Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
distance | distant | distances | distantly
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Distance"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.
- Above the moon by a distance of 200,000 yojanas are some stars, and above these stars is Sukra-graha (Venus), whose influence is always auspicious for the inhabitants of the entire universe
- Accompanied by his personal staff, the King also came there and watched from a distance, and all the queens watched from the elevated parts of the palace
- According to religious principles, stool, urine, wash water, must be left at a long distance. Attached bathrooms, urinals, may be very convenient amenities of modern civilization, but they are ordered to be situated at a distance from residential quarters
- According to their (modern scientists) experience, the moon is full of dust, but this does not explain how it gives us soothing rays from a distance of millions of miles
- After bathing in the river, the Lord walked a little distance from the bathing place and engaged in chanting the holy name of Krsna
- After entering Dvaraka, Krsna was received in different ways by different members of His family. Upon seeing their husband from a distance, the queens of Dvaraka immediately embraced Him within their minds and slowly glanced over Him
- After following him (Sankhacuda) a very short distance, Krsna caught him, struck his head with His fist and killed him. He then took the valuable jewel and returned
- After He had followed Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for some distance, Advaita Acarya was petitioned by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu with folded hands. The Lord spoke the following sweet words
- After seeing the temple of Jagannatha from a distant place, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately became ecstatic. After offering obeisances to the temple, He began to dance in the ecstasy of love of God
- After traversing a very long distance, the brothers (Krsna and Balarama) pretended to become tired. To mitigate Their weariness, They climbed up a mountain many miles above sea level
- All the kings in the neighboring area had left their homes in fear of Kamsa and were living in distant parts of the country
- All these fruits are collected from distant places and bought at a high price. After trimming them with great care and purity, Raghava Pandita offers them to the Deity
- Although His (Krsna's) lotus feet were as soft as the petals of a lotus flower, He proceeded for a very long distance on foot
- Although our eyes, for example, have the power to see, they cannot see that which is situated at a distance, nor can they see the eyelid, which is the object nearest to the eye
- An example of pravasa, or being out of contact because of living in a distant place, is given in the Padyavali as follows
- Anything which is beyond the scope of experience by our imperfect senses can be realized fully by the sound representation. A person transmitting sound from a far distant place can be factually experienced
- As the fire spread more and more, Krsna and Balarama jumped from the top of the mountain down to the ground - a distance of eighty-eight miles. Thus, while the peak was burning up, Krsna and Balarama escaped, unseen by Jarasandha or his men
- As the saintly sages approached the hunter's place, the hunter could see them from a distance
- Asvatthama, the murderer of the princes, seeing from a great distance Arjuna coming at him with great speed, fled in his chariot, panic stricken, just to save his life, as Brahma fled in fear from Siva
- Because the relationship between these cousins (Rukmi and Rukmini) was distant, such a marriage was not uncommon
- Below the abodes of the Yaksas and Raksasas by a distance of 100 yojanas (800 miles) is the planet earth. Its upper limits extend as high as swans, hawks, eagles and similar large birds can fly
- Both the Lord's Deity form and the spiritual master should be seen from a distant place. This is called maryada. Otherwise, as it is said, familiarity breeds contempt
- Fatigue is felt after walking a long distance, after dancing and after sex activity. In this kind of fatigue there is dizziness, perspiration, inactivity of the limbs, yawning and very heavy breathing
- From a distance, people mistakenly think that they are seeing Krsna dancing on the body of the Kaliya serpent
- From a distance, the brothers Rupa Gosvami and Sri Vallabha fell on the ground and offered obeisances to Vallabha Bhatta with great humility
- From a distant place, Gopinatha Acarya and Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya watched the meeting of all the Vaisnavas with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- From a distant place, if you see that a railway engine is coming, you'll see the light. So a rascal will say, "A light is coming." (laughter) But one who knows, he will say a train is coming. So it is less intelligent
- From distant place, we see the sun globe also glowing. And the sunshine is also glowing. Similarly, Brahman, Paramatma and Bhagavan, they are one, the glowing or the light, but still, there is difference
- Haridasa Thakura did not come to the Lord's meeting place but remained fallen flat on the common road at a distance
- He could travel in space by his great mystic powers, and it is understood that he traveled a great distance through space, even up to the Vaikuntha planets beyond material space. He traveled all these long distances within one year
- He got up alone one night and left, but his father caught him in a distant place and brought him back
- Hearing the song from a distance, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately became ecstatic. He did not know whether it was a man or a woman singing
- His son replied, "The Deity may be a witness, but He is in a distant country. How can He come to bear witness against you? Why are you so anxious over this"
- I am now 75 years old. I never thought how far I shall be able to travel such a long distance. But as people say I am still younger, then maybe sooner or later I shall come back to New York again
- I can understand that this Bhagavata-dharma discourse can be held anywhere all over the world and people will come in large numbers such great distance and under all kinds of hardships just to hear our discourse
- I cannot tax my brain so much from such distant place what to do if there is any difficulty, therefore I am relying completely on you, my trusted senior disciples, to finish up these things nicely
- I note that you have returned from another successful preaching mission in distant parts of Africa. I am always so much pleased to hear such good news how the traveling preachers are spreading this KC movement to every nook and corner of the world
- I take it for granted that you are one of the selected devotees of Lord Caitanya, and therefore from within your heart He has inspired you to go to such a distant place, leaving your parents and home, just to satisfy Krsna
- I was pet child of my father whom I lost in 1930, and since then nobody was taking care of me as affectionate son. But Krishna has sent me so many fathers to take care of me in a far distant place in USA
- In his inspired state, Nakula Brahmacari said, "Sivananda Sena is staying some distance away. Two or four of you go call him"
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is said that the Absolute Truth is realized by different person according to different angle of vision. Just like if you see from a distant place one mountain, you find something cloudy
- In this material world also, one who is unable to pay to go to a far distant place by motorized conveyances can only understand about that place from authentic books. Similarly, the Vaikuntha planets in the spiritual sky are beyond this material sky
- In this way, from distant villages he collects excellent bananas, mangoes, oranges, jackfruits and whatever other first-class fruits he has heard about
- It is said that this impersonal Brahman is the distant realization of the Absolute Truth
- It is very good to hear from you and that you are chanting and trying to follow my instructions, even though you are so far distant from any of our centers. This proves the potency of Lord Caitanya's mission
- Jagannath Puri and Benares is not less than about eight hundred miles distance. So in those days there was no railway, no other conveyance. Caitanya Mahaprabhu had to travel through the jungles, and He came back to Jagannath Puri
- Just a little distance away from Krsna was mother Yasoda, and Krsna was surrounded by all of His friends. In front of His eyes was Candravali, and, at the same time, on a chunk of stone in front of the entrance to Vraja stood the demon known as Vrsasura
- Just as a person born recently in a family cannot understand the situation of his distant forefather, no one within this material world can understand the position of the Supreme Lord in the spiritual world
- Krsna said, "We three (Krsna, Arjuna & Bhima) guests at your royal palace have come from a great distance to ask you for charity, and we hope that you will kindly bestow upon us whatever we ask from you. We know about your good qualities"
- Krsna was sitting on the bedstead of Queen Rukmini. Even from a considerable distance He could see the brahmana coming to His home, He could recognize him as His friend
- Merely seeing the moon from a distance cannot enable one to understand the real situation of the moon. One has to cross Manasa Lake and then Sumeru Mountain, and only then can one trace out the orbit of the moon
- Mohini-murti, the Personality of Godhead, gave the demigods seats at a distance. Then She approached the demons and spoke with them very graciously, so that they thought themselves very fortunate to talk with Her
- My dear Srimati Radharani, I (Krsna) am always subservient to the loving affairs of all of you. I am under your control only. My separation from you and residence in distant places have occurred due to My strong misfortune
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that these literature are the "Brhat Mrdanga," that is to say, the big mrdanga, because like the mrdanga which can be heard from a long distance, simply a few words can have a tremendous effect on millions of people
- O Dhananjaya, keep all abominable activities far distant by devotional service, and in that consciousness surrender unto the Lord. Those who want to enjoy the fruits of their work are misers
- O Lord, we are very unhappy. We have come a long distance to see You. Please be merciful and show us Your favor
- One day Jagadananda, Svarupa, Govinda, Kasisvara, Sankara, Damodara and Mukunda all went to bathe in the sea. They could hear Haridasa singing from a distant place as if calling them in his original voice
- One day the king asked him, "Gopala, what is the difference between you and an ass?" So he immediately measured the distance from the king. He said, "It is three feet only, sir. The difference is only three feet." So everyone began to laugh
- One feels fatigue after walking a long distance, after dancing and after sexual activity. In this kind of fatigue there is dizziness, perspiration, inactivity of the limbs, yawning and very heavy breathing
- Out of profound affection for Lord Krsna, the Pandavas, who were of the Kuru dynasty, accompanied Him a considerable distance to see Him off
- Sanatana Gosvami offered his obeisances and dandavats from a distant place, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called him again and again to embrace him
- Seeing the ecstatic love of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Nityananda Prabhu did not approach but remained a little distance away
- Seeing the Lord from a distance, the two brothers put two clumps of straw between their teeth and immediately fell down on the ground like rods, offering Him obeisances
- Since the moon is so distant, how space vehicles could go there is a doubtful mystery. Modern scientific calculations are subject to one change after another, and therefore they are uncertain. We have to accept the calculations of the Vedic literature
- Since the sun is in the middle of the universe, the distance between the sun and the edge of the universe is calculated to be twenty-five koti yojanas (two billion miles)
- Spiritually there is no question of separation, even physically we may be in far distant place
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu laughed, cried, danced and made many ecstatic vibrations and sounds. Although the temple was only six miles away, to Him the distance seemed thousands of miles
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu received them all, just as He had in previous years. The women, however, saw the Lord from a distance
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then saw in the distance that Haridasa Thakura was lying down flat on the road offering obeisances
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was repeatedly calling, "Haridasa, Haridasa," and at that time Haridasa, standing at a distance, spoke as follows
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was running very rapidly, and the girl was only a short distance away. Just then Govinda caught the Lord in his arms and cried, "It is a woman singing"
- Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura has given accurate astronomical information about the location of Lokaloka Mountain, the movements of the sun globe and the distance between the sun and the circumference of the universe
- Staying at a distant place in the courtyard, he fell down to offer obeisances. Then Mukunda Datta said, "Here is Raghunatha"
- Stool, urine, wash water, etc., must be left at a long distance. Attached bathrooms, urinals, etc. may be very convenient amenities of modern civilization, but they are ordered to be situated at a distance from residential quarters
- Stopping the demon, the Lord (Narayana) addressed him as follows, "My dear son of Sakuni, you appear very tired, as if coming from a very distant place"
- The Bhattacarya said, "One should eat the maha-prasadam of the Lord immediately upon receiving it, even though it is dried up, stale or brought from a distant country. One should consider neither time nor place"
- The distance between the sun and the circumference of Anda-golaka, the globe of the universe, is estimated to be twenty-five koti yojanas (two billion miles)
- The distance from Delhi to Vrndavana is not very much. By car it is two and a half hours and by bus it is four hours. So if you come timely in Delhi that is all right, otherwise you have to come via Delhi to Vrndavana. So do the needful
- The ear is the most important instrument in the body of the living entity. Sound is the most important medium for carrying the message of distant and unknown things
- The first purusa casts His glance at maya from a distance, and thus He impregnates her with the seed of life in the form of the living entities
- The fortunate King said: Indeed, we are the most grateful of all the kings who are trained to get favors from the great souls. Generally you (sages) consider royalty as refuse to be rejected and left in a distant place
- The gopis continued, "Krsna, however, is not coming to Her. He must be watching Her from a distant place and enjoying Her sorrow"
- The gopis said, seeing Krsna from a distant place, "Just see! here within a bush is Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja"
- The Lord's body was stretched, and His skin was slack and hanging loose. To lift Him and take Him the long distance home would have been impossible
- The material energy, maya, never even touches the Causal Ocean, for the Lord’s glance focuses upon her from a great distance away
- The mystics said, "Simply by seeing You (Krsna) from a distant place, I have come to the conclusion that there is no need of my being situated in the transcendental bliss of impersonal Brahman"
- The other day I saw you both Krsna & Subala standing together, & you were keeping your hand upon Krsna's shoulder, & both of you were joyfully smiling. When I saw this in the distance, my eyes at once became overflooded with tears
- The Personality of Godhead Ramacandra, being aggrieved for His distant intimate friend (Sita), glanced over the city of the enemy Ravana with red-hot eyes like those of Hara (who wanted to burn the kingdom of heaven)
- The river of Srimati Radharani has reached You from a long distance - leaving far behind the tree of Her husband, breaking through the bridge of social convention, and forcibly crossing the hills of elder relatives
- The sun is situated (vertically) in the middle of the universe, in the area between Bhurloka and Bhuvarloka, which is called antariksa, outer space. The distance between the sun and the circumference of the universe is twenty-five koti yojanas
- The total orbit of the sun is four times that distance, or 95,100,000 yojanas (760,800,000 miles)
- The whole basis of the devotional service is utsaha. Just like unless there was utsaha, how a man of seventy years old, without any hope, could go to such distant place from Vrndavana to New York? The only platform was utsaha
- There is no one as merciful as Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu within all three worlds. Simply by seeing Him from a distance, one is overwhelmed with love of Godhead
- They (Dvaraka and Vidarbha) are separated by a distance of not less than one thousand miles, but the horses were so fast that they reached their destination, a town called Kundina, within one night or, at most, twelve hours
- They (the gopis) watched the flag on the chariot as long as it was visible; finally they could see only the dust of the chariot in the distance. The gopis did not move from their places but stood until the chariot could not be seen at all
- This river falls a distance of 10,000 yojanas, from the summit of Merumandara to the southern side of Ilavrta, and floods the entire land of Ilavrta with juice
- We are not outsiders. Being very dear friends of Srimati Radharani, we can perceive the bodily fragrance of Krsna from a distance
- What can I do from such distant place?
- When a sober heroine sees her hero approaching from a distance, she immediately stands up to receive him. When he comes near, she immediately offers him a place to sit
- When I landed in Boston, I wrote one Bengali poetry to Krishna that I do not know why You have brought me to such a distant place where everything is opposite number, and how will I be able to convince them about this Krishna Consciousness Movement?
- When Krsna jumped into the water, the river overflooded its banks to a distance of one hundred yards, as if something very large had fallen into it. This exhibition of Krsna’s strength is not at all uncommon, because He is the reservoir of all strength
- When Krsna was fleeing away from the battlefield, from a distant place Jarasandha was watching Him with restless eyes and was feeling very proud. Being thus puffed up with his conquest, he was repeatedly laughing. This is an example of aparasa
- When Lord Krsna went ahead to a distant place in order to see some specific scenery, the boys behind Him ran to try to catch up and be the first to touch Him. So there was a great competition
- When mother Yasoda was trying to bind the offending child, she saw that the binding rope was short by a distance the width of two fingers. Thus she brought another rope to join to it
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu left, the brahmana Kurma followed Him a great distance, but eventually Lord Caitanya took care to send him back home
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu started for Mathura, all three devotees started to go with Him. But the Lord forbade them to accompany Him, and from a distance He asked them to return home
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu touched him, both the leprosy and his distress went to a distant place. Indeed, Vasudeva's body became very beautiful, to his great happiness
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to see Lord Jagannatha in the temple, Haridasa would stay a long distance away and see Him
- When the distant planets were informed of the passing away of Bhismadeva, all the inhabitants of the upper planets as well as of the earth dropped showers of flowers to show due respect to the departed great personality
- When Vallabha Bhattacarya walked toward them, they ran away to a more distant place. Rupa Gosvami said, "I am untouchable and most sinful. Please do not touch me"
- While dancing absorbed in Srimati Radharani’s ecstatic love, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appeared in Her very form. Seeing this from a distant place, Nityananda Prabhu offered prayers
- Why they are inventing these such new things like marching and japa like military? What can I do from such a distant place? They should run and play when they are small children, not forced to chant japa, that is not the way
- With great deliberation, they have established the truth that the distance between Sumeru and the mountain known as Lokaloka is one fourth of the diameter of the universe - or, in other words, 125,000,000 yojanas (1 billion miles)
- You are just like a thief, for instead of coming near, you stay away at a distant place. Now that I have captured you, I shall punish you
- You have asked me something for which it is difficult to answer from such a distant place. You are grown up girl you should rather decide what to do. Fix up your mind always in Krishna and He will give you good counsel