Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
refusal | refuse | refused | refuses | refusing
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Refuse"
The following 143 pages are in this category, out of 143 total.
- A devotee does not think like yogis & jnanis, who want to refuse a material body & become one with the impersonal Brahman effulgence. A devotee does not like this idea. On the contrary, he will accept any body, material or spiritual, for he wants to serve
- A person who wants to give everything in charity to Krsna but does not want anything in return is considered the real renouncer. Thus, a devotee will refuse to accept any kind of liberation, even if it is offered by the Lord
- A pure devotee of Krsna who loves Him exclusively will flatly refuse to accept any sort of liberation, beginning from merging with the body of the Lord and extending to the other varieties of liberation
- A responsible personality like Brahmaji refuses to be addressed as the Supreme Lord by his disciples or subordinates, but foolish persons praised by men of the nature of dogs, hogs, camels and asses feel flattered to be addressed as the Supreme Lord
- A woman approaching a man for contact should never be refused, but at the same time the discretion as above mentioned may also be considered
- According to Vedic civilization, ksatriyas are considered to be great personalities because if anyone goes to a king for charity, the king will never refuse. trees are compared to those ksatriyas because everyone derives all kinds of benefits from them
- Actually the mercy of the bona fide spiritual master is there equally for everyone. Just like the sun is shining equally everywhere, yet there are those who refuse to come out completely into the light
- After hearing their statements, the Supreme Personality of Godhead smiled. He told them that they should not be sorry for being refused by the brahmanas, because that is the way of begging
- After many days, when Brahma wanted to recall him to his heavenly kingdom, Indra, in the form of a hog, forgot everything of his royal position in the heavenly kingdom, and he refused to go back
- After she finished eating, she filled the banana leaves and bark with the seeds, picked up the refuse and then threw it into the ditch where all the refuse was thrown
- After the return of their wives from Krsna, the brahmanas engaged in the performance of sacrifices began to regret their sinful activities in refusing food to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- After their (Four Kumaras) birth, when they were ordered by their father to become householders and increase human society, they refused the order
- All the cows around the Lord were sniffing His transcendental body. When the devotees tried to check them, they refused to give up their association with the transcendental body of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although the King had been refused an interview, he was indirectly bestowed causeless mercy. Who can understand the internal potency of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Although the Kumaras were right in such acts of refusal (refusal to generate progeny, in order to aim at liberation), Brahma, being absorbed in the mode of passion, could not check his passionate anger
- Although they (the brahmanas) heard all the arguments on behalf of Krsna and Balarama, they did not care for them, and they refused to speak to the boys
- Among ksatriya kings, gambling on chess was not uncommon. If someone challenged a ksatriya to play on the chessboard, the ksatriya could not refuse the challenge
- Arjuna was refusing to fight but he was told that he should fight in accordance with the desire of the Supreme Lord
- Arjuna went to heavenly planet. And there the heavenly prostitute came to Arjuna. She's prostitute. So when Arjuna refused, that... His father is Indra... So Arjuna said that "You have connection with my father. Therefore you are my mother"
- As the son can refuse the order of the father for higher purposes, so the father can refuse to maintain his sons in increasing population because of higher purposes
- At last the Pandavas demanded only five villages, one for each of the five brothers, but that was also refused by the usurpers. This incident led to the War of Kuruksetra. The Battle of Kuruksetra, therefore, was induced by the Kurus, and not the Pandavas
- Because the four Kumaras wanted to engage themselves completely in the service of the Lord as brahmacaris, their refusal to obey their father's order was not irreligious
- Being the most perfect Vaisnava, Sri Narada Muni is always willing to do good to others, even to one who curses him. Although Kalakanya, the daughter of Time, was refused by Narada Muni, she was given a shelter
- Besides her (Devahuti's) personal beauty, she was the daughter of Emperor Svayambhuva and sister of King Uttanapada. Who could refuse the hand of such a girl?
- Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati explained that "I was little proud. So I was thrice refused by Guru Maharaja," although he was the only disciple. So the scholarship is not a qualification of becoming devotee
- Bhima was approached by Hidimbi from a community lower than the sudras, and Yayati refused to marry the daughter of Sukracarya because of Sukracarya's being a brahmana
- Both as friend and philosopher to Arjuna, Lord Krsna now gives His final judgment regarding Arjuna's refusal to fight
- Brahma is the director in charge of the mode of passion of material nature. Therefore it was natural for him to become angry on the refusal of his sons to obey his order
- By advancement of civilization they have learned this art, to refuse God. They want to make their economic problem solved by themselves
- Deluding books of knowledge, not having Narayana as their aim, are not at all knowledge, but are the playgrounds for crows who are interested in the rejected refuse of the world
- Dhruva Maharaja wanted to have the kingdom of his father, but his father refused even to allow him to get on his lap. In order to fulfill his desire, the Lord had already created a planet known as the polestar, Dhruvaloka
- Dhruva Maharaja worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead for a material benediction, but when he actually achieved the favor of the Supreme Lord and saw Him, he was so satisfied that he refused to accept any material benediction
- Draupadi at once refused vehemently the proposal of Jayadratha, but being so much attracted by the beauty of Draupadi, he tried again and again. Every time he was refused by Draupadi
- Due to a poor fund of knowledge, the mental speculators try to bring the Supreme within the purview of words and minds, but the Lord refuses to be so intelligible; the speculator has no adequate words or mind to gauge the infinity of the Lord
- Due to transcendental intelligence, I now refuse to obey the unwanted orders of these desires, and I now come to You to surrender myself at Your fearless lotus feet. Kindly engage me in Your personal service and save me
- During the forest life one demon girl, Hidimba, wanted Bhima as her husband. Bhima refused, but when the girl approached Kunti and Yudhisthira, they ordered Bhima to accept her proposal and give her a son
- Even in the matter of evacuating stool, the refuse is controlled, so how can the living entity claim to be independent?
- Even they are going to jail daily, but still they will not stop their chanting and distributing. When they go to jail, they refuse to eat the food, and in this way so much public sympathy is there
- He (Kasyapa Muni) could have refused her (Diti) with strong words expressing impossibility, but he was not as spiritually strong as Vidura
- He (Sanatana Gosvami) had a touchstone with him, and this stone was left in a pile of refuse. A needy man took it, but later on wondered why the valuable stone was kept in such a neglected place
- He (the Supreme Personality of Godhead) has frustrated Indra's attempt at vengeance by refusing him the sacrifice of Indra-yajna. He is the cause of all pleasure to all young girls. May He be ever compassionate upon you all
- I am asking people to become God conscious; but if you refuse to become God conscious how can I help you?
- I found you a good soul and therefore I did propose it to you but if you refuse co-operation then what I can do. Even Sri Krishna cannot compel one for co-operation because every living being is given full chance of utilizing independant views
- If a limb refuses to execute its usual duty, it becomes useless to the body. Similarly, if our activities are not focused on Lord Krsna, they are rendered impotent and valueless
- If one refuses to act under the direction of the Supreme Lord, then he is compelled to act by the modes in which he is situated. Everyone is under the spell of a particular combination of the modes of nature and is acting in that way
- If someone challenged a ksatriya to play on the chessboard, the ksatriya could not refuse the challenge
- If the Charity Commissioner refuses us the permission then there is no point continuing, and in that case we shall try to get the two lakhs we have paid back and go away
- If they are offered a post like Mine in My abode, or opulence like Mine, or even personal association with Me with similar bodily features, they refuse to accept because they are satisfied simply by being engaged in My devotional service
- If you put a question to a superior, to your master, so it is not that he is bound to answer it. Because sometimes a particular question is put forward, the answer is not understandable by the questioner, so the superior, the master, may refuse
- In case of a king's refusal (pay taxes) to act accordingly, there was certainly a fight
- In material life everyone is desirous of sense gratification; therefore, a person who gets an object of sense gratification without endeavor should not refuse to accept it
- In subduing others, in joking, in responding to danger, in acting for the welfare of others, and so on, one could refuse to fulfill one's promise, and there would be no fault. By this philosophy, Sukracarya tried to dissuade Bali Maharaja from giving land
- In the beginning Brahma begot so many sons, and each of them were asked to increase the population. Sanaka, Sananda, Sanatana, they were also requested by their father to increase population, but they refused
- In the mean time you work cooperatively with the others to make our New Vrindaban a very nice place. Then how I can refuse to visit there?
- In the state of endurance: "I shall prefer to remain naked, without proper dress of garments. I shall prefer to lie down on the ground without any matress. And despite all these disadvantages, I shall refuse to serve anyone, not even the government"
- In the Vedanta-sutra, devotional service is clearly indicated, but the Mayavadi philosophers refuse to accept the spiritual body of the Supreme Absolute Person and refuse to accept that the living entity has an individual existence
- In this world men are not meant for quarreling like cats and dogs. Men must be intelligent to realize the importance of human life and refuse to act like ordinary animals. A human being should realize the aim of his life
- Instead of being pleased, he (washman) was very angry and refused the Lord's request, saying, "How is it that You (Krsna) are asking for clothing which is meant for the King"
- Jarasandha never refused charity to any brahmana, and he performed many sacrifices also, yet he was not on a par with devotional service
- Jarasandha said, "As far as Arjuna is concerned, I know that he is younger than me and is not an equal fighter. I refuse to fight with him because he is not in any way an equal competitor"
- Jarasandha said, "Krsna, I know that You are a coward. I refuse to fight with You because You become very confused when You face me in fighting. Out of fear of me You left Mathura & now You have taken shelter within the sea"
- Kasyapa was engaged in his spiritual activities, but he did not have sufficient strength to refuse his wife, who was thus afflicted (by the lust of sex desire)
- Kirtanananda's refusal to accept the Parampara system and authority of the scriptures is the cause of his misfortune
- Krsna said to Uddhava, "Even if they are offered the four kinds of spiritual opulences, they will refuse to accept them. So what to speak of their desiring anything within the material world"
- Krsna said, "A person who does not become abominable in the eyes of great persons cannot be condemned enough, and his refusal to give charity is lamentable throughout his whole life"
- Lord Balarama observed that Romaharsana not only refused to come down from his exalted seat but did not even stand up and offer his respects when Balaramaji entered the assembly
- Lord Krsna could not refuse the request of His devotee, and thus He remained there for a few days with the sages to sanctify the city of Mithila and all its citizens
- Lord Visnu entered His feet with the faculty of locomotion, but the virat-purusa refused to stand up even then. The rivers entered His blood vessels with the blood and the power of circulation, but still the Cosmic Being could not be made to stir
- Maharaja Nimi refused to take birth again in a material body because he considered the material body obnoxious. The great sages then churned Nimi's body, and as a result of this churning, Janaka was born
- Marshal Arjuna pretended to display philosophical ignorance and weakness, like an ordinary man, when with his chariot between the two opposing armies on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, he refused to fight
- Mayavadis refuse to accept the form of the Lord, or they say that the form of the Lord is maya, or false, but one should note very carefully that this is not acceptable
- Mostly the market literatures which attract men of the crow's categories are literatures containing refused remnants of sensuous topics. They are generally known as mundane talks in relation with the gross body and subtle mind
- Never put me in hospital. You can refuse, that "This is our Guru Maharaja's order." Chant Hare Krsna. Bas. Let me die peacefully
- Nityananda Prabhu was requested not to come every year to Jagannatha Puri, although seeing Lord Jagannatha greatly benefits everyone. Does this mean that the Lord was refusing Nityananda Prabhu a fortunate opportunity? No
- Nrsimha-deva wanted to give him benediction, blessings, "Whatever you like." He refused, he said "I'm not a mercantile devotee that I'll get some benefit from You, but first benediction I want that let me engage in service of Your servant, Narada Muni"
- On the refusal of the sons to obey the order of their father, there was much anger generated in the mind of Brahma, which he tried to control and not express
- One has to follow these different regulative principles by the order of the spiritual master or on the strength of authoritative scriptures, and there can be no question of refusal. That is called vaidhi, or regulated
- One might argue that since you (Bali) have already promised, how can you refuse? O best of the demons, just take from me (Sukracarya) the evidence of the Bahvrca-sruti, which says that a promise is truthful preceded by the word om and untruthful if not
- People are accustomed to flattering or worshiping many demigods, human beings, or even cats and dogs, but when requested to worship the Supreme Lord, they refuse. This is called illusion
- People may ask how the Kumaras could refuse the orders of Brahma, who was their father and above all the creator of the universe
- Please first take prasadam Yourself, and I shall eat later. I shall not refuse Your request
- Prahlada Maharaja refused direct service but he wanted blessing that he may be engaged in the service of his spiritual master. This is Vasnava conclusion
- Sannyasi is not refused any gift he might demand from a householder
- Satyabhama, one of Krsna's queens, wanted that lotus flower, & Krsna promised to deliver it; but Indra refused to part with his parijata flower. Therefore there was a great fight, with Krsna & the Pandavas on one side and all of the demigods on the other
- Since Kalakanya, the daughter of Time, was deputed by Narada Muni to offer herself to Yavana-raja, the King of the Yavanas could not refuse her. All transactions must be performed in light of the sastric injunctions
- Somebody offers you one million dollars, "Take it." You do not know what is the value of million dollars; you will refuse it. Little intelligence. So the choice is yours. In all the case, the choice is yours. If you know the value, instantly you accept
- Srila Sanatana Gosvami refused to let himself be called a great leader or erudite scholar, since he had no transcendental knowledge
- Stay where you are and continue to send him rent money. If he refuses to accept it, then lodge the money with the rent court. Even if he tries to take us to court it will take years, so there is no immediate danger
- Svayambhuva Manu requested Priyavrata to rule over the universe. When he refused, Lord Brahma descended from the supreme planetary system, known as Satyaloka, to request Priyavrata to accept the order
- That incident was not forgotten by Brahma (that Brahma's previous sons the four kumaras, refused to obey their father), and therefore the obedience of Manu Svayambhuva was very encouraging
- That is service. Before wanting, that is... That is all right. "Now let the master refuse it." But service is: before he asks, the thing should be offered. That is service. After asking, offering something, that is second-class service
- That the devotees refuse to follow those who do not keep strictly to the regulative principles is very nice. These practices are our spiritual strength
- The American boys, who have simply been trained as sudras, are not at all fit to fight in battle. Therefore, when they are called to join the military, they refuse because they do not have ksatriya spirit
- The celebrated English king wanted to order time and tide, but the time and tide refused to obey his order. Therefore one is a false king in the material world, and Dhrtarastra was particularly reminded of this false position
- The following offenses are listed: (q) to refuse flowers offered to the Deity, (r) to take a vow or oath in the holy name of the Lord
- The great authorities in the disciplic succession had not offered to explain why Lord Caitanya refused to take the name Bharati after He took sannyasa from a Bharati, until Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Gosvami Maharaja volunteered the explanation
- The hunter eagle (Indra) wanted the pigeon (Agni) back from the King (Sibi). The King wanted to give it some other meat to eat and requested the bird not to kill the pigeon. The hunter bird refused to accept the King's offer
- The Lord refuses to be so intelligible
- The lowest amongst human beings can be delivered by this submissive hearing process only, but unfortunately they even refuse to give an aural reception to these messages
- The members of this Krsna consciousness society are sometimes refused entrance into some of the temples in India. We should not feel sorry about this as long as we engage in chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- The milk is produced by the cow, but it is not meant for the cow. It is meant for the human being. If you offer the milk, 30 pounds of milk, after milking the cow, and if you offer to the cow, it will refuse. It will refuse, "I don't want it."
- The people of this age are inclined toward industrial enterprises for comfortable living, but they refuse to endeavor to execute devotional service, by which they can achieve the ultimate goal of life by returning home, back to Godhead
- The second-class devotee makes friendships with devotees of the Lord, acts compassionately toward the general public in teaching them devotional service, and refuses to cooperate or associate with nondevotees
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead replied, "My dear wives of the brahmanas, rest assured that your husbands will not neglect you on your return, nor will your brothers, sons or fathers refuse to accept you"
- There are many pretenders who refuse to work in Krsna consciousness but make a show of meditation, while actually dwelling within the mind upon sense enjoyment
- There was nothing wrong in the acts of the Kumaras when they refused their great father's request that they become family men
- This modern civilization is most dangerous civilization, soul-killing civilization. The human being got the chance of understanding God, but they are being refused by the authorities to understand God
- This verse definitely proves that Srila Sukadeva Gosvami did not refuse to teach Suta Gosvami about the transcendental science nor did the sages of Naimisaranya refuse to hear lessons from him because of his inferior birth
- Those who are the lowest of men refuse to take to Krsna consciousness because they think that they will be able to protect themselves without Krsna's care. This is their mistake
- Throughout the world, ninety-nine percent of the philosophers following in the footsteps of Sankaracarya refuse to accept the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Instead they try to establish their own opinions. It is typical of mundane philosophers
- To read nonsense ordinary literature and books or newspaper is compared just like the pleasure place of the crows. The crows, they are very much attached to the rejected refuse, garbage
- Uddhava said, "We know that King Jarasandha is very much devoted to the brahmanas and very charitably disposed toward them; he never refuses any request from a brahmana"
- Unfortunately, even some so-called Vaisnavas enviously refuse to cooperate with this movement but instead condemn it in so many ways
- Vaisnava never refuses to act for everyone's welfare
- Vallabha Bhatta wanted to be initiated by Gadadhara Pandita, but Gadadhara Pandita refused, saying, "The work of acting as a spiritual master is not possible for me"
- Visvamitra wanted from Vasistha a cow named Nandini, and the Muni refused to deliver it. Visvamitra stole the cow, and thus there was a quarrel between the sage and the King
- We cannot talk with any one who is not within the purview of human understanding. You are completely right when you refuse to debate and accept invitation for chanting Hare Krishna Mahamantra
- When Akrura also refused to give him shelter, Satadhanva decided to deliver the Syamantaka jewel into the hands of Akrura. Then, riding on a horse which could run at great speed and up to four hundred miles at a stretch, he fled the city
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When his (Arjuna's) inimical cousin Duryodhana was under the clutches of the Gandharvas, he wanted to save him and requested the Gandharvas to release Duryodhana, but the Gandharvas refused, and thus he fought with them and got Duryodhana released
- When I (Narada Muni) refused to accept her (Kalakanya, the daughter of Time) request, she became very angry at me and cursed me severely. Because I refused her request, she said that I would not be able to stay in one place for a long time
- When Krsna tried to stop the war and mitigate the misunderstanding between the cousin-brothers, they refused to accept His counsel; therefore Ksatta, or Vidura, was unsatisfied with them, and he left the palace
- When Lord Siva approached, Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace him. "My dear brother," he said, "you are always very impure. Because you smear your body with ashes, you are not very clean. Please do not touch me"
- When Prahlada Maharaja was offered benediction by Nrsimha-deva, due to his great devotion and tolerance he refused to accept any benediction from the Lord, thinking that such acceptance was not befitting a sincere devotee
- When Sakuntala approached him (Maharaja Dusmanta) with her newly born child, Maharaja Dusmanta refused to accept them as his wife and son
- When Satadhanva was refused help by Krtavarma, he went to Akrura and implored him to help. But Akrura also replied, "Balarama and Krsna are Themselves the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- When Sudama went there, the brahmanas refused to offer anything, but the wives of the brahmanas, upon hearing that Sri Krsna wanted some foodstuff, immediately took many palatable dishes and went to offer them to Sri Krsna
- When the four previous sons of Brahma, the sages Sanaka, Sanatana, Sanandana and Sanat-kumara, refused to obey their father, Brahma was mortified, and his anger was manifested in the shape of Rudra
- When the living entity is in the body of a crow, he eats all kinds of refuse, even pus and mucus, and enjoys it
- When this (yawning) weapon is released, the opposing party becomes tired, stops fighting and begins to yawn. Consequently, Lord Siva became so fatigued that he refused to fight anymore and began yawning
- Why a woman should be refused? This is not authentic
- Yavana-raja, the King of the Yavanas, could also refuse to accept Kalakanya, daughter of Time, but he considered the request due to the order of Narada Muni. Thus he accepted Kalakanya in a different way
- Yayati fell in love with Devayani, the most beloved daughter of Sukracarya. Devayani wished to marry him, but at first he refused to accept her because of her being a daughter of a brahmana
- You see the Americans and European boys. They are no more interested with material activities. You bribe them that "Again come to material activities." They will refuse, because param drstva nivartate. They are actually liberated