Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
awe | awed | awesome | awestruck
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Awe"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- About worshiping Lord Jagannatha, He should always be worshiped with awe and reverence. Krishna's picture as a Naughty Child should not be treated by us as a naughty child. We should always worship Krishna as the Supreme Lord
- After seeing Sankara, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Damodara, "My affection for you is on the platform of awe and reverence"
- Although on such a platform of love the devotee sometimes appears to predominate over the Lord or transgress regulative principles, such dealings are far more advanced than ordinary dealings through regulative principles with awe and veneration
- Attachment for Krsna is divided into two categories. One is attachment with awe and reverence, and the other is pure attachment without reverence
- Awe and veneration are absent on the platform of fraternity, since this rasa is predominated by confidential service. Therefore sakhya-rasa is characterized by the qualities of three rasas
- In Gokula (Vrndavana) love is freely exchanged, and although the cowherd boys and damsels of Vrndavana know that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they do not show awe and veneration
- In the beginning we must treat the Lord with awe and veneration. Later one when we are perfectly on the spiritual platform, we treat Krsna more intimately, and therefore we forget the exalted position of Krsna
- In the five principal transcendental relationships, awe and veneration are sometimes impediments obscuring the Lord's actual greatness and sometimes they actually impede one's service to the Lord
- In the five principal transcendental relationships, awe and veneration are sometimes impediments to one’s service to the Lord
- In the transcendental fraternal relationship known as sakhya-rasa, there are three transcendental characteristics: the sense of greatness, the sense of service, and the sense of intimacy without awe or veneration
- In the Upanisads and allied scriptures, it is ordained that one must approach with awe and reverence the feet of a spiritual master who is well versed in all the scriptures and who has attained perfection in transcendental knowledge
- On the dasya-rasa platform, knowledge of the Supreme Personality of Godhead is revealed with awe and veneration. By rendering service unto Lord Krsna, the devotee in dasya-rasa gives constant happiness to the Lord
- One sort of friendship is with awe and veneration. Just like if you have a very rich friend, you cannot talk with him so frankly although he is so..., he is your intimate friend. But a friend in the same status, you can talk with him very freely
- People become awestruck when they learn that the life span on Brahmaloka is many millions of years. One has to undergo severe austerities and renunciation, accepting the sannyasa order of life, in order to reach Brahmaloka
- Pure attachment without reverence is found in Gokula Vrndavana. Attachment in which awe and reverence are prominent is found in the two cities Mathura and Dvaraka and in Vaikuntha
- Some great devotees of the Lord cannot surpass the boundary of awe and veneration. But other devotees are in such an intense compact of love with the Lord that they forget His exalted position and regard themselves as His equals or even His superiors
- Sometimes the devotee becomes filled with the same awe and reverence by seeing a picture of Visnu, who is dressed like Krsna and who has a similar complexion. The only difference is that Visnu has four hands
- The beginning of love is awe and adoration: "Oh, God is so great. God is everything." When he understands God's potency, unlimitedness, the soul adores Him
- The devotees of Lord Krsna alone can fully take to heart the instructions of the Gita, and by acting accordingly they are liberated from the awesome and eternal enslavement of the cycle of karma
- The qualities of santa-rasa and the service of dasya-rasa are both present on the platform of sakhya-rasa. On the platform of fraternity, the qualities of dasya-rasa are mixed with the confidence of fraternity instead of awe and veneration
- There are also other planets in the spiritual world, called Vaikuntha planets, and on these planets Lord Narayana is worshiped with awe and veneration. On these planets santa-rasa is prevalent
- There are two kinds of devotees engaged in devotional service with awe and veneration, and the servitors in the abode of Dvaraka always worship Krsna as the most respectable and revered Personality of Godhead
- This appreciation of Lord Visnu in awe and veneration by the saintly is to be understood as the sign that they are situated in the santa-rasa, or neutral stage of devotional service
- Through Lord Caitanya we can become friends with Krsna, and there will be no limit to this friendship. We can become friends of Krsna not in awe or adoration but in complete freedom. We can even relate to God as His father or mother
- Whatever we are worshiping Radha-Krsna, that is Radha-Krsna in His Narayana form - Laksmi-Narayana. In the beginning we should worship Radha-Krsna in the level of Laksmi-Narayana, with awe and veneration, very strictly following the rules and regulations
- When Dhruva Maharaja personally saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face, he was very much agitated in awe and respect, and it appeared as if he were drinking the entire body of the Lord with his eyes
- When He (Nimai) was a mere baby crawling in the yard, one day a snake appeared before Him, and the Lord began to play with it. All the members of the house were struck with fear and awe, but after a little while the snake went away
- When Krsna offered prayers at the lotus feet of His mother and father, Vasudeva and Devaki, they both felt awe, reverence and fear due to knowledge of His opulences
- When the Lord was on the lap of His mother, He would at once stop crying as soon as the ladies surrounding Him chanted the holy names and clapped their hands. This peculiar incident was observed by the neighbors with awe and veneration
- Yasoda saw in Krsna's mouth herself taking Krsna on her lap and having Him suck her breast. Upon seeing all this, she became struck with awe and began to wonder whether she were dreaming or actually seeing something extraordinary
- You simply chant Hare Krsna mantra, and whatever you can, offer Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He is very kind. He does not take offense. Radha-Krsna worship is little difficult. We have to worship Him with great awe and veneration