Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
bow | bowed | bowing | bows
This category is for the verb "bow", as in "bow down before the Deity".
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Bow (verb)"
The following 85 pages are in this category, out of 85 total.
- A son is surrendering to his father. It is quite natural. There is no insult. Father is always superior. So if I touch the feet of my father, if I bow down before my father, it is glory. It is glorious for me
- Absorbed in emotional love, he sat in my courtyard, and all the Vaisnavas bowed down at his feet
- Advaita Acarya, Lord Nityananda, Srivasa Pandita, Gadadhara Pandita, Svarupa Damodara, Murari Gupta, Haridasa Thakura and all the other devotees of Sri Krsna Caitanya - bowing down with devotion, I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja) hold their lotus feet on my head
- After offering obeisances to Lord Siva, Nabhaga said: O worshipable lord, everything in this arena of sacrifice is yours. This is the assertion of my father. Now, with great respect, I bow my head before you, begging your mercy
- All the saintly kings and all the demigods, including Lord Siva and Lord Brahma, worship the Lord by bowing down with their helmets. Let me offer my obeisances unto His lotus feet
- Amsuman circumambulated Kapila Muni and offered Him respectful obeisances, bowing his head
- Because Damodara Maharaja is offended, so Acyutananda Maharaja should go to Damodara and beg his forgiveness, and bow and touch his feet
- Because he (Romaharsana Suta) was seated on the vyasasana, he foolishly thought himself greater than the Lord; therefore he did not get down from his seat or bow down before the Lord
- Because Romaharsana was seated on the vyasasana, he foolishly thought himself greater than the Lord; therefore he did not get down from his seat or bow down before the Lord (Balarama)
- Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika bowed their heads before the Lord with great respect because all of them knew the exalted position of Lord Balarama as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Ganges appeared before King Bhagiratha and said, "I am very much satisfied with your austerities and am now prepared to give you benedictions as you desire." Being thus addressed by Gangadevi, the King bowed his head before her and explained his desire
- Gopis tell Yasoda, "Although they (Siva, Brahma & Indra) are all very great personalities, by hearing the sound of Krsna's flute they humbly bow down and become grave from studying the sound vibrated"
- Having been released from the nooses of Yamaraja's servants, the brahmana Ajamila, now free from fear, came to his senses and immediately offered obeisances to the Visnudutas by bowing his head at their lotus feet
- He (King Bhagiratha) was so humble that he respectfully bowed down before them
- He fell on the ground with his head bowed to offer obeisances unto the lotus feet of the Lord. His heart naturally full of love of God, with folded hands he satisfied the Lord with prayers
- His Holiness Swami Sadananda, my German god-brother may come to see you. When he comes, offer your respect by bowing down as you do unto me
- If you artificially think that "I'm not going to bow down anyone. I am independent," then you suffer. Simply you have to seek out the proper place where you have to bow down. That's all
- In his disturbed condition, he began to pray to these clouds, and he expressed his jubilation by bowing down before them
- In the Naradiya Purana there is a statement about bowing down and offering respect to the Deity
- It had happened that when King Jarasandha conquered all other kingdoms, many kings did not bow their heads before Jarasandha, and consequently all of them, numbering twenty thousand, were arrested and made his prisoners
- It is not your disease or my disease. Everyone's disease is this, that "Why shall I bow down? Why shall I become subordinate?" But nature is forcing me to become subordinate. Now who wants to meet death? Why people are dying?
- It is said there, "A person who has performed a great ritualistic sacrifice and a person who has simply offered his respectful obeisances by bowing down before the Lord cannot be held as equals"
- It is the acarya's duty to spread a bona fide religious system and induce everyone to bow down before the Supreme Lord
- Maharaja Pariksit was such a great emperor that all his enemies would come and bow down at his feet and surrender all their wealth for their own benefit
- My dear demigods, the Lord who thus manifested Himself is worshipable by me, by Lord Siva and by all of you. The sages regarded Him with unsated eyes and joyously bowed their heads at His lotus feet
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: May our hands and other limbs be engaged in Your service and our minds always be concentrated at Your lotus feet and our heads always bowed down before the all-pervading universal form of Your Lordship
- No one can attain the perfectional stage of devotional service without bowing down before exalted devotees. Learned sages like Markandeya Rsi attained perfection in devotional service simply by executing such regulative principles of service
- Not only was Raghunatha dasa Gosvami chanting a fixed number of rounds, but he had also taken a vow to bow down many times and offer obeisances to the Lord
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "When He (Krsna) plays (the flute), either in the morning or in the evening, all the demigods, including Lord Siva, Brahma, Indra and Candra, bow their heads and listen with great attention"
- One should learn to bow down immediately upon seeing the Deity or the spiritual master. 6) As soon as one visits a temple of Lord Krsna, one must stand up
- One should not avoid bowing down before the Deity. 4) One should not enter the temple to worship the Lord without having washed his hands and feet after eating. 5) One should not enter the temple in a contaminated state
- One should not bow down on one hand. 7) One should not circumambulate in front of Sri Krsna. (The process of circumambulating the temple is that one should begin circumambulating from the Deity's right-hand side of the temple and come round
- Out of great sadness, the gopis began to breathe very heavily. Instead of looking at Krsna face to face, they bowed their heads and looked at the ground, and they began to draw various types of curved lines on the ground with their toes
- Please bring to me only those sinful persons who do not use their tongues to chant the holy name and qualities of Krsna, whose hearts do not remember the lotus feet of Krsna even once, and whose heads do not bow down even once before Lord Krsna
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- Prahlad Maharaj said that no one can attain the perfectional stage of devotional service without bowing down before exalted devotees
- Seeing that the monarch had come to his hermitage and was bowing before him, the sage greeted him with benediction and received him with due honor
- Since Krsna appeared within this material world to manifest His pastimes as a human being, He and Arjuna immediately offered their respects to Lord Maha-Visnu by bowing down before Him
- Skanda Purana said, "Tulasi is auspicious in all respects. Simply by seeing, simply by touching, simply by remembering, simply by praying to, simply by bowing before, simply by hearing about or simply by sowing this tree, there is always auspiciousness"
- So far as the bowing down in Deity worship, before opening the door you should bow down. Then turn on the light and bow down again. There is no restriction on bowing down
- Something done in Krsna consciousness, knowing or not knowing, it will have its effect. These children who are bowing down, or trying to vibrate "Krsna", or clap, these things are being accumulated in bank account of Krsna consciousness
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: My dear King Pariksit, when Citraketu was cursed by Parvati, he descended from his airplane, bowed before her with great humility and pleased her completely
- Sri Yamunacarya praises Krsna's power of forgiveness with the following statement: "My dear Lord Ramacandra, You are so merciful to have excused the crow's clawing on the nipples of Janaki simply because of his bowing down before You"
- That is the disease. We are forced to bow down and we think that "I don't like to bow down." This is the disease
- The clear consciousness of the cognizant living being is God consciousness, in which one bows down unto Him in all circumstances
- The common man, who is expected to become at least a third-class devotee, is advised to visit the temple of the Lord and bow down before the Deity, even though he may be a very rich man or even a king with a silk turban or crown
- The cows especially, being much aggrieved from the heavy rain, bowed down their heads, and taking their calves underneath their bodies, they approached the Supreme Personality of Godhead to take shelter of His lotus feet
- The demigods' heads, thighs & arms & the other parts of their bodies were injured by the sharp arrows of the demons. The demigods, headed by Indra, saw no other course than to immediately approach Brahma with bowed heads for shelter & proper instruction
- The great devotee Citraketu was so powerful that he was quite competent to curse mother Parvati in retaliation, but instead of doing so he very humbly accepted the curse and bowed his head before Lord Siva and his wife
- The great sage Agastya used to live there, and Lord Balarama visited him and offered His respects by bowing down before him
- The neophyte or third-class devotee, can bow his head before the Deity in the temple and before the spiritual master, who is the direct manifestation of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The person who has once offered respects, bowing down before the Deity, will not again come back to this world, because he will go directly to the abode of Krsna
- The priests, who were even worshiped by King Nabhi, the Emperor of Bharata-varsa, offered prayers in prose (generally they were in poetry) and bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet
- The system of bowing the head to the ground to show respect to superiors is an excellent etiquette which obliges the honored guest deep into the heart
- The upper portion of the body, though crowned with a silk turban, is only a heavy burden if not bowed down before the Personality of Godhead who can award mukti - freedom
- Then Dhruva Maharaja, the foremost of all nobles, first of all offered his obeisances at the feet of his father and was honored by his father with various questions. He then bowed his head at the feet of his two mothers
- Then he (the brahmana) offered his respectful obeisances by bowing down before the Lord. After finishing the dressing he began to imagine that he was cleaning the temple very nicely
- Then that supreme authority, personified by sound and unseen by eyes, but most wonderful, stopped speaking. Feeling a sense of gratitude, I (Narada) offered my obeisances unto Him, bowing my head
- They (Four Kumaras) went to visit the Lord of Vaikuntha-loka in the spiritual sky, and when they bowed down before the Lord, the aroma of the tulasi, mixed with saffron, entered their nostrils and immediately attracted their minds
- They bow down like stick. This is called dandavat. Danda means "stick"; vat means "like." When you fall down, just like a stick falls, before superior, that is called dandavat. Not by simply saying dandavat... Eh, one must fall down
- When everyone laughed, Duryodhana felt very insulted, and his bodily hairs stood up in anger. Being thus insulted, he immediately left the palace, bowing his head. He was silent and did not protest
- When he (Arjuna) bowed at his feet, the King (Yudhisthira) saw that his dejection was unprecedented. His head was down, and tears glided from his lotus eyes
- When the Kazi came, his head bowed down, the Lord gave him proper respect and a seat
- When the personality of Kali understood that the King was willing to kill him, he at once abandoned the dress of a king and, under pressure of fear, completely surrendered to him, bowing his head
- When the two confidential servants of the Supreme Lord, who were named Nanda and Sunanda, approached him, smiling happily, Dhruva stood with folded hands, bowing humbly. They then addressed him as follows
- When Vasudeva was convinced that the newborn child was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself, he bowed down with folded hands and began to offer Him prayers
- Whenever an acarya is seen, one should immediately bow down before him. Prthu Maharaja did this properly; therefore the words used here are prasrayanata-kandharah. Out of humility, he bowed down before the Kumaras
- While She was talking like this in a dream, She suddenly awoke and saw some of Her superiors standing before Her. Thus Radharani became ashamed and bowed Her head. This is an instance of alertness after awakening from sleep
- With folded hands she began to bow down to the trees, asking them, "What is the medicinal herb which can check Krsna's dying from this poisonous water?" This is an instance of insanity caused by some great danger
- With great frankness and without duplicity I shall now bow my head at the lotus feet of Brhaspati, the spiritual master of the demigods. Because he is in the mode of goodness, he is fully aware of all knowledge and is the best of the brahmanas
- With great love and affection she (Sudama's wife) bowed down before her husband (Sudama), and within herself she thought of embracing him
- Within the mind he is always thinking of Krsna, and with his body he is either offering obeisances by bowing down before the Deity or is engaging in some other service. During these ecstatic activities he sometimes sheds tears
- You are bowing down to everyone. You are bowing down to death, you are bowing down to disease, you are bowing down to old age. You are bowing down to so many things. You are forced. And still you are thinking that "I cannot bow down. I don't like"
- You cannot declare that "I am free. I am not subordinate." If you are wishing that "I don't wish to be subordinate, don't wish to bow down," that is your disease