Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
obeisance | obeisances
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Obeisances"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A disciple should offer dandabats, not namaskara. The more one becomes fixed up in guru obeisances, the more he advances in spiritual progress
- After his appearance, Svayambhuva Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife (Satarupa), thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- After receiving obeisances from his daughter, the King, instead of offering blessings to her, appeared very displeased and spoke as follows
- After the last offering of tambula and pan, bhoga-aratrika was performed. Finally everyone offered various prayers and then obeisances, falling flat before the Deity (Madhavendra Puri's Gopala deity) in full surrender
- I am quitting this body offering obeisances unto Him and hoping that I may perpetually engage in His transcendental loving service." Uttering this, Maharaja Bharata left his body
- If you think of Krsna... Just like here is temple. If you come and, as other devotees are doing, if you do, if you attend mangala-arati, if you attend bhoga-arati, always see, then offer obeisances, then naturally you will think of Krsna always
- In the course of our preaching work, we sometimes see that materialistic persons come to us and offer their obeisances to take blessings, which means they want more and more material opulences
- It is stated that as the personal attendants and maidservants of a queen follow the queen with all respect & obeisances, similarly the joys of religiousness, economic development, sense gratification, liberation follow the devotional service of the Lord
- O original source of strength and scientific knowledge, all obeisances unto you! You have accepted the differentiated mode of passion from the Supreme Personality of Godhead. With the help of external energy you are born of the unmanifested source
- Obeisances by falling down
- One surrenders to a person, not to impersonal nonduality. Whenever there is a question of surrendering or offering obeisances, there must be an object of surrender or obeisances
- So far we are concerned, we have all our obeisances for Lord Jesus Christ because His whole life was devoted to the service of the Lord
- Some offered Him (Balarama) respects by standing up and then paying obeisances, and those who were elderly great sages and brahmanas offered Him blessings after standing up
- The gopis said, "While passing through here, with one hand resting on the shoulder of the goddess of fortune and the other hand twirling a lotus flower, He (Krsna) must have been very much pleased to accept your obeisances"
- The sage Maitreya said to Vidura: After his appearance, Manu, the father of mankind, along with his wife, thus addressed the reservoir of Vedic wisdom, Brahma, with obeisances and folded hands
- This offering of obeisances by Krsna to Maha-Visnu is not, however, the form of worship known as ahangrahopasana
- Thus Svayambhuva Manu, after giving instruction to Dhruva Maharaja, his grandson, received respectful obeisances from him. Then Lord Manu and the great sages went back to their respective homes
- Thus the demons, being fond of disastrous activities, took Hiranyakasipu's instructions on their heads with great respect and offered him obeisances. According to his directions, they engaged in envious activities directed against all living beings
- Vidura was well received by all the family members by exchange of embraces and obeisances. After that, bathing and arrangements for a sumptuous dinner were made, and then he was given sufficient rest
- Visvarupa was junior in relationship to the demigods because he was their nephew, but the demigods wanted to accept him as their priest, and therefore he would have to accept obeisances from them