Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
near | nearer | nearness
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Near"
The following 151 pages are in this category, out of 151 total.
- A few miles before the Jagannatha Puri station is a small station called Saksi-gopala. Near this station is a village named Satyavadi, where the temple of Saksi-gopala is situated
- A living entity who unknowingly falls in this river is submerged in its waves, and since the current is swifter near the banks of the river, he is unable to get out. What will be the benefit of performing fruitive activities in that river of maya?
- After following Her (Mohini-murti) with great speed, Lord Siva caught Her by the braid of Her hair and dragged Her near him. Although She was unwilling, he embraced Her with his arms
- After purifying the seven planets near Dhruvaloka (the polestar), the Ganges water is carried through the spaceways of the demigods in billions of celestial airplanes. Then it inundates the moon (Candraloka)
- After receiving instruction from Narada, the demon Vrkasura went to Kedaranatha. The pilgrimage site of Kedaranatha still exists near Kashmir
- After searching here and there, they finally came to the cow shed near the Simha-dvara. There they saw Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lying unconscious among the cows
- After some days, Raghunatha dasa gave up standing near the Simha-dvara gate and instead began eating by begging alms from a booth for free distribution of food
- After the visnu-murti disappeared, Akrura got out of the water. Finishing the rest of his ritualistic performance, he went near the chariot of Balarama and Krsna and was struck with wonder
- Akrura began to think, "Just as a blade of grass floating on the waves of a river may by chance come near the shore and gain shelter, a conditioned soul carried away by the waves of material existence may sometimes be saved by the grace of Krsna"
- Akrura continued, "Somehow or other I have come near Your lotus feet, and I consider this to be Your causeless mercy upon me. You can act in any way because You are the supreme controller"
- All the people who lived near Akrura-tirtha came to see Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and due to the large crowds, the Lord could not peacefully chant the holy name
- Although Prahlada is very near to me (Hiranyakasipu) and is merely a child, he is situated in complete fearlessness
- Arjuna inquired, "My dear girl (Kalindi), you are so beautiful with your raised breasts. May I ask you who you are? We (Arjuna and Krsna) are surprised to see you loitering here (near the Yamuna) alone. What is your purpose in coming here?
- As Krsna and Balarama approached the bow, They were warned not to go nearer, but Krsna ignored this warning. He forcibly went up and immediately took the big bow in His left hand
- Because of our material anxieties, which are inevitable in this material world, we cannot understand the Supreme Lord, although He is situated so near to us
- Bhadrasva: It is a tract of land near Meru Parvata, and it extends from Gandha-madana Parvata to the saltwater ocean. There is a description of this varsa in the Mahabharata. The description was narrated by Sanjaya to Dhrtarastra
- By dint of one's personal endeavor one may go nearer to the Lord, but without the Lord's mercy one cannot reach the ultimate point. Such understanding of the Lord is possible only by devotional service
- By offering me the govardhana-sila, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has offered me a place near Govardhana Hill, and by offering me the garland of conchshells, He has offered me shelter at the lotus feet of Srimati Radharani
- Even in the higher planetary systems near Brahmaloka, like Maharloka, Janaloka and Tapoloka, the festival of glorification of Lord Krsna was going on
- Even the other day, neither Krsna nor any of His playmates died from the falling of the two trees, although the children were near the trees or even between them. This also is to be considered the mercy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Every one of us are already old. (We) generally understand that old age means nearing death, but who can guarantee that there is no death immediately? At any moment
- Garuda, the chief of birds, unloaded Mandara Mountain from his shoulder and brought it near the water. Then he was asked by the Lord to leave that place, and he left
- Govinda Ghosa belonged to the kayastha dynasty of the Uttara-radhiya section, and he was known as Ghosa Thakura. Even to the present day there is a place named Agradvipa, near Katwa, where a fair takes place and is named after Ghosa Thakura
- Haridasa Thakura replied, "I cannot go near the temple because I am a low-caste, abominable person. I have no authority to go there"
- Haridasa Thakura then expressed his desire, "If I could just get a solitary place near the temple, I could stay there alone and pass my time"
- Haridasa Thakura was born in a village known as Budhana but after some time came to live on the bank of the Ganges at Phuliya, near Santipura
- Haridasa Thakura, although certainly competent and qualified to enter the temple, did not want even to go near it. This is called Vaisnava humility
- He (Balarama) immediately wanted to scratch the land near the river with His plowshare (because Yamuna neglected His order)
- He (Pradyumna) refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands, and after arming himself properly with bows and arrows, he asked his charioteer (Son of Daruka) to take him near the place where Salva's commander in chief was standing
- Hearing the description of His condition while He had lain near the Simha-dvara, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was very much astonished. He said, "I do not remember any of these things"
- Hearing these calls, Sivananda Sena quickly went there, offered obeisances to Nakula Brahmacari, and sat down near him
- Here is a person coming near. He will give me something. This person gave me something last night. Now another person is coming near. He may give me something
- I am especially pleased that you are eager to attract the upper class of your society by hosting them in your place you have got near the temple
- I am glad to hear you have been thinking of me and have arranged a nice house near the temple for my stay there
- I am negotiating with one Mr. Javarali for purchasing a piece of land priced near about 13,000 Rs. Now, if I send you the equivalent in American dollars, whether it will be possible for you to pay him the above approximate price?
- I am situated in a temple of Sita-Ram in a nearby suburb of Bombay. The atmosphere is very relaxing, such as I have not found anywhere else in India thus far. So in every way it is very conducive to my translating work
- I have examined the plans for the building on West 43rd Street just near the corner of 5th Avenue and I think it is perfectly suitable for us in every way. Please work together with Bali Mardan Maharaja and try your best to secure it
- I have heard that the residential quarters of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu are near the temple of Jagannatha. But I shall not have the power to go near the temple
- I have vowed to chant ten million names in a month. I have taken this vow, but now it is nearing its end
- I like the idea of being near the west gate as I want to go to the Ganges daily and during the summer I can take bath there
- I want to sit down there in the Sri Radha Damodara Temple until some time near the end of November. I will lecture daily in the courtyard on the Bhakti Rasamrita Sindhu, especially for the benefit of the devotees
- I was walking near the cowshed, heaps of, piles of cow dung was there. So I was explaining to my followers that if such heaps of animal, I mean to say, man stool was heaped up here, nobody would come here
- I was with them (Gopala and Sally Agarwal) for three weeks in Butler, near Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, and then I came to New York
- If a bird happened to even pass over the spot, it would immediately die and fall down into the water. Due to the poisonous effect of the Yamuna’s vapors, the trees and grass near the bank of the Yamuna had all dried up
- If a new temple site in Los Angeles is absolutely required to be moved in a bigger place, that should be your first business. For my place you may find a place near the temple, and it should be independent of any other tenants
- If I had taken birth in a Hindu family, it would have been easy for me to remain near Your lotus feet. Since my body is now useless, let me die immediately
- In that dress He used to take care of the calves near the house, and sometimes He played with cowherd boys of about the same age
- In the descriptions of him (Kuvera) in Vedic literature, it is stated that he is fabulously rich. It appears from these verses that Kailasa is situated near the residential quarters of Kuvera
- In the village of Jhamatapura, which is near Naihati, Lord Nityananda appeared to me in a dream
- In Vallabhapura there was a permanent arrangement to cook nine kilos of rice, vegetables and other foodstuffs daily, and near the village there is sufficient land, which belonged to the Deity, on which this rice was grown
- It appears that the brahmana's house was near Krsna's residence and that Lord Krsna was enjoying everything that was taking place, apparently in defiance of His authority
- It is better if the grhasthas have a separate asrama, just like in Los Angeles the married disciples rent rooms together in one apartment house near the temple and live there separately, and in this way no one is disturbed
- It is the mercy of Krishna that you are getting fair warning of your nearing death. Now, you must become very serious to prepare to meet death without fear of being fully absorbed in the lotus feet of Krishna
- Jagadisa Pandita belonged to the village of Yasada-grama, in the district of Nadia near the Cakadaha railway station. His father, the son of Bhatta Narayana, was named Kamalaksa
- Just to check the crowds from coming too near the Lord, the devotees formed three circles. The first circle was guided by Nityananda Prabhu, who is Balarama Himself, the possessor of great strength
- Kalidasa smeared the dust from those footprints all over his body. Then he hid in a place near Jhadu Thakura's home
- Knowing that the Hera-pancami festival was drawing near, King Prataparudra attentively talked with Kasi Misra
- Krsna abode, the planet which is called Goloka Vrndavana, that has three divisions. As we have got replica on this earth, there is Vrndavana, Mathura, and Dvaraka. Dvaraka is in Gujarat, and Mathura and Vrndavana is in U.P., Uttar Pradesh, near Delhi
- Krsna also declared at that meeting, "In order to assure the good fortune of the cows and themselves, all people of Vrndavana near Govardhana must worship the hill, as prescribed by Me"
- Krsna next inquired from the citizens as to the location of the place of sacrifice. Kamsa had arranged for the sacrifice called Dhanur-yajna, and to designate this particular sacrifice he had placed a big bow near the sacrificial altar
- Lennon. Yes. He has kept a very big photo, naked, near his fireplace. (chuckles) I was talking with him in his house and saw the photograph. And he is not at all ashamed
- Lord Brahma, thus contemplating, entered the water through the channel of the stem of the lotus. But in spite of entering the stem and going nearer to the navel of Visnu, he could not trace out the root
- Lord Caitanya recommended that one should scrupulously renounce the association of unwanted persons and completely take shelter of the Supreme Lord, Krsna. Krsna gave Arjuna this same instruction near the end of the Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Caitanya's philosophy is not to become God, but to become servant, servant, servant of God. The more one becomes the lower grade servant of the Lord, the more he is devoted nearer to the Lord
- Lord Caitanya's residence should be very secluded and also near the temple of Jagannatha. Please consider this proposal and give me a nice place for Him
- Maharaja Pariksit resided in his capital Hastinapura, situated near present Delhi, and the River Yamuna flows down past the city. Naturally the King would take shelter of the River Yamuna because she was flowing past his palace door
- Maharaja Prataparudra and his personal assistants formed a third circle around the two inner circles just to check the crowds from coming too near
- Mayavadis may be considered nearer to spiritual perfection because at least they have realized what spiritual life is
- Mr. Harrison is purchasing 172 acres of land near London, and it is expected that he will construct a temple of Radha-Krishna there. This is also very encouraging news
- Nanda continued, "We simply think of Krsna - how He used to smile and how He looked upon us with grace. When we go to the banks of the Yamuna or the lakes of Vrndavana or near Govardhana Hill or the pasturing fields"
- Near Jagannatha Puri is a great sand dune known as Cataka-parvata. Seeing that hill, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, 'Oh, I shall go to the land of Vraja to see Govardhana Hill'
- Near the Gundica temple is a place known as Aitota. This place was fixed up for Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to rest in
- Near Vallabhapura (temple) is a beautiful temple of Jagannatha. We (Prabhupada) sometimes used to take prasadam in this Jagannatha temple also. These two temples are situated within a one mile-radius of the Sriramapura railway station, near Calcutta
- Near Varanasi there is another group of impersonalists, who are known as Saranatha Mayavadis
- Near Vrndavana is Govardhana Hill, which is very beautiful, and there are newly grown grass and fodder for the animals, so there will be no difficulty in living there
- Now that our Bombay temple is nearing completion you must begin to construct a nice temple at the birthplace of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at Mayapur dham
- O son of the Bharata family, Diti, after this, went nearer to her husband, her face lowered because of her faulty action. She spoke as follows
- On the previous night, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had visited Lord Jagannatha and taken His permission. Now, near the end of the night, the Lord got up and started immediately. He was not seen by others
- Once a great karmi accumulated a vast fortune for his sons and grandsons, but later, according to his karma, he took his birth in a cobbler's house located near the building which in his previous life he had constructed for his children
- Once an old mendicant approached the door of Mother Yasoda's house, and Krsna told Yasoda, "My dear Mother, I don't wish to go near this skinny villain. If I go there, he might put Me within his begging bag and take Me away from You!"
- Once the family members of Lord Krsna, such as Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada, all princes of the Yadu dynasty, went for a long picnic in the forest near Dvaraka
- One may be submerged in the waves of the river of maya, but one may also get free from the waves by coming to the banks of knowledge and austerity. Near these banks, however, the waves are very strong
- One who cannot be brought nearer to a spiritual master cannot have a sacred thread, and thus he is indicated to be a sudra
- Only by your order am I living in Nilacala (Jagannatha Puri). Nevertheless, you still pull Me near you because of your great love for Me
- Sanatana replied, "There is no danger. The Nawab has gone to the south. If he returns, tell him that Sanatana went to pass stool near the bank of the Ganges and that as soon as he saw the Ganges, he jumped in"
- Saranatha is a place near Benares where Buddhist philosophers used to reside, and even today many stupas of the Buddhist Mayavadis can be seen
- Satadhanva's horse became exhausted and died near a garden house in Mithila. Unable to take help of the horse, Satadhanva began to run with great speed
- Saying this, Nityananda Prabhu took Caitanya Mahaprabhu near the Ganges, and the Lord, in His ecstasy, accepted the river Ganges as the river Yamuna
- Seeing Srikanta Sena, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu bestowed causeless mercy upon him. Srikanta Sena stayed near Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for about two months at Jagannatha Puri
- Since she (Vaidarbhi) did not arrange her hair, it became entangled and twisted in locks. Although she remained always near her husband (Malayadhvaja), she was as silent and unagitated as the flame of an undisturbed fire
- Since the river Yamuna flowed near Tentuli-tala, a very cool breeze blew there. While there, the Lord saw the beauty of Vrndavana and the water of the river Yamuna
- Sometimes coming too near the Deity or the spiritual master degrades the neophyte devotee
- Sometimes Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu chanted very loudly while passing through the jungle. Hearing His sweet voice, all the does came near Him
- Sometimes the Rahu planet is visible in the presence of full moonlight. It then appears that this Rahu planet exists somewhere near the orbit of the moon
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "Your duty is to carry out My order. You have come near Vrndavana. Now you should go there"
- Sridama, Subala & Stoka Krsna said, "Will You (Krsna and Balarama) kindly note that just near this place there is a big forest of the name Talavana? This forest is full of palm trees, and all the trees are filled with fruits"
- Staying near the Garuda-stambha, the Lord would look upon Lord Jagannatha. What can be said about the strength of that love? On the ground beneath the column of the Garuda-stambha was a deep ditch, and that ditch was filled with the water of His tears
- Such a mystic becomes so joyful by constant execution of the regulative principles of devotional service that he thereby achieves the special favor of the Supreme Lord. Yamaraja, the mighty superintendent of death, is afraid to go near such a devotee
- Such activities are so nicely arranged in writing by the greatly learned sages that the actual purpose of the ear is served just by being near them
- Suddenly Nrsimhananda arrived, and Jagadananda and Sivananda arranged for him to sit near them. Seeing them both so unhappy, Nrsimhananda inquired, "Why do I see that you are both despondent?"
- The Apsara (Purvacitti) sent by Lord Brahma began strolling in a beautiful park near the place where the King (Agnidhra) was meditating and worshiping
- The Apsara sent by Lord Brahma began strolling in a beautiful park near the place where the King was meditating and worshiping. The park was beautiful because of its dense green foliage and golden creepers
- The beautiful wives of the heavenly denizens, their eyes very beautifully glittering, were near her (Sati's) residence and were going to the sacrifice dressed in fine clothing and ornamented with earrings and necklaces with lockets
- The branch of the Ganges known as the Sita flows through Brahmapuri atop Mount Meru, and from there it runs down to the nearby peaks of the Kesaracala Mountains
- The ceremony performed to initiate a disciple into the study of spiritual science is called upaniti, or the function that brings one nearer to the spiritual master
- The demon (Hiranyaksa) employed many conjuring tricks against the Personality of Godhead (Varahadeva), who is the Lord of yogamaya. At the sight of this the people were filled with alarm and thought that the dissolution of the universe was near
- The Gopis said: O tulasi! O malati! O yuthi, madhavi and mallika! Krsna is very dear to you; therefore He must have come near you
- The house of Vidya-vacaspati was located at Vidyanagara, which was near Koladvipa, or Kuliya. It was here that Devananda Pandita was residing. This information is found in the Caitanya-bhagavata (Madhya-khanda, Chapter Twenty-one)
- The King replied, "Kasi Misra's house is exactly what you require. It is near the temple and is very secluded, calm and quiet"
- The Lord called him, but Raghunatha dasa did not go near the Lord. Then the Lord forcibly caught him and placed His lotus feet upon Raghunatha dasa's head
- The Lord then replied to the Buddhist disciples, "You should all chant the names of Krsna and Hari very loudly near the ear of your spiritual master"
- The Muslim governor accompanied Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu past Mantresvara. This place was very dangerous due to pirates. He took the Lord to a place named Pichalda, which was near Mantresvara
- The pilgrimage site of Kedaranatha still exists near Kashmir. It is almost always covered by snow, but for part of the year, during the month of July, it is possible to see the deity, and devotees go there to offer their respects
- The present-day village of Prembagh, which lies near Ramshara in the Jessore district of Bangladesh, is said by many to be the site of Kumaradeva's house. Of his many sons, three took to the path of Vaisnavism
- The village of Candapura is situated near the confluence of the rivers Ganges and Yamuna at Saptagrama, in the district of Hugli
- The young brahmana walked and walked in this way until he eventually arrived in his own country. When he neared his own village, he began to think as follows
- Then Lord Nityananda Prabhu called Raghunatha dasa near Him, placed His lotus feet upon Raghunatha dasa's head and began to speak
- There are sufferings from internal diseases, separation from those near and dear, and anxieties for maintaining the status quo. These are but some important factors which make the people of this age always unhappy
- There is a place named Danihata, near the Agradvipa railway station and Patuli in the district of Burdwan, where the Deity of Sri Gopinathaji is still situated. This Deity accepted Govinda Ghosa as His father
- There is even a temple of Hanuman near Govindaji temple in Vrndavana. Formerly this temple was in front of the Gopalaji temple, but the Gopalaji Deity went to Orissa to remain as Saksi-gopala
- There may be many lights, or even great elephants in the big city, but no one will take particular notice of them. But when such lights or elephants are seen near a small cottage, everyone can distinctly point them out
- There was a resident of Nadia named Paramesvara, who was a confectioner living near the home of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- There were many cows grazing near that tree, and the Lord was very pleased to see them
- There were many gardens near the Gundica temple, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and His devotees used to perform the pastimes of Vrndavana in each of them. In the lake named Indradyumna, He sported in the water
- They (Sandipani Muni and his wife) decided to ask for the return of their son, who had drowned in the ocean near the shore at Prabhasa-ksetra
- This institution can be affiliated with some nearby university
- This nearby come, the... Come near. Yes. This is specially meant for driving away the flies. Yes. This camara is meant for that. Even it is touching body, there is no harm
- Trees living for many, many years? Near San Francisco I have seen a forest where there is a tree seven thousand years old. But what is the benefit? If one is proud of standing in one place for seven thousand years, that is not a very great credit
- We have given houses with the purpose to execute devotional service exactly like the Brahmacaris and sannyasis. Otherwise, why purchase houses near the temple?
- We have given these houses with the purpose that they should execute devotional service exactly like the Brahmacaris and sannyasis. Otherwise, why purchase houses near the temple?
- We want to open a centre of magnificent proportions in Vrindaban City, as was discussed with Your Honor by my secretary, Sriman Ksirodakasayi das. I therefore request you to give us the one-acre piece of land near the Dak Bungalow for this purpose
- When a sober heroine sees her hero approaching from a distance, she immediately stands up to receive him. When he comes near, she immediately offers him a place to sit
- When Krsna walks near Govardhan Hill with these personal features, all the inhabitants of the heavenly planets, as well as the inhabitants of this earth, feel transcendental bliss and consider themselves the eternal servants of the Lord
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu arrived at a place known as Atharanala, near Jagannatha Puri, He sent Balabhadra Bhattacarya to call for His devotees
- When there is shivering of the body and the hairs of the body stand up, it is to be understood that the devotee is nearing perfection
- Who can guarantee that he is not nearing death? Everyone is nearing death at every moment. Why should you wait for old age? That is manda-mater, bad intelligence
- With great respect, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu seated Vallabha Bhatta near Him. Then Vallabha Bhatta very humbly began to speak
- Yama is situated in a planet near this earthly planet. After death those who are very sinful are taken there, and Yama arranges different kinds of punishments for them
- Yasoda said, "He (Krsna) is coming near, along with His surabhi calves, and just see how He is wandering upon the sacred land of Vrndavana
- You are just like a thief, for instead of coming near, you stay away at a distant place. Now that I have captured you, I shall punish you
- You can come to see me at Prayag. We are having our own camp there. It is proposed that my camp will be near the governor's camp. I'm going there by the 11th instant
- You cannot approach even sun. The scientists say even from so many millions of miles away, if a planet or somebody goes near the sun, immediately he will be burned into ashes