Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
oppose | opposed | opposes | opposing | opposition | unopposed | unopposable
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Opposing"
The following 86 pages are in this category, out of 86 total.
- A gopi who is always eager to be jealously angered, who is very enthusiastic for that position, who immediately becomes angry when defeated, who is never under the control of a hero, and who always opposes Him is called a vama, or a left-wing gopi
- A person who can tolerate all kinds of offenses from the opposite party is known to be forgiving
- Akrura continued, "Your (Krsna's) appearance is necessary to reestablish actual Vedic knowledge, as opposed to the atheistic philosophy which tries to establish that God and the living entities are one and the same"
- All activities performed in this consciousness constitute true renunciation, or yukta-vairagya, as opposed to false renuniciation, or phalgu-vairagya. By instructing Arjuna to act in this way, the Supreme Lord has ordered us to do so as well
- Although Srimati Radharani was checking Krsna with Her hand, internally She was thinking, ‘Let Krsna satisfy His desires.' In this way She was very pleased within, although She externally displayed opposition and anger
- Although the Buddhists are directly opposed to Vaisnava philosophy, it can easily be understood that the Sankarites are more dangerous because they accept the authority of the Vedas yet act contrary to Vedic instruction
- As a Muslim magistrate, you have the right to oppose the performance of Hindu ceremonies, but now you do not forbid them. I cannot understand the reason why
- As Krsna was speaking with Rukmini, the commanders of the Yadu dynasty's soldiers, headed by Balarama, known as Sankarsana, by Gada, not tolerating the opposing soldiers' defiant attitude, began to strike their horses, elephants, & chariots with arrows
- As opposed to this, the go-dasas engage in the service of the senses or in the service of the material world. They have no other engagement
- As soon as we are in the spiritual world, in spiritual activities, then we are one. There is no discordance. There is no opposing elements. But so long we exist in the material world, everything opposing
- Because the karmis are very much attached to the world and material activities, they always try to establish atheistic principles that oppose the understanding of the Vaisnavas
- Bhisma said, "I was opposing Krsna's most intimate friend, Arjuna - I even tried to kill him! I have so many disqualifications, and yet the Lord is still so kind that He has come to see me at the last point of my life"
- By opposing Krsna consciousness, one becomes conditioned and fearful due to the influence of maya. By executing devotional service faithfully, one is liberated from maya
- Devotional service with attachment is natural, and one who has been attracted by it does not argue with those who oppose him, even though others may argue by presenting scriptural injunctions
- Dhrtarastra could realize two opposing factors acting before him. He could understand that Krsna was there to remove all the unnecessary burdens of the world. His sons were an unnecessary burden, and so he expected that they would be killed
- Due to his being opposed to Krsna consciousness, the conditioned soul is punished by the witch of the external energy, maya
- Having become fully opulent, he (Kartaviryarjuna, the King of the Haihayas) roamed all over the universe without opposition, just like the wind
- However, there is a class of sahajiyas who think that these activities are opposed to the principles of devotional service. Indeed, they consider such activities simply another phase of materialism
- If he is unable to defeat the opposing party, then the next step is that he should not just stand there meekly, but should give up his life
- If Krsna and the enemies who harbor feelings of opposition toward Him are respectively the object and abodes of the mellow of laughter, the resulting feelings are called aparasa, opposing mellows
- If one asks how a personality can be beheld in four quite opposing ways, the answer is that the Lord is the reservoir of all transcendental qualities and activities
- If you gave up all thought of the world's situation, unrighteousness would flourish, for men who hanker only after money would be unopposed
- Illusory stories opposed to the conclusions of Krsna consciousness concern the destruction of the Yadu dynasty, Krsna's disappearance, the story that Krsna and Balarama arise from a black hair and a white hair of Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- Impersonalist brahmanas are always opposed to Vaisnava principles. They are envious of Vaisnavas because they do not know the goal of life
- In Caitanya-caritamrta it is said that material pious and impious activities are both opposed to the principle of devotional service
- In the conditioned state, sometimes devotional service and the conditional service in relation to the body will parallel one another. But then again, sometimes these activities become opposed to one another. As far as possible, a devotee is very cautious
- King Arhat, being bewildered, gave up the Vedic principles, which are free from risk, and concocted a new system of religion opposed to the Vedas. That was the beginning of the Jain dharma. Many other so-called religions followed this atheistic system
- Krsna consciousness movement is trying to give the human society the best knowledge and they have combined together to oppose it. How mode of ignorance is prominent. The simple method is to hear about Krsna. That's it
- Krsna encouraged Rukmini, "My dear Rukmini, don't worry. Please rest assured that the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty will kill all the opposing soldiers without delay"
- Krsna would sometimes perform mock fighting along with the cowherd boys. When Krsna blew His horn in this mock fighting, Sridama, who was on the opposing side, felt his bodily hairs stand up
- Laksmana said, "Expecting opposition from the princes, He armored Himself and took up His bow, named Sarnga, and then our celebrated driver, Daruka, drove the beautiful chariot, without a moment’s delay, toward the city of Dvaraka"
- Laksmana said, "Some of the princes, however, wanted to check our progress, and thus, equipped with proper weapons, they opposed us, just as dogs try to oppose the progressive march of a lion"
- Marshal Arjuna pretended to display philosophical ignorance and weakness, like an ordinary man, when with his chariot between the two opposing armies on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, he refused to fight
- Matter and spirit are diametrically opposed. When we are inspired by devotional service to the Lord, our original identity begins to manifest in us and ultimately brings us to God-realization
- Moha refers to that which is opposed to knowledge
- One party might release an arrow which would cause water to pour from the sky, and to counteract this, the opposing party would have to release an arrow which could immediately turn the water into clouds
- One should not introduce any opposing scripture. 24) One should not chew betel before the Deity. 25) One should not offer a flower which was kept in an unclean pot. 26) One should not worship the Lord while sitting on the bare floor
- Opposing princes continued, "As puppets dance in the hands of a magician, we are all dancing by the will of the Supreme, and according to His plan alone we suffer distress or enjoy happiness. We should therefore be equipoised in all circumstances"
- Opposing princes continued, "There is no question of distress or happiness for a person like you because neither of these conditions is everlasting. Take courage. Don't be disappointed by this temporary reversal. After all, we are not the final actors"
- Radharani continued, "I can understand that you are expert in reuniting two opposing parties, but at the same time you must know that I cannot place My reliance upon you, nor upon your master, Krsna"
- Ramananda Raya was not among the Mayavadi impersonalists or materialistic logicians who are opposed to the principles of Lord Krsna's transcendental pastimes. He was already spiritually situated in the order of renounced life
- Ramanujacarya and others accepted many thousands of disciples to induce them to render devotional service. However, there is a class of sahajiyas who think that these activities are opposed to the principles of devotional service
- Rukmini continued, "They (opposing princes) are always dishonored like dogs, they are miserly like cats. They have sold themselves like slaves to their wives. Any unfortunate woman who has never heard of Your glories may accept such a man as her husband"
- Sex with one's wife according to the scriptural injunctions is also accepted as brahmacarya (celibacy), but illicit sex is opposed to religious principles, and it hampers advancement in spiritual consciousness
- Some of the rulers belonged to opposing parties, and some were friends. But above all, the visitors from Vrndavana were most prominent
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu teaches us that those whom preachers meet are almost all offenders who are opposed to Krsna consciousness, but it is a preacher's duty to convince them of the Krsna consciousness movement and then induce them to chant
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was never pleased to hear books or verses opposed to the conclusive statements of devotional service. The Lord did not like hearing rasabhasa, the overlapping of transcendental mellows
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura vehemently opposed the idea of constructing a temple in some quiet spot and leading a passive and uneventful life in the monastery
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura warns all devotees engaged in broadcasting the Krsna consciousness movement not to speak to the impersonalist Mayavadis who are always determined to oppose such theistic movements
- Srimati Radharani continued lamenting about the consequences of loving Krsna, "My dear friend, I do not understand the regulative principles given by the creator. I loved Krsna for happiness, but the result was just the opposite"
- Such people (the miscreants) never surrender to Krsna, and they oppose the endeavor of those who wish to take Krsna's shelter. When such atheists become leaders of society, the entire atmosphere is surcharged with nescience
- Supporting one's argument with evidence that also supports the opposing side is called jalpa. Merely trying to defeat one's opponent is called vitanda
- That is our success, when there is opposition. They are not going to oppose any such movement like Transcendental Meditation
- The greatest ignorance consists of activities, whether religious or irreligious, that are opposed to devotional service. They are to be known as sins (kalmasa)
- The Lord appears in order to protect the devotees and kill the demons. Since the demons are always ready to oppose Vedic civilization, they are sure to be killed by the transcendental form of the Lord
- The madness of transcendental bliss created waves of various emotions. The emotions appeared like opposing soldiers staging a fight
- The opposing princes were determined to defeat Krsna, recapture Rukmini from His custody, they fought with Him as severely as possible. Rukmini, seated by the side of Krsna, saw arrows raining from the opposing party onto the faces of the Yadu soldiers
- The purport of this description is that the second-class devotee has firm faith in the procedure of devotional service unto Krsna, but he may sometimes fail to offer arguments and decisions on the strength of revealed scripture to an opposing party
- The purpose of studying the Upanisads is to understand the transcendental qualities of the Absolute Truth, as opposed to the material qualities of ignorance, passion and goodness
- The Supreme Lord enjoys six kinds of opulences, and no one can establish that He is formless or that He is without energy. If someone claims so, his contention is completely opposed to the Vedic instructions
- The wives of the brahmanas, because they were inspired by pure devotional service, did not care for any kind of opposition. They immediately went to Krsna
- There are three ways of dealing with such insults. If someone is heard blaspheming by words, one should be so expert that he can defeat the opposing party by argument
- They (opposing princes) addressed Sisupala thus, "Our dear Sisupala, don't be discouraged in this way. You belong to the royal order and are the chief amongst the fighters
- This is the world of duality. One should not think that because he has fallen sick he has fallen from Krsna consciousness. Krsna consciousness can continue without impediment from any material opposition
- Those in ignorance of this (variegatedness in the spiritual world) think that spiritual existence is opposed to material variety. But actually, in the spiritual sky, one attains a spiritual form
- Those who are opposing Krsna consciousness movement, we have to fight with them to our best capacity. Never mind if we are defeated. That is also service. Krsna sees the service. Defeated or victorious, depend on Krsna. But fighting must be there
- To such a misguided interpreter we may reply, "Why should you suggest such fallacious logic? An interpretation is never accepted as evidence if it opposes the principles of scripture"
- Ultimately, however, both parties (the theists and the atheists) demonstrate the Absolute Truth because although they offer opposing statements, their object is the same ultimate cause. They are both approaching the same Supreme Brahman
- Uncivilized activities were actually demonstrated in opposition to the Hare Krsna movement's Bombay center, Hare Krsna Land
- We should adopt that means. Anyone who is opposing, give him good beating
- When Maharaja Bharata was on tour, he defeated or killed all the Kiratas, Hunas, Yavanas, Paundras, Kankas, Khasas, Sakas and the kings who were opposed to the Vedic principles of brahminical culture
- When one becomes an invalid, his senses and organs are weakened. In other words, they are no longer under one's control. The senses and sense objects then begin to oppose him
- When Srimati Radharani saw Lord Krsna just before Her, Her progress stopped and She assumed an attitude of opposition. Although Her face was slightly covered by a blue garment, Her two starry eyes were agitated, being wide and curved
- When this (yawning) weapon is released, the opposing party becomes tired, stops fighting and begins to yawn. Consequently, Lord Siva became so fatigued that he refused to fight anymore and began yawning