Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
defamation | defame | defamed | defaming | defamy
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Defame"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- A devotee is always free from all bad association. Sometimes one is praised and sometimes one is defamed; that is the nature of human society. But a devotee is always transcendental to artificial fame and infamy, distress or happiness
- A pure devotee is callous about worldly advantages or reverses. As such, the devotees are never inclined to counteract personal defamation, curses, negligence, etc. As far as such things are concerned, in personal affairs the devotees do not care for them
- Although Bali Maharaja fully surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he could not tolerate being defamed for cheating a brahmana-brahmacari
- An exalted person can suffer the consequences of hellish life, but he is very much afraid of being defamed for deviation from the truth
- Anyone who hears the story of the Syamantaka jewel or describes it or simply remembers it will be free from all kinds of defamation and the reactions of all impious activities and thus will attain the highest perfectional condition of peace
- As if in defamation, the poison born from the ocean of milk manifested its potency by marking Lord Siva's neck with a bluish line
- May Yajna protect me from defamation and harm from the populace, and may Lord Balarama as Sesa protect me from envious serpents
- My dear friend, these palpitations of Srimati Radharani's heart are extremely difficult to cure. Even if one applied some medical treatment, it would only end in defamation
- Pradyumna said, "None of them (family members) left the battlefield while fighting. By this removal you have overburdened me with a great defamation. It will be said that I left the battlefield while fighting was going on"
- Prajapati Daksa continued: Thus committing violence against other living entities and yet claiming to be an associate of Lord Visnu, you are defaming the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Ramacandra Khan, who was envious of Haridasa Thakura, sent a professional prostitute to attempt to defame him, but by the mercy of Haridasa Thakura, even the prostitute was delivered
- Rupa Gosvami states that when the gopis hear the sound of Krsna's flute, they immediately forget all rebukes offered by the elderly members of their families. They forget their defamation and the harsh behavior of their husbands
- Since everything is dependent on the supreme will of the Personality of Godhead, one should be equipoised in fame and defamation, victory and defeat, life and death
- Since everything is dependent on the supreme will of the PG, one should be equipoised in fame & defamation, victory 7 defeat, life & death. In their effects, represented as happiness & distress, one should maintain oneself in equilibrium, without anxiety
- Sometimes symptoms like laziness, frustration, defamation, humility, anxiety, moroseness, eagerness, restlessness, madness, death, forgetfulness, disease and illusion are also visible with devotional service in compassion
- The Bhoja dynasty refers to those who were simply interested in sense gratification and were therefore not very aristocratic. Another meaning of bhoja is "fighting." These were indications of defamation for Kamsa
- The devotees are never inclined to counteract personal defamation, curses, negligence, etc. As far as such things are concerned, in personal affairs the devotees do not care for them
- The devotees of the Lord are so forbearing that even though they are defamed, cheated, cursed, disturbed, neglected or even killed, they are never inclined to avenge themselves
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer. Thus Sri Krsna was sometimes blasphemed and sometimes honored
- When a person is envious or defamed, there may be a change in the color of the body. This may be classified as vibhava, or subecstasy. Sometimes illusion, collapse and strong anxiety are also considered to be vibhava
- When Uddhava was leaving Vrndavana, some of the elderly gopis rebuked him as follows: "O son of Gandini, your cruelty is defaming the dynasty of King Yadu. You are taking Krsna away, keeping us in such pitiable condition without Him"