Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
ingredient | ingredients
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Elements (17 C, 121 P)
Pages in category "Ingredient"
The following 99 pages are in this category, out of 99 total.
- All material items, although in different shapes or different quantities, are of the same ingredients
- Although the living entity is primarily related to the causal portion of maya, he is nevertheless conducted by the ingredients of maya. Three forces work in the causal portion of maya: knowledge, desire and activity
- Although the Sankhya philosophy accepts that the material ingredients are the cause, the creation of the world never arises from dead matter
- An expert physician treats his patient with a therapeutic diet. For example, milk preparations sometimes cause disorder of the bowels, but the very same milk converted into curd and mixed with some other remedial ingredients cures such disorders
- Anyone knows that nothing takes place automatically unless one living force adjusts the materials. The house does not come automatically, although the ingredients are there
- Beautiful woman is simply a lump of matter composed of blood, stool, urine and similar other disgusting ingredients. This is the actual fact, but in a state of illusion, man becomes attracted by illusory beauty and becomes a victim of maya
- Because Maha-sankarsana is the ingredient and efficient cause of the cosmic manifestation, He is present in every detail of it
- Bring all the ingredients very soon, for I want to begin cooking immediately. Please do what I say
- Dead matter has no moving power, and therefore it cannot act independently. The Lord infuses the material ingredients with His own creative potency
- Different ingredients are involved in the exchange of love between the asraya and visaya, which are known as vibhava, anubhava, sattvika and vyabhicari
- Does it mean that such a great intelligent man is combination of urine, stool, blood, bone? So why don't you create another intelligent man with these ingredients?
- First the Karanodakasayi who creates aggregate material ingredients in the mahat-tattva, second the Garbhodakasayi who enters in each and every universe, and third the Ksirodakasayi Visnu who is the Paramatma of every material object, organic or inorganic
- For performing sacrificial ceremonies, one requires sacrificial ingredients, such as flowers, leaves and straw, along with the sacrificial altar and a suitable time - spring
- Hairs on God's body are the cause of vegetation, particularly of those trees which are required as ingredients for sacrifice. The hairs on His head and face are reservoirs for clouds, and His nails are the breeding ground of electricity, stones and iron
- Here (in Srimad-Bhagavatam) ten subjects are described: (1) the creation of the ingredients of the cosmos, (2) the creations of Brahma, (3) the maintenance of the creation, (4) special favor given to the faithful, (5) impetuses for activity
- Human being or animal, they are not different, because the body is made of the same ingredient. If you manufacture a dog like a dog, like a man, what is the difference? The ingredient is the same: earth
- Hundreds and thousands of preparations can be made out of grains, vegetables, ghee, milk and yogurt. The food offered to Gopala in the Annakuta ceremony contained only these five ingredients
- If something is manufactured in a factory, it should be considered the property of the Supreme Personality of Godhead because the ingredients belong to the Supreme Lord
- If we want to acquire transcendental knowledge, our first duty will be to understand that the spirit soul is eternal truth. The external ingredients, the body and the mind which develop around the spirit soul, are all relative or partial truths
- In the beginning of the creation, the Lord expanded Himself in the form of the purusa incarnation, accompanied by all the ingredients of material creation
- In the form of Advaita He infuses the material ingredients with creative energy. Therefore, Advaita is the original cause of creation
- In the second (creation), the false ego is generated in which the material ingredients, material knowledge and material activities arise
- In this age it is very difficult to perform all those rituals. First thing, it is very difficult to obtain all the ingredients for sacrificing method. And people are not very well to do. They cannot secure also
- It is stated that Krsna is the original cause of the material manifestation. Srimad-Bhagavatam also confirms this. The ingredients of the material manifestation are separated energies of the Lord
- It is to be understood that the spiritual nectar of Krsna's lips has touched these ordinary ingredients and transferred to them all their spiritual qualities
- It is very easy to analyze your whole body, and you'll find that that there is no life in these material ingredients, that life is different from this bodily combination. That is explained in the Bhagavad-gita: apareyam itas tv viddhi me prakrtim para
- Jambavan continued, "Beyond the physical elements and the time factor, the persons who manipulate the ingredients and advantages of creation are part and parcel of You. The living entity is not, therefore, an independent creator"
- Just like in ordinary birth, the father gives the seed, and the mother develops the body. Mother, by her blood, she supplies the ingredients of developing the child in the embryo
- Lord Brahma says, "My dear Lord (Krsna), false ego, intelligence, mind, sky, air, fire, water and earth are the material ingredients of this universe, which can be compared to a gigantic pot"
- Lord Siva said, "You (Krsna) are simultaneously the cause of this cosmic manifestation and its ingredients as well. You are the Supreme Whole, one without a second"
- Material nature has two different phases. The aspect called pradhana supplies the material ingredients for cosmic development, and the aspect called maya causes the manifestation of her ingredients, which are temporary, like foam in the ocean
- Maya has two functions. One is called maya, and the other is called pradhana. Maya refers to the efficient cause, and pradhana refers to the ingredients that create the cosmic manifestation
- Maya has two varieties of existence. One is called pradhana or prakrti. It supplies the ingredients of the material world
- Maya is both the cause of the cosmic manifestation and the agent who supplies its ingredients. As the cause of the cosmic manifestation she is known as maya, and as the agent supplying the ingredients of the cosmic manifestation she is known as pradhana
- Mixed smell is sometimes perceived in foodstuffs prepared from various ingredients, such as vegetables mixed with different kinds of spices and asafoetida
- My Guru Maharaja used to say that everything is already supplied by Krsna; all the ingredients of different varieties already are there; there is no lack of anything in this world
- Narayana is the chief cause of all material creations, and the material energy supplies the ingredients of matter
- Nature is the ingredient cause, and the living entities are the effective cause. These two causes combine together, and the effect is this cosmic manifestation
- Nrsimhananda Brahmacari said to Sivananda, "Please bring whatever cooking ingredients I want." Thus Sivananda Sena immediately brought whatever he asked for
- Pots and dolls are produced from the earth, and when broken or destroyed they mingle with their original ingredients. In any case, the source of supply remains the same
- Process of eating or your process of securing ingredients for eating, or your cooking, nothing is stopped. Only, only thing is required that instead of cooking for yourself for the satisfaction of your tongue, you please cook it for satisfaction of Krsna
- The brahmana replied, "My dear Lord, we are living in the forest. For the time being we cannot get all the ingredients for cooking"
- The creation of Brahma and dispersion of the material ingredients are called vikalpa, and the creation by Brahma in each day of his life is called kalpa
- The earthen pot or water jug may be broken or transformed into another shape, such as that of a dish or bowl, but the ingredient, or the material basis, namely the earth, continues to be the same
- The eight ingredients make up the material nature, or the Supreme Lord's external potency. These material ingredients - earth, water, fire, air, and so on - are devoid of any free will, and so they are known as the Lord's inferior energy
- The external energy, composed of pradhana or prakrti as the ingredient-supplying portion and maya as the causal portion, is known as maya-sakti
- The five ingredients for Deity worship are (1) very good scents, (2) very good flowers, (3) incense, (4) a lamp and (5) something edible
- The fruits and flowers are available from the body of the earth, and yet mother earth is worshiped by the sensible devotee with ingredients born from the earth
- The ingredients and the immediate cause of this manifested material world are Brahman, and we cannot make the ingredients of this world independent of Brahman
- The ingredients of fire are already present in safety matches, and only mild friction is needed to ignite a fire. Similarly, our natural affection for the Lord has to be revived by a little culture
- The ingredients of matter are counted as twenty-three. All are combined together by the influence of time and are again dissolved in the course of time
- The ingredients of matter are counted as twenty-three: the total material energy, false ego, sound, touch, form, taste, smell, earth, water, fire, air, sky, eye, ear, nose, tongue, skin, hand, leg, evacuating organ, genitals, speech and mind
- The inventor used his brain to make this complicated machine, and his brain, as well as the ingredients, were supplied by Krsna
- The living entity in this frightful condition of life, bound by seven layers of material ingredients, prays with folded hands, appealing to the Lord, who has put him in that condition
- The living entity who enjoys the interaction of the above gross and subtle ingredients, as set up by eternal time, is an offshoot of internal potency, with freedom to remain either in the material world or in the spiritual world
- The Lord expanded Himself in the form of the purusa incarnation, accompanied by all the ingredients of material creation. First He created the sixteen principal energies suitable for creation. This was for the purpose of manifesting the material universes
- The Lord infuses the material ingredients with His own creative potency. Then, by the power of the Lord, creation takes place
- The material body, made up of material ingredients such as earth, water, fire, and air, is mortal. Similarly, because this material universe is an amalgam of earth, water, fire, air, etc., it is also transitory
- The material energy is working. This cosmic manifestation made of earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and ego are the eight ingredients of this material manifestation. So these eight material elements, they are energies, separated energy
- The material ingredients are a manifestation of maya as pradhana. In other words, when the three qualities of maya are in a dormant stage, they exist as prakrti, avyakta or pradhana
- The material ingredients are activated by the force of time, and thus the three material modes of nature are manifested
- The mixture of ecstatic ingredients becomes tasty and, being within the perception of the devotee, reaches the highest platform of wonder and deep bliss
- The Nagapatnis said, "You (Krsna) are the witness and creator and the very ingredient of this cosmic manifestation. We therefore offer our respectful obeisances unto You"
- The original creation is directly from the Supreme Personality of Godhead, or Parambrahman, and the secondary creation, as a reactionary result of the original ingredients, is made by Brahma. Thus the activities of the whole universe are started
- The personalist worships the Lord out of a great sense of gratitude, utilizing the ingredients born out of the bodily limbs of the Lord
- The seven combined ingredients of maha-bhava are pride, ambition, fear, dry artificial crying, anger, envy and mild smiling
- The West is creating many automobiles. The ingredients for these cars are supplied, of course, by the Supreme Lord, and the intelligence for the so-called creation is also supplied by the Lord
- The will-o'-the-wisp (in the forest of material existence) is our attraction for gold and its color, and material residence and wealth are the ingredients for our material enjoyment
- Then Sivananda Sena again brought the ingredients with which to cook, and Pradyumna Brahmacari again cooked and offered the food to Nrsimhadeva
- There are other ingredients, beginning with complete despondency and jubilation. Altogether there are thirty-three varieties, and when these combine, the mellow becomes very wonderful
- They also worshiped him with a suitable presentation of honey mixed with other ingredients. When Akrura was thus comfortably seated, Krsna and Balarama offered Him a cow in charity and then brought very palatable dishes, and Akrura accepted them
- This mahat-tattva contains all the ingredients of the material manifestations, including the conditioned souls
- This statement, which lists the ingredients of a material body, is not a perverted mellow in transcendental realization because it shows correct discrimination between matter and spirit
- Tomorrow at noon He will come to your home. Therefore please bring all kinds of cooking ingredients. I shall personally cook and offer Him food
- Various bodies are developed with the material ingredients because of different types of sinful activities. King Puranjana assumed the body of a woman, Vaidarbhi, as a result of his sinful activities
- Vasudeva said, "You (Krsna and Balarama) are the resting place of this cosmic manifestation. You are its creator, and You are also its creative ingredients"
- We have to imagine that these universes, which according to our limited knowledge are expanded unlimitedly, are so great that the gross and subtle ingredients are not only within the universe but cover the universe in seven layers
- We should not expect milk from the fleshy bags on the neck of a goat, although they look like breastly nipples. Similarly, we should not expect any creative power from the material ingredients; we must believe in the power of the purusa
- What is this temple? The same ingredients, the same cement, same brick, same stone, same worker, same plan as the skyscraper. But what is the difference? Because it is cikitsitam, it is for Krsna
- When one is situated on the neophyte platform, one cannot understand the devotional ingredients of a pure, unalloyed devotee
- When the permanent ecstasies (neutrality, servitorship and so on) are mixed with other ingredients, devotional service in love of Godhead is transformed and becomes composed of transcendental mellows
- Ye yatha mam prapadyante. That freedom is there. If you want to remain as a demon, then Krsna will supply you all the ingredients, how you can flourish as a demon
- You have done the work of a laborer, that's all. You have taken ingredients from God and worked hard and transformed into a step. That's all. Your creation means just like carpenter creates a furniture. That's all. That is his creation
- You should also describe the process for offering arati and the worship of the Lord according to the list of five, sixteen or fifty ingredients