Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
offense | offence
This category has the following 8 subcategories, out of 8 total.
Pages in category "Offense"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- A characteristic of a pure devotee is that he excuses any offense by an ignorant rascal. A characteristic of Krsna, however, is that He cannot tolerate blasphemy of His devotees
- A devotee should be blameless because any offense by the devotee is a scar on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. The devotee's duty is to be always conscious in his dealings with others, especially with another devotee of the Lord
- A great soul may forgive offenses, but Krsna does not excuse offenses to the dust of that great soul's feet, just as one can tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's head but cannot tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's feet
- A person who can tolerate all kinds of offenses from the opposite party is known to be forgiving
- Although Garuda did not try to retaliate, the Muni was not saved from his offensive act against a great Vaisnava personality. Due to this offense, Saubhari fell down from his yogic position and afterwards became a householder
- Although Haridasa Thakura, as a Vaisnava, did not take seriously the brahmana's offense, the Supreme Personality of Godhead could not tolerate it, and thus he made the brahmana suffer the consequences
- Although there are sixty-four kinds of offenses one can commit in vidhi-marga worship, in raga-marga worship there is no consideration of such offenses because the devotees on that platform are very much elevated, and there is no question of offense
- Amogha, always chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and do not commit any further offenses. After giving Amogha this instruction, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sarvabhauma's house
- An offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava is so disastrous that Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has compared it to a mad elephant that enters a garden and causes great havoc by uprooting many plants and trees
- An offense at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas is a greater offense than that committed at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- An offense at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas is a greater offense than that committed at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. A civilization that commits such sinful activities generally loses all faith in the Supreme Lord
- Arjuna said to Lord Krsna: I have dishonored You many times, jesting as we relaxed, lay on the same bed, or sat or ate together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. O infallible one, please excuse me for all those offenses
- As it is an offense to consider oneself to be Krsna, so it is offensive to consider oneself to be Yasoda, Nanda, or any other associate of the Lord. We should always remember that they are transcendental; they are never conditioned souls
- Because of her nature, a woman can respond to even a slight offense from her husband by not only leaving him but even killing him if required. To say nothing of her husband, she can even kill her brother. That is a woman's nature
- Because of this vaisnava-aparadha (when Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care), an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava, Saubhari Muni fell from his exalted position of mystic tapasya
- Bhrgu Muni's first offense, committed toward Lord Brahma, was an offense with the mind. His second offense, committed toward Lord Siva by insulting him, criticizing him for unclean habits, was an offense by speech
- But because later on the crow (Indra) bowed down before the Lord, He excused his offense
- By contacting nondevotees and engaging in nondevotional activities, a so-called mature devotee will fall victim to the mad elephant offense. Whatever growth has taken place is quickly uprooted by such an offense
- By inducing a prostitute to disturb Haridasa Thakura, Ramacandra Khan caused a seed of offense at his lotus feet to germinate. This seed later became a tree, and when it fructified, Ramacandra Khan ate its fruits
- Daksa, who is so hardhearted that he is unworthy to be a brahmana, will gain extensive ill fame because of his offenses to his daughter, because of not having prevented her death, and because of his great envy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Despite all our offenses and defiance of the desires of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord will give us immediate relief from all the hardships offered by material nature if we simply surrender unto Him
- Haridasa Thakura protested, "These two benedictions are not the true result of chanting the holy name. Actually, by chanting the holy name without offenses, one awakens his ecstatic love for the lotus feet of Krsna"
- His (Narada Muni's) first offense was that he went to join the sankirtana party in the company of lusty women, and another offense was that he considered ordinary songs, like cinema songs and other such songs, to be equal to sankirtana
- I know that although you are speaking guru as goru, I, I, I, don't take offense because I know that your desire is something else. I do not protest
- I now do not know what My destination is because of this offense. Indeed, your Bengali Vaisnava has greatly implicated Me
- I offer my obeisances ten million times to the lotus feet of Sri Advaita Acarya. Please do not take offense at this
- I offer my obeisances unto them as a token of respect. I request them not to consider my offenses
- If in spite of being an offender one chants the holy names of Gaura-Nityananda, he is very quickly freed from the reactions to his offenses. Therefore, one should first approach Lord Caitanya and Nityananda, or worship Guru-Gauranga
- If one chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra without offenses, all of one's sinful actions are surely atoned for immediately, but one should not commit such deeds again, for that is an offense
- If someone thinks that he can chant Kali, Kali! or Durga, Durga! and it is the same as Hare Krsna, that is the greatest offense
- If the offense is very serious, then one's attachment becomes almost nil, and if the offense is not very serious, one's attachment can become second-class or third-class
- If the offense unto a pure devotee of the lord is very serious, then one's attachment for Krsna becomes almost nil, and if the offense is not very serious, one's attachment can become second class or third class
- If we consider the bodily defects of a Vaisnava, we should understand that we are committing an offense at the lotus feet of the Vaisnava. An offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava is very serious
- If we keep ourself on the material platform, then for thousand years we may chant, it will be difficult. That is called namaparadha. Of course, holy name is so powerful that even by chanting with offense, gradually he becomes pure
- In the process of devotional service, the first step is to take shelter of the spiritual master and then inquire from him all about the process. This inquiry is essential for immunity to all kinds of offenses on the path of devotional service
- In the sastras it is found that a very great yogi, Durvasa Muni, committed a vaisnava-aparadha and thus for one full year had to travel all over the universe, even to Vaikunthaloka, to defend himself from the offense
- In the supplementary Vedic literature, there is the following list of 32 offenses in the matter of serving the Lord: 1) One should not enter the temple of the Deity in a car or palanquin or with shoes on the feet
- In this way, through the association of the great sage Narada Muni, the hunter was a little convinced of his sinful activity. He therefore became somewhat afraid due to his offenses
- Indeed, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has described this offense as hati-mata, the mad elephant offense
- Indra said, "You (Krsna) are so merciful that without accepting their offenses You devise means so that their false prestige is subdued and they can know that You, and no one else, are the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- Indra, the King of heaven, was conscious of his offense before Krsna; therefore he stealthily appeared before Him in a secluded place. He immediately fell down at the lotus feet of Krsna, although his own crown was dazzling like sunshine
- It is also an offense to consider an empowered Vaisnava an object of disciplinary action. It is offensive to try to give him advice or to correct him
- It is certainly because of My offense that Your staff was broken. Now You can punish Me on this account as You think proper
- Last night you were disappointed. Please excuse my offense. I shall certainly accept you
- Lord Narayana could not excuse a person who had offended a Vaisnava. To be excused from such an offense, one must submit to the Vaisnava whom he has offended. There is no other way to be excused
- Lord Siva, being kind toward him (Daksa), awarded him punishment to neutralize the offense. King Daksa realized this and, feeling obliged for Lord Siva's magnanimous behavior, wanted to show his gratitude
- Narada Muni continued, 'My dear hunter, your business is killing animals. That is a slight offense on your part. But when you consciously give them unnecessary pain by leaving them half-dead, you incur very great sins'
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "These are the remnants of food left by Lord Krsna. If You take them to be ordinary remnants, You have committed an offense"
- No pure devotee will desire for any material benefit by worshiping Krsna or chanting His holy name. That is also considered as one of the offenses of ten kinds of offense
- Nothing should be accepted blindly; everything should be accepted with care and with caution. Ksama, tolerance and forgiveness, should be practiced; one should be tolerant and excuse the minor offenses of others
- O devotees, please do not consider my offenses in this regard. Your lotus feet are my only shelter
- O Lord Nityananda, I write of Your mercy out of great exultation. Please forgive me for my offenses
- O river Yamuna, you are the blissful spiritual water that gives love to the son of Nanda Maharaja. You are the same as the water of the spiritual world, for you can vanquish all our offenses and the sinful reactions incurred in life
- Offense by one at the feet of a pure devotee may be likened to the mad elephant who devastates a very good garden if it enters
- On the part of the Lord there was no offended mood because He does not accept any offense created by His sincere devotee
- One may sometimes chant with offenses and sometimes without offenses, but if one seriously adopts this process, he will achieve perfection, which cannot be achieved through Vedic ritualistic ceremonies of atonement
- One who offends a pure devotee can never satisfy Caitanya Mahaprabhu unless and until he sincerely regrets his offense and thus rectifies it
- One's inability to tolerate an offense committed by another is called amarsa, and one's inability to tolerate the opulence of another is called jealousy. Jealousy and amarsa are both caused by intolerance
- Other offenses are to worship the Deity after seeing a dead body, to pass air before the Deity, to show anger before the Deity, and to worship the Deity just after returning from a crematorium
- Sanandana say, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Because of their offenses, Your material energy has taken charge of them. Thus their transcendental qualities of joyfulness, bliss and wisdom have been covered by the clouds of the three material qualities'"
- Satrajit happened to be the father-in-law of Krsna, and it is the injunction of the sastras that one who is guru-druha, who has rebelled against a superior person, must be punished in proportion to the severity of the offense
- Seeing the food uncovered before the Deity, Madhavendra Puri desired to taste a little of it so that he could prepare a similar sweet rice for his Gopala. Madhavendra Puri was so strict, however, that he considered this to be an offense
- Since Lord Siva is himself associated with women, he knows very well their defective nature, and he might not take very seriously Diti's unavoidable offense, which occurred due to her faulty nature
- Srila Haridasa explained that just as fear of nocturnal creatures like thieves, ghosts, and hobgoblins evaporates at dawn's first light, so all sins and offences are erased and liberation is attained in the clearing stage of chanting the holy name
- Srila Nityananda Prabhu continued, "If You invite at least one hundred sannyasis to Your home and feed them sumptuously, Your offense will be nullified"
- Svarupa said, "My dear Lord, please excuse my offense. I gave up Your company to go elsewhere, and that was my great mistake"
- Take this prasadam of Lord Jagannatha's and this cloth and deliver them to My mother, Sacidevi. After offering her obeisances, please request her to excuse My offenses
- The Bhattacarya said, "Both the food and the sitting place are the Lord's mercy. If You can eat the remnants of the food, what is the offense in Your sitting in this place"
- The Bhattacarya said, "We are just having a discussion among friends and considering the points described in the scriptures. Do not become angry. I am simply speaking on the strength of the sastras. Please don't take any offense"
- The conditions of the material world are so made that one has to commit sins willingly or unwillingly, and the best example is Maharaja Pariksit himself, who was a recognized sinless, pious king. But he also became a victim of an offense
- The crowlike birds or crowlike men or karmis, they're envious. You'll find. And even, without any offense... Just like dog: You pass on. Without any offense, he'll bark, Ow, ow, ow, ow
- The deity worship must be completely pure in terms of cleanliness and punctuality, otherwise there will be some offense
- The fifth offense is to think that devotees have given artificial importance to the holy name of God. The actual fact is that the Lord is nondifferent from His name. The highest realization of spiritual value is to chant the holy name of God
- The first offense is to vilify the great devotees who have preached about the glories of the Lord
- The gardener must defend the creeper by fencing it all around so that the powerful elephant of offenses may not enter
- The liberated soul in devotional service, attracted by the transcendental qualities of Krsna, becomes more and more elevated, whereas those who engage in dry speculation and simply cultivate knowledge without devotion fall due to their many offenses
- The list of offenses, 10 kinds, are in my apartment in N.Y., & you ask your God-brother, Brahmananda, & he will supply you. Similarly, there is another list of the qualifications, as well as prayer for Spiritual Master, are also there. Try to secure them
- The Lord (Caitanya) became morose and said to Srivasa Thakura, "When I adopted the mood of Lord Nrsimha-deva, people were greatly afraid. Therefore I stopped, since causing fear among people is an offense"
- The Lord is so kind to His devotees that He took all the responsibility for the doormen's offense and requested the sages to give them facilities to return to Vaikuntha as soon as possible
- The Lord said, "My dear King, because you are a ksatriya, you have committed the offense of slaughtering animals, both in hunting and in political engagements"
- The materialistic persons, they are after blessing for some material benefit. They are not after Krsna. That is another offense. Therefore to go to guru or to accept a guru, there should not be any material purpose
- The nyaya-sastra confirms, bhrtyaparadhe svamino dandah: if a servant makes a mistake, the master is punishable because he is responsible for the offense
- The offenses against the chanting of the holy name are as follows: (3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master. (4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version
- The only business of the Mayavadi atheists is to make Krsna formless, and consequently, because of this severe offense at the lotus feet of Krsna, they cannot expect salvation
- The only offense of persons adhering to principles is that they are not devotees; they are always blasphemous toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His devotees
- The seventh offense is to commit sins intentionally on the strength of the holy name. In the scriptures it is said that one can be liberated from the effects of all sinful actions simply by chanting the holy name of the Lord
- There are three stages in chanting the holy name of the Lord - the offensive stage, the stage of lessening offenses, and the pure stage. When a neophyte takes to the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra, he generally commits many offenses
- These different offenses are progressively greater in degree. An offense committed within the mind is a positive offense, the same offense committed verbally is comparatively more grave & when committed by bodily action it is superlative in offensiveness
- They all prayed to Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, addressing Him as the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself and saying, "Sir, please excuse our offense. Please have mercy upon us and bring our spiritual master back to life"
- This is a teaching of Lord Caitanya, that to accept Krsna as ordinary man is also offense, and similarly to accept an ordinary man as Krsna, or God, that is also offense
- This mentality of committing sins willfully on the strength of devotional service is called namno balad yasya hi papa-buddhih, and it is the greatest offense in the discharge of devotional service
- This offense at the lotus feet of an exalted devotee has resulted in a wonderful narration. Taking advantage of the opportunity afforded by these incidents, I shall explain what happened. O devotees, please listen
- Though the devotees are desireless and undemanding, the Lord always sees to their requirements. The devotees are ever-joyful upon receiving such grace from the Lord, and there is no offence or sin in accepting His benedictions
- Thus I have related the ecstatic love of Sarvabhauma's wife, who is known as the mother of Sathi. I have also related Caitanya's great mercy, which He manifested by excusing Amogha's offense. He did so due to Amogha's relationship with a devotee
- To interpret Bhagavad-gita without any reference to the will of Krsna is the greatest offense
- Transcendental attachment, either shadow or para, can be nullified by different degrees of offenses at the lotus feet of pure devotees
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When one becomes regretful for some offense, his feeling is called bashfulness. In this way, bashfulness and regret can be synonymous
- When one criticizes a pure devotee, he commits an offense that is very obstructive and dangerous for those who desire to advance in Krsna consciousness
- When one fails to achieve his desired goal of life and repents for all his offenses, there is a state of regret called visada
- When the mind is steadfast it is called enduring, and one's ability to tolerate others' offenses is also called endurance. Therefore, forgiveness and endurance can be synonymous
- While dealing with the ordinary men, we must spread this movement in such a way that they will not misunderstand us and take offense. Try to sell as many of my books as possible to your best ability
- Willing should be avoided and acting stopped, or else there is offense of breaking this basic prohibition of illicit sex-life
- With regard to the offenses you are hearing it is not ghosts as you say, but they are creations of your mind. The mind is indeed wretched as you say
- Yes, progress of devotional service becomes choked up when there is gross offense to the Spiritual Master. So far I am concerned, you have no offense
- You (Gopala Capala) have made Srivasa Thakura appear to have been worshiping the goddess Bhavani. Simply for this offense, you will have to fall down into hellish life for ten million births
- You should also describe the symptoms of a Vaisnava and explain that one must give up or nullify all kinds of seva-aparadha, offenses in Deity worship
- You simply chant Hare Krsna mantra, and whatever you can, offer Caitanya Mahaprabhu. He is very kind. He does not take offense. Radha-Krsna worship is little difficult. We have to worship Him with great awe and veneration