Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
offensive | offensively | offensiveness
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Offensive"
The following 49 pages are in this category, out of 49 total.
- A man of controlled senses cannot be offensive to anyone. One may ask, "Why then was Arjuna offensive (in battle) to others? Wasn't he in Krsna consciousness?"
- A sense of weakness caused by distress, fearfulness or offensiveness is called humility. In this condition one becomes talkative, small in heart, dirty in mind, full of anxiety and inactive
- Although Garuda did not try to retaliate, the Muni was not saved from his offensive act against a great Vaisnava personality. Due to this offense, Saubhari fell down from his yogic position and afterwards became a householder
- As it is an offense to consider oneself to be Krsna, so it is offensive to consider oneself to be Yasoda, Nanda, or any other associate of the Lord. We should always remember that they are transcendental; they are never conditioned souls
- As one practices chanting this sound vibration, one passes through three stages of development: the offensive stage, the clearing stage and the transcendental stage
- Even if a person is a severe offender in many ways, he is freed from offensive life if he takes shelter of the Lord's holy name
- Even it is little offensive, still these rascals should be taught good lesson. Yes. They're misleading. Godlessness. As soon as you say "God created", immediately they become arrogant. That is our protest. If they accept God, then we give them all credit
- If a person overly addicted to family life takes to Srimad-Bhagavatam or Krsna consciousness to earn a livelihood, his activity is certainly offensive
- If Hrsikesa writes you letter I think you may avoid reply. I do not approve both Hrsikesa's and Bon Maharaja's this offensive action
- If one chants the Hare Krsna mantra offensively, one does not achieve the desired result
- If one is not even able to chant 16 rounds, then he must make it up the next day. He must be sure to keep his vow. If he does not strictly follow this out, then he is sure to be negligent. That is offensive in the service of the Lord
- If one poses himself as an acarya but does not have an attitude of servitorship to the Lord, he must be considered an offender, and this offensive attitude disqualifies him from being an acarya
- In the beginning there are three stages: offensive stages, liberated stage, and relishing stage. So you will be initiated for chanting Hare Krsna, there will be so many offenses. So we have to defend ourself from the offenses
- In the offensive stage of chanting one may desire all kinds of material happiness, but in the second stage one becomes clear of all material contamination
- In the same Skanda Purana there is a statement about submission and humbleness. It is stated there, "I am so greatly sinful and offensive that when I come to confess my sinful activities before You, I am ashamed"
- It does not matter whether one refers to Balarama or to Lord Ramacandra when chanting Hare Rama, for there is no difference between Them. However, it is offensive to think that Balarama is superior to Lord Ramacandra or vice versa
- O Supreme Lord, offensive persons whose internal vision has been too affected by external materialistic activities cannot see Your lotus feet, but they are seen by Your pure devotees, whose one and only aim is to transcendentally enjoy Your activities
- Odor, although one, becomes many - as mixed, offensive, fragrant, mild, strong, acidic and so on - according to the proportions of associated substances
- Paundraka's meditation was concentrated on the Visnu form, but because he thought himself Visnu, it was offensive. By his being killed by Krsna, that offense was mitigated. Thus he was given sarupya liberation, and he attained the same form as the Lord
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- The goddess of fortune enjoys the association of Krsna through the gopis. One should not differentiate between the forms of the Lord, for such a conception is offensive
- The Lord knew that even the offensive doormen were His pure devotees, although by chance they committed an offense at the feet of other devotees
- The Mayavada philosophical way of thinking is offensive, and no offender can enter into the kingdom of God to associate with Krsna
- The most dangerous theory of the impersonalists is that when God comes as an incarnation He accepts a material body created by the three modes of material nature. This Mayavada theory has been condemned by Lord Caitanya as most offensive
- The result of persecuting saintly persons is not only untimely death. The act is so offensive that the perpetrator also gradually loses his beauty, his fame and his religious principles, and thus his promotion to higher planets is checked
- The so-called mlecchas and yavanas of the Western countries are more purified than offensive Mayavadis or atheistic impersonalists
- There are ten basic offenses, and if the devotee avoids these, he can glimpse the next stage, which is situated between offensive chanting and pure chanting
- These different offenses are progressively greater in degree. An offense committed within the mind is a positive offense, the same offense committed verbally is comparatively more grave & when committed by bodily action it is superlative in offensiveness
- They (the members of the Mayavada school) think that He is covered by a material body just like other living beings. Due to this offensive understanding, they cannot recognize that Sri Krsna's personal form is transcendental, not material
- This is most nonsensical and offensive and is not acceptable to the author of Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu
- Those who are liberated by devotional service become more & more attracted by the transcendental qualities of Krsna. They engage in His service. Those who are liberated by the speculative process eventually fall down again due to offensive activity
- Transcendentalists who do not accept the supreme consciousness as separate from the individual consciousness are as offensive as the materialists who deny even the existence of the Lord
- When Garuda, the great devotee-carrier of Visnu, understood that Kaliya was eating the offered sacrifices, he became very angry and rushed to the island to kill the offensive serpent
- When maha-prasadam is not available, there must be fasting, but when the Supreme Personality of Godhead directly orders one to take prasadam, neglecting such an opportunity is offensive
- Whether he is offensive or inoffensive, anyone who even now chants sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu-nityananda is immediately overwhelmed with ecstasy, and tears fill his eyes