Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- VedaBase query: illusory or illusionary not "illusory energy" not "illusory energies"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Illusory"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- A devotee, knows well that this material cosmic manifestation is a temporary, illusory representation appearing to be truth
- A living entity develops a sort of complexity by material association, and the illusory encagement of the material body is accepted as an actual fact
- A living entity in the conditioned stage accepts something illusory as substantial. This is called maya or avidya - ignorance
- A pure and exclusive devotee of the Lord serves his family interest more dexterously than others, who are attached to illusory family affairs
- According to Mayavada philosophy, this manifested world, or material world, is mithya or maya, false. The Mayavadi preaching principle is brahma satyam jagan mithya: "Only the Brahman effulgence is true, and the cosmic manifestation is illusory, or false"
- According to the Mayavada philosophy, the cosmic manifestation is an illusory transformation of the Absolute Truth, which has no separate existence outside the cosmic manifestation. This is not the message of the Vedanta-sutra
- Actually the conditioned souls are covered by the illusory creative cloud of matter, and the Lord reserves the right of not being exposed to their eyes
- Actually the material world is created for the illusory enjoyment of the conditioned souls, who have been against the transcendental service of the Lord since time immemorial. But the material universes are full in themselves
- All the activities performed by the living entity in the subtle body are called illusory because they are not permanent
- As long as a person is illusioned by material gains, he petitions the respective demigods to draw some particular benefit which is, after all, illusory and nonpermanent
- As soon as a male & female combine, material bondage is tightly interlocked by sex, as a result their attraction for home, motherland, offspring, society & friendship & accumulation of wealth becomes the illusory field of activities
- As soon as Ravana arrived before Sita, she disappeared. Then just to cheat Ravana she sent an illusory, material form
- Balarama continued, "The living entity, or spirit soul, being in contact with these, is transmigrating from one body to another due to illusory enjoyment, and that transmigration is known as material existence"
- Beautiful woman is simply a lump of matter composed of blood, stool, urine and similar other disgusting ingredients. This is the actual fact, but in a state of illusion, man becomes attracted by illusory beauty and becomes a victim of maya
- Brahma first created the nescient engagements like self-deception, the sense of death, anger after frustration, the sense of false ownership, and the illusory bodily conception, or forgetfulness of one's real identity
- Brahma satyam jagan mithya: this material world or materialistic life is simply illusion, and therefore one should stop his illusory activities and come to the platform of Brahman
- By culture of transcendental knowledge, when the living being prays to the Lord for deliverance from the clutches of forgetfulness, the Lord, by His causeless mercy, removes the living being's illusory curtain
- By Him even the great sages and demigods are placed into illusion, as one is bewildered by the illusory representations of water seen in fire, or land seen on water
- Endowed with right vision and strengthened by devotional service and a pessimistic attitude towards material identity, one should relegate his body to this illusory world through his reason
- Every member of human society should clearly understand the instructions of Bhagavad-gita, for only in this way can one be spiritually elevated and automatically give up the false, illusory knowledge
- Everything is distressful here, but fools being illusioned, covered by the illusory maya, that distress he accepts as happiness. That is maya. It is not at all happiness
- For a materialistic person, material wealth and opulence are only illusory. Actually they are not possessions but entanglements because by enjoying the material world a conditioned soul becomes more and more entangled by incurring debts
- Froggish philosophers support their arguments by a false and laborious jugglery of words, which is a gift of the same illusory energy of the Lord
- I therefore meditate upon Him, Lord Sri Krsna, who is eternally existent in the transcendental abode, which is forever free from the illusory representations of the material world. I meditate upon Him, for He is the Absolute Truth
- If one is attracted by this root of illusory conceptions - "I" and "mine" - he will have to remain within this material world in different exalted or nasty positions
- If you persistently simply adhere to the devotional service of Krsna, there will be no more strength of this illusory nature to drag you. No more. There will be no more power to get you into this province of sense gratification
- Illusory stories opposed to the conclusions of Krsna consciousness concern the destruction of the Yadu dynasty, Krsna's disappearance, the story that Krsna and Balarama arise from a black hair and a white hair of Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- In His eternal, blissful form, Lord Krsna is accepted by Arjuna as param brahma. A living entity in the conditioned stage accepts something illusory as substantial. This is called maya or avidya - ignorance
- In material existence the living entity simply hankers to get something he can never get. Therefore he is in illusion. As a result of being in this illusory situation, the living entity is always lamenting
- In the association of such a sadhu as Jada Bharata, Maharaja Rahugana came to the awareness that his activities as a royal authority were simply illusory phenomena
- In the desert there is no water, but the foolish deer runs after illusory water in the desert to quench his thirsty heart. Water is not unreal, but the place where we seek it is misleading
- In the material world all relationships are actually mercenary but are covered by an illusory curtain of so-called love and affection
- In the material world everyone is engaged in the illusory activities of inferior energy, but when one is given the opportunity to relish the activities of the superior energy performed by Krsna, then he forgets all his lesser pleasures
- Independently means if we want to enjoy life according to my whims. That is called so-called independence. But by such independence, we are never happy, so we transmigrate for this so-called illusory happiness from one body to another
- It can be concluded that all the theories of the materialistic philosophers are generated from temporary illusory existence, like the conclusions in a dream. Such conclusions certainly cannot lead us to the Absolute Truth
- Material activities performed for political emancipation and social and humanitarian activities performed with an idea that people of the world will be happy are also illusory because the basic principle is the bodily conception, which is illusory
- Mayavadi philosophers think the universal form of the Lord to be real and His personal form illusory
- Mirages and other illusory things are sometimes called Gandharvas
- Mucukunda prays as follows, "My dear Lord, O Supreme Personality of Godhead, I can understand that all living entities on this planet are illusioned by Your external energy and enamored of the illusory satisfaction of sense gratification"
- Mucukunda prays, "Being engaged in illusory activities, they are reluctant to worship Your lotus feet, because they are unaware of the benefits of surrendering unto You, they are subjected to various miserable conditions of material existence"
- One cannot enjoy material illusory prosperity if he desires to return home, back to Godhead. One who has no information of the transcendental bliss in the association of the Lord foolishly desires to enjoy this temporary material happiness
- One who possesses more in this material world, in the shape of houses, land, children, society, friendship and wealth, possesses these things only for the time being. One cannot possess all this illusory paraphernalia, created by maya, permanently
- Only in the state of ignorance can one accept the Mayavada conclusion that this cosmic manifestation and the living entities are false or illusory
- Our fallen condition is also dreaming. We are not fallen. We can simply give up that illusory condition at any moment. At any moment. So if you study all these verses very nicely, you get all this knowledge quickly
- Real peace and happiness can never come about through such advanced materialistic knowledge, deluded as it must be by the illusory modes of nature with a view to playing up this "unreal reality"
- Rukmini continued, "My only ambition is that I may always remain fast to Your lotus feet, for You can deliver Your devotees from illusory material existence and are always prepared to distribute Yourself to Your devotees"
- Since I am very intelligent, why should I give this fool material prosperity? Instead I shall induce him to take the nectar of the shelter of My lotus feet and make him forget illusory material enjoyment
- Sri Vyasadeva says herein that the manifested internal potency is real, whereas the external manifested energy in the form of material existence is only temporary and illusory like the mirage in the desert
- Technological advancement has added things like cinemas to the material attractions nature already has to offer, and yet, strangely, these illusory enticements have failed to attract genuine saints and hermits even to this day
- That is also illusory because there is no such separation. The gopis were not situated in that illusory condition of life, so even from the philosophical point of view, for them there was no separation
- The affection for community and the place of birth, and the hankering for wealth, which are all like phantasmagoria or illusory dreams, encumber a human being, and he is thus impeded in his progress toward self-realization, the real aim of life
- The conception of a life of sense gratification is illusion, but the conception of service by the jivatma to the Paramatma, even in this material world, is not at all illusory
- The conclusion of the atheistic Sankhya philosophy is that because the effects - the phenomena of this material world - are temporary, or illusory, the cause is therefore also illusory
- The conditioned soul’s enjoyment in the material world is temporary and illusory
- The desires for acquiring a house, possessing land, having children and becoming prominent in society, the affection for community and the place of birth, and the hankering for wealth, are all like phantasmagoria or illusory dreams
- The devotee contemplates, "Persons unaware of the supreme reservoir of pleasure falsely engage in deriving pleasure from sense gratification, but this is transient and illusory"
- The devotees of the Lord are never enchanted by the glare of materialistic life, and they live impartially, unattached to the objects of the false, illusory materialistic way of life
- The difference between self-realization and material illusion is to know that the temporary or illusory impositions of material energy in the shape of gross and subtle bodies are superficial coverings of the self
- The external potency of Godhead, called maya, can never associate with the Lord, just as darkness cannot remain in the presence of light; yet darkness, being but an illusory and temporary covering of light, has no existence independent of light
- The false prestige one acquires by attempting to dominate material nature is illusory
- The fire-god, Agni, took away the real Sita and brought her to the place of Parvati, goddess Durga. An illusory form of mother Sita was then delivered to Ravana, and in this way Ravana was cheated
- The human society is now running on in an illusory way, forgetting its eternal relation with the Central Cause. They will have to be reinstated in that original position in terms of the above slokas of the Bhagavad-gita
- The illusory human civilization that perpetually endeavors for happiness through material advancement is rejected by Prahlada Maharaja and those who strictly follow in his footsteps
- The illusory potency of the Lord bewilders the less intelligent to accept Brahmaji, or for that matter any other person, as the Supreme Lord
- The illusory, material energy cannot work there, being ashamed before the Lord and His transcendental devotees
- The impersonal Brahman is the transcendental bodily effulgence of the Supreme Lord's sac-cid-ananda form, and the illusory and transitory material nature is a transformation of His separated energy
- The leaders incite them toward false, illusory gain and thus engage them in various acts of sin. In temporarily benefiting themselves, such leaders sacrifice the real interest of their followers and destroy the followers
- The living entities, that is also prakrti, but he also wants to enjoy. That is called illusion. So in his enjoying temperament he may be called purusa, illusory purusa. Real purusa is Bhagavan. Purusa means bhokta. The bhokta, real bhokta, enjoyer
- The manifested internal potency is real, whereas the external manifested energy in the form of material existence is only temporary and illusory like the mirage in the desert
- The Mayavadi preaching principle is brahma satyam jagan mithya: "Only the Brahman effulgence is true, and the cosmic manifestation is illusory, or false"
- The process of illusory service to society, country and community is exactly the same everywhere; the same principle is applicable even to big national leaders
- The scriptures enjoin that one should associate with sadhus only, rejecting all other kinds of association, and by doing so one will have ample opportunity to hear the sadhus, who can cut to pieces the bonds of illusory affection in the material world
- The soul's fatigue is not factual, but as long as one is immersed in the illusory bodily conception, one is affected by such false dreams
- The soul, while sleeping, creates false or temporary worlds in his mind; he becomes busy in many illusory activities - sometimes becoming a king, sometimes being murdered or sometimes going to an unknown city - and all these are simply temporary affairs
- The Supreme Lord is never overpowered, but the infinitesimal sparks of the fire can become overpowered by the illusory effect of maya. It is a most ludicrous argument to say that the Supreme Lord is overpowered by His own material energy
- The temporary comforts of life experienced either on this planet or on other planets are all to be taken as illusory because they do not touch the real purpose of life. The real purpose of life is to go back home, back to Godhead
- The wrong conception of accepting this material manifestation as being divorced from the energy of the Lord is illusion, but it is not false. And this illusory conception is called the reflection of the reality in the darkness of ignorance
- There is just the futile attempt to get rid of the miseries, and temporary cessation of misery is falsely called happiness. Therefore, the path of progressive material enjoyment, which is temporary, miserable and illusory, is inferior
- There is no estimation of our circumambulation and the concomitant distress resulting from such travel life after life for illusory, material happiness, which is compared to the will o' the wisp
- This conception of the material world is very nicely explained by Rupa Gosvami, who says that when persons renounce the material world as illusory or false without knowing that it is a manifestation of the Supreme Lord, their renunciation is of no value
- To fulfill his (Living entity) desires, although they are temporary and illusory, You (Krsna) enter this temporary manifestation to help him
- To say nothing of touching mother Sita, a person with material senses cannot even see her. When Ravana kidnapped her, he kidnapped only her material, illusory form
- To travel all over the universe is to circumambulate the wheel of work. There is no estimation of our circumambulation and the concomitant distress resulting from such travel life after life for illusory, material happiness
- Transcendental alertness is possible when the illusory condition is completely overcome. At that stage, when in contact with any reaction of material elements, such as sound, touch or taste, the devotee realizes the transcendental presence of the SPG
- Until one is self-realized, fully independent of the illusory conception of the material body, the duality of man and woman must undoubtedly continue
- Until one is self-realized, fully independent of the illusory conception of the material body, the duality of man and woman must undoubtedly continue, but when one is actually self-realized this distinction ceases
- We (conditioned souls) must extricate ourselves from all illusory connections of the world and seek reunion with the Lord, trying to render service unto Him because He is the ultimate truth
- We have got cheating propensity, we are prone to commit mistake, and we accept illusory things. These four principles of imperfect is in the conditioned soul. But who is liberated soul or who is God, they are not under these conditions
- Whatever advancement of knowledge, whether in art or science, that has been made by mundane scholars without reference to the eternal spirit soul is but a manifestation of the illusory modes of nature that encompass and limit the material body
- When he was petitioned by mother Sita, the fire-god, Agni, brought forth an illusory form of Sita, and Ravana, who had ten heads, kidnapped the false Sita. The original Sita then went to the abode of the fire-god
- When Lord Ramacandra tested the body of Sita, it was the false, illusory Sita that entered the fire. At that time the fire-god brought the original Sita from his abode and delivered her to Lord Ramacandra
- When the illusory Sita was brought before the fire by Lord Ramacandra, the fire-god made the illusory form disappear and delivered the real Sita to Lord Ramacandra
- When the living being desires to be an enjoyer of material energy (illusory phenomena), the Lord covers the living being in the mystery of forgetfulness, and thus the living being misinterprets the gross body and subtle mind to be his own self