Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
intent | intention | intentional | intentionally | intentioned | intentionless | intentions | intently | intents
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Intention"
The following 72 pages are in this category, out of 72 total.
- A hunter in the forest, although a great sinner, was not an intentional offender. He was at once influenced by the presence of Narada, and he agreed to take the path of devotion, leaving aside his hearth and home
- A man is working and thinking: "Let me work now very hard, and let me have some bank balance so when I shall get old, I shall enjoy life without any working." That is the inner intention of everyone. Nobody wants to work
- According to the Vedic injunctions, only an aggressor can be killed. If a person comes with an intent to kill, one can immediately take action and kill in self-defense
- Actually this pravrtti, this intention or this purpose of enjoying this material world, is not given to you by God. We have created. God's desire is that you become a devotee
- After returning home, he vividly informed Lord Krsna and Balarama of the actual situation in Hastinapura and the intentions of Dhrtarastra. Akrura was sent to Hastinapura by Krsna to study these, and by the grace of the Lord he was successful
- Alas, how strange it is that we (Arjuna and the Pandavas) are preparing to commit greatly sinful acts. Driven by the desire to enjoy royal happiness, we are intent on killing our own kinsmen
- Although the Paramatma is aloof from the living entities, He knows their intentions, and He gives them facilities by which they can enjoy or suffer the results of their actions
- I should very much appreciate knowing what your intentions are regarding this matter. If MacMillan does not desire to publish this expanded version, then I will have it published elsewhere immediately
- If one is intent on enjoying material facilities, one can transfer himself to other planets in the material sky by utilizing yogic powers. The playful spaceships of the astronauts are but childish entertainments and are of no use for this purpose
- If they (the scientists) accept God, then we give them all credit. That's all right. Otherwise zero. We don't deprecate their intention of advancement in knowledge. But we simply protest against their defying the authority of God. That is our point
- If we offer palatable dishes to the Deity with the intention of eating such nice food, we are involved in trying to satisfy the demands of the tongue
- If you have, if you have got some intention to cheat others, then you will be restless, asanta. But if you are simple, plain, then there is no asanta. There is santi
- Intentionally or unintentionally, one has to commit such sins - and incur the sinful reactions - without any doubt
- It is our only intention to spread this sublime philosophy to all the persons of the world for the complete welfare benefit, both spiritual and material of everyone of them
- It is understood that one must be very fortunate to hear krsna-katha as seriously as Maharaja Pariksit did. He was especially intent on the subject matter because he was expecting death at any moment
- Lord Buddha’s intention was to stop atheists from committing the sin of killing animals. Atheists cannot understand God; therefore Lord Buddha appeared and spread the philosophy of nonviolence to keep the atheists from killing animals
- Lord Krsna could understand the intentions of His associates because He is the ruler of even Lord Brahma
- Narada spoke as follows: "Because the Pandavas are Your cousins, You have inquired about them in the role of their well-wisher, and therefore I shall let You know about their intentions. Now please hear me"
- No one can surpass the vigilance of material nature or hide his intentions from material nature
- No one can surpass the vigilance of material nature or hide his intentions from material nature. If human society unlawfully claims that the property of the universe, either partially or wholly, belongs to mankind, all of human society will be cursed
- No one knows the purport of My verse, Caitanya Mahaprabhu said. How could you understand My intention
- No, he has no intention, but he lives apart from temple connection...
- O god of the demigods (Lord Brahma), sustainer of the universe, head jewel of all the demigods in other planets, you know the intentions of all living entities, in both the spiritual and material worlds
- One has to become thoroughly callous to such nonpermanent activities and turn his intention instead to the regulative principles of devotional service
- One should not conclude that one may continue to sin with the intention of chanting Hare Krsna to neutralize the reactions. Rather, one should be very careful to be free from all sins
- One should not deviate from or surpass the instructions of the spiritual master. One should not be simply intent on consulting books but should simultaneously execute the spiritual master's order
- Semen is meant to be discharged when one has a home, a wife and the intention to beget children, otherwise there is no injunction for discharging semen
- Similarly, Haridasa Thakura chanted in his cave on the bank of the Ganges with the intention of causing Krsna's descent
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu immediately pointed out, "In that verse the word is ‘mukti-pade,' but you have changed it to 'bhakti-pade.' What is your intention"
- Srimad-Bhagavatam is the one unrivaled commentary on Vedanta-sutra. Sripada Sankaracarya intentionally did not touch it because he knew that the natural commentary would be difficult for him to surpass
- The best plan is to prepare oneself to return to the spiritual sky after leaving the body. However, if one is intent on enjoying material facilities, one can transfer himself to other planets in the material sky by utilizing yogic powers
- The car has a tendency to turn right and left, but one cannot say that the car itself, as matter, turns right and left without the direction of a driver. A material car has neither tendencies nor intuitions independent of the intentions of the driver
- The intention of Lord Caitanya is to taste Krsna's sweetness in transcendental love. He does not care to think of Himself as Krsna, because He wants the position of Radharani. We should remember this
- The intention of the Bhagavad-gita is known by Krsna, the author. So we have to understand the intention of the author. We cannot exact any meaning by our own scholarship which is different from the intention of the author
- The Lord's holy name certainly has the potency to neutralize all sinful activities, but if one repeatedly and intentionally commits sins while chanting the holy name, he is most condemned
- The Pandava brothers started for different directions to inform the respective kings about King Yudhisthira's intention to perform the Rajasuya sacrifice
- The point is that a devotee, even he does not know, does not want advertisement, Krsna advertises him. Krsna advertises him without his intention. Krsna wants to see that his devotee is very much advertised as a devotee
- The powerful hari-nama is so strong that even one unconsciously or conscious... Sometimes they imitate: "Hare Krsna." They have no intention to chant the holy name of Krsna, but they imitate or criticize, "Hare Krsna." That has also effect
- The queens said, "O breeze from the Himalayas, what have we done to you that you are so intent on teasing us by awakening our lust to meet Krsna? Do you not know that we have already been injured by the crooked policy of the Personality of Godhead"
- The scriptural injunctions are like favorable winds. If we do not cross over the ocean of the nescience of material existence in spite of all these facilities, then certainly we are all intentionally committing suicide
- The seventh offense is to commit sins intentionally on the strength of the holy name. In the scriptures it is said that one can be liberated from the effects of all sinful actions simply by chanting the holy name of the Lord
- The whole system of education is geared to sense gratification, and if a learned man thinks it over, he sees that the children of this age are being intentionally sent to the slaughterhouses of so-called education
- There is another kanda (platform of activity), called jnana-kanda, or philosophical speculation about the effects of ku-visaya and su-visaya with the intention to find out the means of deliverance from material entanglement
- This service is very difficult for the envious to perform, especially for a woman whose intentions are wicked, who lives only to gratify her bodily demands, and who indulges in duplicity
- Those who are intentionally practicing to be vegetarians or to become nonviolent may have good qualifications by a material estimation, but these qualifications are not sufficient to make them devotees
- We are being so favorably presented everywhere by the media. Just today two editors of Indian newspapers have informed me of their intention to print special issues devoted to our Movement as well as give daily one article on our philosophy
- We are trying to be the enjoyer of this material world. That is maya. The world is not maya, but the intention of the living entities to enjoy this material world, to satisfy his senses, that is maya
- We have neither changed our plan nor have we any intention of changing our plan of developing Hare Krishna Land in Bombay
- We have not the slightest intention of confronting a world-famous philosopher like Dr. Radhakrishnan with arguments, yet on the brahmacari's repeated request we have to scrutinize the text and point out the discrepancies
- When I started Back to Godhead, it was my intention that your academic career and Rayarama's sincere service would be a good combination; unfortunately, I do not know why, you do not agree with one another
- When Rukmini went to the temple it was not with the intention of an ordinary person, who goes to beg for material benefits; her only goal was Krsna
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu entered the room, He saw three divisions of food, and He knew that all of these were meant for Krsna. However, He did not understand the intentions of Advaita Acarya
- When that leper, the sinful son of a brahmana, saw the chastity of his wife, he finally abandoned his sinful intentions. While coming home, however, he touched the body of Markandeya Rsi, who thus cursed him to die at sunrise
- Whoever argues about this is a great fool. He intentionally and personally brings a thunderbolt down upon his head