Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
obey | obeyance | obeying | obeyed | obeys
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Obey"
The following 59 pages are in this category, out of 59 total.
- Balarama said, "Your (Kurus) conclusion is wonderful! You do not care for King Ugrasena, whose order is obeyed even by King Indra"
- Because the four Kumaras wanted to engage themselves completely in the service of the Lord as brahmacaris, their refusal to obey their father's order was not irreligious
- Brahma is the director in charge of the mode of passion of material nature. Therefore it was natural for him to become angry on the refusal of his sons to obey his order
- Dharma is such a thing that you cannot disobey. You must obey because it is the codes given by God. If you are so much respectful to the laws of the state, how much respectful you should be to obey the laws given by God
- Due to transcendental intelligence, I now refuse to obey the unwanted orders of these desires, and I now come to You to surrender myself at Your fearless lotus feet. Kindly engage me in Your personal service and save me
- I say, "Please obey God. Please try to love God." That is my mission. And I give the way how to love God very easily. How to love, provided you agree
- If the children obey the father's will, family affairs will run smoothly, with one interest and a pleasing atmosphere. The same situation is transcendentally arranged in the absolute family of the Para-brahman, the Supreme Spirit
- If the living entity obeys the Supreme Lord's orders, he becomes happy. If he does not, he becomes unhappy. Therefore the living entity creates his own happiness or unhappiness. The Supreme Lord does not enforce these on anyone
- In the mundane consideration there are so many things right and wrong. So long you are on the mundane platform, you have to obey all these right and wrong
- In this way they (Kaliya and his wives) pleased the master of Garuda, of whom they were very much afraid. Then, obeying the orders of Lord Krsna, all of them left the lake within the Yamuna
- Kardama Muni's example is very instructive, for in spite of having the Supreme Personality of Godhead as his son, he left home just to obey the authority of the Vedic injunction
- Krsna has become fearful to Yasoda: "My dear mother, kindly do not bind Me. I shall obey your orders." So Yasoda has become more than God, more than Krsna
- Ksatriya kings used to obey very faithfully the orders of learned brahmanas and saintly persons, and in this way they would rule their country. Similarly, vaisyas used to follow the king's orders, and sudras used to serve the three higher castes
- Obedience should be without any motive. Just like see here the Europeans & American boys, they are obeying Krsna or Krsna's representative without any condition. They have not come here to obey my order for earning livelihood or for some material purpose
- Obey the representative
- On the refusal of the sons to obey the order of their father, there was much anger generated in the mind of Brahma, which he tried to control and not express
- One should obey the command of his father or spiritual master with due deference, saying, "Yes, sir"
- One who actually follows the principles of scripture must be a devotee of God because all the sastras instruct us to obey the orders of the Personality of Godhead
- Persons of normal mental condition must obey the scriptural injunctions. Those who are not in such a position neglect and disobey the scriptures and manufacture their own way of austerities and penances
- Pious men obey God's laws and are gradually elevated to perfection. The impious, on the other hand, capriciously flaunt God's laws and try to be independent
- Rules and regulations are required so long we do not develop that love of God. When actually one develops love of God, there is no question of rules and regulations. Automatically he obeys all the rules and regulations
- Rupa mentions, Obeying the orders of the spiritual master with faith and devotion, 4) following in the footsteps of great acaryas (teachers) under the direction of the spiritual master, 5) inquiring from the spiritual master how to advance in KC
- Service means that you obey the order of the master. It doesn't matter what it is
- Small children are just like animals and they have to be trained how to obey, otherwise they will be simply spoiled
- So far your question, how far should the orders of my duly appointed officers like GBC, etc., be obeyed and followed, the answer is that they must always be followed exactly as he says
- So if in our practical experience we see to obey the order of the Supreme is morality, standard of morality, don't you think to obey the supermost supreme, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, to obey Him, that is morality. That is morality
- That incident was not forgotten by Brahma (that Brahma's previous sons the four kumaras, refused to obey their father), and therefore the obedience of Manu Svayambhuva was very encouraging
- That Lord (Krsna) instructed Brahma in Vedic knowledge. That Lord has to be obeyed in all respects. Anyone who wants to get rid of the material entanglement must surrender unto Him. This is also confirmed in Bhagavad-gita
- That Personality of Godhead has to be obeyed in all respects. Anyone who wants to become freed from material entanglement must surrender unto Him, and this is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- That voluntary attitude, Yes, Krishna, I shall gladly co-operate whatever you say, that ready willingness to obey is only possible if there is love
- The boys you have recommended may be initiated. Hold a fire sacrifice and they may vow before the deity, the spiritual master and the fire that they will chant 16 rounds minimum and obey the four regulative principles
- The celebrated English king wanted to order time and tide, but the time and tide refused to obey his order. Therefore one is a false king in the material world, and Dhrtarastra was particularly reminded of this false position
- The real master commands, "You must do this," and the real servant immediately obeys the order. Unless this relationship between the Supreme Lord and the subordinate living entity is established, there can be no real happiness
- The right situation for the living entities is to obey the laws of the Lord and thus be in perfect peace of mind under the protection of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The superior, he will dictate. And yei, equal, they will live like friends. And those who are junior, they should follow and obey
- There are two kinds of ruler or controller. One is the government, and the other is the teacher. Or guru means spiritual master. Spiritual master can control. The disciples obey the order of the spiritual master out of love
- There must be ideal, first-class men to act as advisors, second-class men to act as administrators, third-class men to produce food and protect cows, and fourth-class men who obey the three higher classes of society
- Thinking "He (Sri Advaita Acarya) is a disciple of Sri Madhavendra Puri," Lord Caitanya obeys Him, respecting Him as His spiritual master
- This first-class devotee is one who has strictly followed the rules and regulations under the training of a bona fide spiritual master and has sincerely obeyed him in accord with revealed scriptures
- This movement means I am serving God. What do you mean by serving? If Krsna says that "You obey Me," and if I say that "You obey Krsna," is it not service?
- To be well versed in Krsna consciousness one has to act firmly and obey the representative of Krsna, and one should accept the instruction of the bona fide spiritual master as one's mission in life
- When Laksmana, the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra, heard of this, He immediately engaged Himself in the service of His elder brother and accepted His orders. The order of the spiritual master must be obeyed without consideration
- When the four previous sons of Brahma, the sages Sanaka, Sanatana, Sanandana and Sanat-kumara, refused to obey their father, Brahma was mortified, and his anger was manifested in the shape of Rudra
- When the Lord is obeyed by the king and the people under the king's administration, there are regulated rains from the horizon, and these rains are the causes of all varieties of production on the land
- Without such voluntary understanding of the principles and agreement to obey them, no one is qualified to live in our temples
- You can not correct him. Otherwise obedience is the first discipline. If you do not obey the representative, authority, then there cannot be any discipline. Then everything will be topsy-turvy
- You cannot go even a step without authority. You are governed by authority. You are running your car by authority - "Keep to the right." Why? Why don't you defy it? So authority we have to obey
- You may be very rich man, millionaire, but you have to obey the orders of the police, otherwise you will be prosecuted
- You may show the stick, threaten, but better art is to somehow or other, even by tricking them, avoid this matter of force and induce them to obey out of loving spirit. That is success of disciplinary method