Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
offender | offenders
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Offender"
The following 67 pages are in this category, out of 67 total.
- A householder who dishonors such holy orders is a great offender
- A hunter in the forest, although a great sinner, was not an intentional offender. He was at once influenced by the presence of Narada, and he agreed to take the path of devotion, leaving aside his hearth and home
- A person who considers demigods like Brahma and Siva to be on an equal level with Narayana must certainly be considered an offender
- A pious king like Maharaja Pariksit should have at once killed an offender who wanted to cheat the public by dressing like a king and at the same time daring to insult the purest of the animals, a cow
- An offender glides down more and more; therefore he naturally continues to commit offenses at the feet of the great soul
- Bali Maharaja seriously felt that he was an offender to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Because the Mayavadis are great offenders and atheistic philosophers, the holy name of Krsna does not come from their mouths
- But the offenders Nalakuvara and Manigriva, even though living amongst the demigods, had to undergo the punishment of becoming trees in their next lives, although by the grace of a devotee they were later delivered by the Lord
- Daksa criticized that Narada Muni was an offender to the Lord although he was known as an associate of the Lord
- Dear Lord, let us inform you that no one is more sinful than us, nor is there any offender like us. Even if we wanted to mention our sinful activities, we would immediately become ashamed. And what to speak of giving them up
- Engaged in external activities, they (offenders) kill the internal vision
- Even if a person is a severe offender in many ways, he is freed from offensive life if he takes shelter of the Lord's holy name
- Even the first-grade offender is excused simply by this process of bowing the head to the ground in respect
- Even though such offenders may dress as Vaisnavas with false tilaka and mala, they are never forgiven by the Lord if they offend a pure Vaisnava
- I am glad to see that my Thursday lectures have brought some changes in the mind of the young offenders. If the lectures are continued I am sure to turn these offenders into saintly characters
- I will always pray to Krishna for his recovery. For the time being he should simply chant Hare Krishna without any attempt at lecturing. The impersonalist cannot render any service to Krishna because he is a great offender
- If a man thinks that chanting will save him from all kinds of sinful reaction deliberately committed by him, then he becomes the greatest offender
- If all the sannyasis came together, it would not be possible for me to pay them proper respects. Therefore I would be an offender
- If in spite of being an offender one chants the holy names of Gaura-Nityananda, he is very quickly freed from the reactions to his offenses. Therefore, one should first approach Lord Caitanya and Nityananda, or worship Guru-Gauranga
- If one hears an irresponsible person blaspheme the master and controller of religion, one should block his ears and go away if unable to punish him. But if one is able to kill, then one should by force cut out the blasphemer's tongue and kill the offender
- If one poses himself as an acarya but does not have an attitude of servitorship to the Lord, he must be considered an offender, and this offensive attitude disqualifies him from being an acarya
- If one thinks that he is above consulting anyone else, including a spiritual master, he is at once an offender at the lotus feet of the Lord
- If one thinks that Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the only perfect personality whereas the demigods, even such demigods as Lord Siva, are inclined to improper social affairs, he is an offender
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "My dear Lord, there is no sinful living entity who is more of a sinner than myself. Nor is there a greater offender than myself"
- It appears that an offender to a Vaisnava continues to suffer and does not give up his life
- Maharaja Pariksit challenges even such denizens of heaven if they torture the offenseless. This means that the state executive head must be as strong as Maharaja Pariksit so that he may be determined to punish the strongest offenders
- May Sanat-kumara protect me from lusty desires. As I begin some auspicious activity, may Lord Hayagriva protect me from being an offender by neglecting to offer respectful obeisances to the Supreme Lord
- Mayavadi philosophers remain offenders for many, many births, even though they have partially realized Brahman
- Mayavadis, impersonalists, are offenders at the lotus feet of Krsna, they may nonetheless be counted among the siddhas, those who have realized the self
- My Guru Maharaja never took mango throughout his whole life. Whenever mango was offered, he would say, "Oh, I am a offender. I cannot take that"
- Offenders have to wait until they receive the mercy of devotees, and then they can become eligible to see the lotus feet of the Lord within themselves. But due to their offenses and their extreme materialism, they cannot see even the devotees of the Lord
- One may then ask why the Lord exhibited His anger. The point is that one should be ready to tolerate all insults to one's own self, but when Krsna or His pure devotee is blasphemed, a genuine devotee becomes angry & acts like fire against the offenders
- One should never classify the visnu-tattvas, or the plenary portions of Narayana, the Personality of Godhead, in the same categories with the parts and parcels. If anyone does so he becomes at once an offender
- One should not criticize a preacher of the glories of the Hare Krsna maha-mantra. If one does so, he is an offender
- One who considers the transcendental body of Lord Visnu to be made of material nature is the greatest offender at the lotus feet of the Lord. There is no greater blasphemy against the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One who thinks that everything is maya instead of thinking that everything is Krsna is called an aparadhi, or offender
- Sanandana said, "The personified Vedas sing, 'Due to their (the living entities) own faults they imitate You (Visnu) by trying to become the supreme enjoyer. Thus they disobey Your supremacy and become offenders'"
- Sati is aggrieved not for her personal association with Lord Siva but because her body is related with that of Daksa, who is an offender at Lord Siva's lotus feet
- Sir, you came here long ago, but no one informed me. Therefore I have certainly become an offender at your lotus feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu continued, "To say nothing of ordinary living entities, even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva cannot be considered on the level of Visnu or Narayana. If one considers them as such, he is immediately considered an offender and atheist"
- The direct offender is more responsible for sinful activities than the indirect enjoyer
- The dog's business is, you are not offender, still it will offend, Gow! Gow! Gow
- The falldown of Saubhari Muni, who was supposed to be absorbed in spiritual bliss by meditation, is an instruction to the offender of Vaisnavas
- The Lord stayed there for seven days and delivered all kinds of offenders and sinners
- The Mayavada philosophical way of thinking is offensive, and no offender can enter into the kingdom of God to associate with Krsna
- The second offense to the holy name is to deny that Lord Visnu is the Absolute Truth. There is no difference between His name, quality, form, pastimes and activities, and one who sees a difference is considered an offender
- The servants of Lord Jagannatha generally move about tending to their duties, but if they touch me I shall be an offender
- There are many cases in which a person becomes an offender to the lotus feet of a Vaisnava and later becomes repentant
- These atheists are not wise men: they are simply ordinary mortals who are offenders against the Lord
- They (the impersonalists) try always to place themselves on the same level with the Lord. That is due to their envious attitude. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has proclaimed the impersonalists to be offenders of the Lord
- Those who are advancing in Krsna consciousness, undergoing tapasya, austerities, their first qualification is to forgive the offender
- Thus even if one is a brahmana he is certain to be attacked by leprosy and bereft of all family members if he makes such dualistic considerations. Such an offender goes to hell, never to return. This is the injunction of the Brhad-visnu Purana
- Yamaraja, considering himself and his servants to be offenders, spoke as follows, begging pardon from the Lord: O my Lord, my servants have surely committed a great offense by arresting a Vaisnava such as Ajamila
- Yamuna prayed, "My dear Supreme Personality of Godhead, You are full with six opulences. Because I forgot Your omnipotence, I have mistakenly disobeyed Your order, and thus I have become a great offender"
- Your qualification is that you can live amicably with anyone. Even if one is an offender to you, you do not become agitated. This is a Vaisnava qualification