Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
contradict | contradicted | contradicting | contradiction | contradictions | contradiction's | contradictory | contradicts
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Contradiction"
The following 91 pages are in this category, out of 91 total.
- A materialist can think only of the negation of material variety; he cannot understand spiritual variety. He thinks that spiritual variety simply contradicts material variety and is a negation or void
- Actually, the master who is well conversant, he does not say anything contradictory. It is the misunderstanding of the student that sometimes he thinks that it is contradictory
- Although in this statement there are contradictory mellows of ecstatic devotion, the result is not incompatible because conjugal love is so elevated that it is defeating all other varieties of mellows
- An incarnation of the Supreme Godhead cannot be indebted to anyone in this material world. Caitanya Mahaprabhu is never satisfied by such a contradiction, which is technically called rasabhasa
- Apparently contradictory statements in the scriptures
- At the same time, he could not rid himself of his unlawful affection for his sons. Understanding these two contradictory factors, he offered his respectful obeisances to the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Because of the various kinds of ecstasy, contradictory states of mind occurred, and this resulted in a great fight between different types of ecstasy
- Being embarrassed by so many theories and by contradictions of various types of philosophical speculation, one becomes disgusted or angry and foolishly concludes that there is no supreme cause and that everything is ultimately void
- Bible is not different from Bhagavad-gita, but when one is perfectly conversant with Bible, he'll understand more nicely Bhagavad-gita. It is not contradictory. It is helpful
- By realized knowledge, one becomes perfect. By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions
- By transcendental knowledge one can remain steady in his convictions, but by mere academic knowledge one can be easily deluded and confused by apparent contradictions
- Christians believe in Lord Jesus Christ as son of God. But we are presenting the father, God Himself. So there is no contradiction
- Contradictory ecstatic love is called selfish. That ecstatic love which can adjust all contradictory or noncontradictory symptoms is called direct selfless love
- Contradictory traits in Krsna's person are not at all surprising; one should not consider the characteristics of Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, to be actually contradictory
- Factually there is nothing contradictory; everything is possible when we understand the Lord as the Lord and not as one of us, with all our imperfection
- For this contradiction (the gopis have no inclination for their own enjoyment, and yet their joy increases) I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) see only one solution: the joy of the gopis lies in the joy of their beloved Krsna
- He (Krsna) can perform contradictory activities by dint of His inconceivable potencies. Modern scientists are puzzled. They cannot even explain how such a large quantity of chemicals has formed the atmosphere
- Here there is a mixture of conjugal love and neutrality. Although this is a contradiction of mellows, there is no incompatibility because even a brahmanandi will become attracted to Krsna
- His (Krsn's) different aspects can be analyzed according to the exhibition of His limitless variety of pastimes, and as such there is no contradiction
- If in this universe there are many rulers and justices who disagree about punishment and reward, their contradictory actions will neutralize each other, and no one will be punished or rewarded
- If one has received good education, he cannot act contradictory
- If the Prabhus have surrendered to the Prabhupada, why there shall be such mentality of occupying the superior position? This is contradictory
- In Brahma-samhita it is said that the Lord is the oldest person. Therefore a section of religionists imagine that God must be very old, & therefore they depict a form of the Lord like a very old man. But in the same Brahma-samhita, that is contradicted
- In order to avoid contradiction, botheration and unfavorable situations created by materialistic persons, a great saintly person like Jada Bharata or Utkala remains silent. The less intelligent consider such saintly persons to be mad, deaf or dumb
- In the transcendental world there is nothing contradictory, whereas in the relative world everything has its opposite
- In this Caitanya-caritamrta there is no contradictory conclusion, nor is anyone else's opinion accepted
- It is a defect of Mayavada commentaries that they make one statement in one place and a contradictory statement in another place as a tactic to refute the Bhagavata school
- It is contradictory to be violent and at the same time call oneself a religious person. Such hypocrisy is not approved by Narada Muni and the disciplic succession
- It is contradictory to practice madhukari and at the same time wear a valuable blanket. One loses his spiritual strength by doing this, and one will also become an object of jokes
- It may be argued that the demigods are as important as Lord Visnu because the names of the demigods are different names of Visnu. This, however, is not a sound conclusion, for it is contradicted in the Vedic literatures
- Krishna is not an ordinary human being. How can you think that Krishna is contradicting Himself in His own statements? It is your concoction.The jiva is jivatma and Krishna is paramatma. Where is the contradiction?
- Krsna continued, "We (Krsna and Balarama) think that to combat persons of equal age and strength is good for Us, but to fight great wrestlers like you would not be good for the audience. It would contradict their religious principles"
- Learned scholars find no contradictions in the devotees' concentration upon the spiritual form of the Lord
- Lord Buddha had to introduce the religion of nonviolence by contradicting the Vedic sacrificial instructions
- Lord Caitanya replied, "Here is another great fault. You (Kesava Kasmiri) have arranged the word ‘bhavani-bhartr' to your great satisfaction, but this betrays the fault of contradiction"
- Lord Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- Nondevotees cannot understand the contradictions present in the Supreme Lord or His devotees. Therefore in Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that the transcendental pastimes can be understood through devotional service; to nondevotees they are inconceivable
- Nothing is apart from the substance, but at the same time the energies are different from the substance. This conception is not contradictory. Srimad-Bhagavatam explicitly promulgates this simultaneously-one-and-different philosophy of the Vedanta-sutra
- Now we have to adjust. That is not contradiction. That is suitable to the time and circumstance
- On zero some great swami spoke four hours. And he was very proud that on zero one can speak throughout his whole life. But if you can speak on some subject matter for four hours, how it is zero? Just see the contradiction
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "In this way My affectionate feelings for Srimati Radharani may be understood, but on analysis I find them contradictory"
- One philosopher may disagree with another philosopher, and one scientist may put forward a theory contradicting the theory of another scientist. All of this is due to their working on the mental platform without a standard of knowledge
- One who knows God knows that the impersonal conception and personal conception are simultaneously present in everything and that there is no contradiction
- Ordinarily, if someone can walk, it is illogical to say he cannot walk. But in reference to God, such a contradiction simply serves to indicate His inconceivable power. With our limited fund of knowledge we cannot accommodate such contradictions
- Recently at Bhaktivedanta Manor they have held one election for President and Hamsaduta was present. But I am receiving so many contradictory reports
- Rukmini continued, "In the material world, no one can be rich without possessing. Since Your Lordship is absolute, You (Krsna) can adjust the contradiction of possessing nothing but at the same time being the richest"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear all-powerful son of Vasudeva (Krsna), Your statement that You have taken shelter within the water of the ocean, being afraid of all the great princes, is quite unsuitable, for my experience with You contradicts this"
- Sannyasis are meant for preaching only. That is the principle. But, contrary to the principle if things are being embezzled then how can I save them
- Siva lives as a poor man although his devotees appear very opulent, whereas Lord Krsna, or Lord Visnu, is always opulent and yet His devotees appear poverty-stricken, is a situation which appears contradictory and puzzling to a discriminating person
- System for adjusting two contradictory scriptures
- The combination of living entities in different modes of material nature is called crossbreeding. The faithless atheists do not believe in the existence of God, and thus their paths of philosophy are contradictory
- The dharma and adharma, they are two contradictory thought. But He is the source of dharma and adharma both. Janmady asya yatah. Adharma, which we hate, that is also coming from God
- The gopis have no inclination for their own enjoyment, and yet their joy increases. That is indeed a contradiction
- The hearts of those above common behavior are sometimes harder than a thunderbolt and sometimes softer than a flower. How can one accommodate such contradictions in great personalities
- The highest perfection of mystic power is called kamavasayita. This is also magic, but whereas the prakamya power acts to create wonderful effects within the scope of nature, kamavasayita permits one to contradict nature
- The idea that Lord Visnu is on the same level as the demigods is in contradiction to the sastras. The demigods are not supreme. The supremacy of the demigods is dependent on the mercy of Lord Narayana
- The Lord does appear before His devotee, for He is just like an affectionate father, who is more eager to see his son than the son is to see him. There is no contradiction in such a quantitative difference in affection
- The mind contains hundreds and thousands of impressions, not only of this life but also of many, many lives of the past. These impressions sometimes come in contact with one another and produce contradictory pictures
- The planet earth in the shape of a cow is accounting the contradictory acts of the Lord. Although He once saved the earth, He now wants to upset the earth, which is like a boat on water. No one can understand the activities of the Lord
- The presence of such contradictory feelings is called rasabhasa
- The sastras of the yavanas, or meat-eaters, are not eternal scriptures. They have been fashioned recently, and sometimes they contradict one another
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has some plan, and we should not consider such activities contradictory. The best course is to surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead wholeheartedly, and, being protected by Him, remain peaceful
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the reservoir of everything, including all knowledge, all truth and all contradictions
- The Vedic rules are supposed to be ordained by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, but apparently there are contradictions, and Uddhava was anxious to know how one could be freed from these contradictions
- There are many other instances of contradictory mellows where there is no perverted experience of rasabhasa
- There is a nice statement in the Kurma Purana about these contradictory traits of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- There is no contradiction. If there is son, there must be a father also. Without father, there cannot be son. So if you believe in the son, then you must believe in the father also. The father is Krsna
- These two contradictory facts astonished the Nagapatnis. They prayed, "O dear Lord, we are simply astonished to see that Kaliya is so fortunate as to have the dust of Your lotus feet on his head
- This challenging spirit of Krsna's is not contradictory to His sublime character because, as the Supreme Being, everything is possible in His character
- This contradictory treatment by Krsna is just befitting His position, because in all the Vedic literature He is described as the complete independent
- This is an instance of a contradictory mixture of ecstatic love for Krsna
- This is contradicted in the Ninth Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita, where Lord Krsna says that by pious activities one may be elevated to the heavenly planets
- To common sense the description in this verse appears to be somewhat contradictory because sometimes the sun has been described as the eyeball and sometimes as the outer space sphere. But there is no room for common sense in the injunctions of the sastras
- Today's so-called yoga practice, which involves various sense pleasures, is contradictory. A yogi indulging in sex and intoxication is a mockery
- We should not be astonished to find contradictions in the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Actually there are no contradictions. That is the meaning of His being supreme
- When noncontradictory symptoms of ecstatic love are distinctly manifest, any contradictory symptoms create a sense of abomination. Contradictory ecstatic love is called selfish
- When one comes to the Krishna Temple, he should try to understand krishna Consciousness. Actually, one who is advanced will not find any contradiction. The Christians teach love of Godhead, and we practically do it
- When Sankirtana is in a troubled area, do it very carefully. It is a good idea, but you must be very careful at the same time. It is not contradictory to our principles. Rather it is a great service