Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Close - near
close | closely | closeness | closer | closest
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Close - near"
The following 33 pages are in this category, out of 33 total.
- After Sarvabhauma said this, he went up to the top of the palace with the King and Gopinatha Acarya. At this time all the Vaisnava devotees from Bengal drew closer to the palace
- Among the Kuru dynasty, Bhisma, Maharaj Pariksit and Vidura are also known as close associates of Lord Krsna
- Anyone who is unwilling to follow our regulated principles, you should not live or associate closely with such a person
- As Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu lay on the raised platform with His eyes closed in ecstatic love and emotion, the King very expertly began to massage His legs
- At the present moment human civilization is too much attached to economic development and sense gratification and is therefore nearing the path of ruination
- I have had one desire for a very long time. I think that quite soon, my Lord, You will bring to a close Your pastimes within this material world
- In Laksmana's svayamvara assembly, when the girl was to select her husband, Samba appeared. He was a son of Krsna's by Jambavati, one of Lord Krsna's chief wives. This son Samba was so named because he was a pet child and always lived close to his mother
- In the city of Dvaraka the following devotees are known as Krsna's close associates: Uddhava, Daruka, Satyaki, Srutadeva, Satrujit, Nanda, Upananda and Bhadra. All of these personalities remain with the Lord as His secretaries
- In the conditioned state of life, one is closely related with maya as a friend, but when one comes in contact with Krsna one is freed from that relationship
- In this way Srila Rupa Gosvami passed his time in close association with Haridasa Thakura by discussing the pastimes of Lord Krsna in great happiness
- It is stated that Kamsa refrained from killing his close relation Devaki because if he had killed her, a great fight would have ensued among the other members of the family
- Many white lotus flowers were floating in the water, and as many bluish lotus flowers came nearby. As they came close together, the white and blue lotuses collided and began fighting with one another
- Murari Gupta, a physician and close associate of Sri Krsna Caitanya's, recorded extensive notes on the first twenty-four years of His life, culminating in His initiation into the renounced order, sannyasa
- My dear Bhadravardhana, there is no need to make these threatening motions. If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thundercloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull
- One should not sit closely with one's mother, sister or daughter, for the senses are so strong that they may attract even a person advanced in knowledge
- Our eyes can gather knowledge only under certain favorable conditions. We cannot see things that are too far away from us; we cannot penetrate the darkness, nor can we see things that are very close to the eye, such as our own eyelids
- Out of the many close associates of Lord Krsna, Uddhava is considered the best. The following is a description of him: "His body is blackish like the color of the Yamuna River, and it is similarly as cool
- The elderly friends said, "If you will all look more closely you will see that it is only a thunder cloud upon Govardhana Hill; it is not the Aristasura in the shape of a bull, as you have imagined"
- The living entity lives close to matter, but this does not mean that he merges or mixes with it (asango hy ayam purusah), although material scientists mistakenly see the organic and inorganic, or animate and inanimate, to be mixed
- The Maharashtriyan brahmana thought, "Whoever closely sees the characteristics of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately realizes His personality and accepts Him as the Supreme Lord"
- The worshipful Brahma first laughed at their stupidity (they wanted to copulate wih Lord Brahma), but finding the shameless asuras close upon him, he grew indignant and ran in great haste out of fear
- They are creating a great commotion about reaching the closest celestial body, Candraloka, or the moon, but even after much mechanical research they have only very scanty information of this moon
- We must have close cooperation between America and Germany for the successful publication of our BTG regularly in French, German and English languages
- While the doe was drinking with great satisfaction, a lion, which was very close, roared very loudly. This was frightful to every living entity, and it was heard by the doe