Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
dishonor | dishonorable | dishonored | dishonors
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Dishonor"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- A householder who dishonors such holy orders is a great offender
- Although most wise, the paramahamsa should enjoy life like a child, oblivious to honor and dishonor
- At least four drums are required and ten sets of karatalas. Otherwise there are no instruments here for the kirtana, and that will be a great dishonor for displaying the sankirtana movement to people of Bombay
- Deluded persons, symptomatically, dwell in dualities of dishonor and honor, misery and happiness, woman and man, good and bad, pleasure and pain, etc., thinking, "This is my wife; this is my house; I am the master of this house"
- Dhruva Maharaja should have known that honor and dishonor are both destined only by one's previous actions; therefore one should not be sorry or happy under any circumstances
- I have built the skyscraper skeleton, now you all intelligent American and European boys and girls fill in the spaces nicely in good taste. Do not deviate from our high standard. That will mean great dishonor to me
- If one is engaged in the advancement of spiritual knowledge, there will be so many insults and much dishonor from others. This is expected because material nature is so constituted
- If you want to honor me, you will do like this and then I can truly be called the guru of the Americans. Otherwise, it is simply a dishonor to me
- Jarasandha said, "It will be a great dishonor for me to fight with boys like Krsna and Balarama." Because Krsna had killed Kamsa, Jarasandha specifically addressed Him as the killer of His own relatives
- Joy and sorrow, loss and gain, sin and piety, and honor and dishonor, are converted into spiritual energy by being brought into contact with the Supreme Lord
- One who has dishonored a spiritual master or teacher. Stri-raja-pitr-go-hanta, one who has killed a woman, one who has killed a king, and one who has killed a cow. These are all the severest type of sinful activities
- One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equipoised in honor and dishonor, heat and cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from attachment to material things such a person is very dear to Me
- One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equipoised in honor and dishonor, heat and cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from contaminating association
- Otherwise there are no instruments here for the kirtana, and that will be a great dishonor for displaying the sankirtana movement to people of Bombay
- The devotee becomes transcendental to all dualities, such as heat and cold, honor and dishonor. Being freed from all dualities, he feels transcendental bliss, and he no longer suffers cares and anxieties due to material existence
- The material conception of life makes us very eager to receive honor from others, but from the point of view of a man in perfect knowledge - who knows that he is not this body - anything, honor or dishonor, pertaining to this body is useless
- The materially situated person is affected by so-called honor and dishonor offered to the body, but the transcendentally situated person is not affected by such false honor and dishonor
- This is an instance of indirect dishonor caused by Radha's good fortune
- To such a man happiness and distress, heat and cold, honor and dishonor are all the same
- Tolerance means that one should be practiced to bear insult and dishonor from others