Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Inhabitants of Vrndavana
"inhabitants of Vrajabhumi" |"inhabitants of Vrndavana" |"denizens of Vrndavana" | "denizen of Vrndavana"|"residents of Vraja" |"residents of Vrndavana"|"Vrndavana inhabitants"|"Vrndavana-vasi"|"Vrndavana-vasis"|"Vraja-vasi"|"Vraja-vasis"|brijabasi | brijabasis | brijbasi | brijbasis | brijbasse
This category has the following 10 subcategories, out of 10 total.
- ► Names of Inhabitants of Vrndavana (149 C)
Pages in category "Inhabitants of Vrndavana"
The following 93 pages are in this category, out of 93 total.
- A pure devotee attached to devotional service should always remember the activities of a particular inhabitant of Vraja, even though he is not able to live in Vrajabhumi or Vrndavana. In this way he can always think of Vrajabhumi and Vrndavana
- Aghasura, thus deciding to kill all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, expanded himself by the yogic siddhi called mahima. The demons are generally expert in achieving almost all kinds of mystic powers
- All the residents of Mathura began to talk among themselves about the elevated and pious activities of the people of Vrndavana
- All the Yadus and the residents of Vrndavana felt such great pleasure in meeting and talking together that it was a unique scene
- All the Yadus and Vrndavana residents had been very eager to meet, and when they actually came forward and met, they embraced one another to their heart's satisfaction and remained in embrace for a considerable time
- Anyone who can stay permanently in Vrndavana is welcome. I want that as many devotees stay permanently and become Brijabasis. That will be very inspiring
- As soon as they (members of the yadu dynasty) saw the residents of Vrndavana, they stood up to welcome them and appeared to have regained their life
- At the end of this time, all the members of the Yadu dynasty tried to please the inhabitants of Vrndavana to their hearts’ content
- But King Indra assured them, "You go ahead, and I will also go, riding on my elephant, accompanied by great storms. And I shall apply all my strength to punishing the inhabitants of Vrndavana"
- By following in the footsteps of the inhabitants of the planet known as Vrajaloka or Goloka Vrndavana, one can attain the shelter of the lotus feet of Sri Krsna
- By their dress and ornaments, and by their behavior, it appears that although they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were in a small village, they still were rich in material possessions
- Dear Krsna, because of their separation from You, the inhabitants of Vraja are so afflicted that they appear to be diseased. Their bodies are feverish, and they cannot move properly. They are simply lying down on the ground and breathing heavily
- Devotional service discharged with such attachment is called ragatmika, and deep attachment with deep absorption in the object of love is called ragatmika. Examples of these can be seen in the activities of the residents of Vrajabhumi
- Devotional service in spontaneous love is vividly expressed and manifested by the inhabitants of Vrndavana. Devotional service that accords with their devotional service is called raganuga bhakti
- Familiarity breeds contempt." If one stays in Vrndavana for many days, he may fail to maintain proper respect for its inhabitants. Therefore those who have not attained the stage of spontaneous love for Krsna should not live in Vrndavana very long
- For instance, when Indra found that the inhabitants of Vrndavana were not worshiping him, he became angry and wanted to chastise them
- He (Krsna) exhibited these activities not only to the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi, but also to others, who were captivated by His external potency and opulence
- He (Nanda Maharaja) also sent instructions to the police chief of Vrndavana to tell all the inhabitants about Kamsa’s great Dhanur-yajna function and invite them to join
- He fell down to the ground of Vrndavana and died. The demon fell exactly like Tripurasura, who was pierced by the arrow of Lord Siva. Trnavarta hit a stone slab, and his limbs were smashed. His body became visible to all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- How greatly fortunate are Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd men and all the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi! There is no limit to their fortune, because the Absolute Truth, the source of transcendental bliss, the eternal Supreme Brahman, has become their friend
- If anyone wants to enjoy the childhood pastimes of the Lord, then he has to follow in the footsteps of the residents of Vraja like Nanda, Upananda and other parental inhabitants
- If one develops devotional service and attachment by following in the footsteps of the Vrajavasis, he attains raga-marga-bhakti, or devotional service in attachment to the Lord
- If one follows in the footsteps of the inhabitants of Vrndavana out of such transcendental covetousness, he does not care for the injunctions or reasonings of sastra. That is the way of spontaneous love
- If we can simply follow in their (the inhabitants of Vrndavana's) footsteps, even to a minute proportion, our lives will surely become successful, and we shall enter the spiritual kingdom, Vaikuntha
- In his book Stavavali, Sri Raghunatha dasa Gosvami has prayed for the mercy of Radharani, who was so captivated by the flute vibrations of Krsna that She immediately asked information of His whereabouts from residents in the Vrndavana forest
- In the middle of the night, while they were taking rest, there was suddenly a great forest fire, and it quickly appeared that the fire would soon devour all the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- In Vrndavana, he goes from door to door begging alms with all his disciples. He begs from both the moving and the inert inhabitants - the citizens, the trees and the creepers. In this way he lives on fruits, roots and leaves
- Indra cursed the action of the inhabitants of Vrndavana and said, "By defying the authority of the demigods, the inhabitants of Vrndavana will suffer in material existence"
- It is impossible to describe the influence and knowledge of Ramananda Raya, for only by his mercy have I understood the unalloyed love of the residents of Vrndavana
- It is very important to note in this connection how wealthy the inhabitants of Vrndavana were simply by raising cows. All the cowherd men belonged to the vaisya community, and their business was to protect the cows and cultivate crops
- Nanda tells Yasoda, "Never mind, all auspiciousness to my son! I shall raise this hand which is as strong as a pillar, and I shall kill the Kesi demon, just to give freedom from all anxieties to the inhabitants of Brajamandala"
- Not only did they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possess all these things, but they could give them (milk products, various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments) away in charity lavishly, as did Nanda Maharaja
- O Lord, remover of the afflictions of the inhabitants of Vrndavana! O hero of all women! O Lord who destroy the pride of Your devotees by Your sweet, gentle smile! O friend! We are Your maidservants
- O Vidura, King Indra, his honor having been insulted, poured water incessantly on Vrndavana, & thus the inhabitants of Vraja, were greatly distressed. But the compassionate Lord Krsna saved them from danger with His pastime umbrella, the Govardhana Hill
- On the very night of the day of the chastisement of the Kaliya snake, when the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi were sleeping carefreely, there was a forest fire ablaze due to dry leaves, and it appeared that all the inhabitants were sure to meet their death
- One cowherd boy said, "Although the Dhenukasura demon was assisted by his cohorts, also in the shape of asses, all were killed, and the Talavana forest was then open for the use of the animals and inhabitants of Vrndavana"
- One who worships the Lord by following in the footsteps of the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi attains Him in the transcendental planet of Vraja, where He is known as the son of Maharaja Nanda
- Out of their great feelings of friendship, the inhabitants of Vrndavana remained there for a considerable time with the members of the Yadu dynasty
- Persons desiring to follow in the footsteps of such eternal devotees of the Lord as the Vrsnis and Vrndavana denizens are called raganuga devotees, which means that they are trying to attain to the perfection of those devotees
- Please come and let all the residents of Vrndavana live. Kindly keep Your lotus feet again in Vrndavana
- Prayer of the inhabitants of Vrndavana is the superexcellent type of self-realization. The method is very simple: to fix the mind always on the lotus feet of Krsna, to talk always of Krsna without passing on to any other subject matter
- Pure devotional service is represented in the activities of the residents of Vrajabhumi (Vrndavana)
- She (Putana) looked especially beautiful on account of her thin waist. She was glancing at everyone with very attractive looks and smiling face, and all the residents of Vrndavana were captivated
- Since it was almost night and all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, including the cows and calves, were very tired, they decided to take their rest on the riverbank
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu instructed Jagadananda Pandita to remain apart from the residents of Vrndavana, who were spontaneous devotees, so as not to become disrespectful toward them
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu thought, "At this bathing place, Akrura saw Vaikuntha, the spiritual world, and all the inhabitants of Vraja saw Goloka Vrndavana"
- Srimati Radharani is the center of all Vrndavana's activities. In Vrndavana, Krsna is the instrument of Srimati Radharani; therefore all the inhabitants of Vrndavana still chant "Jaya Radhe!"
- The eyes of the residents of Vraja are like cakora birds that continuously drink the nectar of His bodily luster and thus live peacefully
- The fantasies of the residents of Vrndavana were now actually realized, for the citizens of Mathura became fully satisfied by seeing Krsna
- The gopis and inhabitants of Vrndavana used to see the luster of lotus flowers everywhere, and they could hardly withdraw their eyes from such a vision
- The human form of life is meant for understanding this transcendental land of Vrndavana, and one who is fortunate should cultivate knowledge of Vrndavana and its residents
- The ideal place to execute Krsna consciousness is Vrajabhumi, or Vrndavana, where the people are naturally inclined to love Krsna and Krsna is naturally inclined to love them
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana - the gopis, mother Yasoda, Nanda Maharaja, the cowherd boys, the cows and everyone else - are actually on the raga-marga or bhagavata-marga platform
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana are all pure devotees. Their destination after quitting the body is Krsnaloka. They even surpass the Vaikunthalokas
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana do not want You dressed like a prince, nor do they want You to associate with great warriors in a different country. They cannot leave the land of Vrndavana, and without Your presence, they are all dying
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana said, "By the will of the supreme authority and according to the results of our own work, we may take our birth anywhere. It doesn’t matter where we are born, but our only prayer is that we may simply be engaged in KC"
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were never disturbed by the scorching heat of the sun or the high summer temperatures
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were perplexed by great difficulties because a certain portion of the Yamuna was poisoned by the chief of the reptiles (Kaliya)
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were well-wishers and intimate friends of the Yadu dynasty. This meeting of the two parties after long separation was a very touching incident
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana, being always engaged in Krsna consciousness, could therefore very easily understand the transcendental nature of the Vaikunthalokas
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana, Vrajabhumi, are living examples of devotional service. Theirs is ideal devotional service with attachment, and such devotion cannot be found anywhere except Vrndavana
- The Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs
- The swans in the lakes, who are compared to the vitality of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, are no longer desiring to live in that lake
- The Vrsnis (Krsna's relatives at Dvaraka) felt like that. So spontaneous love of Krsna in the parental relationship is found both amongst those denizens of Dvaraka who belonged to the dynasty of Vrsni, as well as amongst the inhabitants of Vrndavana
- Their wealth was in milk, yogurt, clarified butter and many other milk products, and by trading their agricultural products, they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were rich in various kinds of jewelry, ornaments and costly garments
- There were torrents of rain, and the Lord saved the residents of Vrndavana by lifting Govardhana Hill and resting it on the little finger of His left hand for seven days
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) possessed such an abundance of various kinds of milk products that they were throwing butter lavishly on each other's bodies without restriction
- They (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) were not even interested in enjoying a life of opulence, but were satisfied in living a simple life in the village as cowherds
- Thus Krsna showed them (the inhabitants of Vindavana) the eternal, ever-existing spiritual sky, which is unlimited and full of knowledge
- Thus performing the Govardhana-puja sacrifice, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana followed the instructions of Krsna, the son of Vasudeva, and afterwards they returned to their respective homes
- To remain always absorbed in Krsna consciousness was the standard of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, as exhibited by Maharaja Nanda, Yasoda and the gopis
- To the inhabitants of Vrndavana, who were busy working during daytime and sleeping soundly at night because of their hard labor in the day, Lord Krsna awarded promotion to the highest planet in the spiritual sky
- Vrajavasis, are living examples of devotional service. Theirs is ideal devotional service with attachment
- Vrndavana inhabitants, they are always anxious how to save the cows. Always. They are connected with cows
- Vrndavana is a natural forest of desire trees and creepers, and the inhabitants do not want anything but the fruits and flowers of those desire trees
- When all the inhabitants of Vrndavana smelled the good aroma from the smoke of the burning Putana, they inquired from each other, "Where is this good fragrance coming from?" While conversing, they understood that it was the fumes of the burning Putana
- When one becomes deeply affected by the devotion of the residents of Vrajabhumi and tries to follow in their footsteps, he does not care for the restrictions or regulations of the revealed scriptures. This is the characteristic of one in raga-bhakti
- When Stokakrsna, one of the many friends of Krsna, was fighting with Him, his father chastised him for fighting with Krsna, who was the life and soul of all residents of Vrndavana. Upon hearing these chastisements, Stokakrsna stopped his fighting
- When the Lord displayed His activities just suitable for childhood, He was visible only to the residents of Vrndavana. Sometimes He would cry and sometimes laugh, just like a child, and while so doing He would appear like a lion cub
- When the particles of water from the waves of the Yamuna, the lakes and the waterfalls touched the bodies of the inhabitants of Vrndavana, they automatically felt a cooling effect. Therefore they were practically undisturbed by the summer season
- When the twin arjuna trees fell to the ground, making a sound like the falling of thunderbolts, all the inhabitants of Gokula, including Nanda, immediately came to the spot. They were very astonished to see how the two great trees had suddenly fallen
- When Uddhava was about to leave, all the inhabitants of Vrndavana, headed by Maharaja Nanda and Yasoda, came to bid him good-bye and presented him with various kinds of valuable goods secured in Vrndavana
- Who can estimate the transcendental fortune of the residents of Vrndavana? They were personally seeing the S. P. of Godhead face to face, He whom many yogis cannot find even after undergoing severe austerities, although He is sitting within their hearts
- Whoever follows the principles of devotional service with attachment and follows a particular devotee of Vrajabhumi certainly attains the highest perfection of love of Godhead in that spirit