damsel | damsels
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Damsels"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- After the damsels of the heavenly planets bathe in the water, it becomes yellowish and fragrant due to the kunkuma from their bodies. Thus the elephants come to bathe there with their wives, the she-elephants, and they also drink the water
- Agnidhra went to a valley of Mandara Hill, where the damsels of the heavenly planets come down to stroll
- Atmospheric influences unsettled the forest elephants who flocked together in the sandalwood forest, and the blowing wind agitated the minds of the damsels there (the regions of Kuvera, in the Saugandhika forest) for further sexual enjoyment
- In a valley of Trikuta Mountain there was a garden called Rtumat. This garden belonged to the great devotee Varuna and was a sporting place for the damsels of the demigods. Flowers and fruits grew there in all seasons
- In these valleys, the treasurer of the gods, Kuvera, surrounded by beautiful women and praised by the Siddhas, generally enjoys pleasure. Kardama Muni also, surrounded by the beautiful damsels and his wife, went there and enjoyed for many, many years
- It is understood that even the damsels of the heavenly planets are polluted by thoughts of sex enjoyment, and therefore they come in airplanes to bathe in the rivers Nanda and Alakananda
- Satyabhama is a competitor of Srimati Radharani’s, but she always desires to come to the standard of Srimati Radharani. Radharani is so expert in all affairs that all the damsels of Vraja come to learn arts from Her
- Seeing her, the damsels suddenly rose and said with folded hands, "We are your maidservants. Tell us what we can do for you"
- Seeing Narada passing by, the damsels of heaven covered their bodies with cloth, but the two sons (Nalakuvara and Manigriva), being drunkards, did not have this decency. Narada became angry with their behavior and cursed them
- Since the bodies of the damsels in the upper planetary systems are so beautiful, we can just imagine how beautifully formed are the bodies of the Vaikuntha damsels or the damsels in Vrndavana, the gopis
- Srimati Radharani expands Herself in multiforms as the goddesses of fortune, the queens and the damsels of Vraja. Such expansions from Srimati Radharani are all Her plenary portions
- The asuras, who are passionate by nature, dominated as they are by the element of rajas, took it for a damsel, whose lotus feet resounded with the tinkling of anklets, whose eyes were wide with intoxication and whose hips were covered by fine cloth
- The beautiful damsels, the wives of the denizens of the heavenly planets, are compared to lightning. In summation, the airplanes with their passengers which came from higher planets to Kailasa were very pleasant to look at
- The damsels of the heavenly planets, polluted by thoughts of sex life, come down to bathe in the sanctified rivers and enjoy sprinkling water on their husbands
- The damsels of Vrajabhumi would often faint just by expecting such favors
- The lady continued, "We cannot estimate how many pious activities were executed by the damsels of Vrajabhumi so that they were able to enjoy the Supreme Personality of Godhead by looking upon the unparalleled beauty of His transcendental body"
- The pacified sages chanted Vedic prayers, the denizens of heaven sang, the beautiful damsels of the heavenly planets danced, and in this way, at the time of the appearance of Nara-Narayana, all signs of good fortune were visible
- The residents of all higher planetary systems, such as Gandharvaloka, Vidyadharaloka, Siddhaloka and Caranaloka, all combined and glorified the Lord by chanting His holy name as their wives and damsels danced with great joy
- The sixteen thousand cowherd damsels are a display of sixteen varieties of internal potencies of the Lord
- The two sons of Kuvera (the treasurer of the demigods) were puffed up on account of the opulence of their father, and so once on a heavenly planet they were enjoying themselves in a lake with some naked damsels of heaven
- The unadulterated action of the hladini-sakti is displayed in the dealings of the damsels of Vraja and Srimati Radharani, who is the topmost participant in that transcendental group
- The young damsels of Vraja were very nicely dressed and anointed with pulp of sandalwood and decorated with flowers
- Their (the damsels) hair loosened, their clothes slackened, and their garlands began to fall to the ground
- These girls (the damsels of Vraja), as well as the queens (of Dvaraka), underwent severe penances by taking vows, bathing and offering sacrifices in the fire, as prescribed in the scriptures
- This mood (the unwedded conjugal mood) is unbounded in the damsels of Vraja, but among them it finds its perfection in Sri Radha
- This yogamaya potency creates a spiritual sentiment in the minds of the damsels of Vraja by which they think of Lord Krsna as their paramour
- Trikuta Mountain has many lakes and rivers, with beaches covered by small gems resembling grains of sand. The water is as clear as crystal, and when the demigod damsels bathe in it, their bodies lend fragrance to the water and the breeze
- When the Lord was engaged in His pastimes of the rasa dance in the forest of Vrndavana, enlivening the sexual desires of the wives of the inhabitants of Vrndavana by sweet and melodious songs, a demon of the name Sankhacuda, kidnapped the damsels
- While He was passing in the northern direction all the celestial denizens known as Caranas & Gandharvas, as well as the munis & the damsels of the heavenly planets, prayed & offered Him all respects. The ocean offered Him oblations & a place of residence
- While He was passing in the northern direction, all the celestial denizens known as Caranas and Gandharvas, as well as the munis and the damsels of the heavenly planets, prayed and offered Him all respects
- While Sri Vyasadeva was following his son, beautiful young damsels who were bathing naked covered their bodies with cloth, although Sri Vyasadeva himself was not naked. But they had not done so when his son had passed
- Without the association of the damsels of Vraja, one cannot nourish or cherish such a transcendental understanding