Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
revered | reverence | reverent | reverential | reverentially | reveres | reverently
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Reverence"
The following 47 pages are in this category, out of 47 total.
- A devotee naturally does not like to transgress the laws of reverence for the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but by the influence of yogamaya he is prepared to do anything to love the Supreme Lord better
- A devotee of Lord Krsna whose mind is always absorbed in Him, who with great attention and reverence chants this stotra (prayer), will achieve the greatest perfection of life without delay
- After seeing Sankara, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Damodara, "My affection for you is on the platform of awe and reverence"
- Gauravena means "with great reverence." The husband is a very intimate friend; therefore, the wife must render service just like an intimate friend, and at the same time she must understand that the husband is superior in position
- Generally the Lord is worshiped by the devotees in a reverential attitude, but the Lord is meticulously pleased when the devotee, out of pure affection and love, considers the Lord to be less important than himself
- Genuine jnanis know how everything is connected to Brahman, the Absolute Truth. They are humble, unassuming, clean, brahminical, and reverent toward the guru, and they possess many other good qualities
- I am so much grieved to learn the news of our revered god-brother, Swami Bhakti Sadhak Niskincana Maharaja, and I am so glad to learn that he passed away in full sense chanting "Krishna, Krishna". This is a glorious death
- If anyone sees Lord Siva with devotion and reverence, his heart is immediately cleansed
- In such expressions of ecstatic love there are many other subsidiary symptoms, such as jubilation, withering, silence, disappointment, moroseness, reverence, thoughtfulness, remembrance, doubtfulness, confidence
- In the spiritual sky the Vaikuntha planets are predominated by Narayana. His devotees have the same features He does, and the exchange of devotion there is on the platform of reverence
- In the Upanisads and allied scriptures, it is ordained that one must approach with awe and reverence the feet of a spiritual master who is well versed in all the scriptures and who has attained perfection in transcendental knowledge
- In this reverential devotional attitude, Pradyumna never talked to his father in a loud voice
- One must vehemently denounce the Western mentality of defying spiritual tradition and the scriptures. Such a mentality reveres mundane philosophies based on speculation and concocted logic, considering these practices signs of superior intelligence
- Out of the twenty, the first three - namely, accepting the shelter of a bona fide spiritual master, taking initiation from him and serving him with respect and reverence - are the most important
- Past, present and future are known to me (Lord Siva), Sanat-kumara, Narada, the most revered Lord Brahma, Kapila (the son of Devahuti), Apantaratama (Lord Vyasadeva), Devala, Yamaraja, Asuri, Marici and many saintly persons headed by him
- Pure attachment without reverence is found in Gokula Vrndavana. Attachment in which awe and reverence are prominent is found in the two cities Mathura and Dvaraka and in Vaikuntha
- Sometimes the devotee becomes filled with the same awe and reverence by seeing a picture of Visnu, who is dressed like Krsna and who has a similar complexion. The only difference is that Visnu has four hands
- Spontaneous pure love is far superior to regulated devotional service. Such pure love of Godhead is always glorious in all respects, more so than reverential devotional service rendered by a less affectionate devotee
- The friendship typified by Sridama and Sudama is the standard of friendship without any tinge of reverence
- The friendship typified by Sridama and Sudama, however, is the standard of friendship without any tinge of reverence
- The love of Godhead of those engaged in pancaratrika regulative principles depends more or less on the opulent and reverential platform, but the worship of Radha and Krsna is purely on the platform of transcendental love
- The Supreme Lord also accepts the loving service of His devotees more relishably when the service is rendered spontaneously out of pure affection, without anything of reverential admiration
- The Vrndavana pastimes demonstrated that although generally people worship God with reverence, the Lord is more pleased when a devotee thinks of Him as his pet son, personal friend or most dear fiance
- There are innumerable Vaikuntha planets in the spiritual sky, and in all of them the Lord accepts the service rendered by His eternal devotees in a reverential mood
- There are many other weeds, like disobedience to the tenets of the revered scriptures, unnecessary engagements, killing animals, and hankering after material gain, prestige and adoration
- There is no rigid fixture of time, and anyone can chant the holy name with attention and reverence at his convenience. The Lord is so kind to us that He can be present before us personally in the form of transcendental sound
- These signs of reverential devotion on the part of Pradyumna can be described in the same way they have been described in the case of other devotees
- To worship the Deity. And you cannot derive benefit unless the aesthetic sense is applied to the higher authority, with reverence and respect. That is wanted
- When this steady reverential devotion increases further, it is called love of Godhead in reverential devotion. Attraction and affection are two prominent symptoms of this stage
- While dying, Ajamila chanted the holy name of the Lord, intending to call his son Narayana. Nevertheless, he attained the spiritual world. What then to speak of those who chant the holy name with faith and reverence
- Whoever, with great reverence and adoration, regularly reads, chants and describes the history of Maharaja Prthu's activities will certainly increase unflinching faith and attraction for the lotus feet of the Lord
- With faith and reverence the prostitute associated with Haridasa Thakura, who personally treated her material disease by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra