Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
obeisance | obeisances
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Obeisances"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- A disciple should offer dandabats, not namaskara. The more one becomes fixed up in guru obeisances, the more he advances in spiritual progress
- After his appearance, Svayambhuva Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife (Satarupa), thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- After repeating obeisances for a long time, Brahma stood up and smeared his hands over his eyes. Seeing the Lord before him, he, trembling, began to offer prayers with great respect, humility and attention
- After the last offering of tambula and pan, bhoga-aratrika was performed. Finally everyone offered various prayers and then obeisances, falling flat before the Deity (Madhavendra Puri's Gopala deity) in full surrender
- I offer my obeisances to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the invincible Lord Sri Krsna
- If you think of Krsna... Just like here is temple. If you come and, as other devotees are doing, if you do, if you attend mangala-arati, if you attend bhoga-arati, always see, then offer obeisances, then naturally you will think of Krsna always
- In the course of our preaching work, we sometimes see that materialistic persons come to us and offer their obeisances to take blessings, which means they want more and more material opulences
- It is stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam that Lord Krsna offered respect to Maha-Visnu; this means that Krsna offered obeisances unto none other than Himself, because Lord Maha-Visnu is nondifferent from Krsna Himself
- It is stated that as the personal attendants and maidservants of a queen follow the queen with all respect & obeisances, similarly the joys of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification, liberation follow the devotional service of the Lord
- So far we are concerned, we have all our obeisances for Lord Jesus Christ because His whole life was devoted to the service of the Lord
- Some offered Him (Balarama) respects by standing up and then paying obeisances, and those who were elderly great sages and brahmanas offered Him blessings after standing up
- The Earth personified continued, "The manifested appearance of this world is caused by You (Krsna), and You are both the cause and effect of this cosmic manifestation. Please therefore accept my respectful obeisances"
- The Earth personified said, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Lord, who is always present with four symbols, namely His conchshell, disc, lotus and club, and who is the Lord of all demigods. Please accept my respectful obeisances unto You"
- The gopis said, "While passing through here, with one hand resting on the shoulder of the goddess of fortune and the other hand twirling a lotus flower, He (Krsna) must have been very much pleased to accept your obeisances"
- The sage Maitreya said to Vidura: After his appearance, Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife, thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- This offering of obeisances by Krsna to Maha-Visnu is not, however, the form of worship known as ahangrahopasana
- Vaisnava philosophy first of all pays obeisances to and worships the internal pleasure potency of the Supreme Lord. Thus the Lord and His potency are always referred to as Radha-Krsna
- Vidura was well received by all the family members by exchange of embraces and obeisances. After that, bathing and arrangements for a sumptuous dinner were made, and then he was given sufficient rest
- Visvarupa was junior in relationship to the demigods because he was their nephew, but the demigods wanted to accept him as their priest, and therefore he would have to accept obeisances from them