hide | hidden | hided | hides | hiding
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
- ► Conceal (8 C, 37 P)
- ► God's Hiding (3 P)
- ► Incognito (3 C, 13 P)
- ► Obscure (2 C, 14 P)
- ► Private (4 C, 52 P)
- ► Radharani's Hiding (2 P)
Pages in category "Hide"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- According to acaryas expert in the study of psychological activities, these attempts at hiding one's real affections are another part of ecstatic feeling for Krsna
- After the Vaisnavas finished eating, they would throw away their leaf dishes, and Kalidasa would come out of hiding, take the leaves and lick up the remnants
- Although the living entity is working from within the body, he is nonetheless unknown. The living entity enters the material creation, but because he is bewildered by the material energy, he appears to be hidden
- As soon as the general public finds a little fault in the behavior of a sannyasi, they advertise it like wildfire. A black spot of ink cannot be hidden on a white cloth. It is always very prominent
- At the age of only three months Krsna killed the Sakatasura, who had remained hidden behind a cart in the house of Yasodamayi. And when He was crawling and was disturbing His mother from doing household affairs, the mother tied Him with a grinding pestle
- Balarama said, "O you kings of the ants! Why are you hiding yourselves in these holes?" At the same time He also addressed the King of heaven: "O King Indra! You plaything of Saci! Why are you laughing?"
- Because He was raised by Maharaja Nanda, Krsna was not a ksatriya but a vaisya. Vaisyas are generally called guptas, and the word gupta can also be used to mean "hidden"
- He (Akrura) related the things which had happened after the disclosure by Narada that Krsna was the son of Vasudeva, hidden by Vasudeva in the house of Nanda Maharaja. Akrura narrated all the stories regarding Kamsa
- He would also take gifts to the homes of Vaisnavas born in sudra families. Then he would hide and in this manner eat the remnants of food they threw away
- He would beg remnants of food from such Vaisnavas, and if he did not receive any, he would hide
- I am (Mother Earth) being neglected by kings who are not punishing these rascals who have turned into thieves by using grains for sense gratification. Consequently I have hidden all these seeds, which were meant for the performance of sacrifice
- I never said that you should go undercover for preaching in Eastern Europe. Everything should be done openly and very carefully. Krsna will protect your efforts
- If you hide income tax, then you are criminal. You can say, "I have earned money. Why shall I pay income tax, government?" No. You must pay. And there is a limit, that if you have earned so much money, practically the whole money will be taken
- In a friendly way, the Lord said, "Sir, I have come to your house as your guest, but upon seeing Me you hid yourself in your room. What kind of etiquette is this?"
- In Kali-yuga the kings and heads of state enjoy life at the cost of taxes exacted from the citizens. Such unfair taxation makes the people dishonest, and the people try to hide their income in so many ways
- In the dress of a friend of a brahmana, you are hiding your transcendental blissful position. I offer my respectful obeisances unto you
- In the presence of the sun, the darkness cannot stand, and the relative truths that were hidden within the dense darkness of ignorance become clearly manifested by the mercy of Krsna, who is residing in everyone's heart as the Supersoul
- In this state of mind one tries to hide his mind by looking away in different directions, by unnecessarily trying for something which is impossible, or by using words which cover one's real thoughts
- It is as if the sun, after rising, wanted to hide itself. We cannot understand such characteristics in Your behavior
- Kalidasa smeared the dust from those footprints all over his body. Then he hid in a place near Jhadu Thakura's home
- King Nrga said, "Nothing can be hidden from Your (Krsna's) eternal cognizance. Still, You have ordered me to explain my history, and I shall therefore narrate the full story"
- Krsna began to look at His mother, while the mendicant, who was standing in the door, tried to hide his smiling face, although he could not do so. He immediately expressed his smiling. In this instance, Krsna Himself is the object of laughing affairs
- Krsna quarreled with Radharani, & all the gopis hid themselves in a cluster of white lotus flowers. They submerged their bodies up to their necks in the water. Only their faces floated above the surface, & the faces were indistinguishable from the lotuses
- Meanwhile, following the dictations of mature time, the hunter, who was very carefully hidden in the distance, released his arrow, which pierced the body of the kulinga bird and killed him
- My dear sir, it appears that the influence of your great spiritual knowledge is hidden. Factually you are bereft of all material association & fully absorbed in the thought of the Supreme. Consequently you are unlimitedly advanced in spiritual knowledge
- My sex pleasure and dog's sex pleasure, there is no difference, the pleasure derived out of sex pleasure is the same. But a dog is not afraid of having sex pleasure on the street before everyone. We hide it. That's all
- Nandana Acarya, the seventeenth branch of the Caitanya tree, is celebrated within the world because Lord Caitanya and Nityananda sometimes hid in his house
- Narada told Kamsa, "Being afraid of your atrocious nature, Vasudeva has tactfully hidden Them in Vrndavana, out of your sight." Narada further informed Kamsa, "Krsna and Balarama have been living incognito in the care of Nanda Maharaja"
- No one can surpass the vigilance of material nature or hide his intentions from material nature
- No one can surpass the vigilance of material nature or hide his intentions from material nature. If human society unlawfully claims that the property of the universe, either partially or wholly, belongs to mankind, all of human society will be cursed
- None of the above symptoms can be manifested without the basic principle of strong attachment for Krsna. In the smoky condition of such ecstatic expressions, the symptoms could otherwise be hidden
- On hearing this, Yasoda would say, "All right, I will take all the jewels from Kṛṣṇa so that He cannot see the butter hidden in the darkness"
- One gopis said to another, "I tried to hide myself from the reaction of the vibrations. But still I could not check the trembling of my body, and therefore all of my friends in the house could detect my attachment for Krsna without any doubt"
- One's desire to hide his real mentality is called avahittha, or concealment, and a desire to exhibit superiority is called pride. Both of these may be classified under pretension
- One's desire to hide his real mentality is called avahittha, or concealment, and a desire to exhibit superiority is called pride. Both of these may be classified under pretension. In a pretentious attitude both avahittha and pride are to be found
- Simply by studying the Vedas, which are variegated, one cannot come to the right path by which religious principles are understood. The solid truth of religious principles is hidden in the heart of an unadulterated, self-realized person
- Srimati Radharani continued, "In that birth, instead of killing Vali, an enemy of His friend, in the manner of a ksatriya, He (Ramacandra) killed him just like a hunter. A hunter takes a secure hiding place and then kills an animal without facing it"
- Sukadeva Gosvami was a perfect yogi, nothing was hidden from his power of insight. A perfect yogi like Sukadeva Gosvami can see past, present and future in all details. Therefore, from such yogis or mystics nothing can be concealed
- The beautiful woman (Mohini-murti) was already naked, and when She saw Lord Siva coming toward Her, She became extremely bashful. Thus She kept smiling, but She hid Herself among the trees and did not stand in one place
- The Buddhists plainly declare that they do not accept the authority of the Vedas, but the impersonalists masquerade themselves as followers of Vedas, but actually they are hidden Buddhists
- The doctrine of by-products, parinama-vada, is asserted from the very beginning of Vedanta-sutra, but Sankaracarya has superficially tried to hide it and establish the doctrine of transformation, vivarta-vada
- The elder gopis said, "If by chance They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot find the hidden butter and yogurt, They go to our little babies and pinch their bodies so that they cry, and then They go away"
- The gods, therefore, were seized with fear at his very sight, and they hid themselves even as snakes hide themselves for fear of Garuda
- The Kazi replied, "You have come to my house in a very angry mood. To pacify You, I did not come before You immediately but kept myself hidden
- The King (Syamantaka) tried to hide himself in the forest, but Krsna would not become discouraged. Krsna finally got the jewel by seeking out the King with great steadfastness
- The ksatriyas who were afraid of Parasurama and had hidden themselves in the Caucasian hilly regions later on became known as the Abhiras, and the place they inhabited was known as Abhiradesa
- The loud sound of the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra certainly made the Kazi very much afraid, and he hid himself within his room. Hearing the people thus protesting, murmuring in great anger, the Kazi would not come out of his home
- The place where Sri Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami formerly lived has now become a place of pilgrimage. It is generally known as Gupta Vrndavana, or hidden Vrndavana, and is situated about eight miles south of English Bazaar
- The simple message of the Gita is self-illuminated like the sun. Its knowledge is not hidden under a gloomy shroud of impersonalism
- The solid truth of religious principles is hidden in the heart of an unadulterated, self-realized person
- The Supreme Lord is situated in everyone's heart so how you can hide yourself from the vigilance of the Supreme Lord? The Supreme Lord is witness
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead always resides either in the heart or in the home of a devotee. This fact is sometimes hidden and sometimes manifest, for the Supreme Personality of Godhead is fully independent
- The water that fell from the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was drunk by someone who hid himself. Someone else begged for that water, and another person was giving that water in charity
- Then Krsna quarreled with Radharani, and all the gopis hid themselves in a cluster of white lotus flowers
- Then Lord Brahma, by his ability to be hidden from vision, created the Siddhas and Vidyadharas and gave them that wonderful form of his known as the Antardhana
- There is a symptom of ecstatic love known as concealment, or trying to hide one's real mental condition by externally showing another attitude
- They (women) all felt very bashful at the sudden presence of Krsna and wanted to hide in a different corner of the palace
- We have practical experience in discharging our missionary activity that some people come and apply themselves to Krsna consciousness with some hidden motive, and as soon as they are economically a little well situated they give up this process
- When I heard the sound of Krsna's flute, I tried to hide myself from the reaction of the vibrations. But still I could not check the trembling of my body
- When King Prthu will travel over his kingdom and vibrate the string of his bow, which is made of the horns of goats and bulls and is irresistible in battle, all demoniac rogues and thieves will hide themselves in all directions
- When Krsna entered the mouth of Aghasura, the demigods hidden behind the clouds exclaimed, "Alas! Alas!" But the friends of Aghasura, like Kamsa and other demons, were jubilant
- When Krsna saw that Subala, in the dress of Radharani, was silently hiding under the shade of a beautiful asoka tree on the bank of the Yamuna, He immediately arose from His seat in surprise
- When Raghunatha dasa Gosvami’s father and uncle were to be arrested by government officials, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami hid them and personally met the government officers and settled the affair diplomatically
- When she returned to her household duties, the child hid from His mother and began to eat dirt
- When someone wants to hide his real mentality, it is called avahittha, or concealment. When a person wants to exhibit superiority, it is called pride. Both of these can be classified under pretension
- When the government is very strong, all the thieves and rogues disappear or hide themselves. Of course Vena was not a very good king, but he was known to be cruel and severe. Thus the state at least became freed from thieves and rogues
- When the lion travels in the forest with its tail turned upward, all menial animals hide themselves