Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
young | younger | youngest | youngs | youngsters
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Adolescence (7 P)
- ► Caitanya's Youthfulness (2 P)
- ► Damsels (2 C, 44 P)
- ► Our Youthfulness (Disciples of SP) (72 P)
Pages in category "Young"
The following 321 pages are in this category, out of 321 total.
- Abhimanyu, the son of Subhadra, Krsna's younger sister, was killed at the Battle of Kuruksetra by the combined efforts of all the commanders in King Duryodhana's army - namely Karna, Asvatthama, Jayadratha, Bhisma, Krpacarya and Dronacarya
- Bhismadeva's father was captivated by the young girl, Satyavati, and he wanted to marry her
- There are three Bharatas. One Bharata is the son of Rsabhadeva. Another Bharata is the son of Maharaja Dusyanta. Another Bharata is the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra
- When Haridasa Thakura was a young devotee of the Lord, he was similarly allured by the incarnation of Maya-devi, but Haridasa easily passed the test because of his unalloyed devotion to Lord Krsna
- Young devotee
- Young hearts
- Younger devotees
- A brahmacari cannot see any young woman. Even the guru's wife is young, he cannot go to the guru's wife. These are the restriction. Now where is that brahmacarya? No brahmacari. This is Kali-yuga. No tapasya
- A pure devotee follows in the footsteps of the gopis and worships the gopis as follows, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances to all the young cowherd girls, whose bodily features are so attractive"
- A young man accepts a young wife who is very beautiful in the beginning, but in due course of time, after giving birth to many children and becoming older and older, she demands many things from the husband to maintain the entire family
- Above even the humor of love between Krsna and His parents is the relationship of conjugal love. This is exhibited between the Lord and the young gopis in different ways - glancing, moving the eyebrows, speaking very sweet words, and exchanging smiles
- According to the will of the Pandavas, obeying them like a servant and offering obeisances like one younger in years. When he heard this, Maharaja Pariksit became overwhelmed with devotion to the lotus feet of the Lord
- After accepting the throne of the government by the fervent request of His younger brother Bharata, Lord Ramacandra ordered His younger brothers to go out and conquer the entire world, while He personally remained in the capital
- After seeing the young gopis bathe in the Yamuna, Krsna passed the rest of the morning with the boys
- After the meeting, the young brahmana started for Vrndavana. Upon arriving there, he first offered his respectful obeisances to the Deity and then narrated everything in full detail
- After the young brahmana submitted this statement, the elderly brahmana remained silent. Taking this opportunity, his son immediately came out with a stick to strike the younger man
- After these talks, the two brahmanas started for home. As usual, the young brahmana accompanied the elderly brahmana as if the older brahmana were a guru (spiritual master) and rendered him service in various ways
- After this incident, Satrajit's younger brother, in order to display the opulence of the family, took the jewel, put it on his neck and rode on horseback into the forest, making a show of his material opulence
- After this, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu saved Gopinatha Pattanayaka, the younger brother of Ramananda Raya, from being condemned to death by the King
- Aghasura happened to be the younger brother of Putana and Bakasura, and he thought, "Krsna has killed my brother and sister. Now I shall kill Him along with all His friends and calves." Aghasura was instigated by Kamsa, so he had come with determination
- Ajamila was a great sinner during his life, but at the time of death he accidentally called for his youngest son, whose name was Narayana, and the attendants of Lord Visnu came to relieve him from the bonds of Yamaraja, the superintendent of death
- Alas, all condemnation upon me! I acted so sinfully that I degraded my family tradition. Indeed, I gave up my chaste and beautiful young wife to have sexual intercourse with a fallen prostitute accustomed to drinking wine. All condemnation upon me
- All the cows were well decorated with garments and had full milk bags. They were mild-natured, young and beautiful and were accompanied by their calves
- All the people of the village then called for the elderly brahmana and brought him to their meeting place. The young brahmana then began to speak before them as follows
- Although he dressed the two young girls and decorated their bodies with his own hand, he remained unchanged. Such is the mind of Srila Ramananda Raya
- Although Krsna cheated the young unmarried gopis and made them stand naked before Him and enjoyed joking words with them, and although He treated them just like dolls and stole their garments, they were still pleased with Him and never lodged complaints
- Although one is strictly prohibited from staying with a woman in a secluded place, Narada Muni gave shelter to Prahlada Maharaja's young mother, who rendered service to him with great devotion and faith
- Although Santanu, being younger, was not eligible to occupy the throne, he disregarded his elder brother (Devapi). Consequently, there was no rainfall for twelve years
- Although the Lord is one in His various forms (advaitam acyutam anadim), still His form as the young enjoyer of the gopis and companion of the cowherd boys (kisora-murti) is the most perfect form
- Ambika had a younger sister named Kilimbika who was Narayani
- Another young gopi told her mother, "My dear mother, the birds, who are all looking at Krsna playing on His flute, are sitting very attentively on the branches and twigs of different trees"
- Are Ugrasena, whose son was the mischievous Kamsa, & his younger brother still living? Are Hrdika & his son Krtavarma happy? Are Akrura, Jayanta, Gada, Sarana & Satrujit all happy? How is Balarama, the Personality of Godhead & the protector of devotees?
- Arjuna and Bhima embraced Krsna with great jubilation, and the two younger brothers, namely Nakula and Sahadeva, touched the lotus feet of Krsna with tears in their eyes and offered their respects
- Arjuna embraced Krsna as a friend of the same age, whereas the two younger brothers, namely Nakula and Sahadeva, touched the lotus feet of Krsna to show Him respect
- As a younger brother He (Laksmana) could not stop Lord Rama from His resolution, and so He remained silent, although unhappy in His mind
- As far as the marriages are concerned, I have got all blessings, but the girls must be younger than the boys
- Asvamedham gavalambham, sannyasam pala-paitrkam, devarena sutotpattim, kalau panca vivarjayet. Asvamedha sacrifice, gomedha sacrifice, sannyasa, and to get child by devara, husband's younger brother, these things are forbidden in this age
- At that time the young brahmana said, "My dear gentlemen, please hear. Just to gain victory in an argument, this man is lying"
- Balarama had three wives and nine sons. The youngest son of his first wife was known as Madhusudana Gosvami. He took the title Bhattacarya and accepted the path of the smarta or Mayavada philosophy
- Because he (Dhrtarastra) was blind from birth, he was disqualified from his rightful claim to the throne of Hastinapura. But he could not forget the bereavement, and his disappointment was somewhat compensated after the death of Pandu, his younger brother
- Because in our house, my father used to receive so many sannyasis, but some of them were not very to the standard, and due to my association with college friends, younger days, I lost my faith practically, although I was born in a Vaisnava family
- Because the sex-urge is so strong in young persons, and because they are used to mixing freely with one another, I encourage my students to get themselves married
- Being an ideal king, Maharaja Yudhisthira wanted to retire just to set an example for others. As soon as there is some young fellow to look after the household affairs, one should at once retire from family life to uplift oneself to spiritual realization
- Being reluctant to accept material enjoyment, Manu's youngest son, whose name was Kavi, gave up the kingdom before attaining full youth
- Bhagavan Acarya said to Svarupa Damodara, "Gopala, my younger brother, has returned to my home, having concluded his study of Vedanta philosophy"
- Bhima and Arjuna embraced the Lord because they were of the same age, but Nakula and Sahadeva bowed down before the Lord because they were younger than He
- Bhismadeva, in Rajasuya-yajna, admitted that "Nobody is better brahmacari than Krsna. He was within the gopis, all young girls, but He remained a brahmacari"
- By your gracious connection with your family, all the members of your family, namely, your sister, your two younger brothers, as well as your mother, are coming in contact with Krishna Consciousness
- Citrangada, of whom Vicitravirya was the younger brother, was killed by a Gandharva who was also named Citrangada
- Cruel death cares for no one, be he Dhrtarastra or even Maharaja Yudhisthira; therefore spiritual instruction, as was given to old Dhrtarastra, was equally applicable to younger Maharaja Yudhisthira
- Cyavana Muni was not young but indeed old enough to be Sukanya's grandfather and was also very irritable, Sukanya, the beautiful young daughter of a king, submitted herself to her old husband and tried to please him in all respects
- Daksa was so cruel that he would not save her (Prasuti's) youngest daughter, Sati, from the act of committing suicide in the presence of her sisters
- Damodara Pandita replied, "Sankara is my younger brother, but from today he becomes my elder brother because of Your special mercy upon him"
- Dhruva Maharaja's younger brother Uttama, who was still unmarried, once went on a hunting excursion and was killed by a powerful Yaksa in the Himalaya Mountains. Along with him, his mother, Suruci, also followed the path of her son (she died)
- Do you think you have attained peace? Can anyone of you say, "Yes, I am completely in peace." Then why the youngsters are so much frustrated and confused?
- Draupadi was the most beautiful daughter of King Drupada, and when she was a young girl almost all the princes desired her hand. But Drupada Maharaja decided to hand over his daughter to Arjuna only and therefore contrived a peculiar way
- During Krsna's advent, the Vedic scholars took birth in the shape of the gopis in Vrndavana; as young gopis, they got the association of Krsna in fulfillment of their previous birth's desire
- Except in relationship to Vedic mantras, seniority is determined by age, but one may offer respectful obeisances even to a younger person who is advanced in chanting Vedic mantras
- Expert learned scholars say that laughing is generally found amongst youngsters or in the combination of old persons and young children. This ecstatic loving laughing is sometimes also found in persons who are very grave by nature
- First of all he (King Nagnajit) gave them (Krsna and Satya) 10,000 cows and 3,000 well-dressed young maidservants, ornamented up to their necks. This system of dowry is still current in India, especially for ksatriya princes
- Following him were his young brothers Nakula and Sahadeva, along with Arjuna, and they all became so overwhelmed at seeing Krsna that with full satisfaction they embraced the Lord, who is known as Acyuta (the infallible)
- Following his (Pradyumna's) command, many warriors like Satyaki, Carudesna and Samba, all young brothers of Pradyumna, as well as Akrura, Krtavarma, Bhanuvinda, Gada, Suka and Sarana, all came out of the city to fight with Salva
- For this reason the ministers & all the elderly members of the family thought Utkala to be without intelligence & in fact, mad. Thus his younger brother, named Vatsara, the son of Bhrami, was elevated to the royal throne, and he became king of the world
- Friends of His own age and younger friends worshiped Him, and He returned their respectful obeisances, as did Laksmana and mother Sita. In this way they all entered the palace
- Friends who were younger than Krsna, who were always attached to Him and who gave Him all kinds of service, are called ordinary friends, or, simply, friends
- From the very beginning of his childhood, my younger brother Anupama was a great devotee of Raghunatha (Lord Ramacandra), and he worshiped Him with great determination
- Gauridasa Pandita was the younger brother of Suryadasa Sarakhela, and with the permission of his elder brother he shifted his residence to the bank of the Ganges, living there in the town known as Ambika-kalana
- Generally a man's tendency is to enjoy many women, and even at the very end of life the sex impulse is so strong that even though one is very old he still wants to enjoy the company of young girls
- Generally it is the ambition of a young girl to have a very handsome husband who is learned, clever, young and rich
- Generally, people think that childhood is meant for enjoying life by engaging oneself in sports and play, youth is meant for enjoying the company of young girls, and when one becomes old, at the time of death, then he may try to execute devotional service
- Having won his kingdom and observed the birth of one grandson competent to continue the noble tradition of his family, Maharaja Yudhisthira reigned peacefully and enjoyed uncommon opulence in cooperation with his younger brothers
- He (Krsna) accepted the position of younger cousin to Yudhisthira, He was speaking in a very gentle tone which enhanced His beautiful bodily features
- He (Krsna) arranged for suitable garments and ornaments for them (the young princesses), and each of them, seated on a palanquin, was dispatched to Dvaraka City
- He (Lord Krsna) was nursed by a woman named Ambika, who had a younger sister named Kilimbika. During the time of Lord Caitanya's incarnation, the same Kilimbika used to eat the remnants of food left by Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- He (Maharaja Yudhisthira) ruled over the kingdom as a matter of duty, assisted by his younger brothers
- He is full of all opulences. Therefore He could not possibly have suffered because of separation from His wife, nor could He have given up His wife and Laksmana, His younger brother. To give up either would have been absolutely impossible
- He said, "My Lord, You are the protector of brahminical culture, and You are also very merciful. Therefore, kindly show Your great mercy by protecting the religious principles of us two brahmanas"
- Hearing the emphatic statement of the younger brahmana, some atheists in the meeting began to cut jokes. However, someone else said, "After all, the Lord is merciful, and if He likes, He can come"
- Her (Satadruti's) bodily features were completely beautiful, and she was very young. She was decorated with the proper garments
- Hiranyakasipu was himself very powerful, and he made his younger brother, Hiranyaksa, powerful to assist him in fighting with everyone and lording it over material nature as long as possible
- His (Dhrtarastra's) father, Vicitravirya, died long ago, when he and his younger brothers were all little children, and it was due to the care and kindness of Bhismadeva that they were properly brought up
- His (Krsna's) naughty dealings with His young girl friends cannot bewilder a pure devotee like Uddhava. Others, who are not devotees, are bewildered by such behavior of the Lord
- His (Krsna's) younger sister, Subhadra, was also standing there with Draupadi, and both offered their respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of the Lord
- His younger brother, Hiranyaksa, was always ready to satisfy his elder brother by his activities. Hiranyaksa took a club on his shoulder and traveled all over the universe with a fighting spirit just to satisfy Hiranyakasipu
- I (Krsna) have heard that after King Pandu's death, his young sons - Yudhisthira, Bhima, Arjuna, Nakula and Sahadeva - along with their widowed mother, have come under the charge of Dhrtarastra, who is to look after them as their guardian
- I am a young sannyasi, and I actually have no knowledge of what is good and what is bad. Therefore I am taking shelter of you and accepting you as My spiritual master
- I am celebrated throughout the whole world as brahmacari, but if I would have been in the position of Krsna... He was dancing with young girls, but He was not agitated. But I would have been agitated. I admit
- I am extremely happy to hear that a firm of young lawyers are now working with us to help us spread this movement by helping us to flood the world with our books
- I am glad to see that my Thursday lectures have brought some changes in the mind of the young offenders. If the lectures are continued I am sure to turn these offenders into saintly characters
- I am now 75 years old. I never thought how far I shall be able to travel such a long distance. But as people say I am still younger, then maybe sooner or later I shall come back to New York again
- I am so happy that the Krishna Consciousness movement is attracting young innocent hearts of America. From this I can think that the future of this movement is very hopeful
- I am so much grateful that you have enjoyed studying my books. Many young intelligent persons such as yourself are studying these books in the colleges and universities all over the world
- I am so pleased that you have taken my two young disciples, Vaikunthanatha and Saradia, from Trinidad for preaching work. It is so kind of you that you are appreciating their work in this connection
- I have got a sister. She is three years younger than me. So sometimes I chastise her like anything, because we have the same feeling. She is younger. Seventy-seven years, younger sister. But the feeling is there, younger
- I have heard that there is very good potential for spreading Krishna Consciousness movement in Toronto especially among the large younger population. So I think this will be a good field for you to work enthusiastically
- I have read that you are "screening very carefully'' the children who want to come there. That is not a very good proposal. All children of devotees should be welcome. Even they have developed some unfavorable qualities, they are only young children
- I hope you are taking care of the Deities with greater attention, and teaching your younger God brothers and sisters to follow the Arcana bidhi. As we open many branches, we shall require many devotees like you to take care of the Deities very nicely
- I require the cooperation of the Indian, especially young men, educated men. Come forward. Stay with us. Study Bhagavad-gita. We haven't got anything to manufacture. Nothing to manufacture. And what we can manufacture? We are all imperfect
- I was surprised when I came to your country. I saw young girls and ladies, they have no bangles, no ornaments. At least, I was surprised. And smoking cigarettes. What is this opulence?
- I'll give you a practical example. This is my personal experience. One boy was suffering from some typhoid disease, and he asked his younger brother, "Please give me some biscuit"
- If Indian young men join me I am immediately ready for this travelling touring from village to village, town to town
- If my young disciples, especially those who have taken sannyasa, take charge of traveling all over the world, it may be possible for me to transfer the curse of the parents to these young preachers
- If someone very great by material calculations fails to take shelter of the Supreme Soul but instead becomes attached to material household life, his greatness is like that of a young, low-class couple
- If the wife of the spiritual master is young, a young brahmacari should not allow her to care for his hair, massage his body with oil, or bathe him with affection like a mother
- If the younger section of all countries combine together on this cultural training of Krishna Consciousness, there will be great change on the present situation of the world
- If you simply say, 'I do not remember,' I shall take care of the rest. By argument, I shall defeat the young brahmana
- If your friends who are "educated and ambitious band of young workers" will agree to follow my direction, I think they can render a great service to the human society
- In addition to these nineteen sons, there were eighty-one younger ones, all born of Rsabhadeva and Jayanti. According to the order of their father, they became well cultured, well behaved, very pure in their activities and expert in Vedic knowledge
- In course of time it came to pass that people in general became accustomed to greed, anger, pride, etc. Maharaja Yudhisthira, observing all these omens, spoke to his younger brother (Arjuna)
- In India, if one's name is Krsna, we say Krishta. My younger brother, his name was Krsna. So we were calling him Krishta. So Krishta, Christian
- In the city, when Satrajit's younger brother Prasena did not return from the forest with the jewel, Satrajit became very upset. He did not know that his brother had been killed by a lion and that the lion had been killed by Jambavan
- In the presence of all the townspeople, Lord Gopala bore witness that the elderly brahmana had offered his daughter in charity to the young brahmana
- In this connection, Sukadeva Gosvami speaks in the Sixth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, 2nd Chapter, 17th verse, about the story of Ajamila, who began life as a fine and dutiful brahmana but in his young manhood became wholly corrupted by a prostitute
- In this manvantara, the Supreme Personality of Godhead appeared as the youngest of all the Adityas, known as Vamana, the dwarf. His father was Kasyapa and His mother Aditi
- In this verse it is figuratively stated that the younger brother of desire suddenly appeared in person when the sages (the four Kumaras) were forbidden to see their most beloved Personality of Godhead
- In Vrndavana You also have Your father's elder brothers, Your father's younger brothers, maternal uncles, husbands of Your father's sisters and many cowherd men. There are also cowherd boyfriends, and You eat twice a day, morning and evening
- Indeed, the young brahmana always rendered service to the older one, and the old man, being very satisfied with his service, was pleased with him
- Is my (Yudhisthira's) respectable grandfather Surasena in a happy mood? And are my maternal uncle Vasudeva and his younger brothers all doing well?
- It appears that Gopala Bhattacarya, the younger brother of Bhagavan Acarya, had studied Vedanta according to the way of the Sariraka-bhasya, which expounds the Mayavada philosophy of the impersonalists
- It especially enters Goloka Vrndavana-dhama and attracts the minds of the young damsels of Vrajabhumi, bringing them forcibly to where Krsna is present
- It is very good news that the girl Haridasi is dreaming about Krishna, and Krishna is playing with her; it is very much encouraging. It means she will come out a great and successful devotee of Krishna when she is grown up and young
- It may be noted that by dispatching his younger brothers to conquer in different directions, King Yudhisthira did not actually intend that they declare war upon the kings
- It was not a very easy task for the King (Anga) to give up his opulent kingdom and young, faithful wife
- Jamadagni then ordered his youngest son, Parasurama, to kill his brothers, who had disobeyed this order, and his mother, who had mentally committed adultery
- Jambavan had been a great devotee of the Lord since the time of Lord Ramacandra, so he did not take the valuable jewel (Syamantaka) as something he very much needed. He gave it to his young son to play with as a toy
- Janamejaya celebrated several sacrifices in the Kuruksetra pilgrimage site, and he had three younger brothers named Srutasena, Ugrasena and Bhimasena II
- Jarasandha said, "As far as Arjuna is concerned, I know that he is younger than me and is not an equal fighter. I refuse to fight with him because he is not in any way an equal competitor"
- Kamsa had eight brothers, headed by Kanka, all of them younger than he, and when they learned that their elder brother had been killed, they combined together and rushed toward Krsna in great anger to kill Him
- Kamsa tried to dash the child downward against a piece of stone, but since she was Yogamaya, the younger sister of Lord Visnu, she slipped upward and assumed the form of the goddess Durga
- Kamsa, Kamsavati, Kanka, Surabhu and Rastrapalika were the daughters of Ugrasena. They became the wives of Vasudeva's younger brothers
- Kartaviryarjuna having left with the kamadhenu, Parasurama returned to the asrama. When Parasurama, the youngest son of Jamadagni, heard about Kartaviryarjuna's nefarious deed, he became as angry as a trampled snake
- Kasyapa took him (Lord Siva) as his younger brother because the youngest sister of Diti (Kasyapa's wife) was married to Lord Siva
- Keep your younger brother Sankara with you because he is connected to Me by pure unalloyed love
- King Nrga said that the cows he had given in charity were not ordinary cows. Each one was very young and had given birth to only one calf. They were full of milk, very peaceful, and healthy
- King Yayati had four younger brothers, whom he allowed to rule the four directions. Yayati himself married Devayani, the daughter of Sukracarya, and Sarmistha, the daughter of Vrsaparva, and ruled the entire earth
- King Yayati then requested Puru, who was younger than these three brothers but more qualified, "My dear son, do not be disobedient like your elder brothers, for that is not your duty"
- King Yudhisthira, being thus assured by the indication of Lord Krsna, ordered his youngest brother, Sahadeva, accompanied by soldiers of the Srnjaya tribe, to conquer the southern countries
- Krsna and Balarama present Themselves as younger brother and elder brother, but in the scriptures They are described as the original Supreme Personality of Godhead and His expansion
- Krsna said, "Some of you (the gopis) must have babies by this time, although you are very young. You must have left your small babies at home, and they must be crying. Please immediately go back home and just feed them with your breast milk"
- Krsna's ten sons by Kalindi were as follows: Sruta, Kavi, Vrsa, Vira, Subahu, Bhadra, Santi, Darsa, Purnamasa and Somaka, the youngest son
- Lake Bindu-sarovara was adorned by flowering trees such as kadamba, campaka, asoka, karanja, bakula, asana, kunda, mandara, kutaja and young mango trees
- Lalitagopi addressed Srimati Radharani, "I do not know how You could repose all Your loving propensities upon this lusty young boy from the neighborhood of the cowherds"
- Liver doesn't work nicely, teeth does not work nicely, there is susceptibility to cold. Old age. All my young friends, they have all died. Nobody's living. One or two still
- Lord Balarama then offered His respectful obeisances to the elderly cowherd men and accepted the obeisances of the younger cowherd men. Thus, according to their different ages and relationships, Lord Balarama exchanged feelings of friendship with them
- Lord Caitanya asked the youngest son's name, and Sivananda Sena informed the Lord that his name was Paramananda dasa
- Lord Nityananda Svarupa formerly appeared as Laksmana and served Lord Ramacandra as His younger brother
- Lord Siva's body is reddish, and he is unstained, but he is covered with ashes. His hair is dusty from the whirlwind dust of the burning crematorium. He is the younger brother of your (Diti's) husband (Kasyapa), and he sees with his three eyes
- Lord Siva's body is reddish, and he is unstained, but he is covered with ashes. His hair is dusty from the whirlwind dust of the burning crematorium. He is the younger brother of your husband, and he sees with his three eyes
- Madhavidevi, the seventeenth of the prominent devotees, was the younger sister of Sikhi Mahiti. She is considered to have formerly been a maidservant of Srimati Radharani
- Maharaja Drupada, although defeated by Arjuna on behalf of his professor Dronacarya, decided to hand over his daughter Draupadi to his young combatant
- Maharaja Priyavrata married Barhismati, the daughter of the prajapati named Visvakarma. In her he begot ten sons equal to him in beauty, character, magnanimity and other qualities. He also begot a daughter, the youngest of all, named Urjasvati
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said to his younger brother Bhimasena, I sent Arjuna to Dvaraka to meet his friends and to learn from the Personality of Godhead Krsna of His program of work
- Maitreya continued: Vijitasva, the eldest son of Maharaja Prthu, who had a reputation like his father's, became emperor and gave his younger brothers different directions of the world to govern, for he was very affectionate toward his brothers
- Matrvat para-daresu. From the very beginning of life, all women they are treated as mother. That is the system, Vedic system. Everyone will call a woman as "Mother." Never mind whether she is younger or older. It doesn't matter
- Maya saw me very successful within one year, so that I got so many sincere young flowers like yourself and others, so it was a great defeat to the activities of maya
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "My dear Rama, the glory of Your family, my dear child, please come back with Your younger brother Krsna immediately. You have been engaged in playing since early morning, and You must be very tired"
- My dear young friends born of demons, please act in such a way that the Supreme Lord, who is beyond the conception of material knowledge, will be satisfied
- My dear young wife, certainly friends and relatives offer mutual greetings by standing up, welcoming one another and offering obeisances
- My wife gave birth at the age of fourteen years. She is still living. She is ten years younger than me. So sixty-eight, sixty-nine she is. She gave birth child at the age of fourteen. In 1918 I was married, and 1921 she gave birth to child, my first son
- Myself, I was very young when I got married, and my wife was 11 years only. But there is no question of separation in our marriage belief, neither your daughter will ever be separated from that boy, that is their vow
- Nakula and Sahadeva (the younger brothers of the King) and also Satyaki, Arjuna, the Personality of Godhead Lord Sri Krsna, son of Devaki, and the ladies and others all unanimously agreed with the King
- Naturally the last son, the youngest son is very father's pet
- Next appeared Varuni, the lotus-eyed goddess who controls drunkards. With the permission of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the demons, headed by Bali Maharaja, took possession of this young girl
- Nilambara Cakravarti, the grandfather of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, was very intimately related to Raghunatha dasa's father and uncle. Nilambara Cakravarti used to call them his younger brothers
- Not only should a woman be faithful and chaste to her husband, but she should also be affectionate to the friends of her husband, obedient to the father and mother of her husband, and affectionate to the younger brothers of her husband
- Not only young children, but anyone who is unaware of the science of Krsna consciousness, he is also child. And anyone who knows this science, he is old
- Now the Western people have to take the leadership of spreading Vedic culture all over the world. I have given the initiation, but the rest of the work will depend on you young men and women of America
- Of Ciranjiva's two sons, the elder, Ramacandra Kaviraja, was a disciple of Srinivasa Acarya and an intimate associate of Narottama dasa Thakura. The younger son was Govinda dasa Kaviraja, the famous Vaisnava poet
- Oh, you, you plundered my father in the place of pilgrimage. You gave him some LSD or something, (laughter) intoxication. You took all the money from my father. Now you say that he has promised to offer you my youngest sister. You fool!
- One devotee boldly said, "My dear Lord, now I am turning my face from any thought of association with young girls. As far as Brahman realization is concerned, I have lost all interest, because I am completely absorbed in thinking about You
- One devotee said, "My dear Govinda, here is a nice flowery bush in Kailasa. I am a young girl, and You are a young poetic boy. After this, what more can I say? You just consider." This is an example of uparasa, caused by impudence in conjugal love
- One devotee said, "My dear Govinda, here is a nice flowery bush in Kailasa. I am a young girl, and You are a young poetic boy. After this, what more can I say? You just consider." This is an example of uparasa, caused by impudency in conjugal love
- One of His younger brothers, Laksmanaji, desired to go with Him, and so also His eternal wife, Sitaji, desired to go with Him. The Lord agreed to both of them, and all together they entered the Dandakaranya Forest, to live there for fourteen years
- One of the two brahmanas was an old man, and the other was young. The young man was assisting the old one
- Our aim of starting a centre in India is to attract Indian youngsters by American devotees. Combined together we shall be able to make a wide circulation of the Krishna Consciousness movement
- Our request is that younger section may not feel confused and frustration. There is very nice hope
- Raudrasva had ten sons, named Rteyu, Kakseyu, Sthandileyu, Krteyuka, Jaleyu, Sannateyu, Dharmeyu, Satyeyu, Vrateyu and Vaneyu. Of these ten sons, Vaneyu was the younges
- Real yoga aims at ridding one of the material body. Yoga practice is not intended to keep the body fit and young
- Regarding the Vedas personified, they should be drawn just like you have seen some pictures of great sages. They are young in appearance like perfect Vaisnavas, and they may be shown with tilak and Vaisnava markings in that way
- Rupa Gosvami's younger brother was a great devotee whose actual name was Sri Vallabha, but he was given the name Anupama Mallika
- Sacrifice as mentioned in the Vedas is not actually cow-killing. In that sacrifice an old bull or cow was sacrificed for the sake of receiving a fresh younger life by the power of Vedic mantras
- Seeing a stick in the hand of the son, the younger brahmana fled. The next day, however, he gathered together all the people of the village
- She (Rukmini) did not want it to be at the loss of her elder brother (Rukmi), who, after all, loved his young sister and wanted to hand her over to one who, according to his own calculations, was a better man
- She (the younger sister of Visnu, Goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- Since your father and his elder brother are younger brothers of Nilambara Cakravarti, I may joke about them in this way
- Sincerely, seriously, they (young princesses) offered their hearts to Krsna's lotus feet with unalloyed devotional attitude. As the Supersoul in everyone's heart, Krsna could understand their uncontaminated desire, He agreed to accept them as His wives
- So far Himavati's engagement is concerned, she is organizing the nursery here in Vrindaban for the young children
- So far my travels, from Bombay you may have heard, I went to Moscow. We stayed there for five days. There are many younger Muscovites who are very anxious for joining our movement
- Social freedom of man and woman, especially among the younger section, is certainly a great stumbling block on the path of spiritual progress
- Somaka had one hundred sons, of whom the youngest was Prsata. From Prsata was born King Drupada, who was opulent in all supremacy
- Sometimes He (Sri Krsna) is called Narayana; sometimes Upendra (Vamana), the younger brother of Indra, King of heaven; and sometimes Ksirodakasayi Visnu. Sometimes He is called the thousand-hooded Sesa Naga, and sometimes the Lord of Vaikuntha
- Sometimes in the neophyte stage of devotional service, in order to withstand the attack of Maya and remain strong under all conditions of temptation, young or inexperienced devotees will adopt an attitude against those things or persons possibly harmful
- Sri Anupama was the father of Srila Jiva Gosvami and younger brother of Sri Sanatana Gosvami and Sri Rupa Gosvami
- Sri Vallabha Bhatta had two sons. The elder, Gopinatha, was born in 1432 Sakabda Era (A.D. 1510), and the younger, Viththalesvara, was born in 1437 (A.D. 1515) and died in 1507 (A.D. 1585)
- Srila Raghunatha dasa Gosvami was most probably born in the year 1416 Sakabda (A.D. 1494) in a kayastha family as the son of Govardhana Majumadara, who was the younger brother of the then zamindar, Hiranya Majumadara
- Striyah sudras tatha vaisyah. A woman is meant for being protected. So long she is not young, she is under the protection of the father. And as soon as she is young, she is given in charge, in charity. Kanya-dana. Dana means charity
- Students are the future hope, young students
- Sukadeva Gosvami said: After speaking in this way to his wife, Devayani, King Yayati, who was now free from all material desires, called his youngest son, Puru, and returned Puru's youth in exchange for his own old age
- Surrounded by the herd's other elephants, including females, and followed by the young ones, Gajapati, the leader of the elephants, made Trikuta Mountain tremble all around because of the weight of his body
- Suruci, the younger mother of Dhruva Maharaja, seeing that the innocent boy had fallen at her feet, immediately picked him up, embracing him with her hands, and with tears of feeling she blessed him with the words, "My dear boy, long may you live!"
- Suryadasa Sarakhela and his younger brother Krsnadasa Sarakhela both possessed firm faith in Nityananda Prabhu. They were a reservoir of love of Godhead
- Taking this opportunity, the elderly brahmana immediately confirmed that this was really true. He said, "If Gopala personally comes here to serve as a witness, I shall surely give my daughter to the young brahmana"
- That old man Ajamila had ten sons, of whom the youngest was a baby named Narayana. Since Narayana was the youngest of all the sons, he was naturally very dear to both his father and his mother
- That year, Sivananda Sena brought with him his wife and youngest son, Puri dasa
- The brahmana was very upset because of the untimely death of the child in the presence of his young father and mother. Thus his mind became very much disturbed
- The brahmana's younger wife, after entrusting her twin children - the boy and girl - to the elder wife, departed for Patiloka, voluntarily dying with her husband
- The brothers had one young sister, Rukmini. She was beautiful and chaste and was meant to be married to Lord Krsna. Many saintly persons and sages like Narada Muni used to visit the palace of King Bhismaka
- The child immediately slipped out of his (Kamsa's) hands, went up into the sky and appeared with eight arms as the younger sister of Visnu
- The demigods continued (to Visvarupa): Do not fear criticism for being younger than us. Such etiquette does not apply in regard to Vedic mantras
- The devotees are pained to see the hunting and killing of animals in the forest, the wholesale slaughter of animals in the slaughterhouses, and the exploitation of young girls in brothels that function under different names as clubs and societies
- The elder brother of Yavana-raja, known as Prajvara, set fire to the city to please his younger brother, whose other name is fear itself
- The elderly brahmana said, "If I do not give my daughter to the young brahmana, he will call Sri Gopalaji as a witness. Thus he will take my daughter by force, and in that case my religious principles will become meaningless"
- The eldest son of Gauridasa Pandita was known as big Balarama, and the youngest was known as Raghunatha. The sons of Raghunatha were Mahesa Pandita and Govinda. Gauridasa Pandita's daughter was known as Annapurna
- The eleventh branch, the younger brother of Damodara Pandita, was known as Sankara Pandita
- The eleventh branch, the younger brother of Damodara Pandita, was known as Sankara Pandita. He was celebrated as the shoes of the Lord
- The etiquette is to address every woman, never mind whether she is young or old, as "Mother." This is brahmacari
- The father, Manu, handed over his first daughter, Akuti, to the sage Ruci, the middle daughter, Devahuti, to the sage Kardama, and the youngest, Prasuti, to Daksa. From them, all the world filled with population
- The gopis said, "He (Krsna) has stolen our hearts and gone away. If you have seen Him, kindly inform us which way He has gone. Dear asoka tree, dear naga flower tree and campaka flower tree, have you seen the younger brother of Balarama pass this way?"
- The gopis said, "Krsna is the well-wisher of Vrndavana. He is as kind to you as to us; therefore after leaving us, He must have been present in your company. O fortunate trees, we are thinking of Krsna, the younger brother of Balarama"
- The great King Maharaja Bharata began to think: Alas, this helpless young deer, by the force of time, an agent of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, has now lost its relatives and friends and has taken shelter of me
- The husband of one's sister is considered one's brother. By that social relationship, Lord Siva happened to be the younger brother of Kasyapa
- The Kaliyanaga's wives addressed Krsna, "My dear cowherd boy, we are all only young wives of the Kaliyanaga, so why do you agitate our minds by sounding Your flute"
- The kissing of the Lord, either by His wives or His young girl friends who aspired to have the Lord as their fiance, is not of any mundane perverted quality
- The Lord (Caitanya) formed another group (during the Ratha-yatra), appointing Govinda Ghosa as leader. In this group the younger Haridasa, Visnudasa and Raghava were the responding singer
- The Lord (Krsna) was sitting, taking rest against a young banyan tree, with His right lotus foot on His left thigh, and although He had left all household comforts, He looked quite cheerful in that posture
- The Lord was also accompanied by Hanuman (or by another monkey, Sugriva), king of the monkeys, and by His own younger brother Lord Laksmana, both of whom gave Him relief from the fatigue of wandering in the forest
- The Lord, although transcendental to all material modes, still surpassed all the qualities of the sons of Aditi, known as the Adityas. The Lord appeared as the youngest son of Aditi
- The next day, the elderly brahmana was thinking deeply about this matter when the young brahmana came to his house
- The older man told the younger, "You have rendered various types of service to me. You have assisted me in traveling to all these places of pilgrimage"
- The queens at Dvaraka were svakiya, or duly married wives, but the damsels of Vraja were young friends of the Lord while He was unmarried
- The sacrifice in yajna, recommended, that is not for killing the animal, but it is a testing, how the Vedic mantras are being properly chanted. Because an old animal put into the fire, by Vedic mantras he would come out again with young life
- The same young gopi said, "From their features it appears that they have forgotten everything and are engaged only in hearing Krsna’s flute"
- The same young gopi said, "This proves that they are not ordinary birds; they are great sages and devotees, and just to hear Krsna's flute they have appeared in Vrndavana forest as birds"
- The son of Sri Vallabha, or Anupama, Srila Rupa Gosvami's younger brother, was the great learned scholar named Srila Jiva Gosvami
- The Supreme Lord induced the son of Dharma to perform three horse sacrifices, and Maharaja Yudhisthira, constantly following Krsna, the Personality of Godhead, protected and enjoyed the earth, assisted by his younger brothers
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, knowing the minds of the unmarried young gopis, blessed them with their desired objective. They had prayed for Krsna to become their husband, and Krsna wanted to fulfill their desires
- The two younger Pandava brothers (Nakula and Sahadeva), after being embraced by Lord Krsna, fell down at His lotus feet to offer their respects
- The victimized Ajamila engaged in sinful acts in her association because his intelligence was pierced by the lustful glance of the prostitute. He even gave up the company of his very beautiful young wife, who came from a very respectable brahmana family
- The wise man becomes by knowledge, not by age. Even an old man, if he has no knowledge, what is...? He is not wise man. Wise means one who has attained knowledge. He may be young, he may be old. It doesn't matter
- The woman was protected on all sides by a five-hooded snake. She was very beautiful and young, and she appeared very anxious to find a suitable husband
- The young brahmana came to him and offered respectful obeisances. Then, very humbly folding his hands, he spoke as follows
- The young brahmana continued, "My dear Sir, You are very merciful and You know everything. Therefore, kindly be a witness in this case. A person who knows things as they are and still does not bear witness becomes involved in sinful activities"
- The young brahmana replied, "My dear sir, even if You appear there as a four-handed Visnu Deity, still, none of those people will believe in Your words"
- The young brahmana said, "You have a wife and sons, and you have a large circle of relatives and friends"
- The young brahmana then said, "Will all you gentlemen present please hear me? This elderly brahmana is certainly truthful and is following religious principles"
- The young brahmana then went to the town and informed all the people about Gopala's arrival. Hearing this, the people were struck with wonder
- The young brahmana took this opportunity to speak: "Please write this down on paper in black and white so that you may not again change your word of honor"
- The young brahmana walked and walked in this way until he eventually arrived in his own country. When he neared his own village, he began to think as follows
- The young damsels of Vraja were very nicely dressed and anointed with pulp of sandalwood and decorated with flowers
- The young queens (of Krsna) were so beautiful that when they moved they appeared like lightning moving in the sky
- The young queens of Krsna were always dressed with excellent ornaments and garments and were always engaged in sportive activities like dancing, singing or playing ball on the roofs of the palaces
- The younger brahmana replied, "If you have decided to give your young daughter to me, then say so before the Gopala Deity"
- The younger brahmana replied, "My dear sir, please hear me. You are saying something very unusual. Such a thing never happens"
- The younger brother of desire is anger. If one's desire is not fulfilled, the younger brother, anger, follows
- The younger brothers of Yudhisthira observed that the age of Kali had already arrived throughout the world & that the citizens of the kingdom were already affected by irreligious practice. Therefore they decided to follow their elder brother
- The younger Madhucchandas accepted Sunahsepha as their eldest brother and told him, "We shall follow your orders." Visvamitra then said to his obedient sons, "Because you have accepted Sunahsepha as your eldest brother, I am very satisfied
- The youngest son of Jagannatha Misra, Visvambhara, later became known as Nimai Pandita and then Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Their faces were decorated with tilaka and smeared with the dust raised by the cows, and Krsna's head was decorated with a peacock feather. Both He and Balarama played Their flutes, and the young gopis were joyous to see Krsna returning home
- Then the younger brahmana addressed the Deity, saying, "My dear Lord, You are my witness. I shall call for You to testify if it is necessary later on"
- There (Naihati, in Bengal) he (Padmanabha) had five sons, of whom the youngest, Mukunda, had a well-behaved son named Kumaradeva, who was the father of Rupa, Sanatana and Vallabha
- There are many younger Muscovites who are very anxious for joining our movement. Unfortunately the government is so strict that it is difficult to take their cooperation for starting a center there. Everything is strictly under government control
- There is an instance when Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula, became greatly gladdened at seeing the effulgent glowing of Krsna's footprints
- There is one boy there Ksudhi Dasa who is very young boy, so I want you to go there to take charge of the preaching program there in Durban
- There may be a nice, beautiful young girl, everyone is hankering after her, but as soon as the spirit soul is gone, nobody will like to accept it. Immediately it becomes useless
- There sat the King of the Kurus, Maharaja Yudhisthira, along with his younger brothers and Dhrtarastra, Gandhari, Kunti and Draupadi, all overwhelmed with grief. Lord Krsna was also there
- These two associates of the Lord-Jaya and Vijaya later descended to the material world, taking birth as the two sons of Diti, Hiranyakasipu being the elder and Hiranyaksa the younger. They were very much respected by the Daityas and Danavas
- These two young men, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, are by fortune the sons of the great demigod Kuvera, but because of false prestige and madness after drinking liquor, they are so fallen that they are naked but cannot understand that they are
- They (the gopis) were householder wives, young girls having children to feed, carrying out the order of superiors; father-in-law, mother-in-law, sister-in-law, satisfying the whims of the husband, executing so many household duties from morning to night
- They considered the fact that Jada Bharata was very young and strong and had firm limbs. Like cows and asses, he was quite fit to carry loads
- They were equally friendly to everyone; above all, they were young and quite fit to act as qualified brahmanas. Besides the cows, they were also given land, gold, houses, horses and elephants
- They were executed in holy places according to the proper time by priests who were all young and faithful. In this way Lord Visnu was worshiped, and the prasada was offered to all the demigods. Thus the functions and festivals were all successful
- They will be learned, clever and young and possess abundant wealth and rice. Not only that, but you will each have seven sons, who will all live long lives and be very intelligent
- This kusa grass, which was created by the demigods by the will of the Supreme Lord, appears like a second form of fire, but with very mild and pleasing flames. Its young shoots illuminate all directions
- Thus I (the young brahmana) have called upon a great personality in this transaction. I have asked the Supreme Godhead (Saksi-gopala) to be my witness. The entire world accepts the words of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Thus Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "Although Mukunda is my junior," he said, "he first received Your favor. Consequently he became transcendentally senior to me"
- Trembling of the body was exhibited in Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula. When Sisupala was vehemently blaspheming the Lord, Sahadeva began to tremble out of anger
- Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "Although Mukunda is my junior," he said, "he first received Your (Caitanya Mahaprabhu's) favor. Consequently he became transcendentally senior to me"
- Vasudeva Datta admitted his inferiority to Mukunda, his younger brother. "You (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) very much favored Mukunda. Thus he is superior in all good qualities"
- Vidura said: He (Yudhisthira) is waiting with his younger brothers, among whom is the revengeful Bhima, breathing heavily like a snake. Surely you (Dhrtarastra) are afraid of him
- Vidura, as a saint and as the duty-bound affectionate youngest brother of Dhrtarastra, wanted to awaken Dhrtarastra from his slumber of disease and old age
- Vijuli Khan was very young, and he was the son of the king. All the other Muslims, or Pathanas, headed by Ramadasa, were his servants
- Vyasa inquired about this, and the young ladies replied that his son (Sukadeva) was purified and when looking at them made no distinction between male and female, but the sage made such distinctions
- We have got about hundred branches, and each branch, there are not less than twenty-five up to 250. So average, if you take one hundred, then it is ten thousand. Yes. Ten thousand. And all of them are young, within thirty, within thirty
- We shall have to teach character and spiritual understanding to the young children. To study other things as a high grade scholar is secondary for us
- We will change the present derogatory confused state amongst the younger section
- When a man is young, he does not care for old age, but enjoys sex to the best of his satisfaction, not knowing that at the end of life his sexual indulgence will bring on various diseases
- When a young boy or girl sees a member of the opposite sex there is a natural attraction, without the need for any introduction
- When Ajamila chanted this holy name of the Lord, Narayana, he did not chant knowingly; actually he was calling his youngest son, whose name was Narayana
- When He (Krsna) was comfortably seated, the newly married Draupadi, young and very beautiful in her natural feminine gracefulness, came before Lord Krsna to offer her respectful greetings
- When he (Yudhisthira) was sitting on the throne surrounded by his friends, Duryodhana came to the palace with his younger brothers. Duryodhana was decorated with a helmet, and he carried a sword in his hand
- When Hiranyakasipu heard this philosophy (that since the Lord is present everywhere, He was also present within the columns) from his young son, he derided the boy's statement as just the talk of a child and forcefully struck the pillar with his fist
- When Krsna was passing through the street (in Mathura), all the women in the surrounding houses came to see Him, and some of the younger ones almost fainted, being captivated by His beauty
- When Laksmana, the younger brother of Lord Ramacandra, heard of this, He immediately engaged Himself in the service of His elder brother and accepted His orders. The order of the spiritual master must be obeyed without consideration
- When Lord Balarama appeared on the scene, King Yudhisthira and his younger brothers Nakula and Sahadeva, as well as Lord Krsna and Arjuna, immediately offered Him their respectful obeisances, but they did not speak at all
- When Lord Krsna thus encouraged King Yudhisthira, the King's face brightened like a blossoming flower because of transcendental happiness, and thus he ordered his younger brothers to conquer all the worldly kings in all directions
- When Maharaja Pandu died, both his wives, namely Kunti and Madri, were prepared to embrace the fire, but Madri requested Kunti to live for the sake of the younger children, the five Pandavas. This was agreed upon by Kunti at the added request of Vyasadeva
- When one is young, he can remain with family, wife, children, twenty-five to fifty years. That's all. No more. Give up. Then take vanaprastha. Train up yourself for becoming sannyasi. Then take sannyasa simply for understanding God. That is sannyasa
- When Sanatana Gosvami met Subuddhi Raya at Mathura, Subuddhi Raya explained everything about his younger brothers Rupa Gosvami and Anupama
- When Saubhari Muni became quite a young and beautiful person, the messenger of the palace took him inside the residential quarters of the princesses, which were extremely opulent
- When Sisupala objected to the worship of Krsna in the raja-suya arena at a sacrifice organized by Maharaj Yudhisthira, Nakula, the younger brother of Arjuna, said
- When the elder Madhucchandas were cursed, the younger fifty, along with Madhucchanda himself, approached their father and agreed to accept his proposal. "Dear father," they said, "we shall abide by whatever arrangement you like"
- When the girls engaged in worshiping the different demigods after bathing in the Ganges, the young Lord would come there and sit down among them
- When the young, lotus-eyed girls came to the bank of a reservoir of water, they wanted to enjoy by bathing. Thus they left their clothing on the bank and began sporting, throwing water on one another
- When they (the gopis) saw Krsna returning, all their anxieties were immediately relieved, and they began to look at His face the way drones hover over the honey of the lotus flower. When Krsna entered the village, the young gopis smiled and laughed
- While Gopala followed the young brahmana, the tinkling sound of His ankle bells could be heard. The brahmana became very pleased, and he cooked first-class rice for Gopala to eat
- While speaking thus, Vidura, whose personal character was esteemed by respectable persons, was insulted by Duryodhana, who was swollen with anger and whose lips were trembling. Duryodhana was in company with Karna, his younger brothers and Sakuni
- While Sri Vyasadeva was following his son, beautiful young damsels who were bathing naked covered their bodies with cloth, although Sri Vyasadeva himself was not naked. But they had not done so when his son had passed
- Within their minds, they (the young princesses) decided to accept Lord Krsna as their husband without hesitation. Each one of them prayed to Providence that Krsna might become her husband
- Yayati enthroned his youngest son, Puru, as the emperor of the entire world and the proprietor of all its riches, and he placed all the other sons, who were older than Puru, under Puru's control
- You know the story of Haridasa. He was young man at that time, and one man instigated a prostitute, young prostitute, to deviate him, but she was unable. On the other hand, the prostitute became a Vaisnavi
- Young children should be educated from the very beginning about God consciousness or the science of God. We had the opportunity in our childhood. My father taught
- Younger friends of Krsna are called sakhas and some of their names are Visala, Vrsabha, Ojasvi, Devaprastha, Varuthapa, Maranda, Kusumapida, Manibandha and Karandhama
- Youngsters who have had no taste of sex life
- Your (Yudhisthira's) respectable younger brother, who possesses the strength of ten thousand elephants, killed, by His grace
- Your letter is very nice and I am very much encouraged to hear of more young American boys and girls who are searching after God