reversal | reversals | reverse | reversed | reversely | reverses | reversing | retrograde
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
- ► Reverses for a Devotee of God (3 C, 3 P)
Pages in category "Reverse"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A person who is not disturbed even in a situation of reverses is called steady. This steadiness was observed in Krsna in connection with His killing the demon known as Bana
- Although there may be sufficient cause for being unhappy, one should avoid counteracting such reversals, for the more we become implicated in rectifying such reversals, the more we enter into the darkest regions of material anxiety
- Darwin's theory of evolution from animal to man is incomplete because the theory does not present the reverse condition, namely evolution from man to animal
- Despite the power of pious acts, the power of personalities, the power of expert management & the power of weapons under the direct supervision of Krsna, the Pandavas suffered practical reverses, which can only be explained as due to the influence of kala
- Had Krsna been the plenary portion and Narayana the primeval Lord, the statement of Suta Gosvami would have been reversed
- He (Dhrtarastra) had lost all men and money, and now he was living at the mercy of his nephew, whom he had put into troubles of various types. And despite all these reverses, he thought that he would prolong his life more and more
- He (Maharaja Pariksit) became a victim of an offense, even though he was ever unwilling to commit such a mistake. He was cursed also, but because he was a great devotee of the Lord, even such reverses of life became favorable
- I shall request you not to circulate all my letters that I address to you. Letters are sometimes personal and confidential, and if all letters are circulated, it may react reversely
- If a surrendered soul tries to arrange for food and shelter but does not succeed, or if, once having these things, he loses them, then despite such reverses he remains unperturbed and simply remembers the Supreme Lord, Hari
- If something happens by providential arrangement, we should not be very sorry. The more we try to rectify such reversals, the more we enter into the darkest region of materialistic thought
- It is stated that when the male secretion enters the menstrual flux in the uterus in two successive drops, the mother develops two embryos in her womb, and she brings forth twins in a reverse order to that in which they were first conceived
- Maharaja Yudhisthira reversed the action and merged the five elements of the body in the three modes of material nature
- Modern administrators raise subscriptions for some political functions, but never give charity to the citizens in any state function. It is just the reverse in the injunctions of the sastras
- My (Manu) lord (Vasistha), all of you are expert in chanting the Vedic mantras. How then has the result been opposite to the one desired? This is a matter for lamentation. There should not have been such a reversal of the results of the Vedic mantras
- O how wonderful is the influence of inevitable time. It is irreversible - otherwise, how can there be reverses in the presence of King Yudhisthira, the son of the demigod controlling religion and Bhima, the great fighter with a club?
- O how wonderful is the influence of inevitable time. It is irreversible - otherwise, how can there be reverses in the presence of the great bowman Arjuna with his mighty weapon Gandiva; and above all, the Lord, the direct well-wisher of the Pandavas?
- Ominous planets such as Mars and Saturn shone brighter and surpassed the auspicious ones such as Mercury, Jupiter and Venus as well as a number of lunar mansions. Taking seemingly retrograde courses, the planets came in conflict with one another
- One should know the process of creation and should meditate upon the creative process inversely and thus become free from material contamination
- One's material life begun from this conception, that "I am purusa. I am enjoyer." And because he cannot give up this idea that "I am enjoyer," life after life he is viparyayah, reverse condition
- Opposing princes continued, "There is no question of distress or happiness for a person like you because neither of these conditions is everlasting. Take courage. Don't be disappointed by this temporary reversal. After all, we are not the final actors"
- Seeing the pitiable condition of his soldiers, Vrtrasura, the best of the asuras, was very much aggrieved. Unable to tolerate such reverses, he stopped and forcefully rebuked the demigods, speaking the following words in an angry mood
- Spiritually the King himself was the symbol of religion, and above all of them the Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, was personally concerned with their affairs as the well-wisher. And yet there were so many reverses on the side of the Pandavas
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "In His pastimes, Krsna displayed the two ornaments of hyperbole and reverse analogy. Tasting them brought gladness to My mind and fully satisfied My ears and eyes"
- The ornaments on the body of Krsna were not actually enhancing His beauty, but just the reverse - the ornaments were beautified by Krsna
- The spirit soul is connected with the material energy and must accordingly suffer material conditions and reversals, continually, life after life because of this covering (subtle body)
- Then one should chant the mantra in reverse, beginning from the last syllable (ya), while touching the parts of his body in the reverse order. These two processes are known as utpatti-nyasa and samhara-nyasa respectively
- Therefore, waiting until the situation of your enemies is reversed, you should all leave this heavenly planet and go elsewhere, where you will not be seen
- These recommended processes (inhaling the breath, sustaining it, and finally exhaling) can also be performed in the reverse order. After exhaling, one can keep the air outside for some time and then inhale
- This devotional attitude is explained in the Bhagavad-gita: a devotee is never distressed in reverse conditions of life, nor is he overjoyed in favorable conditions
- This is an instance of lamentation caused by reversed conditions
- We should always remember that if something happens by providential arrangement, we should not be very sorry. The more we try to rectify such reversals, the more we enter into the darkest region of materialistic thought
- Western country youngsters giving up illicit sex, intoxication, meat eating and gambling is certainly a great reverse in the activities of maya. Therefore she took advantage of my old age weakness and gave me a death dash
- When he suffers reverses in his occupation, he tries again and again to improve himself, but when he is baffled in all attempts and is ruined, he accepts money from others because of excessive greed
- When his followers also saw their identities transformed and their sex reversed, they were all very morose and just looked at one another
- When one finds himself in reversed conditions one is said to be in a state of lamentation, in this condition one becomes questioning, thoughtful, tearful, regretful and heavy-breathed. His bodily color changes, and his mouth becomes dry
- When one is unsuccessful in achieving his desired goal of life, when one finds no fulfillment in his present occupation, when one finds himself in reversed conditions and when one feels guilt - at such a time one is said to be in state of lamentation
- When the living entity is attracted by the material energy, which is separate from Krsna, he is overpowered by fear. Because he is separated from the Supreme Personality of Godhead by the material energy, his conception of life is reversed
- When there is very, very acute reverse condition of life, one is not disturbed. That is spiritual life. And samah sarvesu bhutesu, at that stage only there is possibility of so-called unity, fraternity, friendship