Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
conceal | concealing | concealment | conceals | concealed
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Conceal"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- As Krsna came nearer, they pushed their sons forward to embrace Him. Others were trying, out of shyness, not to shed tears, but they still could not keep the tears from gliding down. This is an instance of concealment caused by shyness
- As the aroma of deer musk cannot be concealed by wrapping it in a cloth, Your characteristics as the Supreme Personality of Godhead cannot be concealed by any means
- Atheists try to conceal the hand of God, which is present in every creation, but they cannot explain how all these creations could come into existence without a competent intelligence and almighty power behind them
- Bodily symptoms which express overwhelming ecstatic love: bashfulness, concealment, remembering, argumentativeness, anxiety, thoughtfulness, endurance, happiness, eagerness, haughtiness, envy, impudence, dizziness and alertness
- By yoga-maya, the Lord remains concealed to the nondevotees or casual devotees who are serving their sense gratification. The Lord is never visible to the pseudodevotees who worship the demigods in charge of universal affairs
- In such a laughing ecstasy of love, Krsna or matters pertaining to Krsna are the cause of the laughter. In such laughing devotional service, there are symptoms of jubilation, laziness, concealed feelings and similar other seemingly disturbing elements
- In the ecstasy of devotional service in dread, the unconstitutional symptoms are drying up of the mouth, exuberance, glancing towards the back side, concealing oneself, bewilderment, searching after the endangered lovable object and crying very loudly
- In this condition one utters prayers and does not reply to others' inquiries. Looking at one's own body, concealing one's desires and not heeding the words of others are symptoms visible in the ecstasy of garva
- In this place Lord Krsna broke the cart in which the Sakatasura demon was concealed
- It has been stated: "Although Srimati Radharani developed a deep loving affection for Krsna, She hid Her attitude in the core of Her heart so that others could not detect Her actual condition." This is an instance of concealment caused by gentleness
- Krsna replied to the messenger of Paundraka, "O foolish King (Paundraka), you will then have to conceal your face in disgrace & when your head is severed from your body by My disc, it will be surrounded by meat-eating birds like vultures, hawks & eagles"
- Krsna said to Narada, "Fortunately, when we meet you we can very easily take information from Your Holiness of all the news of the three worlds, for within this cosmic manifestation of the Supreme Lord there is nothing concealed from your knowledge"
- Narada Muni said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), as the Supersoul of all living entities, You remain concealed within their hearts exactly as fire remains concealed in every piece of fuel. You are the witness of all the activities of the living entities"
- No one could understand Rukmini's real mental condition. This is an instance of competitive concealment
- Now, concealing his anger and unhappiness, Jagadananda Pandita again asked Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu for permission to go to Mathura
- Once upon a time the state police caught some thieves who had concealed themselves in the hermitage of Manduka Muni. The police constables, as usual, arrested all the thieves and Manduka Muni along with them
- One's desire to hide his real mentality is called avahittha, or concealment, and a desire to exhibit superiority is called pride. Both of these may be classified under pretension
- One's desire to hide his real mentality is called avahittha, or concealment, and a desire to exhibit superiority is called pride. Both of these may be classified under pretension. In a pretentious attitude both avahittha and pride are to be found
- Ramananda Raya replied, "My dear Lord, please give up all these serious talks. Please do not conceal Your real form from me"
- Remembering his position of servitude, Patri bowed down before his master (Krsna), and with great respect and control, he stifled his smiling. This subdued smiling is an instance of concealment caused by a respectful attitude
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), You are enjoying Your pastimes in the role of a human being, concealing Your real character of transcendental opulence"
- Sukadeva Gosvami was a perfect yogi, nothing was hidden from his power of insight. A perfect yogi like Sukadeva Gosvami can see past, present and future in all details. Therefore, from such yogis or mystics nothing can be concealed
- The Lord replied to His mother, "Why did you conceal self-realization by not teaching Me this practical philosophy in the beginning?
- The sages said, "We are surprised to see Your behavior, which is just like that of an ordinary human being and which conceals Your real identity as the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and we therefore consider Your pastimes to be all-wonderful"
- The sober heroine conceals her anger within her heart and externally speaks sweet words. When her lover embraces her, she returns his embrace
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (18) vrida, shame; (19) avahittha, concealment; (20) smrti, remembrance; (21) vitarka, argument and (22) cinta, contemplation
- There is a symptom of ecstatic love known as concealment, or trying to hide one's real mental condition by externally showing another attitude
- There is another instance of this concealment in ecstatic love
- This is an instance of concealment caused by shyness and diplomatic behavior
- Unlike other incarnations, Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu appears in this age of Kali as a devotee of the Lord. Therefore He is called a concealed incarnation (channavatara)
- Usa exhibited some bodily symptoms by which it could be understood that she was having intercourse with a male friend. The symptoms were so prominent that her actions could no longer be concealed from anyone
- When Lord Krsna, in friendly terms and sweet language, impressed Akrura about the real fact and Akrura understood that nothing could be concealed from the knowledge of Sri Krsna
- When Rahu conceals the sun and moon, eclipses occur, either total or partial, depending on whether Rahu moves in a straight or curving way
- When someone wants to hide his real mentality, it is called avahittha, or concealment. When a person wants to exhibit superiority, it is called pride. Both of these can be classified under pretension