Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
intimate | intimately | intimacy
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Intimate"
The following 120 pages are in this category, out of 120 total.
- A person who is overly affected materially may take advantage of this movement and become intimately associated with it. In this way the confused and frustrated inhabitants of this material world may find the highest happiness in association with devotees
- A Vaisnava, a devotee, should simply discard intimate association with nondevotees
- A woman will enchant him with attractive glances, intimate words, smiles of love and then embraces. In this way she induces him to enjoy sex with her to her full satisfaction
- Akrura also saw His Lordship (Maha-Visnu) surrounded by intimate associates like the four Kumaras - Sanaka, Sanatana, Sananda and Sanat-kumara - and other associates like Sunanda and Nanda, as well as demigods like Brahma and Lord Siva
- All the Mulliks of the De family originally belong to the same family and gotra. We also formerly belonged to the branch of the De family whose members, intimately connected with the Muslim rulers, received the title Mullik
- Amongst my Godbrothers no one is qualified to become acarya. So it is better not to mix with my Godbrothers very intimately because instead of inspiring our students and disciples they may sometimes pollute them
- An ordinary grhastha, or... Grhastha only, If he talks with woman nobody will blame. He is grhastha. But if a sannyasi talks with woman very intimately, oh, immediately people will take note of it
- Anyone else who claims to know it must have heard it from him, for he was the most intimate companion of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Association with the Supreme Personality of Godhead makes one qualified like the Lord. As we have discussed previously, one can achieve seventy-eight percent of the godly qualities by the Lord's intimate association
- Balarama said, "We have all heard this news (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika faught with Samba improperly), but we are not very much agitated because we are most intimately related to one another"
- Because of my intimate relationship with them, I have absolved Gopinatha Pattanayaka of all his debts. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu does not know this fact. Whatever I have done is because of my intimate relationship with the family of Bhavananda Raya
- Before His personal appearance, the Lord causes some of His devotees to appear as His mother, father and intimate associates. He then appears later as if He were taking birth and growing from a baby to a child and gradually into a youth
- Bodily relationships are so transient that even though one is affectionate towards someone in a bodily relationship, a slight provocation terminates this intimacy
- Brahma said, "I am simply surprised with the fortunate position of Maharaja Nanda, mother Yasoda and the cowherd men & gopis, because You, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth, are existing here as their most intimate lovable object"
- By intimate association with the king, the dasis would get sons. Such sons were called dasi-putras. They had no claim to a royal position, but they would get maintenance and other facilities just like princes
- By the time the Lord finished all these daily duties and activities, His charioteer Daruka would come with His wonderful chariot to stand before the Lord with folded hands, intimating that the chariot was ready
- Father and son. They are intimately related. It may be the son has gone out of home for many years, but as soon as he meets his father, again the same love between father and son revives
- For the Lord there is nothing but spiritual existence, and similarly there is nothing except spiritual existence for the pure devotee of the Lord in his intimate relation with the Lord
- From then on, the fortunate prince was one of the most intimate devotees of the Lord
- Garga Muni intimated to Nanda Maharaja that the female child was born of Yasoda and that Krsna was born of Devaki & they were exchanged. Also, the female child, Durga, had informed Kamsa that the child who would kill him was already born somewhere else
- Garga Muni said, "Because your family and the family of the Yadus are so intimately connected & attracted, His name will also be Sankarsana." This means that Garga Muni awarded three names to the son of Rohini - namely Balarama, Sankarsana and Baladeva
- Gopinatha Acarya was the brother-in-law of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya; therefore their relationship was very sweet and intimate
- He (a businessman) then inquires from his business friend how he should act, and sometimes presents are exchanged. Thus whenever there is a dealing of priti, or love in intimate dealings, these six activities are executed
- He (Krsna) was appreciative, therefore, that both the girl and her father were eager to have Him as their intimate relative
- Here in Los Angeles, we have found that there is a group of about 40 devotees who privately meet to discuss the intimate pastimes artificially thinking that they can enter into the understanding of the gopis prematurely
- His friendship with Arjuna was so intimate that when Arjuna prepared himself to die by entering a fire, Krsna wanted to give him complete protection
- How, then, could the Pandavas tolerate His separation, for they had been intimately associated with His person, seeing Him face to face, touching Him, conversing with Him, and sleeping, sitting and dining with Him?
- I (Kamsa) have acted just like a demon in killing my own nephews - your children - and thereby I have given up all consideration of our intimate relationship. I do not know what will be the result of these envious acts of mine
- I have established ISKCON centers for the purpose of catching up the Lotus Feet of Krishna by intimate connection with the spiritual master; these are my authorized centers for that purpose
- I have heard a serious complaint against you that you are in intimate relation with Aradhana's wife Santanu. I am not only surprised but I cannot believe that a nice boy like you should be thus accused
- I offer you praise not because I think of you as being outside an intimate relationship with Me but because you are actually so qualified that one is forced to praise your qualities
- If there is ample reason for the dissolution of a conjugal relationship and yet such a dissolution does not take place, such a relationship of intimate love is called pure
- If there is little pain in the finger, I become so much disturbed because I have got intimate connection with this finger. Similarly, we have got intimate connection with Krsna, and we are fallen. Therefore Krsna also feels little pain
- In general, love of Godhead is devoid of the intimacy of ownership. In the case of love in servitude, there is a want of confidence. There is a want of increased affection in the fraternal relationship
- In our intimate relationship, I am also the same lover, yet still my mind is not happy here. I am eager to go back to that place on the bank of the Reva under the Vetasi tree. That is my desire
- In the conditioned state the living being is not satisfied even if he actually becomes the lord of all that he surveys, which he never becomes, and therefore he becomes the victim of all kinds of cheating, even with his nearest and most intimate relations
- In the transcendental fraternal relationship known as sakhya-rasa, there are three transcendental characteristics: the sense of greatness, the sense of service, and the sense of intimacy without awe or veneration
- It is said that the relationship between the Nawab of Bengal and Sanatana Gosvami was very intimate
- It is the nature of santa-rasa that not even the smallest intimacy exists. Rather, knowledge of impersonal Brahman and localized Paramatma is prominent
- Just as Lord Siva worships Sankarsana in Ilavrta-varsa, Bhadrasrava, accompanied by his intimate servants and all the residents of the land, worships the plenary expansion of Vasudeva known as Hayasirsa
- Just as the English government gives rich and respectable persons the title "lord," so the Muslims give the title Mullik to rich, respectable families that have intimate connections with the government
- Just like a flock of birds - although very intimately related, everyone of them has to fly in the sky by individual strength. If one is less strong, the other cannot keep him in the sky. That is the law of nature
- Krsna is a thunderbolt to the wrestlers; to the common man He is the most beautiful human being; to the young girls He is just like Cupid; to the cowherd men and women He is the most intimate relative and to the impious kings He is the supreme ruler
- Krsna's father's sister, Kunti, was the mother of the Pandavas, and Kunti was the family daughter-in-law in the Kurus' family. So they were very intimately related
- Krtavarma was a devotee, but because of his intimate association with Kamsa, he was contaminated by sinful reactions, and he also joined the conspiracy
- Nanda Maharaj is the foster father of Krsna, and out of all of the friends of Krsna, Subala is the most intimate in Brajabhumi
- Narada describes his previous life to his disciple Vyasadeva. He says that while engaged as a boy servant for those purified devotees during the four months of their stay, he was intimately associating with them
- Naradaji has therefore explained the nature of unalloyed devotional service by his personal experience in the development of intimacy between the Lord and the living entity by a gradual process of progressive devotional activities
- Nilambara Cakravarti, the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was very intimately related to Raghunatha dasa's father and uncle. Nilambara Cakravarti used to call them his younger brothers
- No one can calculate the Lord exactly; every action of the Lord is bewildering to the common man. He cannot be understood by the Vedic knowledge, but He can be easily understood by the pure devotees because they are intimately related with Him
- No one can understand the loving intimacy between Gadadhara Pandita and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Gadadhara Pandita gave up his vow and service to Gopinatha just as one gives up a piece of straw
- Nor should we extend invitations to Mayavadis and atheists nor accept their invitations, for by such intimate intermingling we may become affected by their atheistic mentality (sangat sanjayate kamah)
- Of Ciranjiva's two sons, the elder, Ramacandra Kaviraja, was a disciple of Srinivasa Acarya and an intimate associate of Narottama dasa Thakura. The younger son was Govinda dasa Kaviraja, the famous Vaisnava poet
- On the platform of conjugal love, attachment for Krsna, rendering service unto Him, the relaxed feelings of fraternity and the feelings of maintenance all increase in intimacy
- Once the boy and girl unite intimately the hard knot is formed, and the girl is thinking Oh, without him I am lost, and the boy is thinking Oh, without her I am lost, that is Maya's arrangement for keeping us bound-up tightly in the material atmosphere
- One can achieve seventy-eight percent of the godly qualities by the Lord's intimate association
- Sati wanted to impress upon her husband (Lord Siva) that even those who were not related to her father (Daksa) were also going, to say nothing of herself, who was intimately related with him
- Seeing Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's intimate dealings with Sri Ramananda Raya, all the devotees there were astonished
- Since Jagannatha Puri and Navadvipa are intimately related - as if they were two rooms in the same house - people from Navadvipa generally go to Jagannatha Puri, and those in Jagannatha Puri go to Navadvipa
- Somehow or other if a conditioned soul surrenders to such personalities (Krsna, Lord Caitanya or His representatives) and by intimate association with them chances to become Krsna conscious, he is saved from the material conditions of life
- Sri Balarama expressed His desire to remain in Mithila City for some days because He enjoyed an intimate friendship with the King. Therefore, Krsna returned to Dvaraka, and Balarama entered the city of Mithila
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu accepted her as having formerly been an associate of Srimati Radharani. In the entire world, three and a half people were His intimate devotees
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My mind is not under My control. It does not like to see anyone in the renounced order who talks intimately with women"
- Sri Suta said: On the western bank of the River Sarasvati, which is intimately related with the Vedas, there is a cottage for meditation at Samyaprasa which enlivens the transcendental activities of the sages
- Srimati Radharani continued, "Surpanakha proposed an intimate relationship with Him, and as a ksatriya He (Ramacandra) should have satisfied her. But He was so henpecked that He could not forget Sita-devi and converted Surpanakha into an ugly woman"
- Sundarananda, another branch of Sri Nityananda Prabhu, was Lord Nityananda's most intimate servant. Lord Nityananda Prabhu perceived the life of Vrajabhumi in his company
- Svarupa Damodara Gosvami and Pundarika Vidyanidhi had a friendly, intimate relationship, and as far as discussing topics about Krsna, they were situated on the same platform
- Svarupa Gosani is the most intimate associate of the Lord. He therefore knows all these topics well
- The Absolute, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is most intimately related to all living entities
- The degree of intimacy shared by Krsna and Subala can be understood by the fact that the talks between them were so confidential that no one else could understand what they were saying
- The educational system in the human form of life should be so perfect that one will understand his intimate relationship with God, or Visnu. Every living entity has an intimate relationship with God
- The essence of fraternal love is intimacy devoid of the formality and veneration found in dasya-rasa
- The jivatma, the living entity, is eternally servitor of Krsna, and one should understand the nature of his master so that his service attitude, his affection, may be more intimate
- The Lord and the living entity are intimately related like father and son. Unfortunately, because of material contact, the living entity forgets this and wants to enjoy the material world independently, according to his own plan
- The Lord replied, "I cannot tolerate seeing the face of a person who has accepted the renounced order of life but who still talks intimately with a woman"
- The queens continued, "Dear black cloud, we must admit frankly that to establish an intimate relationship with Syamasundara means to purchase unnecessary anxieties while we are otherwise comfortable at home"
- The ultimate goal is here. One should be always abiding with God, worshiping Him, transcendental loving service, and intimately united with Him, intimately. This intimate unity means that five kinds of relationship. That is the perfection of yoga
- There are many persons with little in their possession who accept the renounced order of life like monkeys. They go here and there engaging in sense gratification and speaking intimately with women
- There is an intimate relationship between the swan and the lotus stem. So the comparison is very appropriate: without becoming a swan, or paramahamsa, one cannot enter into the network stem of the lotus feet of the Lord
- There is no harm in coeducation in the schools and colleges, provided the boys and girls are duly married, and in case there is any intimate connection between a male and female student, they should be married properly without illicit relation
- There is, however, an intimate relation between the hairs on the body and the vegetation on the body of the earth. The vegetables are nourishment for the skin both as food and medicine
- These atheists are all against the revealed scriptures because such persons are intimately attached to sense pleasures and gross materialism
- This is not my business to make intimate relation with woman and get money. I could do. There was chance. When attempt was failed, the man who introduced that woman to me, he one day said, "I have seen many swamis, but none like you"
- This is the fault of My own destiny. Why should I needlessly accuse you? There is no intimate relationship between you and Me. Krsna, however, is My life and soul. It is We who live together, and it is He who has become so cruel
- To describe the fortunate position of Ramananda Raya and Svarupa Damodara Gosvami is extremely difficult. They were renowned as intimately confidential friends of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- To talk with a person is not mixing. You see? Mixing means, intimate mixing, there are six symptoms. When you eat, when you call him to eat, when you give, when you take, when you talk your heart, when you hear his heart. These are called intimate mixing
- We are all part and parcel of God. Therefore, just like you are part and parcel of your parent, so there is some intimate relationship with your parents. It cannot be broken, even if you are absent from home for many years
- We have got this body from mother. Therefore we have got very natural affinity with mother. The child can forget his father, but he cannot forget his mother. Mother's relationship is so intimate
- When Haridasa Thakura and Rupa Gosvami saw that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had come with His intimate devotees, they both immediately fell down like logs and offered prayers to their lotus feet
- When people know that the Supreme Lord, Krsna, is the supreme enjoyer, the supreme proprietor and the most intimate well-wishing friend of all living entities, peace and prosperity will ensue all over the world
- When we serve Krsna with love and affection, understanding that we are very intimately related, part and parcel, that is spiritual life
- Why has Sri Advaita been called a limb and not a part? The reason is that "limb" implies greater intimacy