Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
unfavorable | unfavorably | "not favorable"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Unfavorable"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- A devotee takes even an unfavorable condition to be the special favor of the Personality of Godhead. Actually, there are no unfavorable conditions for a devotee
- A dog always keeps himself at his master's door and does not allow any person unfavorable to the master to enter. Similarly, one should engage in the service of a Vaisnava and try to please him in every respect
- Actually no one wants to pay income taxes - even government men themselves try to avoid these taxes - but at unfavorable times income taxes are exacted forcibly, and the taxpayers become very morose
- Actually there cannot be any unfavorable result, because we are serving Krishna
- Actually, KC can be based simply on hearing, chanting, remembering, etc. Described in the Srimad-Bhagavatam are nine different processes, besides which everything done is unfavorable to KC. Thus, one should always be guarding against falldowns
- Actually, nothing in Krishna consciousness is an accident, but sometimes Krishna will put us into a seemingly unfavorable situation just to help us realize that he is the Controller
- Actually, there are no unfavorable conditions for a devotee. Knowing that everything is coming by the will of the Lord, he sees every condition as favorable, and in any condition of life he is simply enthusiastic to discharge his devotional service
- Even in the topmost level, the President of United States, he was also caught dealing very unfavorably, and he was forced to resign. And what to speak of others? He is not a poor man, he is not uneducated, the topmost man
- Even one's own son, if unfavorable, must be rejected, although born of one's own body
- Extensively ignorant, they (lower animals) can know their desirables only by smell, and by such intelligence only can they understand what is favorable and unfavorable. Their knowledge is concerned only with eating and sleeping
- I (Arjuna) have just lost Him (Krsna) whose separation for a moment would render all the universes unfavorable and void, like bodies without life
- I am very sorry to inform you that the London management is not going on nicely. I have received so many unfavorable reports and the most astonishing report is that our small van which you had purchased in my presence has been taken away
- I have read that you are "screening very carefully'' the children who want to come there. That is not a very good proposal. All children of devotees should be welcome. Even they have developed some unfavorable qualities, they are only young children
- If a limb of one's body is poisoned by disease, it must be amputated so that the rest of the body may live happily. Similarly, even one's own son, if unfavorable, must be rejected, although born of one's own body
- If something is unfavorable, then we shall give it up immediately. That should be our motto of life
- In order to avoid contradiction, botheration and unfavorable situations created by materialistic persons, a great saintly person like Jada Bharata or Utkala remains silent. The less intelligent consider such saintly persons to be mad, deaf or dumb
- In order to concentrate the mind, one should always remain in seclusion and avoid disturbance by external objects. He should be very careful to accept favorable and reject unfavorable conditions that affect his realization
- In order to cultivate intelligence, one should be doubtful in the beginning. But doubting is not very favorable when information is received from the proper source
- In Sanskrit, these activities are called pravrtti and nivrtti-positive and negative action. There are many examples of negative action. For instance, a diseased person has to be cautious and take medicine in order to avoid some unfavorable illness
- In spite of all these possessions, the spirit soul has to give up his present situation and accept another. The next situation may be unfavorable, but even if it is favorable, one must give it up and again accept another body
- In such a transcendental angry mood sometimes sarcastic remarks, unfavorable glances and insulting words are exhibited
- In the condition of dreaming, when one's consciousness is almost covered, one may see many unfavorable things which cause disturbance or anxiety, but upon awakening, although he remembers what happened in the dream, he is not disturbed
- In the present age there are so many TB patients and TB hospitals, but formerly this was not so because the time was not so unfavorable
- In the surrendering process, one should (1) accept things favorable for discharging devotional service, (2) reject things unfavorable, (3) always believe firmly in the Lord's protection
- It (Mars) almost always creates unfavorable conditions in respect to rainfall and other influences
- It is understood that Laksmi is favorable because her husband Narayana is being served nicely. If Laksmi is unfavorable, then we must increase our preaching efforts, and strive for pleasing the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Krsna said, "One should therefore avoid bad company and associate only with devotees. With their realized instructions, such saints can cut the knot connecting one with activities unfavorable to devotional service"
- Krsna's inimical actions are not displays of enmity toward His so-called enemies, but in the material field one thinks that He is favorable to devotees and unfavorable to nondevotees
- Once while Lord Ramacandra was walking at night incognito, hiding Himself by a disguise to find out the people's opinion of Himself, He heard a man speaking unfavorably about His wife, Sitadevi
- One who is transcendentally realized, he does not care for the unfavorable or favorable. He knows that "When the time will come, either the favorable things or unfavorable things will come in the law of nature. Let me be engaged in my own business, KC"
- Since all living beings are sons of the Supreme Lord, everyone can enjoy the material facilities given by the Lord, but unfortunate living entities create unfavorable conditions of life by fighting among themselves
- Sometimes He (Lord Krsna) creates an awkward situation, and the devotee becomes obliged to renounce all worldly affairs. The devotee can understand by the signal of the Lord, but others take it to be unfavorable and frustrating
- Such a devotee can understand that all conditions of life, favorable and unfavorable, are created by the supreme will of the Lord
- Supposing if there is any harm, that is to be judged by the local president, and if he has good reason to think that another party will be unfavorable to his temple's operations, then he may order them to leave, that's all
- The activities are called pravrtti and nivrtti - positive and negative action. There are many examples of negative action. For instance, a diseased person has to be cautious and take medicine in order to avoid some unfavorable illness
- The asuric, demonic, civilization, they do not know in which way we have to guide ourself for attaining the perfection of life, pravrtti, and nivrtti, and which we shall not take - favorable and unfavorable
- The devotee is fully convinced that Krsna will protect him from all kinds of unfavorable conditions
- The madhyama-adhikari (preacher) is also well versed in the sastras and can convince others also, but he discriminates between the favorable and the unfavorable
- The mind’s activities are thinking, feeling and willing, by which the mind accepts materially favorable things and rejects the unfavorable
- The real religion of a living being is his natural inborn quality, whereas pretentious religion is a form of nescience that artificially covers a living entity's pure consciousness under certain unfavorable conditions
- The responsibility for this fighting (amongst each other) and creating favorable and unfavorable situations lies with the living entities, not with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- These are siddhantas, that one should be simply serving, engaged in the service of the Lord-favorably. Not unfavorably. What He wants
- These representatives of attachment and envy are very much unfavorable for advancement in spiritual life. One should not be attracted by the breasts of young women
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the favorable and unfavorable accents and meters, how to sing different kinds of rhythms and melodies, and how to follow them by beating different kinds of drums
- Those who are interested in the fruits of activities generally expect protection from the demigods, but a devotee of Krsna does not look to any demigod for protection. He is fully convinced that Krsna will protect him from all unfavorable circumstances
- To the pure devotee no one is enemy or friend; no one is educated or uneducated. No one is especially favorable, and no one is unfavorable
- When he has fully surrendered unto the lotus feet of the Supreme Lord, he does not care whether his condition of life is favorable or unfavorable
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead becomes angry or kills a demon, materially this may appear unfavorable, but spiritually it is a blissful blessing upon him
- Without activity, consciousness alone cannot help us. All activities may be divided into two classes: one class may be for achieving a certain goal, and the other may be for avoiding some unfavorable circumstance