offense | offence
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 20 subcategories, out of 20 total.
- ► Without Offense (2 C, 16 P)
Pages in category "Offense"
The following 128 pages are in this category, out of 128 total.
- A great soul may forgive offenses, but Krsna does not excuse offenses to the dust of that great soul's feet, just as one can tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's head but cannot tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's feet
- A person who can tolerate all kinds of offenses from the opposite party is known to be forgiving
- Abandoning your offenses, chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, the holy names of the Lord. Then very soon you will achieve shelter at the lotus feet of Krsna
- After this incident the Lord blessed Haridasa Thakura and vanquished the offense of His mother at the home of Advaita Acarya
- Although Haridasa Thakura, as a Vaisnava, did not take seriously the brahmana's offense, the Supreme Personality of Godhead could not tolerate it, and thus he made the brahmana suffer the consequences
- Although one may be well versed in the transcendental science, one should be careful about the offense of maryada-vyatikrama, or impertinently surpassing a greater personality
- Although their offense was not very severe, he killed them to lessen the burden of the world
- Amogha, always chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and do not commit any further offenses. After giving Amogha this instruction, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sarvabhauma's house
- An offense at the feet of a Vaisnava is more dangerous than an offense at the lotus feet of the Lord. Vidura was certainly very liberal to bestow mercy upon his brother Dhrtarastra, whose past life was very materialistic
- Arjuna said to Lord Krsna: I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses
- Because of her nature, a woman can respond to even a slight offense from her husband by not only leaving him but even killing him if required. To say nothing of her husband, she can even kill her brother. That is a woman's nature
- Bhrgu Muni's first offense, committed toward Lord Brahma, was an offense with the mind. His second offense, committed toward Lord Siva by insulting him, criticizing him for unclean habits, was an offense by speech
- But because later on the crow (Indra) bowed down before the Lord, He excused his offense
- But even after obtaining such achievements (pure devotional service and all details of material enjoyment, salvation and mystic powers), one should be on guard against the pitfall of offenses at the feet of the devotees
- But He (Krsna) did not chastise the insulting party (the Kurus) immediately. This silence of the Lord did not mean, however, that He excused the offenses of the Kurus
- By cursing a king the foolish Srngi had committed not only a sin but also the greatest offense. Therefore the rsi (Samika Rsi) could foresee that only the Supreme Personality of Godhead could save his boy from his sinful act
- By inducing a prostitute to disturb Haridasa Thakura, Ramacandra Khan caused a seed of offense at his lotus feet to germinate. This seed later became a tree, and when it fructified, Ramacandra Khan ate its fruits
- Daksa, who is so hardhearted that he is unworthy to be a brahmana, will gain extensive ill fame because of his offenses to his daughter, because of not having prevented her death, and because of his great envy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Despite all our offenses and defiance of the desires of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord will give us immediate relief from all the hardships offered by material nature if we simply surrender unto Him
- Diti was conscious of her offense (untimely sexual intercourse) and was anxious to be excused by Lord Siva. Lord Siva has two popular names, Rudra and Asutosa. He is very prone to anger as well as quickly pacified
- For a sannyasi to indulge in satisfying the tongue is a great offense. The duty of a sannyasi is to eat only as much as needed to keep body and soul together
- For serving Gaura-Nitai there is no offense, but if Radha-Krsna is there and there is some discrepancy, then there is great offense and this should be avoided
- For that offense, he cannot be liberated. Rather, he will fall into a terrible hellish condition. What more should I say?
- Haihaya achieved all such perfection in devotional service but, because of his offense at the feet of a devotee, was killed by Lord Parasurama
- Haridasa Thakura protested, "These two benedictions are not the true result of chanting the holy name. Actually, by chanting the holy name without offenses, one awakens his ecstatic love for the lotus feet of Krsna"
- His (Narada Muni's) first offense was that he went to join the sankirtana party in the company of lusty women, and another offense was that he considered ordinary songs, like cinema songs and other such songs, to be equal to sankirtana
- I have dishonored You many times while relaxing or while lying on the same bed or eating together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. Please excuse me for all my offenses. BG 11.41-42 - 1972
- I know that although you are speaking guru as goru, I, I, I, don't take offense because I know that your desire is something else. I do not protest
- I offer my obeisances ten million times to the lotus feet of Sri Advaita Acarya. Please do not take offense at this
- I offer my obeisances unto them as a token of respect. I request them not to consider my offenses
- I take this to be an offense by Myself; therefore I seek your forgiveness for the incident that has arisen
- If in spite of being an offender one chants the holy names of Gaura-Nityananda, he is very quickly freed from the reactions to his offenses. Therefore, one should first approach Lord Caitanya and Nityananda, or worship Guru-Gauranga
- If one chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra without offenses, all of one's sinful actions are surely atoned for immediately, but one should not commit such deeds again, for that is an offense
- If someone thinks that he can chant Kali, Kali! or Durga, Durga! and it is the same as Hare Krsna, that is the greatest offense
- If such instruction (about the transcendental nature of the holy name) is imparted to an unwilling audience, the act is considered to be an offense at the feet of the holy name
- If the offense is very serious, then one's attachment becomes almost nil, and if the offense is not very serious, one's attachment can become second-class or third-class
- If the reaction does not take place, even after continuous hearing and chanting of the holy name of the Lord, it may be considered to be due to offenses only. That is the opinion of the Sandarbha
- If we keep ourself on the material platform, then for thousand years we may chant, it will be difficult. That is called namaparadha. Of course, holy name is so powerful that even by chanting with offense, gradually he becomes pure
- In the sastras it is found that a very great yogi, Durvasa Muni, committed a vaisnava-aparadha and thus for one full year had to travel all over the universe, even to Vaikunthaloka, to defend himself from the offense
- In the supplementary Vedic literature, there is the following list of 32 offenses in the matter of serving the Lord: 1) One should not enter the temple of the Deity in a car or palanquin or with shoes on the feet
- In this way, through the association of the great sage Narada Muni, the hunter was a little convinced of his sinful activity. He therefore became somewhat afraid due to his offenses
- Indra, not knowing Lord Krsna in Vrajabhumi, was angry at the inhabitants of Vrajabhumi (for not offering sacrifices) and tried to avenge the offense
- It is certainly because of My offense that Your staff was broken. Now You can punish Me on this account as You think proper
- Kasyapa informed his wife that just because Lord Siva happened to be his brother-in-law, that should not encourage her in her offense towards him. Kasyapa warned her that actually Lord Siva is not connected with anyone, nor is anyone his enemy
- King Puranjana said: My dear beautiful wife, when a master accepts a servant as his own man, but does not punish him for his offenses, the servant must be considered unfortunate
- Mother, please do not take this as an offense, for I, your son, am completely dependent upon you
- My dear son, it has been proved that you are very much affectionate towards your brother and are greatly aggrieved at his being killed by the Yaksas, but just consider - for one Yaksa's offense, you have killed many others, who are innocent
- My disciples they are part and parcel of me. Whole mission is going on with their cooperation. But if he says that I am equal to my Guru Maharaja, then that is offense
- My uncle Dhrtarastra was also very mortified due to the death of all his sons and grandsons. Undoubtedly I am very ungrateful. Did he, therefore, take my offenses very seriously and, along with his wife, drown himself in the Ganges?
- Narada Muni continued, 'My dear hunter, your business is killing animals. That is a slight offense on your part. But when you consciously give them unnecessary pain by leaving them half-dead, you incur very great sins'
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "These are the remnants of food left by Lord Krsna. If You take them to be ordinary remnants, You have committed an offense"
- No one should perform sankirtana on the streets of the city. Today I am excusing the offense and returning home
- No pure devotee will desire for any material benefit by worshiping Krsna or chanting His holy name. That is also considered as one of the offenses of ten kinds of offense
- Nothing should be accepted blindly; everything should be accepted with care and with caution. Ksama, tolerance and forgiveness, should be practiced; one should be tolerant and excuse the minor offenses of others
- O devotees, please do not consider my offenses in this regard. Your lotus feet are my only shelter
- O King Pariksit, hearing the loud crying, all the inhabitants of the palace came, both men and women. Being equally aggrieved, they also began to cry. The queens who had administered the poison also cried pretentiously, knowing full well their offense
- O King, overlooking my offenses, you have saved my life. Thus I am very much obliged to you because you are so merciful
- O Lord Nityananda, I write of Your mercy out of great exultation. Please forgive me for my offenses
- O river Yamuna, you are the blissful spiritual water that gives love to the son of Nanda Maharaja. You are the same as the water of the spiritual world, for you can vanquish all our offenses and the sinful reactions incurred in life
- One may sometimes chant with offenses and sometimes without offenses, but if one seriously adopts this process, he will achieve perfection, which cannot be achieved through Vedic ritualistic ceremonies of atonement
- One should not indulge in the unauthorized act of twisting the meaning and thereby putting himself on the dangerous path of offense
- One's inability to tolerate an offense committed by another is called amarsa, and one's inability to tolerate the opulence of another is called jealousy. Jealousy and amarsa are both caused by intolerance
- Other offenses are to worship the Deity after seeing a dead body, to pass air before the Deity, to show anger before the Deity, and to worship the Deity just after returning from a crematorium
- Ramacandra Puri was thus denounced by Madhavendra Puri. Due to his offense, gradually material desire appeared within him
- Realization of consciousness is taught by Bhagavad-gita within only a few minutes, whereas the so-called yogis take continuous years to realize it because of their offenses at the lotus feet of the Lord
- Sanandana say, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Because of their offenses, Your material energy has taken charge of them. Thus their transcendental qualities of joyfulness, bliss and wisdom have been covered by the clouds of the three material qualities'"
- Sati continued: My dear father, you are committing the greatest offense by envying Lord Siva, whose very name, consisting of two syllables, si and va, purifies one of all sinful activities
- Satrajit happened to be the father-in-law of Krsna, and it is the injunction of the sastras that one who is guru-druha, who has rebelled against a superior person, must be punished in proportion to the severity of the offense
- Seeing the food uncovered before the Deity, Madhavendra Puri desired to taste a little of it so that he could prepare a similar sweet rice for his Gopala. Madhavendra Puri was so strict, however, that he considered this to be an offense
- Since he (Sripada Sankaracarya) was a great devotee of Lord Krsna, he did not dare write any commentary on Srimad-Bhagavatam because that would have been a direct offense at the lotus feet of the Lord
- Since Lord Siva is himself associated with women, he knows very well their defective nature, and he might not take very seriously Diti's unavoidable offense (untimely sexual intercourse), which occurred due to her faulty nature
- Since Lord Siva is himself associated with women, he knows very well their defective nature, and he might not take very seriously Diti's unavoidable offense, which occurred due to her faulty nature
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu did not consider the offenses of Ramacandra Puri, for the Lord considered him His spiritual master. However, his character instructed everyone about the result of offending the spiritual master
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu continued, "If You invite at least one hundred sannyasis to Your home and feed them sumptuously, Your offense will be nullified"
- Srivasa Thakura replied, "Anyone who takes Your holy name vanquishes ten million of his offenses immediately
- Svarupa said, "My dear Lord, please excuse my offense. I gave up Your company to go elsewhere, and that was my great mistake"
- Take this prasadam of Lord Jagannatha's and this cloth and deliver them to My mother, Sacidevi. After offering her obeisances, please request her to excuse My offenses
- The Bhattacarya said, "Both the food and the sitting place are the Lord's mercy. If You can eat the remnants of the food, what is the offense in Your sitting in this place"
- The Bhattacarya said, "We are just having a discussion among friends and considering the points described in the scriptures. Do not become angry. I am simply speaking on the strength of the sastras. Please don't take any offense"
- The crowlike birds or crowlike men or karmis, they're envious. You'll find. And even, without any offense... Just like dog: You pass on. Without any offense, he'll bark, Ow, ow, ow, ow
- The deity worship must be completely pure in terms of cleanliness and punctuality, otherwise there will be some offense
- The fifth offense is to think that devotees have given artificial importance to the holy name of God. The actual fact is that the Lord is nondifferent from His name. The highest realization of spiritual value is to chant the holy name of God
- The greatest offense is to deny the existence of the Lord as separate from the individual souls or to accept the Lord and the individual soul as one and the same
- The liberated soul in devotional service, attracted by the transcendental qualities of Krsna, becomes more and more elevated, whereas those who engage in dry speculation and simply cultivate knowledge without devotion fall due to their many offenses
- The list of offenses, 10 kinds, are in my apartment in N.Y., & you ask your God-brother, Brahmananda, & he will supply you. Similarly, there is another list of the qualifications, as well as prayer for Spiritual Master, are also there. Try to secure them
- The Lord (Caitanya) became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimha-deva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimhadeva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord said, "My dear King, because you are a ksatriya, you have committed the offense of slaughtering animals, both in hunting and in political engagements"
- The materialistic persons, they are after blessing for some material benefit. They are not after Krsna. That is another offense. Therefore to go to guru or to accept a guru, there should not be any material purpose
- The nyaya-sastra confirms, bhrtyaparadhe svamino dandah: if a servant makes a mistake, the master is punishable because he is responsible for the offense
- The offenses against the chanting of the holy name are as follows: (3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master. (4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version
- The only offense of persons adhering to principles is that they are not devotees; they are always blasphemous toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His devotees
- The rsi did not congratulate his son, but, on the contrary, began to repent, saying: Alas! What a great sinful act was performed by my son. He has awarded heavy punishment for an insignificant offense
- The whole incident is now cleared up. Maharaja Pariksit's garlanding the sage (Samika Rsi) with a dead snake was not at all a very serious offense, but Srngi's cursing the King was a serious offense
- There was no offense in Your appearing as Nrsimhadeva. Rather, any man who saw You in that mood was immediately liberated from the bondage of material existence
- There was no way to go. How could he leave? When he thought of crossing over the Lord's body, he considered it a great offense
- Thereafter the Lord delivered love of Krsna to His mother, Sacidevi, nullifying her offense at the feet of Advaita Acarya. Thus there was a meeting with Advaita Acarya, who later had a vision of the Lord's universal form
- These different offenses are progressively greater in degree. An offense committed within the mind is a positive offense, the same offense committed verbally is comparatively more grave & when committed by bodily action it is superlative in offensiveness
- They all prayed to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself and saying, "Sir, please excuse our offense. Please have mercy upon us and bring our spiritual master back to life"
- This is a teaching of Lord Caitanya, that to accept Krsna as ordinary man is also offense, and similarly to accept an ordinary man as Krsna, or God, that is also offense
- This is the incident concerning the Kazi and the Lord's mercy upon him. Anyone who hears this is also freed from all offenses
- This mentality of committing sins willfully on the strength of devotional service is called namno balad yasya hi papa-buddhih, and it is the greatest offense in the discharge of devotional service
- Thus I have related the ecstatic love of Sarvabhauma's wife, who is known as the mother of Sathi. I have also related Caitanya's great mercy, which He manifested by excusing Amogha's offense. He did so due to Amogha's relationship with a devotee
- To interpret Bhagavad-gita without any reference to the will of Krsna is the greatest offense
- Today You have accepted me as Your servant and have properly punished me for my offense
- Varuna kidnapped his (Utathya's) wife Bhadra, and to retaliate the offense of the god of water, he drank all the water of the world
- Vidura rightly advised his eldest brother to get rid of this source of trouble. Dhrtarastra was wrongly maintaining such personified offense under the mistaken impression that Duryodhana was a good son, able to liberate his father
- Vidura said: You must now return the legitimate share to Yudhisthira, who has no enemies and who has been forbearing through untold sufferings due to your offenses
- When an offense is done unto the devotee of the Lord, it is very difficult to overcome the reaction. The brahmanas, being at the head of the social orders, are meant to give protection to their subordinates and not to curse them
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When one becomes regretful for some offense, his feeling is called bashfulness. In this way, bashfulness and regret can be synonymous
- When one fails to achieve his desired goal of life and repents for all his offenses, there is a state of regret called visada
- When the mind is steadfast it is called enduring, and one's ability to tolerate others' offenses is also called endurance. Therefore, forgiveness and endurance can be synonymous
- While dealing with the ordinary men, we must spread this movement in such a way that they will not misunderstand us and take offense. Try to sell as many of my books as possible to your best ability
- Willing should be avoided and acting stopped, or else there is offense of breaking this basic prohibition of illicit sex-life
- With regard to the offenses you are hearing it is not ghosts as you say, but they are creations of your mind. The mind is indeed wretched as you say
- You (Gopala Capala) have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births
- You are maintaining offense personified, Duryodhana, as your infallible son, but he is envious of Lord Krsna. And because you are thus maintaining a nondevotee of Krsna, you are devoid of all auspicious qualities
- You have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births
- You simply chant Hare Krsna mantra, and whatever you can, offer Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He is very kind. He does not take offense. Radha-Krsna worship is little difficult. We have to worship Him with great awe and veneration