adverse | adversaries | adversary | adversely | adversities | adversity
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
- ► Adverse to Devotional Service to God (1 P)
- ► Opponent (8 C, 18 P)
Pages in category "Adverse"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A devotee in an adverse condition of life accepts such a condition to be the mercy of the Lord
- A devotee is sometimes greatly praised because of his transcendental activities, and sometimes he is criticized, even though there is no reason for adverse criticism
- A person who is spiritually advanced accepts any adverse condition of life as the mercy of the Lord, and thus he is completely eligible to enter into the spiritual kingdom
- Although Urvasi had adversely explained the nature of woman, Maharaja Pururava was very much attached to her, and therefore she wanted to give the King some concession by agreeing to be his wife for one night at the end of each year
- Bhakti means realization of God consciousness. And the symptom of God consciousness is that he is averse to all material activities. He has no interest
- Buddha preached nonviolence, taking pity on the poor animals. He preached that he did not believe in the tenets of the Vedas and stressed the adverse psychological effects incurred by animal-killing
- I have already been defeated, for my weapon and arm have been cut to pieces. You have already overwhelmed me, but nonetheless, with a desire to kill you, I am trying my best to fight. I am not at all morose, even under such adverse conditions
- If people would only approach the authority, then every adverse condition in this universe could be rectified
- In adversity, everyone laments and becomes aggrieved, but by the grace of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, a devotee, even in the worst condition, can understand that he is going through a severe examination by the Personality of Godhead
- It should be accepted that the acaryas are on the same platform as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and as such neither Krsna nor His representative acarya should be subjected to any adverse criticism by the neophyte devotees
- We cannot stop this movement. It is actually a fight against Maya. So Maya may also sometimes cause casualties in our camp. So, we must only thank Krsna and seriously dedicate everything for Him
- When a mature devotee is blessed with material opulence, he does not become affected adversely, for he knows how to employ material opulence in the service of the Lord. There are many such examples in the history of the world
- When demons are in adversity, they think that God is hiding Himself and is working by His mystic potency
- When the devotees, who are to some extent in knowledge of the Supreme Lord, admit that the glories of the Lord are inestimable or inconceivable, the froggish philosophers adversely criticize them
- When we get Bangladesh visas and actually begin our preaching work there, then we shall be able to advertise and collect