Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
blaspheme | blasphemer | blasphemed | blasphemers | blasphemer's | blasphemes | blasphemies | blaspheming | blasphemous | blasphemy
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Blasphemy"
The following 80 pages are in this category, out of 80 total.
- A candidate for spiritual advancement must be nonviolent, must follow in the footsteps of great acaryas, must always remember the nectar of the pastimes of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and...
- A characteristic of a pure devotee is that he excuses any offense by an ignorant rascal. A characteristic of Krsna, however, is that He cannot tolerate blasphemy of His devotees
- A Krsna conscious person will never blaspheme any person, any religious leader, who is trying to spread Krsna consciousness or God consciousness
- Among the ten offenses committed against the chanting of the holy name, the first offenses are disobedience of the spiritual master and blasphemy of the Vedic literature
- An uttama-adhikari is not interested in blaspheming others, his heart is completely clean, and he has attained the realized state of unalloyed Krsna consciousness
- Anyone who is preaching devotion to God, he's a devotee of God. So he should never be blasphemed
- As soon as one says, blasphemes, that "I am God. There is no God," immediately devotee should be very angry because he is preaching false things. He's blaspheming against the Supreme Lord, that he is making God as very cheap
- At this time the Bhattacarya had a son-in-law named Amogha, who was the husband of his daughter Sathi. Although born in an aristocratic brahmana family, Amogha was a great faultfinder and blasphemer
- Because Daksa happened to be the father of Sati, she decided not to kill him but to give up her own life in order to compensate for the great sin she had committed by hearing blasphemy of Lord Siva
- Because Krsna is unaffected by favorable prayers or unfavorable blasphemy one should not therefore blaspheme the Supreme Lord
- Because of blaspheming the cult of Vaisnavism and insulting the devotees for a long time, he now received the results of his offensive activities
- Bewildered by false ego, strength, pride, lust and anger, the demons become envious of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is situated in their own bodies and in the bodies of others, and blaspheme against the real religion
- Bhima began to murmur, "My arms are just like thunderbolts, but despite these arms I could not smash Sisupala while he was blaspheming Krsna. Therefore, of what use are these strong arms?"
- Bhrgu Muni continued: Since you (the followers of Lord Siva) blaspheme the Vedas and the brahmanas, who are followers of the Vedic principles, it is understood that you have already taken shelter of the doctrine of atheism
- Blasphemies do not touch the heart of the devotees of the Lord because they know perfectly well what is what. Their intelligence regarding the Lord is never disturbed
- Blasphemy means you have good qualities, but still, I am defaming you
- I have heard that in some of the airports they are making announcements telling the people not to purchase our literature. This is impeding our religion and is therefore blasphemy
- If one blasphemes the Supreme Lord, his punishment is to remain in hellish life for many millions of years more than one suffers by killing many brahmanas
- If one does not care for the verdict of the sastras and dares blaspheme a Vaisnava, he suffers life after life because of this
- If one hears an irresponsible person blaspheme the master and controller of religion, one should block his ears and go away if unable to punish him. But if one is able to kill, then one should by force cut out the blasphemer's tongue and kill the offender
- If you (Arjuna) are blasphemed, defamed by your enemies, better, before getting that, you better die in the fight. And dying, by dying, you are not loser
- In that way, although your verse is blasphemous according to your meaning, mother Sarasvati has taken advantage of it to offer prayers to the Lord
- In this way, Srila Nityananda Prabhu introduced the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to everyone without discrimination. Even though the people were fallen souls and blasphemers, they were delivered by this process
- Instead, I shall never see the face of that blasphemer. I reject him and give up my relationship with him. I shall never even speak his name
- It is the Vedic injunction that whenever there is blasphemy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, one must immediately leave. If he does not do so, he becomes bereft of his pious activities and is degraded to a lower condition of life
- Many atheists and blasphemers came and fell at the lotus feet of the Lord, and the Lord in return excused them and gave them love of Krsna
- Materialists who have no knowledge of devotional service. They may be very religious and may work very systematically or perform austerities and penances, but if they blaspheme the Supreme Personality of Godhead they are nothing but rogues
- Mayavadi philosophers wrongly think that because the Supreme Person has entered the body of a poor man, the Supreme Lord has become daridra-narayana, or poor Narayana. These are all blasphemous statements of atheists and nondevotees
- One may then ask why the Lord exhibited His anger. The point is that one should be ready to tolerate all insults to one's own self, but when Krsna or His pure devotee is blasphemed, a genuine devotee becomes angry & acts like fire against the offenders
- One should also avoid association with Mayavadis, who simply blaspheme Vaisnavas
- One should be very intolerant towards the blasphemy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, or His devotees
- One should not at any time tolerate blasphemy and insults against Lord Visnu or His devotees
- One should not tolerate blaspheming of the Lord or His devotees
- One who considers the transcendental body of Lord Visnu to be made of material nature is the greatest offender at the lotus feet of the Lord. There is no greater blasphemy against the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- One who hears blasphemy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead or His devotees should immediately take action or should leave. Otherwise he will be put into hellish life perpetually
- One who tries to relieve Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's anxiety for the fallen souls is certainly a most dear, confidential devotee of the Lord. To blaspheme a devotee who is trying his best to spread the cult of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu is the greatest offense
- Other items you should describe are the method of performing purascarana, taking krsna-prasadam, giving up unoffered food and not blaspheming the Lord's devotees
- Similarly, anger can be controlled. We cannot stop anger altogether, but if we simply become angry with those who blaspheme the Lord or the devotees of the Lord, we control our anger in Krsna consciousness
- Sisupala also blasphemed Krsna in this way, but the goddess of learning, Sarasvati, offered her prayers to Krsna even by his words
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu had heard rumors about Ramacandra Puri's blasphemy. Now He directly heard his fanciful accusations
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was a little embarrassed by the Bhattacarya's statement; therefore He uttered the name Visnu to save Himself. The Lord herein confirms that if one is overestimated, glorification is just another form of blasphemy
- Such a person, being unsatisfied, begins to blaspheme Lord Brahma, saying that he does not know the art of creating well and is simply inexperienced
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit Maharaj, "My dear King, if a person, after hearing blasphemous propaganda against the Lord and His devotees, does not go away from that place, he becomes bereft of the effect of all pious activities"
- The brahmanas deviated Devapi from the path of the Vedic principles, and therefore when asked by Santanu he did not agree to accept the post of ruler. On the contrary, he blasphemed the Vedic principles and therefore became fallen
- The devotee should not hear Lord Visnu or His devotees blasphemed. (19) The devotee should avoid reading or hearing newspapers or mundane books that contain stories of love affairs between men and women or subjects palatable to the senses
- The fourth offense (sruti-sastra-nindanam) is to blaspheme Vedic literatures such as the four Vedas and the Puranas
- The heroine who is a combination of sobriety and restlessness always jokes with equivocal words. She sometimes praises her lover, sometimes blasphemes him and sometimes remains indifferent
- The impersonalists, fruitive workers, false logicians, blasphemers, nondevotees and lowest among the student community are very expert in avoiding the Krsna consciousness movement, and therefore the inundation of Krsna consciousness cannot touch them
- The impersonalists, who do not accept the transcendental form of Lord Sri Krsna, and the demons, who are always engaged in blaspheming and fighting with Him, are punished by being merged into the Brahman effulgence
- The Lord thought, "All the so-called professors and scientists and their students generally follow the regulative principles of religion, fruitive activities and austerities, yet at the same time they are blasphemers and rogues"
- The offenses against the chanting of the holy name are as follows: (3) To disobey the orders of the spiritual master. (4) To blaspheme the Vedic literature or literature in pursuance of the Vedic version
- The offenses against the chanting of the holy name are as follows: 1) To blaspheme the devotees who have dedicated their lives for propagating the holy name of the Lord
- The only offense of persons adhering to principles is that they are not devotees; they are always blasphemous toward the Supreme Personality of Godhead and His devotees
- There are three ways of dealing with such insults. If someone is heard blaspheming by words, one should be so expert that he can defeat the opposing party by argument
- There is no use in praising someone for material qualifications or blaspheming him for material disqualifications
- This is the verdict of all sastras. If one does not care for the verdict of the sastras and dares blaspheme a Vaisnava, he suffers life after life because of this
- Those sinful people who blaspheme Vaisnavas, who are all great souls, are subjected very severely to the punishment offered by Yamaraja
- Trembling of the body was exhibited in Sahadeva, the younger brother of Nakula. When Sisupala was vehemently blaspheming the Lord, Sahadeva began to tremble out of anger