic ritualistic performances
- Anyone who trains the mind to turn from matter to the spiritual form of the Godhead by performance of the prescribed rules of devotional service can easily attain the kingdom of God, in the anti-material sky
- Ardent hearing from the bona fide master is the only way to receive transcendental knowledge, and there is no need for medical performances or occult mysticism for miraculous effects
- Arjuna said, "In dramatic performances in the theater, an actor may play the part of a king, but no one expects any benefits from such a make-believe king"
- Artificially, they (materialists) may sit down for so-called meditation, but immediately after their yogic performance they will engage themselves again in such activities as illicit sex life, gambling, meat-eating and many other nonsensical things
- As a Muslim magistrate, you have the right to oppose the performance of Hindu ceremonies, but now you do not forbid them. I cannot understand the reason why
- As His feelings of separation in the ecstasy of Srimati Radharani increased at every moment, the Lord's activities, both day and night, were now wild, insane performances
- As soon as it was evening, Advaita Acarya began the congregational chanting. He even began to dance Himself, and the Lord saw the performance
- At the present moment there are many vacant lands throughout the world, and if they are properly utilized, there will be no scarcity of food. As far as rain is concerned, it is the performance of yajna that attracts rain
- Austerity, charity and the performance of ritualistic ceremonies for counteracting sinful activities are recommended processes, but that by performing them one cannot remove the sinful desire-seed from the heart, as was the case with Ajamila in his youth
- Because foolish people have no information of the soul and how it is beyond the purview of the body and mind, they are not satisfied in the performance of their occupational duties
- Bhakti-yoga is the highest quality of perfection to be achieved by the intelligent person in lieu of performing a large quantity of spiritual activities. A handful of real paddy is more valuable than heaps of paddy skins without any substance within
- Bhrgu Muni saw the danger and, offering oblations into the southern side of the sacrificial fire, immediately uttered mantric hymns from the Yajur Veda by which the destroyers of yajnic performances could be killed immediately
- Both devotees and fruitive workers can derive equal benefit from the performances of sankirtana-yajna
- Brahmanas said, "How wonderful it is that although these women have undertaken no reformatory performances such as accepting the sacred thread, have not resided in the monastaries of the spiritual master-they still have attained the favor of Krsna"
- By dint of performing heroic activity of devotional service one receives the benefit of returning home, back to Godhead
- By His grace was the demon named Maya saved from the blazing Khandava Forest, and thus we could build our assembly house of wonderful architectural workmanship, where all the princes assembled during the performance of Rajasuya-yajna and paid you tributes
- By performance of religious rituals one ultimately reaches the supreme goal of knowledge by understanding that Vasudeva, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the cause of everything
- By performance of Vedic rituals, discussion of the Vedic philosophy and worship of the Lord in devotional service, He is attained
- By performance of Vedic rituals, discussion of the Vedic philosophy and worship of the Lord in devotional service, He is attained. Therefore the purpose of the Vedas is to understand Krsna
- By the performance of yajna, sufficient clouds gather in the sky, and when there are sufficient clouds, there is also sufficient rainfall. In this way agricultural matters are taken care of
- By the regular performance of yajna, the equal distribution of wealth and the restriction of sense gratification, the entire world will be made peaceful and prosperous
- Demons arrange many kinds of performances to see the glaring beauty of a beautiful woman
- Due to his being Krsna conscious, all impiety within is instantly cleansed, an effect of many, many thousands of yajna performances. By such clearing of consciousness, one becomes fully confident of his eternal position in relationship with the Supreme
- Due to the performance of the sacrifice, the various foods were all very palatable. After collecting a feast, they (the wives of the brahmanas) prepared to go to Krsna, their most beloved object, exactly in the way rivers flow to the sea
- Even after undergoing severe penances and austerities and performing the yogic principles, the great mystic yogis can hardly become eligible to achieve the dust of the lotus feet of Krsna
- Even the actual yogis aspire after such success with great interest by performance of their various practices. Who can tolerate separation from Him?
- Even though Haridasa was born of a Muhammadan family, Advaita Prabhu offered him the first dish of prasada after the performance of a sacred fire ceremony
- Everything depends on one's practical performance of duties in Krsna consciousness, which helps one control the senses in every respect and conquer the influence of desire and anger
- For material enjoyment He has prescribed so many ritualistic sacrificial performances in the Vedas, and thus people may take advantage of those instructions and enjoy material life in higher planets or in a noble aristocratic family
- For some time we play as master or servant, as actors play on the stage under someone else's direction. While we are in the human form, we should put an end to this nonsensical stage performance. We should come to our original constitutional position
- Garga Muni replied, "Vasudeva has sent me to see to the reformatory performances of these boys, especially Krsna's, but if I do so it may incidentally appear that Krsna is the son of Devaki, since I am Vasudeva's family priest"
- Generally a conditioned soul has the determination for material profit, but when these desires for material profit are satisfied through performance of yajna, one gradually achieves the spiritual platform. Then his life becomes perfect
- I am so much satisfied with your successful performance of Rathayatra festival and I am awaiting to see similar festivals in all our other centers, including one in the prospective London center
- I am very much anxious to know how things are going on, who is taking care of the Deities, whether regular performances are being executed etc. I hesitated to install the Deities when I was in Germany on this account
- I am very much hopeful that this movement can be spread all over the whole world if we organize simply the performance of Kirtana and a little lecture on the principles of Krishna Consciousness
- I beg to enclose herewith some newspaper cuttings for your information how we have performed Rathayatra Ceremony in San Francisco, London, Buffalo, Boston and Ohio
- I simply repeat like a parrot whatever instructions You have given me. You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. Who can understand Your dramatic performances
- I thought that today I would be able to finish my performance of yajna, my chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. I tried my best to chant the holy name all night, but I still did not finish
- I used to imitate the performances of a neighboring temple of Radha-Govinda. By constantly visiting this neighboring temple and copying the ceremonies in connection with my own Deities of play, I developed a natural affinity for the Lord
- If one does not strictly follow the guidance of a bona fide Spiritual Master his initiation does not bear any meaning. The initiation performance is an agreement by the disciples to abide by the order of the Spiritual Master
- If one is unable to maintain a temple at home, he should go to another's temple where all the above performances are regularly executed
- If someone falls down from the principles of devotional service, he need not take to the prayascitta performances for reformation. He simply has to execute the rules and regulations for discharging devotional service
- If we play, train our devotees to present some dramatical performances or movie, I think it will be very successful, because they will play from transcendental sentiment, not for trade purpose
- Imitative hearing of Srimad-Bhagavatam is a caricature only, and one should not be misled by such a performance of bhagavatam saptaha undertaken by ridiculous greedy fellows to maintain an establishment of material enjoyment
- In charge of the various necessities of life, the demigods, being satisfied by the performance of yajna, will supply all necessities to you. But he who enjoys such gifts without offering them to the demigods in return is certainly a thief
- In that condition of spiritual consciousness, the contributor, the contribution, the consumption, the performer or leader of the performance, and the result or ultimate gain - everything - becomes one in the Absolute, the Supreme Brahman
- In the performance of a sacrifice, there are seven transcendental means to obtain the mercy of the Supreme P. of G: (4) by offering hymns, (5) by going through the priest, (6) by offering gifts to the priests and (7) by observing the regulative principles
- In the performance of a sacrifice, there are seven transcendental means to obtain the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead: (1) by sacrificing valuable things or eatables, (2) by acting in terms of place, (3) by acting in terms of time
- In this age the brahmanas are neither well versed in the Sanskrit language nor very pure in practical life. But by chanting the Hare Krsna mantra one can attain the highest benefit of sacrificial performances
- In this age the performance of sacrifice has been simplified. One can chant Hare Krsna, and by pleasing Krsna one can satisfy all the demigods automatically
- Indra said, "Actually, our shares in the sacrificial performances are due to You only, because You are the supreme enjoyer of all sacrifices"
- Indra, the King of heaven, says, "O Supreme One, these demons talk of our share of participation in the performances of ritualistic sacrifices, but simply by Your appearance as Lord Nrsimhadeva You have saved us from terrible fears"
- It (service performed strictly in conformity with the revealed scriptures) is executed in Krsna consciousness, solely to please the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Kings such as Janaka attained perfection solely by performance of prescribed duties. Therefore, just for the sake of educating the people in general, you should perform your work
- Krsna consciousness is the highest yoga performance by trained devotional yogis
- Krsna consciousness movement is so nice that even children without any knowledge of Vedanta - and big, big philosopher - simply by attending the performance of devotional service even a child's mind can be glorious - without an education
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "you may know it from Me, the attraction I feel for devotional service rendered by My devotees is not to be attained even by the performance of mystic yoga, philosophical speculation, ritualistic sacrifices, the study of Vedanta"
- Krsna spoke Karma-mimamsa philosophy, "My dear father, I don’t think you need to worship any demigod for the successful performance of your agricultural activities"
- Kuruksetra is dharma-ksetra, the place where religious ritualistic performances are done. Kuru-ksetre dharmam acaret. That is the Vedic version.
- Lord Jagannatha was very much pleased by the sankirtana, and He brought His car to a standstill just to see the performance
- Lord Krsna thus enabled the performance of the Rajasuya-yajna arranged by King Yudhisthira to be successfully completed, and, being requested by His cousins and relatives, He remained in Hastinapura for a few months more
- Lord Siva says to Sati, "By performance of the ritualistic sacrifices recommended in the Vedas one can be elevated to the platform of pious activities and thereby enjoy the material comforts of life to the fullest extent"
- Lord Visnu is the beneficiary of the results of all sacrificial performances. Great personalities and sages who are able to see everything
- O father, this performance (being attracted to your daugher) in which you are endeavoring to complicate yourself was never attempted by any other Brahma, nor by anyone else, nor by you in previous kalpas, nor will anyone dare to attempt it in the future
- On hearing this inquiry from Krsna, Maharaja Nanda replied, "My dear boy, this ceremonial performance is more or less traditional"
- One great sage once inquired from another, "My dear friend, do you think that after I perfect the eightfold yoga performance I shall be able to see the eternal form of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- One may argue that one may achieve the ultimate goal of life - realization of the Supersoul - by practicing the yoga system and ritualistic performances according to the Vedic principles, even without staunch devotion to the spiritual master
- One should not be attracted by the jugglery of karma-kanda or jnana-kanda or even the gymnastic performances of yoga, but skillfully should take to the simple performances of kirtanam, smaranam, etc., under a bona fide spiritual master
- One who is not mature in his performance of yoga, he is given chance, another chance -- another chance in a very nice family, sucinam, very pure brahmana family; srimatam, very rich, royal or very rich mercantile family
- One who takes foodstuff after a performance of sacrifice eats real food for proper maintenance of the body and soul, but one who cooks for himself and does not perform any sacrifice eats only lumps of sin in the shape of foodstuffs
- One's forefathers may have to take a body on another planet, but by performance of this tarpana (pleasing) system they become very happy wherever they may be
- Only advanced devotees performing religious ritualistic performances can come to this stage of dharma-vira
- People can hold meetings to glorify the Lord in their respective languages and with melodious songs, and if such performances are executed in an offenseless manner, it is certain that the participants will gradually attain spiritual perfection
- Persons who are bereft of the all-auspicious performance of chanting and hearing about Your transcendental activities are certainly unfortunate and are also bereft of good sense. They engage in inauspicious activities, enjoying SG for a very little while
- Pious activities of the people, such as performance of Vedic rituals, charity, austere penances & transcendental service, performed with a view to worship & satisfy You by offering You the fruitive results, are also beneficial. Such acts never go in vain
- Plants & creepers grow by drinking water from the ground. A person practicing austerities becomes dry, but after the austere performances are completed & he gets the result, he begins to enjoy life in sense gratification with family, society, love & home
- Ramananda Raya directed the two girls how to dance and express the deep meaning of his songs through dramatic performances
- Regular reading or hearing of Srimad-Bhagavatam is also performance of bhakti-yoga, and one can attain the highest perfection simply by the association of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Religious performances
- Sankirtana is our life & soul. You have got a natural tendency for these Sankirtana performances. I have seen this personally. You can do it very nicely. For you the best thing will be to form a Sankirtana Party for yourself & travel all over the country
- Simply by satisfying the spiritual master one can achieve the supreme success in life, and in spite of executing all ritualistic performances, if one cannot satisfy the spiritual master, one has no access to spiritual perfection
- So far your road-show is concerned, we are not meant for giving performances, we are simple kirtana men. There must always be kirtana going on wherever we travel, and nothing else
- So if we want to elevate the social condition, we shall teach people to become purified. Without being purified, simply so-called performance of religious system will not help
- Sometimes even the devotees of other religious groups take advantage of this auspicious day and enjoy the performance of the ceremony of Janmastami
- Sraddha is a ritualistic performance observed by the followers of the Vedas. There is a yearly occasion of fifteen days when ritualistic religionists follow the principle of offering oblations to departed souls
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu passed that night at the temple engaged in congregational chanting. In the morning, after seeing the mangala-arati performance, He departed
- Srila Vyasadeva's compilation of different Vedic literatures on the basis of regulated performances of fruitive activities as depicted in the Mahabharata and other literature is condemned herewith by Srila Narada
- Srimad-Bhagavatam states that by performing devotional service a person who was born even in a family of dog-eaters may become eligible to take part in the performance of the ritualistic ceremonies recommended in the Vedas
- Such a person is truly intelligent, whereas others, who have but a poor fund of knowledge, must endure the cycle of repeated birth and death. Of all sacrificial performances, the chanting of the Lord's holy name is the most sublime
- Sukadeva Gosvami says, "It is just like when the Deity is washed during the performance of the abhiseka ceremony"
- The aim of human life should be God realization, or Krsna consciousness. The Vedic performances are, of course, very glittering and pleasing to hear about, but they do not serve the real purpose of life
- The ancestors of such corrupt families fall down, because the performances for offering them food and water are entirely stopped
- The brahmanas entrusted with the performance of yajna were very realized souls, and to test their realization an old animal was offered in the fire and rejuvenated. That was the test of a Vedic mantra
- The common people would be entertained by the performances of dramas, and yatra parties played wonderfully on the superhuman activities of the Lord, and thus even the illiterate agriculturist would be a participant in the knowledge of Vedic literature
- The Demigod's pleasures and displeasures are dependent on the performance of yajnas by the human being
- The demons said "Let us immediately begin by killing all the brahmanas who are in charge of the Vedic knowledge, along with the great sages who are in charge of sacrificial ritualistic performances"
- The demons said "The Vedic injunctions, the brahmanas, the cows, austerities, sacrifices, performances of charity and distribution of wealth are all for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu"
- The disciples will remain with me. They will have daily chanting and reciting scriptures very nicely, which will attract hundreds of persons during the performances
- The exact word used in this connection is brahma-vidam, which means those who know the Supreme very well. An expert brahmana is able to give reformatory facilities to the subcastes - the ksatriyas and vaisyas. Sudras observe no reformatory performances
- The heavenly planets are inhabited by demigods like Indra, Candra, Varuna and Vayu and the pious souls reach there after performance of many virtuous acts on earth
- The highest perfectional ingenuity is the personal perception of My (Lord Krsna) abodes, and this has been possible because of your (Brahma) submissive attitude in the performance of severe penance according to My order
- The inhabitants of Gandharvaloka prayed: Your Lordship, we ever engage in Your service by dancing and singing in dramatic performances, but this Hiranyakasipu, by the influence of his bodily strength and valor, brought us under his subjugation
- The learned brahmanas, expert in Vedic ritualistic performances, were properly regretful, because if one does not develop Krsna consciousness, all discharge of religious duties is simply a waste of time and energy
- The Lord does not interfere with the task of the illusory energy because such performances of the illusory energy are also necessary for reformation of the conditioned soul
- The Lord of the ritualistic performance of yajna later married Daksina, who was anxious to have the Personality of Godhead as her husband, and in this wife the Lord was also very much pleased to beget twelve children
- The lotus feet of Visnu are the supreme devotional platform. The performance of everything on behalf of the Supreme Personality of Godhead assures the perfection of all activity
- The next day marked the performance of the festival of Netrotsava. This great festival was the life and soul of the devotees
- The sacrificial fire kindled by the sages of Naimisaranya was certainly full of smoke and doubts because of so many flaws. The first flaw is that there is an acute scarcity of expert brahmanas able to carry out such performances successfully in this age
- The Supreme Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead is never impersonal. All the Vedic scriptures glorify the transcendental performance of His various personal activities and pastimes
- The ultimate aim of religious performances is to release oneself from material bondage and regain the life of freedom in the transcendental world, where the Personality of Godhead is the Supreme Person
- The veda-vada followers of the Vedas are generally inclined to karma-kanda, the performance of sacrifice according to the Vedic injunctions. They are thereby promoted to higher planetary systems. They generally practice the Caturmasya system
- The yogis can display many wonders; but by performance of yogic mystic powers, one cannot become God
- There are many Mayavadis who think that the performance of sankirtana-yajna is a pious activity similar to the performance of the asvamedha-yajna and other such pious functions, but this is a nama-aparadha
- There are many processes for delivering the living entity from this life of entanglement. Generally it is summarized in the process of meditation, performances of great sacrifices and worshiping the Lord in the temple
- There are many who make as their destination different demigods, and by rigid performance of the strict respective methods they reach different planets known as Candraloka, Suryaloka, Indraloka, Maharloka, etc
- There are six types of incarnations (avataras) of Krsna. One comprises the incarnations of Visnu (purusa-avataras), and another comprises the incarnations meant for the performance of pastimes (lila-avataras)
- There is no performance of the purificatory processes known as samskaras, which begin from the time of the mother’s pregnancy and continue up to the point of the individual’s death
- These five limbs of devotional service are the best of all. Even a slight performance of these five awakens love for Krsna
- They (the cowherd boys) also explained to the brahmanas when food is to be accepted and when it is not to be accepted. Generally, the Vaisnavas, or pure devotees of the Lord, do not take part in ordinary sacrificial performances
- This (sankirtana) party will be so trained that exhibitions of our chanting and dancing along with distribution of prasadam will be performed on a stage and for this performance we will sell tickets to the public. It will be known as a spiritual movement
- This literature clarifies our relationship with Lord Visnu, and therefore the publication of ISKCON literature is the performance of yajna
- This transcendental position beyond the Vedic ritualistic performances is devotional service. In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord clearly says that persons who are engaged in His devotional service without adulteration are situated in Brahman
- Those devotees who are householders accept Vedic ritualistic performances as well as the prescribed duties of devotional service, because both are meant for satisfying Krsna
- Those who can understand analytically what kind of performances are in what modes of material nature are actually wise
- Those who were expert in astrological knowledge and in performance of the birth ceremony instructed King Yudhisthira about the future history of the child. Then, being sumptuously remunerated, they all returned to their respective homes
- Thus being pardoned by Lord Siva, King Daksa, with the permission of Lord Brahma, again began the performance of the yajna, along with the great learned sages, the priests and others
- Thus I have described the great performance of congregational chanting by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as He danced in front of Lord Jagannatha
- Thus the great sages, Sanaka, Sanatana, Sanandana and Sanat-kumara, upon reaching the above-mentioned Vaikuntha in the spiritual world by dint of their mystic yoga performance, perceived unprecedented happiness
- To be directly attached to the Supreme Personality of Godhead in conjugal love is technically called keli. This keli performance means to directly join with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- To go back home, back to Godhead is not an easy thing. It requires great discipline of body and mind, and performance of pure devotional service
- To work for Krsna means yajna. Yajnarthe karma: "For yajna, performing yajna, one has to work." To work for Krsna means yajna. That is performance of yajna
- Transcendental service to the Personality of Godhead is explained in the twenty-fourth verse of the fourth chapter of Bhagavad-gita. It is explained there that through performance of work with transcendental results, everything becomes spiritualized
- We do not want to see how, what kind of rituals and performances you are doing; we want to see the result, how much you have tried or how much you have developed your love of Godhead
- We live by food grains, vegetables and milk products as it is stated in the Bhagavad gita All living bodies subsist on food grains which are due to rains come by proper proformance of sacrifice Human life is meant for sacrifice to please Visnu
- What cannot be achieved through the performance of Vedic rituals can be easily achieved through the chanting of the Lord's holy name. To chant the holy name and dance in ecstasy is so easy and sublime
- When many people crowded around Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He regained His external senses. In the meantime, the offering to the Deity had been finished, and there was a resounding arati performance
- When the Vedic followers, the brahmanas, inspire rich men like kings and members of the wealthy mercantile community to give charity in the performance of great sacrifices, the distribution of such wealth is also nectarean
- When we keep a night-long vigil to observe religious performances for the worship of Mangalacandi and Visahari, playing on musical instruments, dancing and chanting are certainly fitting customs
- While performing such dramas, always the actors must be Vaisnavas. Outsiders may help but devotees should have all the major roles. So you may perform such plays conveniently. It is a very nice program, but do not sacrifice other programs on account of it