query: "krsna* instruct*"@5
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Instructions of the Bhagavad-gita (1 C, 112 P)
- ► Krsna's Instructions to Radharani (1 P)
- ► Message of the Bhagavad-gita (23 P)
- ► Words of the Bhagavad-gita (24 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Instructions"
The following 240 pages are in this category, out of 240 total.
- All of you become spiritual masters. Your duty is simply to talk to whomever you meet of Krsna, or of the instructions given by Krsna
- If you want to be happy at all, then this is My instruction: sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam sa... (Bg. 18.66). Krsna is repeatedly saying this to everyone
- Uddhava Gita: 01 - Lord Krsna Instructs Uddhava
- A concrete example is Arjuna. He fought very chivalrously under the instructions of the Lord, and the Lord certified him to be the best devotee and friend of the Lord. So there is no distinction between chanting and offering the results of one's activity
- A devotee cares about the instructions of Krsna, not those of demons or nondevotees. He does not give any respect to a demon, even though the demon be his father
- A direct instruction from Krsna is more important than any Vedic instruction or even regulative service
- A juggler, a magician or one who speaks nonsense as an academic career is not a guru. Rather, a guru is one who presents Bhagavad-gita, Krsna's instructions, as it is
- A surgical operation is not meant to kill the patient, but to cure him. Therefore the fighting to be executed by Arjuna at the instruction of Krsna is with full knowledge, so there is no possibility of sinful reaction
- According to the instruction of Lord Krsna, Nanda Maharaja and the cowherd men called in learned brahmanas and began to worship Govardhana Hill by chanting Vedic hymns and offering prasadam
- Actually Arjuna was considering himself master of his actions, as if he were directing the good and bad results of such work. He forgot that the Supreme Personality of Godhead was present there, instructing him to fight
- Adi-kavi means Brahma. Brahma, Adi-kavi. So tene brahma. Brahma means sabda-brahman, Vedic literature. So Krsna instructed or imparted in the heart of Brahma
- After being instructed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, all the wives returned home to their respective husbands
- After delivering His instructions to the kings and princes, Lord Krsna immediately arranged for their comfort and asked many servants and maidservants to take care of them
- After instructing Indra, Lord Krsna asked him to return to his kingdom in the heavenly planets and to remember always that he is never the supreme but is always subordinate to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Akrura also considered the necessity of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord. He thought that the transcendental activities, instructions, qualities and pastimes of Krsna are all for the good fortune of people in general
- All activities performed in this consciousness constitute true renunciation, or yukta-vairagya, as opposed to false renuniciation, or phalgu-vairagya. By instructing Arjuna to act in this way, the Supreme Lord has ordered us to do so as well
- Also, when the gopis first came to Him, He gave instructions to them to return to their homes. To call the wives of other persons or young girls & enjoy dancing with them is certainly abominable according to the Vedas. Why should Krsna have done this?
- Although Krsna previously explained the proficiency of executing Vedic rituals, performing fruitive activity as enjoined in the Vedas, practicing yoga and cultivating jnana, these last instructions are most powerful and stand above all the others
- Anyone who is a sincere devotee of Lord Krsna and who preaches this cult, speaking only on the basis of Krsna's instructions, is understood to be virajam, or free from the defects of material contamination
- Arjuna said, My dear Krsna, O infallible one, my illusion is now gone. I have regained my memory by Your mercy, and I am now firm and free from doubt and am prepared to act according to Your instructions. BG 18.73 - 1972
- Arjuna said: I have heard Your instruction on confidential spiritual matters which You have so kindly delivered unto me, and my illusion is now dispelled. BG 11.1 - 1972
- Arjuna said: The sun-god Vivasvan is senior by birth to You. How am I to understand that in the beginning You instructed this science to him?
- Arjuna was a military man. He was not a Vedantist. He was a grhastha, not even a sannyasi. Why Krsna selected to instruct Arjuna as the disciple of the renovated parampara system? That is also spoken by Krsna
- Aryans do not deviate from the instructions of Krsna, nor do they have doubts about Krsna, but non-Aryans and other demoniac people fail to follow the instructions of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam
- As soon as you surrender to Krsna immediately you are mukta. Immediately, instantly. It is in your hand. You follow Krsna's instruction, do the needful, you are mukta. Chant Hare Krsna
- Because Arjuna's lamentation was on the bodily concept of life. That bodily concept of life, in the very beginning of Krsna's instructions, it is condemned
- Because of the Lord's pastimes and activities and because of His absence, it appeared that Arjuna forgot the instructions left by the Personality of Godhead. But factually this was not the case, and again he became lord of his senses
- Because our cows know very well that we are not going to kill them, they are happy, and they give ample milk. Therefore this instruction given by Lord Krsna - go-raksya - is extremely meaningful
- Because they are not giving any importance to the instructions of Krsna, the advancement of their so-called civilization resembles the crazy efforts of men in a lunatic asylum
- Because you are My very dear friend, I am speaking to you My supreme instruction, the most confidential knowledge of all. Hear this from Me, for it is for your benefit
- Bhagavata-dharma means living according to the instructions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. In Bhagavad-gita we find that the Supreme Lord has arranged human society in four social divisions, namely brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra
- Bilvamangala Thakura said, "All glories to Cintamani and my initiating spiritual master, Somagiri. All glories to my instructing spiritual master, the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Krsna), who wears peacock feathers in His crown"
- Brahma is the first created being, so Brahma was instructed the sruti, perfect knowledge, by Krsna. Krsna is the original spiritual master. Vedanta-vit
- By His pleasing smiles, His affectionate behavior, His instructions and His uncommon pastimes like raising Govardhana Hill, the Lord, appearing in His transcendental body, pleased all of human society
- By the will of the Lord he (Yudhisthira) became just like a common man because there was another great idea behind this delusion: the King would be instructed by Bhisma as Arjuna was instructed by the Lord Himself
- By this act (teaching King Indra a lesson) Lord Krsna taught human society, as He has instructed in the Bhagavad-gita also, that one should worship the Supreme Lord by all acts and by all their results. That will bring about the desired success
- Devarsi Narada was directly instructed by Brahmaji, who was also directly instructed by the Supreme Lord; therefore the instructions imparted by Narada to his various disciples are as good as those of the Supreme Lord
- Don't deviate from the instruction of Krsna. Very directly, bhagavan uvaca, directly Bhagavan is speaking. You take advantage of it. There is solution of all problems of the world if you refer to Bhagavad-gita
- Don't feel yourself to be alone because Krishna is always with you. Krishna is always with every living entity as Supersoul, and to His devotee especially He talks and gives instructions how to attain the perfectional stage of meeting Him
- Don't waste your time for material happiness. You simply save your time for development of Krsna consciousness. Then you will be happy. Then you will be free. That is the instruction of Krsna
- Even the most intelligent men will be bewildered regarding the standard actions of Krsna consciousness. For this reason, the Lord decided to instruct Arjuna in Krsna consciousness directly
- Everyone should be prepared to propagate this movement (of Krsna consciousness). As instructed by Lord Caitanya, one should be humbler than the grass on the ground and more tolerant than the tree
- Everything has its use, and how to use it properly, that is all described in the Bhagavad-gita. And if you take instruction of Krsna and ultimately surrender to Him, that is success of life
- Everything is already there but it is now mixed up; we want to bring the whole world in to order by giving the right directions to all classes of men. Right direction means to deliver the instructions of Krishna
- Finally, He instructed Uddhava about transcendental life and devotion and then returned to His abode in His original form
- For the ordinary man who wants to lord it over material nature, the Lord (Krsna) not only sanctions and becomes a witness of activities, but He never gives the nondevotee instructions for going back to Godhead
- From the Bhagavad-gita we understand that because Krsna has a sac-cid-ananda body, He did not forget instructing the sun-god about the Bhagavad-gita millions of years ago
- He (a devotee) is concerned with Krsna - His speech, His instructions, etc. It is because Krsna is there that the battlefield is so important
- He (Arjuna) could realize that the Lord was still present before him by His instruction, by His form, by His pastimes, by His qualities and everything else related to Him
- He (Krsna) also instructs from within, so that the devotee may very quickly make advancement towards spiritual perfection
- He (Krsna) has delivered wonderful instructions in the shape of the Bhagavad-gita. He has shown marvelous capacities as a hero, as a householder, as a teacher and as a renouncer
- He (Krsna) is the proprietor of Fiji also. There is no doubt about it. So the inhabitants of Fiji, if you take to Krsna consciousness, that is the perfection of life. Don't deviate from the instruction of Krsna
- He (Lord Krsna) gives His instruction from within the heart of a pure devotee who is constantly engaged in the service of the Lord. Such instruction is given not for any material purpose but only for going back home, back to Godhead
- He (Lord Krsna) is the only Supreme Personality, and it is He only who is fully independent. He alone instructed Brahma as the Supersoul within
- He (Vidura) accepted Krsna as his worshipable Lord and followed His instructions wholeheartedly
- He (Yudhisthira) had but to follow the instructions of the infallible Lord and the Lord's representative and the authorized agent, Bhismadeva
- How He instructed him? Just like exactly Arjuna was instructed by Krsna. Krsna is person and Arjuna is person. Person-to-person talk
- If I am eternal, then why I shall remain in this material body which is subjected to death, birth, old age and disease? Therefore Krsna instructs that this miserable condition of life is due to this material body
- If one directly follows the instructions of the Supreme Lord, as inculcated in the Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam, then one gradually becomes nirguna, or above the interactions of the material qualities
- If one does not care to listen to His (Krsna) instructions, the result will be that one will never go back to Godhead, but will continue life in this miserable condition of repeated birth and death in material existence
- If one does not take advantage of the instructions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who descends within this world for the benefit of all living entities, he is certainly very unfortunate
- If one is attracted to talks about Me and has faith in the instructions I have set forth in the Bhagavad-gita, and if one is neither falsely detached from material things, his dormant love for Me will be awakened by devotional service
- If people divide the whole society into four orders for spiritual progress & material progress, centering these orders on Krsna & following the instructions of Krsna as stated in the Bhagavad-gita, the entire human society will undoubtedly be happy
- If somebody thinks that "I have taken to Krsna consciousness, but I am suffering for so many things," for them or for all of us the instruction is matra-sparsas tu kaunteya sitosna-sukha-duhkha-dah
- If such conditioned souls take advantage of this opportunity and develop Krsna consciousness under the direct instruction of the Lord, then they are transferred to the spiritual world and do not have to come back to the material creation
- If the living entities take advantage of the Lord's instructions as given in the Bhagavad-gita and develop Krsna consciousness, then their lives become sublime, and they can go back to Godhead
- If we accept Krsna's instruction, then you are perfect, and if you go on doing something whimsically, then you are suffering. But we prefer to act whimsically according to our dictation of the senses. We do not take the dictation of Krsna
- If we are fortunate enough to take the lessons given by Lord Krsna in Bhagavad-gita, our lives immediately become successful. No one can give better instructions to human society than Lord Krsna
- If we follow the instruction of Bhagavad-gita and Krsna, then all problems will be solved. It is not a sectarian religious sentiment or fanaticism. It is not that. It is a science - social science, political science, cultural science
- In daytime you see the sunshine and at night you see the moonshine. So if you see the sunshine and moonshine and if you remember Krsna's instructions that "This sunshine, moonshine, I am," so where is the difficulty?
- In order to stop this civilization of dogs and hogs, the Krsna consciousness movement is essential. Krsna consciousness means to take instruction from Krsna
- In the Atharva Veda it is said, yo brahmanam vidadhati purvam yo vai vedams ca gapayati sma krsnah: "It was Krsna who in the beginning instructed Brahma in Vedic knowledge and who disseminated Vedic knowledge in the past"
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna directly instructed that the Supreme is a person, that the impersonal Brahman is His glowing effulgence, and that the Paramatma is His partial representation
- In the Fourth Chapter Krsna states that He can remember instructing the lessons of the Bhagavad-gita some millions of years ago to the sun-god, Vivasvan
- In the human form of life one can obtain the guidance of a good navigator, the spiritual master. One also gets a favorable wind by the mercy of Krsna, and that wind is the instructions of Krsna
- Instructions by the S.P of Godhead are important even to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and the other demigods
- Isvara, the Supreme Lord, is situated in everyone's heart. Therefore it is said hrda. Sometimes we get education, instruction from hrda. That hrda, Krsna, sitting in everyone's heart, instructs everyone
- It is not Krsna's partiality; it is our misfortune that we do not take care of the instruction of Krsna and suffer in this material world
- It is up to you to reestablish their (unfortunate peoples) lost relationship with Krsna by being sincere to preach the message of Krsna purely by yourself following the instructions of the Lord and his bona-fide representative, the spiritual master
- Jnanasim, the sword of knowledge, is given by Krsna, and when one serves the guru and Krsna in order to hold the sword of Krsna's instructions, Balarama gives one strength
- Just as it is recorded that Lord Jesus Christ said that the first commandment is that one should love God with all his heart, and soul and mind. Similarly Krsna instructs that everyone should surrender unto Him in Love
- King Yudhisthira, who was much aggrieved, could not be convinced, despite instructions by great sages headed by Vyasa and the Lord Krsna Himself, the performer of superhuman feats, and despite all historical evidence
- Krsna and Krsna's instruction - identical
- Krsna consciousness means that you act according to the instruction given by Krsna
- Krsna consciousness means, as Krsna instructs, you must be very, very busy, twenty-four hours. That is Krsna consciousness. Not to become a lazy fellow, eat and sleep. No
- Krsna gives His instruction directly to an associate like Arjuna, just so that the people in general may take advantage of this spiritual knowledge
- Krsna instructed Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna for the benefit of the entire human society. Intelligent men should therefore seriously consider this Krsna consciousness movement and fully utilize the instructions of Bhagavad-gita
- Krsna is instructing Arjuna, and we have to understand how Arjuna has understood Krsna. And if we follow the understanding of Arjuna, then we are following the parampara system, or the disciplic succession
- Krsna is perfect. If we take lessons from Krsna, instruction from Krsna, then we get perfect knowledge. That is the process of studying Bhagavad-gita. If you accept Krsna as ordinary human being, then we are befooled
- Krsna is sarvatma. He is situated in everyone's heart as friend. He is the real friend. He is giving me advice. He is within, conscience, or good instruction, counsel
- Krsna is so intelligent - varieties of fruit, varieties of flowers, varieties of grain, varieties of brain. That is enjoyment. So, take instruction from Krsna
- Krsna is so merciful that simply by aiming His instructions at Arjuna, He has given protection to the whole world
- Krsna is the supreme instructor and perfect follower of all religious principles, as well as the supreme enforcer of such principles
- Krsna replied to Narada: "I am the supreme instructor. Therefore I'm personally executing religious principles in order to teach the whole world how to act. It is My desire that you not be bewildered by such demonstrations of My internal energy"
- Krsna said, "You know very well that even I Myself offer My obeisances to the brahmanas with great respect three times daily. You should therefore follow My instruction & example. I shall not forgive anyone who does not follow them & I shall punish him"
- Krsna therefore instructs: "Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear." (BG 18.66) The word sarva-papebhyah means "from all sinful activities."
- Krsna took the position of guru, and He began to instruct. Tam uvaca hrsikesah. Hrsikesa..., Krsna's another name is Hrsikesa. Hrsikesa means hrsika isa. Hrsika means the senses, and isa, the master
- Krsna's personal instructions are needed in order to understand the Personality of Godhead as the Supreme Absolute Truth. Bhagavad-gita is the evidence of such transcendental knowledge in gist
- Krsna, we have already stated, is seated in everyone's heart. If you want to consult Him, He can give you instruction. The only thing is that you have to become qualified like Brahma so that you can received instruction from Him within the heart
- Leadership is already there - Krsna. Just like Arjuna is learning from Krsna. So if you learn from Krsna you become perfect leader. But we do not take Krsna's instruction. We manufacture our own ideas. That is failure
- Less intelligent persons do not agree to this great instruction of the Lord, as ill luck would have it, but one who is actually intelligent catches up this sublime instruction and is immensely benefited
- Lord Caitanya advised everyone to spread the word of Krsna. He advised, All of you become spiritual masters. Your duty is simply to talk to whomever you meet of Krsna or of the instructions given by Krsna
- Lord Caitanya recommended that one should scrupulously renounce the association of unwanted persons and completely take shelter of the Supreme Lord, Krsna. Krsna gave Arjuna this same instruction near the end of the Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Krsna instructed Arjuna in the Bhagavad-gita because He found Arjuna to be a devotee and friend. Without such qualifications, one cannot enter into the mystery of the Bhagavad-gita
- Lord Krsna instructs Arjuna that one who renders loving devotional service to Him, the Supreme Lord, is the highest among all yogis, and that Arjuna should thus strive to become such a bhakti-yogi
- Lord Krsna instructs that all the planets within the material universe are destroyed at the end of 4,300,000 x 1,000 x 2 x 30 x 12 x 100 solar years
- Lord Krsna is the teacher of the whole world, and in order to instruct everyone how to respect a saintly person like Narada Muni, He bowed down, touching His helmet to the ground
- Lord Krsna left His instructions for the benefit of all human society, but fools and rascals unfortunately think of Him as an ordinary human being and twist the instructions of Bhagavad-gita for the satisfaction of their senses
- Lord Krsna said, "I instruct you, all My boys and relatives present here, do not, even by mistake, take the possession of a brahmana and thereby pollute your whole family"
- Lord Krsna therefore instructs us that an acarya is above criticism. A neophyte devotee should not consider himself to be on the same plane as the acarya
- Lord Krsna's ultimate instruction in the Bhagavad-gita is that everyone should surrender unto Him, Lord Krsna. Krsna promises to take immediate charge of such a surrendered soul
- Lord says to Uddhava, "My dear Uddhava, any person who takes shelter of Me in complete surrender and follows My instructions, giving up all occupational duties, is to be considered the first-class man"
- Lord Sri Krsna has repeatedly instructed Arjuna, or for that matter everyone concerned with becoming His unalloyed devotee. In the last phase of His instruction in the Bhagavad-gita (18.64-66) He instructed most confidentially
- Lord Sri Krsna instructed Uddhava that by following the injunctions of the social and spiritual orders of human society one can satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Mahajanas, great personalities, what they have done, you cannot imitate them. You have to follow them. You have to follow the instruction of Krsna or His representative, but you cannot imitate them. Then you'll fall down
- Maharaja Yudhisthira was instructed by Bhismadeva and the infallible Lord (Krsna) also, and therefore he had full knowledge of everything in perfection
- Maharaja Yudhisthira would not be satisfied, even though he was instructed by the greatest personalities of the time
- Manu: The Manu mentioned in this verse as the father of Iksvaku is the seventh Manu, of the name Vaivasvata Manu, the son of sun-god Vivasvan, to whom Lord Krsna instructed the teachings of Bhagavad-gita prior to His teaching them to Arjuna
- My dear Vidura, now I am mad for want of the pleasure of seeing Him, and just to mitigate this I am now proceeding to Badarikasrama in the Himalayas for association, as I have been instructed by Him
- My intelligence is bewildered by Your equivocal instructions. Therefore, please tell me decisively what is most beneficial for me. BG 3.2 - 1972
- Narada also says to Yudhisthira, "My dear King, it is Lord Krsna, known as Mukunda, who is the eternal protector of the Pandavas and the Yadus. He is also your spiritual master and instructor in every respect. He is the only worshipable God for you"
- Nondevotees never care to take any instruction from the Lord, and therefore the Lord is silent in their case, although He witnesses all their activities and awards them the necessary results, good or bad
- Not only the gopis but anyone who follows these instructions of Krsna is immediately freed from the jiva-kosa imprisonment
- Now I (Arjuna) am attracted to those instructions imparted to me by the Personality of Godhead (Govinda) because they are impregnated with instructions for relieving the burning heart in all circumstances of time and space
- Now I am confused about my duty and have lost all composure because of weakness. In this condition I am asking You to tell me clearly what is best for me. Now I am Your disciple, and a soul surrendered unto You. Please instruct me. BG 2.7 - 1972
- Nrga said, "Lord Krsna, who is always engaged in purifying the conditioned living entities, gave instruction not only to His family members & the inhabitants of Dvaraka but to all the members of human society. After this, the Lord entered His palace"
- One may also argue that since Krsna is the supreme authority, His activities should be followed. In answer to this argument, Sukadeva Gosvami has very clearly said that the isvara, or supreme controller, may sometimes violate His own instructions
- One should conduct his social, political and religious affairs according to His instructions. We are spreading the Krsna consciousness movement to try to establish a society the way that Krsna wants it. This is the meaning of Krsna consciousness
- One should not imitate the actions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead; one should simply follow the instructions of the Lord
- One should simply surrender unto the feet of God to make a solution to all miseries of life. That is the instruction of Krsna directly in the Bhagavad-gita, and of Srimad-Bhagavatam by Brahma, the supreme father of all living beings
- One who has taken birth in the land of Bharata-varsa has a full opportunity to study the direct instructions given by Krsna in Bhagavad-gita and thus finally decide what to do in his human form of life
- One who is constantly engaged in Krsna's service, to him He gives intelligence, not to the rascals. Krsna is there, but - even in the heart of the pig or dog - but He does not give any instruction to the pig and dog
- Only scarcity is Krsna consciousness. Only scarcity. Otherwise there is no scarcity. Everything is full. And if you take the instruction of Krsna you will be happy immediately. You can make the whole world happy
- Our only business is how to implement the instruction of Krsna, the rascals may understand and be happy. That is our mission
- Our only business is to spread Krishna Consciousness to the best of our possibility, and Krishna has given us discrimination and judgment. So, Krishna is within you, you chant and ask Him, Krishna and He will give you proper instruction
- Sandipani muni continued, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are above all blessing, yet it is my duty to bless You. I therefore give You the benediction that whatever You speak will remain as eternally fresh as the instructions of the Vedas"
- Simply by following the instructions imparted by Lord Krsna or Lord Kapila, one can obtain the highest benefit, even today
- Simply by raising one's staunch faith in Krsna and His instructions, one can understand reality without a doubt
- Simply by understanding Krsna and His instructions, after giving up this body one can return home, back to Godhead. Even if there is some falldown, practice of Krsna consciousness never goes in vain
- Simply prepare yourself how to repeat Krsna's instructions very nicely, without any malinterpretation
- Simply prepare yourself how to repeat Krsna's instructions very nicely. Suppose you have got now ten thousand. We shall expand to hundred thousand. That is required. Then hundred thousand to million, and million to ten million
- So Krsna has a plan, a big plan to deliver them. Personally He comes. Sometimes He sends His very confidential devotee. Sometimes He comes Himself. Sometimes He leaves instructions like Bhagavad-gita
- So we should understand that we have got a separate business, real business. That is called self-realization, that "I am not this body." This is self-realization. That is being instructed by Krsna in the beginning, that "You are not this body"
- Sometimes foolish people argue that since Kṛṣṇa is not present at the moment, one cannot take direct instructions from Him
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, He's also Krsna. He has appeared as devotee. He appeared first of all as the Supreme Lord, Krsna, and He instructed Bhagavad-gita to the fallen souls and He asserted His Lordship
- Sri Uddhava said: You may take lessons from the great learned sage Maitreya, who is nearby and who is worshipable for reception of transcendental knowledge. He was directly instructed by the PG while He was about to quit this mortal world
- Srutadeva said, "You (Krsna) are present to everyone, but the nondevotee feels You as ultimate cruel death, whereas for a devotee You are the supreme instructor and philosopher"
- Sukadeva Gosvami informed the King that Uddhava, being instructed by SPG, who is the source of all Vedic knowledge & the SM of the three worlds, reached the pilgrimage site of Badarikasrama & engaged himself there in trance to satisfy the Lord
- Suta Gosvami said: Thus being deeply absorbed in thinking of the instructions of the Lord, which were imparted in the great intimacy of friendship, and in thinking of His lotus feet, Arjuna's mind became pacified and free from all material contamination
- Take this principle, Bhagavad-gita as it is, the instruction of Gita, instruction of Krsna, and try to follow. It will be successful not only in India, all over the world. That is my practical experience
- The author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta advises everyone to give up all engagements of sense gratification and, like the gopis, dovetail oneself entirely with the will of the Supreme Lord. That is the ultimate instruction of Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita
- The Blessed Lord said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvan, and Vivasvan instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Iksvaku. BG 4.1 - 1972
- The body of a human being is extremely valuable because in this body one can understand the instructions of Krsna and attain the ultimate destination of the living entity
- The boys said, "They (Krsna and Balarama) have come here with the cows, and you may know also that we have come here under Their instructions"
- The demonic do not accept Lord Krsna as He is. Instead they concoct something about Krsna and mislead general readers from the path of Krsna's instructions. Here is a warning about such misleading paths
- The gopis said, "Besides that, although You (Krsna) have repeatedly asked us to return home, and that is a very appropriate instruction, unfortunately we have been stunned here. Our legs have no power to move a step from Your lotus feet"
- The gopis said, "But we know that one may perfectly observe all these instructions of the sastras by keeping oneself under the protection of Your lotus feet"
- The gopis said, "Your instructions to women to be faithful to their husbands and merciful to their children, to take care of household affairs and to be obedient to the elder members of the family, are surely just according to the tenets of the sastras"
- The gopis, having been instructed by Krsna in this philosophy of simultaneous oneness and difference, remained always in Krsna consciousness and thus became liberated from all material contamination
- The human body is the boat, the instructions of Lord Krsna are the favorable winds, and the spiritual master is the navigator. The spiritual master knows well how to adjust the sails to catch the winds favorably and steer the boat to its destination
- The instruction given herein by the Supreme Personality of Godhead to the gopis was not at all sarcastic. Such instructions should be taken very seriously by all honest women
- The instruction of Krsna is perfect, and the teacher or guru who speaks the same thing as Krsna says, that is perfect. And if he manufactures his own ideas and becomes more than Krsna, then he's a rascal number one. There is no benefit
- The Kauravas, Dhrtarastra's sons, lost the war because of being sinful in disobeying the instructions of Krsna
- The killing of Sisupala has a direct link with that narration of Jaya & Vijaya, but the most important instruction we get from this incident is that the SPG, being absolute, can give salvation to everyone, whether one acts as His enemy or as His friend
- The king's punishment of hanging a murderer is actually beneficial. Similarly, when Krsna orders fighting, it must be concluded that violence is for supreme justice, and thus Arjuna should follow the instruction
- The kings began to manage the affairs of their kingdoms in accordance with the instructions of Lord Krsna, and all those kings and their subjects passed their days very happily. This is a vivid example of a Krsna conscious society
- The kings said, "We pray for Your Lordship (Krsna) to favor us by instructing us how to engage in the transcendental loving service of Your lotus feet so that we may never forget our eternal relationship with Your Lordship"
- The Krsna consciousness is existing since the creation, but at least for the last five thousand years, when Krsna was present on this planet, He personally instructed Krsna consciousness, and the instruction is left behind Him, this is Bhagavad-gita
- The last instruction of Lord Sri Krsna in the Bhagavad-gita is that one should give up everything and should follow in the footsteps of the Lord alone
- The Lord (Krsna), whose lotus feet are worshiped by demigods like Brahma and Siva, wanted to worship the feet of Vasudeva. Such instruction by the Lord to the world is quite appropriate. Even if one is the Supreme Lord, one must serve his parents
- The Lord comes personally to instruct us how to be happy, and only fools and rascals do not see by intelligence this supreme authority, the Supreme Person
- The Lord instructs that one has to become fully Krsna conscious to discharge duties, as if in military discipline
- The Lord left behind Him the instructions of the Bhagavad-gita not for the benefit of Arjuna alone, but also for all time and in all lands. The Bhagavad-gita, being spoken by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the essence of all Vedic wisdom
- The Lord now concludes the chapter of instruction on the immutable spirit soul. In describing the immortal soul in various ways, Lord Krsna establishes that the soul is immortal and the body is temporary
- The Lord's instructions in the form of Bhagavad-gita are full of jnana and vairagya, knowledge and renunciation
- The members of human society who strictly follow the principles of bhagavata-dharma and live according to the instructions of the Supreme Personality of Godhead are called Aryans or arya
- The merciful Lord left behind Him the great teachings of the Bhagavad-gita so that one can take the instructions of the Lord even when He is not visible to material eyesight
- The messenger said, "They (people like us) are never inclined to follow Your (Krsna's) instructions by performing devotional service, although it is pleasing to the heart and most auspicious for one's existence"
- The movements of His (Krsna's) eyes and the mode of His speech proved that He was very, very expert in giving moral instruction. Sometimes, Maharaj Yudhisthira is also accepted by learned scholars as dhira-prasanta
- The original creature of this universe, known as the adi-kavi, or Lord Brahma, was instructed by Krsna through the heart. After receiving these Vedic instructions from Lord Krsna Himself, Brahma distributed the knowledge by the parampara system
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, said: I instructed this imperishable science of yoga to the sun-god, Vivasvan, and Vivasvan instructed it to Manu, the father of mankind, and Manu in turn instructed it to Iksvaku
- The rascal does not know that Krsna wants you all to be happy, and He has given the instruction how to become happy, but we are unfortunate. We do not take Krsna's instruction and suffer
- The sons of Dhrtarastra were more or less disheartened by the unexpected arrangement of military force by the Pandavas, who were guided by the direct instructions of Lord Krsna on the battlefield
- The spiritual master represents both Lord Krsna and the Vaisnavas; therefore by following the instructions of the spiritual master and by chanting Hare Krsna, everything will be all right
- The Supreme Lord is the supreme friend of everyone; however, no one can take advantage of the supreme friend's instructions while making his own plans to become happy and entangling himself in the modes of material nature
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, in His various forms, is always present even within this material world, but the material qualities cannot touch Him. One can understand His position only by His instructions
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, appears and gives instructions in the form of Bhagavad-gita and Vedic literatures
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, comes down (avatara) to deliver His devotees and kill the demons. He also gives His sublime instructions in the form of Bhagavad-gita
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is worshipable as a father is worshipable for his son. He is the spiritual master because He originally gave the Vedic instructions to Brahma and presently He is also instructing Bhagavad-gita to Arjuna
- The transcendental body of Krsna did not require any protection, but to instruct us on the importance of the cow, the Lord was smeared over with cow dung, washed with the urine of a cow, and sprinkled with the dust upraised by the walking of the cows
- The wives of the brahmanas replied, "Dear Lord, this sort of instruction does not befit You. Your eternal promise is that You will always protect Your devotees, and now You must fulfill this promise"
- Then Krsna began to instruct them (the gopis): "My dear friends, you must know that it is now the dead of night and the forest is very dangerous"
- There are many mystics and yogis all over the world, but Krsna is the master of all yoga systems. Krsna's instruction is explicitly stated in Bhagavad-gita - surrender unto Krsna. One who does so is the topmost yogi
- There are some pseudo devotees of Krsna who prefer to imitate the Lord in His rasa-lila, or dance of love, forgetting their inability to lift Govardhana Hill. It is best that one not try to imitate the powerful, but simply follow their instructions
- There are two narrative books which especially concern the words and activities of Krsna. Bhagavad-gita is the instruction given by Krsna, and Srimad-Bhagavatam is the book containing topics exclusively about Krsna and His devotees
- There is no place in My mind for jnana-yoga or dhyana-yoga. Although You know Me very well, You are still instructing Me in jnana-yoga and dhyana-yoga. It is not right for You to do so
- There was no need for Krsna and Balarama to accept a spiritual master, or acarya, yet for the instruction of ordinary men They also accepted a spiritual master for advancement in spiritual knowledge
- Therefore it is very good that you are taking these instructions of the Lord seriously by surrendering yourself under the direction of His bona fide representative
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: always remembering these activities and instructions (the activities and instructions given by the Supreme Personality of Godhead), trying to render service
- These are the general principles to be followed by all human beings: hearing about the activities and instructions given by the Supreme Personality of Godhead (who is the shelter of the saintly persons), chanting about these activities and instructions
- They (the wives of the brahmanas) came just to see Him, who was their life and soul. They were exactly following Krsna's instruction in the Bhagavad-gita: one should surrender to Him, giving up all varieties of occupational and religious duties
- They have become thieves because their guardians did not care for them. This is going on parampara. The parampara is that God's instructions should be distributed. Evam parampara. But there is no followers of God's instruction
- Think seriously of Krishna Consciousness, be sincere, and Krishna will give you all necessary instruction. I have every hope that in the future you can be a good preacher for Krishna Consciousness in the Western World
- This important instruction by Lord Krsna to the gopis can be utilized by all devotees engaged in Krsna consciousness. The whole philosophy is considered on the basis of inconceivable, simultaneous oneness and difference
- This instruction by Krsna to the brahmana is very significant. The purport is that a true brahmana should not be disturbed in any situation. In this modern age, Kali-yuga, the so-called brahmanas have accepted the abominable position of sudras
- This instruction given by Lord Krsna - go-raksya - is extremely meaningful
- This is the Lord's last instruction in the Bhagavad-gita (18.66): sarva-dharman parityajya mam ekam saranam vraja. "Give up all other processes and just surrender unto Me alone"
- Thus performing the Govardhana-puja sacrifice, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana followed the instructions of Krsna, the son of Vasudeva, and afterwards they returned to their respective homes
- To hear from Krsna is the real pleasure of the senses; therefore He is known as Govinda, for by His words, by His teachings, by His instruction - by everything connected with Him - He enlivens the senses
- Uddhava Gita: 21 - Lord Krsna's Instructions on the Process of Deity Worship
- Under the bodily concept of life and they're fighting like animals, because that is animal life. Therefore Krsna instructs at the end that "You Hindus, Muslims, Christians, this, that, kindly kick out all these conceptions of religion"
- Unfortunately the living entity is so greatly attached to material enjoyment that he does not take the instructions of Krsna or His representative very seriously. This material tendency is mentioned in this verse (SB 4.28.55) as gramya-matih
- We are preaching Bhagavad-gita As It Is. Our mission is to spread the instructions of Krishna so that people may become happy, hopeful, and peaceful
- We should never say that politics is not our field. Why not? Krsna took part. Krsna instructs everything
- What is the distinction of this dead body and the living body? So according to Vedic instruction, according to Krsna's instruction, the body is always dead. But so long the soul is there, it appears to be living
- Whatever He (Krsna) instructs is from the transcendental platform, and His instructions, being absolute, are nondifferent from Him
- When all the gopis came out of their homes to meet Krsna in the Vrndavana forest, Krsna refused to accept them and asked them to go home, giving them some moral instruction
- When He is kind to some fortunate conditioned soul, He personally gives him lessons so he can progress in devotional service, instructing the person as the Supersoul within and the spiritual master without
- When I thus expressed my heartfelt desires unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the lotus-eyed Lord instructed me about His transcendental situation
- When Krsna speaks of worshiping, He does not say that you worship the electric light or something else. Mam ekam, that is the instruction. Not that "Krsna has become everything; therefore everything has to be worshiped." No
- When one becomes completely faithful in regard to this instruction, one's strong faith becomes the basis for advancing in spiritual life
- When the cowherd men of Vrndavana, under instruction of Krsna, stopped offering sacrifice to the heavenly King, Indra, the whole tract of land known as Vraja was threatened with being washed away by constant heavy rains for seven days
- When there was a forest fire in the Bhandiravana, Krsna instructed His friends to close their eyes tightly, and they all did this
- When they are instructed to undergo mystic yoga practice, they are not at all satisfied. On the contrary, they become more and more angry with You
- When we read the Bhagavad-gita As It Is, it is understood that we are receiving personal instructions of Krsna. No physical barrier is there in the case of spiritual affairs
- While seeing Lord Krsna sitting in a chariot and instructing Arjuna, I am filled with ecstatic happiness
- Why Krsna left Bhagavad-gita? Out of His compassion, that "After My disappearance people would take advantage of this Bhagavad-gita. As I instructed My dear friend Arjuna, they will also take advantage and become free from the clutches of death"
- Why Krsna selected to instruct Arjuna as the disciple of the renovated parampara system? That is also spoken by Krsna: "Because you are My dear friend, because you are My devotee, you can understand the mysteries of Bhagavad-gita"
- You are human being. You must act like a human being. For human being, this Bhagavad-gita is there. Krsna is instructing to a human being, Arjuna. Not a cat, not a dog. So knowledge means it is meant for the human beings
- You can be engaged in everything but if you utilize everything according to the instruction of Krsna then it will be successful. Otherwise it will be failure
- You cannot understand why Krsna said to Arjuna that "You fight." First of all understand yourself. That is the first instruction the Arjuna was given
- You have to follow the instruction of Krsna or His representative, but you cannot imitate them. Then you'll fall down
- You rot in this material world in this hellish condition of life. That instruction you'll get in the colleges and universities. But Krsna's instruction is different. He'll give you instruction to go back to home and back to Godhead
- Your good self is one of the eternal associates of the Supreme Personality of Godhead for whose sake the Lord, while going back to His abode, left instructions with me
- Your transcendental name is different from material names, and Your form is different from material forms. You assume a form resembling a material body just to give us instructions like those of Bhagavad-gita