devotee | devotees | devotee's
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Devotee"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- Between the Dolayatra ceremony and the rasa-lila ceremony there is an important ceremony called Siva-ratri, which is especially observed by the Saivites, or devotees of Lord Siva
- By service of the Absolute Truth, even for a few days, a devotee attains firm and fixed intelligence in Me (Lord Visnu). Consequently he goes on to become My associate in the transcendental world after giving up the present deplorable material worlds
- By spontaneous nature they (the raganuga devotees) become attracted to some of the eternal devotees such as Nanda or Yasoda, and they try to follow in their footsteps spontaneously
- Hayasirsa is very dear to the devotees, & He is the director of all religious principles. Fixed in the topmost trance, Bhadrasrava and his associates offer their respectful obeisances to the Lord and chant the following prayers with careful pronunciation
- He (a devotee) doesn't need to practice separately in this matter or to join any society for vegetarians. He is automatically a vegetarian
- I wrote a personal letter to Gandhi that "Mahatma Gandhi, you are recognized all over the world as a very pious man, and you are supposed to be very devotee of Bhagavad-gita
- In addition to these sons were Kavi, Havi, Antariksa, Prabuddha, Pippalayana, Avirhotra, Drumila, Camasa and Karabhajana. These were all very exalted, advanced devotees and authorized preachers of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Lord Siva and his followers in the parampara system try to save people from this dangerous condition of materialistic life. This is the duty of devotees following the principles of Lord Siva and belonging to the Rudra-sampradaya
- Lord Siva is always in trance, samadhi. This samadhi is not under the control of the devotee; it is under the control of Vasudeva
- Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the most exalted of all devotees of mothers, spoke like a madman and rubbed His face against the walls
- On the platform of conjugal love, the devotee offers his body in the service of the Lord. Thus on this platform the transcendental qualities of all five rasas are present
- One should not become neglectful to offer due respect to the demigods. One may not be a devotee of demigods, but that does not mean that he should be disrespectful to them
- Sometimes, of course, it so happens that Lord Siva becomes the best benedictor in spiritual life. It is said that once a poor brahmana worshiped Lord Siva for a benediction, and Lord Siva advised the devotee to go to see Sanatana Gosvami
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued, "The demigods, headed by Lord Brahma and Lord Siva and including Lord Indra, Candra, Varuna and others, are apt to be very quickly satisfied or very quickly angered by the good or ill behavior of their devotees"
- The conclusion is that the devotees of Lord Jesus Christ are promoted to the heavenly planets which are within this material world
- The daityas are devotees of the demigods because they want to derive the greatest possible material facilities from them
- The management of affairs should be in the hands of my devotees. Your program for making Life Members is approved by me
- The source of all incarnations has the emotions of a superior when He considers Himself the master, and He has the emotions of an inferior when He considers Himself a devotee
- There are also gradations of devotees, who are calculated as greater or lesser. When a devotee is great he is called prabhu, and when he is lesser he is called bhakta, or a devotee
- There are four different types of human beings - the karmis, the jnanis, the yogis and the devotees. The karmis are materialistic, whereas the other three are transcendental
- There are many demigods like Lord Brahma and Lord Siva who sometimes offer benedictions to their respective devotees. For example, Ravana was blest with many benedictions by Lord Siva, and Hiranyakasipu was blest by Lord Brahma
- Those devotees who take blessings from the demigods are also infected with the material qualities, especially passion and ignorance
- We find that materialists are generally devotees of many demigods, especially Lord Siva and mother Durga. They do not actually want spiritual happiness, for it is almost unknown to them
- When satisfied they (Brahma and Siva) give benedictions without consideration, and when angry they curse the devotee without consideration
- When there is devastation of this material universe, Brahma and his devotees, who are constantly engaged in Krsna consciousness, are all transferred to the spiritual universe and to specific spiritual planets according to their desires
- You are recognized all over the world as a very pious man, and you are supposed to be very devotee of BG. You fought for independence. Now you have got your independence. So I request you to take the teachings of BG to preach all over the world
- You should all tend to your respective engagements. Give up this useless talk. If you speak this way again, I shall go away, and you will no longer see Me here