Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
resist | resistance | resistant | resisted | resisting | resists
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Resist"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- Among the demons (who were resisting the armies of King Indra) were Namuci, Sambara, Anarva, Dvimurdha, Rsabha, Asura, Hayagriva, Sankusira, Vipracitti, Ayomukha, Puloma, Vrsaparva, Praheti, Heti and Utkala
- Amongst great bowmen, this child (Pariksit) will be as good as the Arjunas (Kartavirya Arjuna, the King of Haihaya, and the other is the grandfather of the child). He will be as irresistible as fire and as unsurpassable as the ocean
- Another perfection is called vasita, and by this perfection one can bring anyone under his control. This is a kind of hypnotism which is almost irresistible
- As your beloved spiritual master and father, it is my duty to give you all protection; but if you allow Maya to act upon you without any resistance, then it is your own choice
- One who can keep himself steady and resist the attraction of material nature is certainly a hero and deserves to be called a gosvami
- One who practices resisting these demands or urges is called tapasvi, or one who practices austerities. By such tapasya one can overcome victimization by the material energy, the external potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Taking Narada Muni to be an ordinary man, the daughter of Time confronted him with her lusty desire. It requires great strength to resist a woman's attraction. It is difficult for old men, and what to speak of young
- That was Krsna's plan. "Come here. Do this work." You see. My Guru Maharaja ordered. Krsna wanted. I was resisting Him. That's all
- The age of Kali aims at killing the higher principles of life, and although Maharaja Pariksit strongly resisted the domination of the personality of Kali within the world, the influence of the age of Kali came at an opportune moment
- The brahmanas said: This spotless son has been restored by the all-powerful and all-pervasive Lord Visnu, the Personality of Godhead, in order to oblige you. He was saved when he was doomed to be destroyed by an irresistible supernatural weapon