Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
opponent | opponents | opponent's
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Opponent"
The following 17 pages are in this category, out of 17 total.
- A devotee cannot be defeated by any opponents. A devotee, therefore, should not deviate knowingly from the path of devotion. The adherent devotee is assured all protection from the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- A serpent cannot tolerate being kicked by another animal or by a man, and it immediately bites its opponent
- All preachers will have to meet opponents, but they should not make them more inimical
- An intelligent opponent will present reasonable rebuttals, but an ignorant friend may bring about disaster with his floundering
- An opponent may say, "This is your interpretation, but actually the Supreme Lord is Narayana, who is in the transcendental realm"
- In the age of Kali, the executive heads of state will be indifferent to religious principles, and therefore under their patronage the opponents of religious principles, such as greed, falsehood, cheating and pilfery, will naturally follow
- It is better to have a learned enemy than a foolish friend, I feel encouraged in this matter. An intelligent opponent will present reasonable rebuttals, but an ignorant friend may bring about disaster with his floundering
- One should not concern oneself with the conclusions of various logicians or philosophers. Of course, those who preach sometimes need to argue with the contentions of opponents, but as much as possible one should avoid an argumentative attitude
- Our propagation of the sankirtana movement is continuing, despite many opponents, and people are taking up this chanting process even in remote parts of the world like Africa
- Vaisnavas must meet many opponents while preaching the glories of the Lord, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends that they not become angry while preaching
- Visa-kanya means a girl, from the childhood, is injected poison, little by little. When she is grown up, whole body is poisonous. So the politician used to engage such girl to kill his opponent politician
- When enemies come to their opponent's place, they should be received in such a way that they will forget that there is animosity between the two parties. Bali Maharaja was well conversant with the arts of peacemaking and fighting
- Whenever he was determined to fix his arrow upon his bowstring with his two powerful arms, all opponents of the regulative principles of religious life would flee from his presence in fear of the unparalleled prowess he displayed in ruling the universe