Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
obedience | obediences | obedient | obediently
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
- ► Disobedience (3 C, 48 P)
- ► Obey (6 C, 59 P)
Pages in category "Obedience"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- No obedience
- Obedience is the first law of discipline
- There is no "all religion." There is only one religion. One who deviates, he creates another religion. Religion means there is God and we should be obedient to God. This is religion
- You cannot imitate Jesus Christ. You shall have to abide by his order. That is your position. Then you are guided by Jesus Christ. That is actually obedience
- According to Canakya Pandita one who has no mother and the wife is not obedient, such a home is as good as living in the desert
- Akrura thought, "Krsna has advented Himself to give protection to the demigods, who are very obedient to the laws of the Supreme Lord"
- Although King Indra and the other demigods are exalted personalities, they were so obedient to Narada Muni that King Indra immediately accepted Narada Muni's words concerning Prahlada Maharaja. This is called understanding by the parampara system
- Apatya means sons. "Oh, I have got so many nice sons, very earning, very obedient; therefore Yamaraja will not touch me." No, no. That is not possible
- Before engaging in sexual intercourse, both the husband and the wife must consider their mental condition, the particular time, the husband's direction, and obedience to the demigods
- By accepting the six Gosvamis as his instructing spiritual masters, the author specifically makes it clear that one should not be recognized as a Gaudiya Vaisnava if he is not obedient to them
- By being a very obedient servant of the Supreme Lord, one becomes extremely powerful in bodily strength, influence and effulgence
- By the grace of Lord Siva, Banasura had one thousand arms, and he became so powerful that even demigods like King Indra were serving him most obediently
- Canura continued, "Acting in that way, the citizen attains all kinds of good fortune. One who does not care to act obediently is made unhappy because of the king's anger"
- Canura continued, "We have heard that Your arms are very strong. The King and all the people present here desire to see a display of Your wrestling abilities. A citizen should be obedient and please the mind of the ruling king"
- Even a criminal in the prison house, if he becomes submissive that "Henceforward I shall be law-abiding. I then shall obey the government laws very obediently," then sometimes he is released prematurely on account of giving a declaration
- Every one of them (Krsna's wives) thought that Krsna was her very obedient husband, but actually Krsna had no attraction for any of them
- If a son is an obedient devotee of the Lord he is called putra, or a real son; otherwise, if he is not learned and is not a devotee, a son is nothing better than urine
- If one man is appointed as leader, all must follow him and be obedient. "Obedience is the first law of discipline.'' They are pointing out irregularities, but they themselves are not doing their duty
- If you have no intelligence, if you cannot do anything independently, just be obedient to the other, higher three classes. That is sudra. He must agree to abide by the orders of brahmana, ksatriyas, vaisya. That's all
- In Bengal it is said that if one becomes an obedient servant of his wife, he loses all reputation. However, the difficulty is that unless one becomes a most obedient servant of his wife, family life becomes disturbed
- In every millennium, whenever there is any trouble for the obedient rulers, the Lord appears. He also appears for the sake of His pure unalloyed devotees
- In the capacity of a false enjoyer, without any obedience to the supremely powerful Lord, the living soul searches for permanent happiness life after life, but he does not know where the real happiness is
- It is a natural thing for the brothers to fight, as long as they all stay obedient to the father
- It is possible if we become obedient student of guru, then even though we may be dumb, deaf and dumb, still, we can become good lecturer
- Kindly, therefore, abide by the direction of the man in charge of the center. If there is lack of obedience then there cannot be discipline, and without discipline we cannot manage a huge world organization
- Krishna has given me many obedient and loving children, even though I am in a foreign country. That is my happiness
- Krishna is so kind that although I left my few children born out of this physical body, Krishna has sent many nice beautiful obedient children for propagating my mission
- Krsna is so kind, He is so affectionate, that we have come to enjoy this material world, He is giving us the facilities. Just like the master is giving the facility to the dog. But He wants, Krsna wants that every living entity should be obedient to Him
- Long life, obedience, good reputation, righteousness, prospects of being promoted to higher planets, and blessings of great personalities are all vanquished simply by disobedience to a great soul
- Lord Caitanya replied, "You are very merciful to Me, and therefore I think it is My duty to obey your order"
- Manu's obedience to his father (Brahma) on material grounds was certainly free from envy, and in the material world it is imperative for ordinary men to follow the example of Manu
- Maya has no powers. Krsna has given her power to chastise these individual souls who are defying the authority of Krsna. They should be punished. It is Maya's thankless task, but Maya is obedient servant of Krsna
- Narada is not only well behaved, meek and obedient, but also self-controlled. One who is not self-controlled, specifically in sex life, can become neither a disciple nor a spiritual master
- Not only should a woman be faithful and chaste to her husband, but she should also be affectionate to the friends of her husband, obedient to the father and mother of her husband, and affectionate to the younger brothers of her husband
- "Obedience is first discipline." So if Krsna's representative is disobeyed - "Get out immediately." Krsna is very strict
- Obedience is the first law of discipline. The people have become disobedient to the laws of God, and therefore neither rain nor wealth is equally distributed. A man who is ultimately disobedient cannot have any good qualifications
- Obedience is the first law of discipline. We are thinking of a great world wide organization which is not possible to be executed if there is disobedience
- Obedience should be without any motive. Just like see here the Europeans & American boys, they are obeying Krsna or Krsna's representative without any condition. They have not come here to obey my order for earning livelihood or for some material purpose
- Obedient devotees
- One who is now the disciple is the next spiritual master. And one cannot be a bona fide and authorized spiritual master unless one has been strictly obedient to his spiritual master
- Our only responsibility is how to become obedient servant of Krsna
- Our real business is how we shall be successful to become an obedient servant of Krsna. That's all. That is real success
- Sacrifice is the means for counteracting such accumulated sins (committed by fruitive workers). The demigods are pleased when such sacrifices are performed, just as prison officers are satisfied when the prisoners are turned into obedient subjects
- Simply enforcing laws and ordinances cannot make the citizens obedient and lawful. That is impossible
- Simply enforcing laws and ordinances cannot make the citizens obedient and lawful. That is impossible. Throughout the entire world there are so many states, legislative assemblies and parliaments, but still the citizens are rogues and thieves
- Since you (Svayambhuva Manu) are my (Brahma's) very obedient son, I ask you to beget children qualified like yourself in the womb of your wife
- That incident was not forgotten by Brahma (that Brahma's previous sons the four kumaras, refused to obey their father), and therefore the obedience of Manu Svayambhuva was very encouraging
- That is also sudra training, to become obedient. Because people are not obedient. What are these hippies? They are not obedient. So obedience also require training
- The conclusion is that we should always keep company with devotees, observe the regulative devotional principles, follow in the footsteps of the acaryas and in full obedience carry out the orders of the spiritual master
- The criminal department is troublesome for the criminal but not for the obedient citizen. Similarly, this material energy is troublesome for the conditioned soul, but it has nothing to do with the liberated souls who are engaged in the service of the Lord
- The demigods are more luxurious than human beings, but all of them are obedient to the orders of the Supreme Lord. There is no one in the heavenly planets who is an atheist or nonbeliever
- The demigods must offer worship in obedience to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but one might argue that since the Supreme Godhead was within the womb of Devaki, He was also coming in a material body. Why then should He be worshiped
- The gopis said, "Now Radharani must be lamenting for Him, 'My dear lover, My dearest, You (Krsna) are so fine & so powerful. Where have You gone? I am nothing but Your most obedient maidservant. I am very much aggrieved. Please come & be with Me again'
- The gopis said, "Your instructions to women to be faithful to their husbands and merciful to their children, to take care of household affairs and to be obedient to the elder members of the family, are surely just according to the tenets of the sastras"
- The King replied, "My Lord, I am the most obedient servant of Your servants. It is my ambition that You will accept me as the servant of Your servants"
- The living beings who are obedient to the supreme father are called devatas, or demigods, because they are not contaminated by the material conception of life
- The Lord is the Supreme Father of all living beings, and therefore those who are conscious of this vital relation with God can make filial demands from the Father, and the Father is pleased to supply the demands of such obedient sons without bargaining
- The more you become servant of the servant, you are perfect. And as soon as you declare independence, you are rascal. This is the process. We should always remain most obedient servant of my master
- The mother nature, therefore chastises her disobedient sons in order to bring them to the right path of fulfilling the plan of Godhead. This process of chastisement is necessary for the benefit of both the asuras and the gods alike
- The representative must be very obedient. Then his position will go on
- The Supreme Lord is so kind that He comes Himself to instruct the bewildered living entity how to act obediently and then gradually return home, back to Godhead, where he can attain an eternal, peaceful life of bliss and knowledge
- The thing is discipline can not be observed unless there is obedience. As you are obedient to me, you should be similarly obedient to my representative
- The thing is discipline can not be observed unless there is obedience. As you are obedient to me, you should be similarly obedient to my representative. Your statement about Brahmananda that he is a wonderful devotee is 100% agreed by me
- There are many false incarnations after the departure of Lord Krsna from the face of the globe, and they are misleading the innocent public by accepting the spiritual obedience of the general mass of people to maintain false prestige
- There is oneness. God is one, and the living entities there, they are all followers, obedient of God. There is no influence of time, no influence of ignorance, no influence of passion. That is spiritual kingdom, the description of spiritual world
- These are four divisions: brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya, sudra. Sudra means laborer class, but they are also obedient to the other three classes. And less than that, they have been described as candalas, pancamas, or untouchable as you say
- They (the gopis) became the greatest lovers of Krsna, and His most obedient servitors. Nothing can compare with the Krsna consciousness of the gopis
- This period is very convenient for the execution of spiritual activities. When that auspicious moment arrived, Krsna asked the gopis to leave. Although His beloveds were not willing to quit His company, they were very obedient to Him
- This time He (Balarama) wanted to bring the Yamuna by force, and He took the help of His plow. He wanted to punish the Yamuna because she did not come in obedience to His order
- To be obedient to the wishes of the Supreme Lord is the natural position of every living entity. But due only to past misdeeds, a living being becomes averse to the sense of subordination to the Lord and suffers all the miseries of material existence
- Uddhava's separation from the Lord was unbearable, and therefore he started to Badarikasrama in obedience to the Lord's order because the order of the Lord and the Lord Himself are identical
- Unless there is rigid and systematic training of the brahmacari by the expert spiritual master, and unless the student is obedient, it is sure that the so-called brahmacari will fall prey to the attack of sex
- We don't want to become Krsna, but we want to become the most obedient servant of Krsna. That is our proposition
- When Krsna was present in Dvaraka, His family, which is known as the Yadu dynasty, consisted of 560 million members. And all of these family members were very obedient and faithful to Krsna
- When there is no attachment or no spontaneous loving service to the Lord, one is engaged in the Lord's service simply out of obedience to the spiritual master's order or in pursuance of the scriptures, such obligatory service is called vaidhi-bhakti
- Without being a devotee, how with faith and adherence and reverence and obedience you can serve Krsna unless you love Krsna
- Without being self-controlled, without being disciplined and without being fully obedient, no one can become successful in following the instructions of the spiritual master, and without doing so, no one is able to go back to Godhead
- You are so fortunate to have such training in Krishna Consciousness from the very beginning of childhood. So, take full advantage of it and follow very obediently what your older Godbrothers and Godsisters ask you to do
- You can not correct him. Otherwise obedience is the first discipline. If you do not obey the representative, authority, then there cannot be any discipline. Then everything will be topsy-turvy
- You have to follow Christ's words. You cannot imitate his action. That is real obedience
- Your obedient servant, A.C. Bhaktivedanta Swami