Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
opposite | opposites
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Opposite"
The following 81 pages are in this category, out of 81 total.
- Advancement of civilization means advancement of sense gratification. That's all. So bhakti means just the opposite. So, so long we are, I mean to say, very much interested in sense gratification, there is no question of bhakti
- Akrura continued, "If you (Dhrtarastra) do not follow this principle and act in just the opposite way, you will be unpopular among your subjects, and in the next life you will have to live in a hellish condition"
- Alas, O Providence, O Creator, You are certainly inexperienced in creation, for during the lifetime of a father You have caused the death of his son, thus acting in opposition to Your creative laws
- Although the atmosphere is surcharged with opposing elements in this age of Kali, if we simply have faith in the words of Chaitanya Mahaprabhu
- Another name for salvation is apavarga. Apavarga is the opposite of pavarga, or the various miserable conditions of material existence
- Any material thing you take, even stone, iron, it can be burned, it can be cut into pieces, it can dry up, and so many things, all applicable to the matter. But so far the spirit soul is concerned, it is just the opposite
- As already described, if certain kinds of mellows become mixed and there is a joining of opposite mellows, then the situation is called incompatible
- As far as his (Arjuna's) soldiers were concerned, he was sympathetic from the beginning, but he felt compassion even for the soldiers of the opposite party, foreseeing their imminent death
- Asat means that does not exist, "not eternal." It is just opposite. Eternal is called sat, om tat sat, and asat means just the opposite. So here in this material world everything is asat. Even this body is asat; it will not exist
- Because the Lord is all-powerful, it is possible for Him to adjust opposites such as birth and no birth, power and defeat, fear and fearlessness. A pure devotee knows very well how it is possible for the Lord to adjust opposite things
- Being in the tamo-guna, just like the spark being in the water... Water and fire, they are two opposite. So if one remains in tamo-guna, he has no chance of coming out to become fire again. There is no chance
- Devotees do not suffer from skin disease, black or white or brown or red or whatever. In the material world black and white are opposites, but spiritually black and white are varieties. That is the proper vision
- Diametrically opposite the place where the sunrise takes places and the sun is seen by human eyes, the sun will be setting and passing away from human vision
- Do not be very much serious about this body. The soul is the subject matter to be considered. But the modern civilization, they are concerned with this body. Just the opposite
- Each party began to strike the opposite party very severely in a fierce, dangerous battle that continued for twenty-seven days without stopping
- Everyone is trying to become happy himself. Just... Bhakti-marga, or the path of devotional service, is just the opposite, to see how much Krsna is prita-mana, satisfied
- He (one) will be factually blind to his own interest. Instead of fulfilling his self-interest, he will act in just the opposite way for his own downfall
- He said, "I came here for my benefit, but I see that I am getting just the opposite. I am unfit to render service. I simply commit offenses day after day"
- I am just speaking opposite, from the beginning of my preaching. So why you are coming? So if you stick to your position, real human civilization, people will come, gradually. Because they have got the sense
- I came here for my benefit, but now I see that I am getting just the opposite. I do not know, nor can I ascertain, how there will be benefit for me
- I have come to deliver all the fallen souls, but now just the opposite has happened. How can these rogues be delivered? How may they be benefited?
- If a brahmacari or sannyasi talks with a woman in a secluded place, naturally there will be a possibility of sex life without anyone's knowledge. Therefore a complete brahmacari practices just the opposite
- Impersonalism is only a solace for the frustrated. When we are frustrated by the relative personalism of this material world, we try to find out, in material way, the opposite number
- In the fight between the soldiers of the Yadu dynasty & kings of the opposite side, Salva was defeated. But despite his defeat, he made a promise before all the kings that he would in the future rid the whole world of all the members of the Yadu dynasty
- In the relative world white is the opposite conception of black, but in the transcendental world there is no distinction between white and black
- In the transcendental world there is nothing contradictory, whereas in the relative world everything has its opposite
- Kamsa said, "With their help it will be easy to kill all the kings on the surface of the earth who support the demigods. This is my plan. In this way I shall be free from all opposition, it will be very pleasant to rule the world without obstruction"
- Krpanas, those who are not advanced in spiritual knowledge and who are just the opposite of brahmanas, generally take to family life, which is a concession for sex. Thus they enjoy sex although it is followed by many tribulations
- Krsna said, "Better than the first class is the second class of men, who love in spite of the opposite party’s contrariness. Such sincere love can be seen when the father and mother love their children in spite of their children’s neglect"
- Kurute vikarma, we are trained up simply to act, opposite direction. Instead of doing good work, we are educated to do bad work, just the opposite. And that is not good
- Mahatma means broad-minded. And duratma means cripple-minded, just the opposite word. Duratma. Dura means far away from Krsna consciousness, dura atma
- My (Manu) lord (Vasistha), all of you are expert in chanting the Vedic mantras. How then has the result been opposite to the one desired? This is a matter for lamentation. There should not have been such a reversal of the results of the Vedic mantras
- Samplavah, in the sense of "perfect means," is employed to denote the discharging of devotional service, and pratisamplavah means just the opposite, or that which destroys the progress of devotional service
- Similarly, to know dharma, you must know adharma also, the opposite side. If you know white, you should know what is black
- Since materialistic philosophers and scientists are too much engaged with their imperfect senses, naturally they conclude that the living force is a product of a material combination. But the actual fact is just the opposite
- Sisupala said, "In spite of all endeavors to the contrary, the time element executes its own plan without opposition. For example, one may try his best to live, but when the time for death comes, no one can check it"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam and Narada-pancaratra are authorized scriptures that are considered sat-sastra, or scriptures which lead one to the path of God realization. Asat-sastras are just the opposite
- That is the position. The only means is that in spite of all opposition you have to chant Hare Krsna. That will cleanse. Otherwise there is no other way
- The Acarya (Dronacarya) forecasted the future battle of Kuruksetra, in which Dronacarya was on the opposite side
- The apana air goes downward, and the prana air goes up. The pranayama-yogi practices breathing the opposite way until the currents are neutralized into puraka equilibrium
- The brahmanas said, "We are very proud because we have such exalted wives who have developed pure transcendental service of the Lord without being shackled by our rigid opposition"
- The celebrated demon Ravana wanted to deprive Ramacandra of Laksmi, Sita, and thus be victorious, but the result was just the opposite
- The elephants, chariots, horses and infantry belonging to the opposite party were scattered by the weapons of Krsna. Indeed, the whole battlefield became strewn with smashed chariots and the bodies of men and animals
- The Gautami-ganga is a branch of the river Godavari. Formerly a great sage named Gautama Rsi used to live on the bank of this river opposite the city of Rajahmundry, and consequently this branch was called the Gautami-ganga
- The Lord has got senses. He is also a living being like us. But less intelligent class, they cannot understand. They think that something must be opposite. No. The Vedic information is nityo nityanam: "The Absolute Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- The mode of ignorance is just the opposite of the mode of goodness. In the mode of goodness, by development of knowledge, one can understand what is what, but the mode of ignorance is just the opposite
- The neophyte's faith can be changed by someone else with strong arguments or by an opposite decision
- The pravrtti, propensity is eating, sleeping, mating, defending. And when you make it just the opposite - no more eating, no more sleeping, no more mating, no more defending - oh, that is perfection of life
- The Saranatha impersonalists do not even believe that the Absolute Truth, or Brahman, can be understood as the opposite of maya, or illusion. According to their vision, materialism is the only manifestation of the Absolute Truth
- The whole body is imperfect and full of ignorance. The spiritual body means full of knowledge, just opposite. So we can get that body next life, and we have to cultivate how to get that type of body
- The whole instruction to Arjuna is that Arjuna wanted to satisfy his senses, his senses. He wanted that, that by not fighting with the opposite party, who were composed of his relatives, brothers and brother-in-laws and father-in-laws
- There are many things to criticize in the matter of any faith, and if we divert our attention to such activities we shall simply create more opposite elements and waste our time
- There are two classes of men in the created world. One consists of the demoniac and the other of the godly. The devotees of Lord Visnu are the godly, whereas those who are just the opposite are called demons
- There are two kinds of men throughout the universe. Those who are devotees of Lord Visnu are called demigods, and those who are just the opposite are called demons
- These Vaisnava sampradaya, although they appear to be a separate party, but their aim is how to serve Krsna. So don't think the party means some opposite party
- This Valmiki Muni was also. So he was given this mantra, "Rama." He could not chant it. Then he was advised to just the opposite, mara. Mara means dead body. So mara mara mara. Three mara means one "Rama" is there
- Thus Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu criticized Sankaracarya's Sariraka-bhasya as imaginary, and He pointed out hundreds of faults in it. To defend Sankaracarya, however, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya presented unlimited opposition
- We are not callous; we are very much sympathetic to give them knowledge. How do you say? The devotees are not callous. Why they are touring all over the world, accepting so much trouble, opposition?
- We have no alternative than to teach our disciples to free themselves from materialistic life. We must instruct them in the opposite of material life to save them from the repetition of birth and death
- We should not disturb the newcomers immediately with opposite proposals, but tactfully we shall try to teach him in our ways, and gradually he will come to understand this policy is very nice, and approved by me
- When a person is in the dream of material consciousness, he suffers the effects of accepting a body and giving it up again in material existence. Opposite to this material consciousness is Krsna consciousness
- When I landed in Boston, I wrote one Bengali poetry to Krishna that I do not know why You have brought me to such a distant place where everything is opposite number, and how will I be able to convince them about this Krishna Consciousness Movement?
- When Lord Rsabhadeva saw that the general populace was very antagonistic to His execution of mystic yoga, He accepted the behavior of a python in order to counteract their opposition
- When we are frustrated by the relative personalism of this material world, we try to find out, in material way, the opposite number
- When you have come to fight, you must kill the opposite party. It doesn't matter whether he is my beloved son or grandson or great-grandson. This is duty
- Why you are coming? I never came to flatter you, neither I never came to say, "Yes, there is no God." I am speaking just opposite, everything opposite. "You are drunkard; no drink. You are illicit sex hunters; no illicit sex"