Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
Category:Krsna's Damsels of Vraja
Pages in category "Krsna's Damsels of Vraja"
The following 56 pages are in this category, out of 56 total.
- Although Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, embodies all superexcellence and beauty, when He is amongst the damsels of Vraja, He is known as Gopijanavallabha
- Although there is certainly transcendental intimacy between the damsels of Vraja and Krsna, out of all the relationships, the relationship between Radharani and Krsna in conjugal love is the most perfect
- Among those who have perfected themselves by devotional service, there are servants, friends, superiors and beloved damsels. Similarly, there are four types of mature devotees
- As expansions of Her personal form and transcendental disposition, they (the damsels of Vraja) are agents of different reciprocations of love in the pastimes of Lord Krsna, under the supreme direction of Srimati Radharani
- At that time, while Krsna, Balarama and the damsels were so much absorbed, almost in madness, a demoniac associate of Kuvera (the treasurer of the heavenly planets) appeared on the scene
- If one wrongly thinks that the material body is as perfect as the spiritual body and thus begins to worship Krsna by imitating the damsels of Vrndavana, he becomes infested with Mayavada (impersonal) philosophy
- In another statement, Subala is addressed thus, "My dear Subala, the damsels of Vrndavana who had the opportunity of enjoying Krsna's kissing must be the foremost of all the fortunate women in the world"
- In Gokula (Vrndavana) love is freely exchanged, and although the cowherd boys and damsels of Vrndavana know that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, they do not show awe and veneration
- In the spiritual loving sentiment induced by the yogamaya potency, both Lord Sri Krsna and the damsels of Vraja forget themselves in spiritual rapture
- It (the spiritual sentiment in the minds of the damsels of Vraja by which they think of Lord Krsna as their paramour) has nothing to do with sexual psychology, although the pure love of such devotees seems to be sexual
- It especially enters Goloka Vrndavana-dhama and attracts the minds of the young damsels of Vrajabhumi, bringing them forcibly to where Krsna is present
- It is said in the Tenth Canto of the Srimad-Bhagavatam that Lord Krsna is just like the moon and the internal potential damsels are like the stars around the moon
- Krsna expands Himself in multi-incarnations and plenary portions like the purusas. Similarly, Srimati Radharani expands Herself in multiforms as the goddesses of fortune, the queens and the damsels of Vraja
- Krsna has admitted that His loving relationship with the damsels of Vraja in conjugal love is the highest perfectional stage
- Krsna said, "Above all, the damsels of Vraja, the gopis, are the most glorious because You (Balarama) embrace them with Your strong arms, being attracted by their beauty"
- Lord Caitanya also teaches that the highest mode of worship in the highest perfectional stage is the method practiced by the damsels of Vraja
- Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love of one of His multitude of loving damsels (Sri Radha), and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya
- Lord Krsna desired to taste the limitless nectarean mellows of the love possessed by one of His multitude of loving damsels (Sri Radha), and so He has assumed the form of Lord Caitanya
- Lord Krsna obligingly acknowledged the pure devotional service of the damsels of Vraja
- Lord Krsna thought: "Devotional service rendered to Me by the living beings revives their eternal life. O My dear damsels of Vraja, your affection for Me is your good fortune, for it is the only means by which you have obtained My favor"
- Lord Krsna, the enemy of Kamsa, took Srimati Radharani within His heart, for He desired to dance with Her. Thus He left the arena of the rasa dance and the company of all the other beautiful damsels of Vraja
- Lord Sri Krsna is just like a bluish lotus flower for the ears; He is ointment for the eyes, a necklace of indranila gems for the chest, and universal ornaments for the gopi damsels of Vrndavana. Let that Lord Sri Hari, Krsna, be glorified
- Lord Sri Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the supreme enjoyer in the rasa dance. He is the leader of the damsels of Vraja, and all others are simply His associates
- Mukunda, or Krsna, is also the source of solace for the damsels of Vrndavana. The damsels of Vrajabhumi are always suffering because of separation from Krsna, but when they meet Him during the moonlit autumn night, their fatigue of separation is relieved
- My dear friend, this dramatic actor appears like a second form of My own self. Like a picture, He displays My pastimes as a cowherd boy overflowing with wonderfully attractive sweetness and fragrance, which are so dear to the damsels of Vraja
- My dear Lord (Krsna), You are just like a magnet, and all the damsels of Vraja are just like iron: in whichever direction You are moving they are following You, as iron is attracted by magnetic force
- My dear Lord, what can I (Bilvamangala Thakura) say about the opulence of Your Vrndavana? Simply the ornaments on the legs of the damsels of Vrndavana are more than cintamani, and their dresses are as good as the heavenly parijata flowers
- Of the many objects of favored delight and of all the lovable damsels of Vrajabhumi, Srimati Radharani is certainly the most treasured object of Krsna's love. And, in every respect, Her divine kunda is described by great sages as similarly dear to Him
- On Krsna's chest are the ornaments of the Srivatsa marks, indicating the residence of the goddess of fortune. His chest, which is as broad as a plunderer's, attracts thousands upon thousands of damsels of Vraja, conquering their minds & breasts by force
- Only one who is very highly elevated in spiritual realization can understand the lusty feelings exchanged between Radha and Krsna, or between Krsna and the damsels of Vraja
- Taking advantage of the pleasing atmosphere, Krsna and Balarama began to sing very melodiously. The damsels became so absorbed in Their rhythmical song that they almost forgot themselves
- The anklets on the damsels of Vraja-bhumi are made of cintamani stone. The trees are wish-fulfilling trees, and they produce flowers with which the gopis decorate themselves
- The damsels in Vrajadhama were girls born of the vaisya class, and they engaged in protecting cows and producing agriculture. Krsna's foster father, Nanda Maharaja, and his associates were all vaisyas
- The damsels of Braja and Radharani were very expert in talking cunningly, so as soon as they saw Krsna they began their talkings; and Krsna, pretending to go for some flowers for them, immediately left that place and entered into a mountain cave
- The damsels of Vraja, the gopis, being attracted by the beauty of Krsna, simply wanted to embrace Him and His arms, which are like serpents. Thus the gopis ultimately tasted the nectar of the lotus feet of the Lord
- The damsels of Vrndavana, the gopis, are super goddesses of fortune. The enjoyer in Vrndavana is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. The trees there are all wish-fulfilling trees, and the land is made of transcendental touchstone
- The great Srimad-Bhagavatam, which is considered to be the book incarnation of the Lord gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- The vibration of His flute attracts even the goddesses of fortune in the Vaikuntha planets, to say nothing of the poor damsels of Vrndavana
- There is another hopelessness, however, which shows attachment for Krsna. When the bull demon attacked the damsels of Braja, they began to cry out, "My dear Krsna - please save us! We are now gone!" This is hopelessness with attachment for Krsna
- There is another statement in the Srimad-Bhagavatam telling of the damsels of Braja meeting Krsna at the sacred place of Kuruksetra, many years after their childhood pastimes
- These damsels (gopis, or cowherd girls) simply loved Krsna without any motive for material or spiritual gain
- They (the citizens of Mathura) also began to remember other enlivening activities, "The damsels of Vrndavana were so much pleased by seeing Krsna's beauty and participating in His activities that they forgot the troubles of material existence"
- This book incarnation of the Lord (the Srimad-Bhagavatam) gives much fascinating information of the transcendental pastimes of the Lord, like His rasa-lila with the spiritual cowherd damsels of Vrajabhumi
- This mood is unbounded in the damsels of Vraja, but among them it finds its perfection in Sri Radha
- This yogamaya potency (the internal potency) creates a spiritual sentiment in the minds of the damsels of Vraja by which they think of Lord Krsna as their paramour. This sentiment is never to be compared to mundane illicit sexual love
- To learn how Krsna enjoys pleasure, we must study the first nine cantos of Srimad-Bhagavatam, and then we should study the Tenth Canto, in which Krsna's pleasure potency is displayed in His pastimes with Radharani and the damsels of Vraja
- We find lusty desire among the gopis, among Krsna. But Krsna Caitanya Mahaprabhu recommends: There is no better mode of worship than it was conceived by the vrajavadhu, damsels of Vraja, Vrndavana, parakiya-rasa
- When I see such a display, My heart becomes greatly excited. I long for such pastimes and desire a form exactly like that of the damsels of Vraja
- While Krsna was joking in this way with the damsels of Braja, who with great hope had come to enjoy the rasa dance with Him, Subala was also on the scene, and he began to look at Krsna with wide and laughing eyes
- Who can describe the damsels of Vraja? They were all seated on the carts and were very beautifully dressed with ornaments and costly saris. They chanted the pastimes of child Krsna as usual