contaminate | contam | contaminate | contaminated | contaminates | contaminating | contamination | contaminations | contaminous
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 25 subcategories, out of 25 total.
- ► Free from Contamination (11 C, 101 P)
- ► Infection (6 C, 88 P)
- ► Material Contamination (16 C, 250 P)
- ► Not Contaminated (9 C, 42 P)
- ► Tainted (3 C, 17 P)
- ► Uncontaminated (8 C, 56 P)
Pages in category "Contamination"
The following 203 pages are in this category, out of 203 total.
- A pure devotee has none of the tinges of the above contaminations (becoming a religious man, a rich man, a first-class enjoyer or becoming God himself), which are the influence of material desires, impersonal speculations and attainment of mystic powers
- According to the injunction of Yajnavalkya, an authority on religious principles, one is considered contaminated by the reactions of great sinful activities when one has not been purified according to the methods of the dasa-vidha-samskara
- According to Vedic scripture, if someone dies in the family the whole family becomes contaminated for some time, according to its status
- After Krsna's disappearance, less intelligent people misunderstood Him. They became contaminated with the Mayavada philosophy, which produced so many mental speculators that people forgot the actual position of the Absolute Truth and the living entity
- After touching the ceiling above the door, you have touched the coconuts. Now they are no longer fit to be offered to Krsna because they are contaminated
- All his (Dhrtarastra's) senses were being engaged in the service of the Lord. This process directly helps the devotee to get freedom from the contaminations of the three material modes of nature
- Although ksatriyas are allowed to kill animals in hunting, they are not freed from the resultant contamination of sinful reactions
- Although Priyavrata Maharaja was completely freed from all material contamination, he ruled the material world just to honor the orders of his superiors
- And one who touches the body of the Deity, following such regulative principles, is immediately delivered from the contamination of material sins, and all of his desires become fulfilled without delay
- Anyone, therefore, who hears such narrations of the Lord’s pastimes is immediately freed from the contamination of material existence
- Arjuna accepted Krsna as the supermost pure. How you can approach the supermost pure without becoming yourself pure? So this is the steppingstone to become pure, because we are contaminated
- Arjuna said, "My lord, I promise that I shall give protection to your children, and if I am unable to do so, then I shall enter into blazing fire so that the sinful contamination which has infected me will be counteracted"
- As a fire can consume anything and everything without being contaminated, so, by the grace of the Lord, the fire of Brahma's greatness consumed his desire for the sinful act of sex with his daughter
- As far as fruitive activity is concerned, the contamination is the desire for elevation to a higher standard of life, and for speculative knowledge the contamination is the desire to merge into the existence of the Absolute Truth
- As in the medical field, the doctor injects a vaccination to prevent the growing of contamination, the practical injection to stop all the fructifications of the seeds of our sinful activities is simply engagement in Krsna consciousness
- As long as the liberated soul is in contact with the body, why don't the bodily activities affect him? Doesn't he actually become contaminated by the action and reaction of material activities?
- As long as the mind of the living entity is contaminated by the three modes of material nature (goodness, passion and ignorance), his mind is exactly like an independent, uncontrolled elephant
- Attachment to women is so contaminating that one becomes attached to the condition of material life not only by the association of women but by the contaminated association of persons who are too attached to them
- Bali Maharaja said: Persons like us, who are still attached to material enjoyment, who are contaminated by the modes of material nature & who lack the mercy of the SPG, cannot follow the supreme path of Prahlada Maharaja, the exalted devotee of the Lord
- Because human life is a combination of matter and spirit soul, the whole process of Vedic knowledge is directed at liberating the spirit soul from the contamination of matter. The knowledge concerning this is called atma-tattva
- Because such betrayals (betraying the confidence of a living entity who takes shelter of him in good faith) now go unpunished by the government, all of human society is terribly contaminated
- Because the mind is now contaminated, and under the creation of senses and sense activities, we are making millions and trillions of ideas and become entangled in that idea
- Being completely cleansed of all material desires, the devotees are freed from all mental contamination. Thus they can always think of the Lord constantly and address Him very feelingly
- Being influenced by contaminated intelligence, the living entity envisions something and simply imitates the actions and reactions of his intelligence
- Brahma said, "Since all Your (Krsna's) pastimes are spiritual, there is no possibility of their being contaminated by the material modes of nature"
- Brahma said, "You (Krsna) are realizable by persons who have cleansed their hearts of all contamination. This cleansing of the heart is made possible by chanting and hearing the glories of Your Lordship"
- But when the yogi engages himself with sincere endeavor in making further progress, being washed of all contaminations, then ultimately, after many, many births of practice, he attains the supreme goal. BG 6.45 - 1972
- By chanting (Hare Krsna maha-mantra) this movement, by the vibration, gradually one's heart, which is so contaminated that he is denying the existence of God, will be gradually simplified or clarified
- By chanting Hare Krishna one becomes purified immediately and by constant practice, there is no chance of being contaminated again
- By chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, one can become free from all contamination, especially contamination brought about by the killing of animals
- By hearing the narration of Prthu Maharaja, one can become great, increase his duration of life, gain promotion to the heavenly planets and counteract the contaminations of this age of Kali
- By his (Vidura's) pious activities in the devotional service of the Lord he was able to always remember the lotus feet of the Lord, and thus he became washed of all contamination of a sudra-born life
- By nature I am active. By nature, because I am spirit, and by nature I am active. And my activities are exhibited even I am contaminated with this matter. And when you become purified from matter, do you think you shall be silent?
- By nature I am lowborn. I am a contaminated reservoir of sinful activities. If You touch me, Sir, that will be a great offense on my part
- By practicing the process of pranayama, one can eradicate the contamination of his physiological condition, and by concentrating the mind one can become free from all sinful activities
- By the process of karma, jnana and yoga, no one will succeed in driving away contamination from the heart, but once a person takes to the shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord by devotional service, automatically all dirty things in the heart are removed
- By these processes, or any other true process, one must control the contaminated, unbridled mind, which is always attracted by material enjoyment, and thus fix himself in thought of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Conditional life is due to this contamination only, and as soon as it is cleared off, then naturally the dormant function of the living entity - rendering service to the Lord - awakens
- Contaminated brahmana
- Contamination by the material qualities is the cause of repeated birth and death, and liberation from material qualities is transcendence
- Despite being contaminated by all the bad qualities of this Kali-yuga, if one surrenders unto the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord will surely and certainly deliver him. The best example is Jagai and Madhai
- Due to his contaminated association with women, a living entity like King Puranjana eternally suffers all the pangs of material existence and remains in the dark region of material life, bereft of all remembrance for many, many years
- Especially in Calcutta, it has become a hellish life. The population, the younger generation, is so polluted, so contaminated, that you cannot safely walk in the street. Anywhere, the young boys they can encircle you and rob you
- Even after following such methods (pious atonement, speculative knowledge & meditation in mystic yoga) one takes to fruitive activities again, unable to control his mind, which is contaminated by the base qualities of nature, namely passion and ignorance
- Even ordinary devotees cannot have such pure attachment for Krsna. Therefore, how is it possible for success to be achieved by persons whose hearts are contaminated by the actions and reactions of fruitive activities
- Feelings of separation (from God) are also sources of transcendental bliss, and they are never comparable to contaminated material feelings of separation
- For a person who constantly and very eagerly hears narrations of the Lord's powerful activities, the Absolute Truth, the Personality of Godhead in the form of sound vibrations, enters within his heart and cleanses it of all contamination
- For example, if the family is brahmana their contamination period is 12 days, for the ksatriyas and vaisyas it is 15 days, and for sudras 30 days
- From the above verse it appears that the mayavadis or impersonalists are more or less contaminated. They are not pure
- His (the pure devotee's) so-called material body does not exist, being surcharged with the spiritual current of the Lord's identical interest, and thus he is permanently freed from all contaminations of the sum total of the mahat-tattva
- History reports that the Americans & Europeans proved their capability when they were anxious to expand colonization, but at the present time, being contaminated by the advancement of material science, their sons & grandsons are turning into reprobates
- However, due to the association of Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, all your contamination is now vanquished. When a person's heart is cleansed of all contamination, he is able to chant the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna
- I am spirit soul, part and parcel of the Supreme Lord. As soon as the mind is contaminated, I rebel, because I have got little independence. "Why shall I serve Krsna or God? I am God." It is simply a dictation from the mind
- I am very much ashamed of our bodily relationship, and I condemn myself because my body is contaminated by a relationship with a person who is an offender at the lotus feet of the greatest personality
- I have invested the GBC for maintaining the standard of our Krsna Consciousness Society, so keep the GBC very vigilant. I have already given you full directions in my books. Please counteract this contamination which has been spread throughout our Society
- I understand you have left and it is a thunderbolt for me. How is that?What are your demands? Or have you also been contaminated? Please tell me frankly. Where is your wife and child?
- If he (one) doesn't, if he degrades himself further, he is then called a mleccha or yavana. Kalayavana belonged to the class of mlecchas and yavanas. Contaminated by sinful activities, he could not approach Krsna
- If one hears and again narrates, with faith and devotion, this story of the Daksa yajna as it was conducted by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Visnu, then certainly one is cleared of all contamination of material existence, O son of Kuru
- If one is not a soul surrendered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he is understood to be contaminated. Thus a chaste woman is advised not to agree to serve such a husband
- If one mistakenly considers his position to be equal to that of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, he becomes contaminated by the doctrine of nonduality, and his efforts in transcendental life are rendered ineffective
- If the king of the state is an impious man, sinful man, that kingdom will never be happy. Bhrasta. Everything is spoiled. As much as in a family, if the housewife is not good - contaminated - then there is no good life in the family
- If they always meditate upon Sankarsana, the Lord enters the cores of their hearts, vanquishes all the dirty contamination of the material modes of nature, & cuts to pieces the hard knot within the heart, which has been tied tightly since time immemorial
- If we infect some choleric diarrhea, we'll suffer. Nature's law is. Therefore human being should be cautious not to infect. Just like educated man or civilized man, he is cautious not to infect some kind of contaminated disease
- In order to resume the activities of sacrifice, the brahmanas first arranged to purify the sacrificial arena of the contamination caused by the touch of Virabhadra and the other ghostly followers of Lord Siva
- In the material world one cannot have unadulterated happiness. Any kind of happiness one has is contaminated by distress also
- In this material world of conditional life, the fragmental portion of the Supreme Lord, the individual soul, is struggling due to his contaminated mind and consciousness
- It is not a material name under any condition, and it is no less powerful than Krsna Himself. Since Krsna's name is not contaminated by the material qualities, there is no question of its being involved with maya
- It is the instruction of Prahlada Maharaja also that if one is seeking peace of mind he should free himself from all contamination of family life and take shelter of the Supreme Godhead by going to the forest
- It is the opinion of Sadananda Yogindra that , when all-pervading knowledge is contaminated by the visuddha-sattva, which consists of a transformation of the quality of goodness, there arises the conception of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Knowledge perfect is there in every living entity, but it is contaminated by the contact of maya. So one who can understand the position of Krsna and himself, he's called mukta. Mukta means liberated
- Krsna consciousness is not artificially imposed upon the heart, it is already there. When one chants the holy name of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the heart is cleansed of all mundane contamination
- Krsna is both; He can deliver all sinful conditioned souls, and at the same time, He never does anything by which He can be contaminated
- Krtavarma was a devotee, but because of his intimate association with Kamsa, he was contaminated by sinful reactions, and he also joined the conspiracy
- Lord Caitanya has affirmed that this hearing is very important. It cleanses the heart of the contaminated soul so that he becomes quickly qualified to enter into devotional service and to understand Krsna consciousness
- Lord Caitanya has recommended constant chanting of the name of the Lord for protection from all contamination of the material world
- Lord Caitanya said to Amogha - "Why have you allowed the candala of jealousy to sit here also? In this way you have contaminated a most purified place, your heart."
- Lord Parasurama is visnu-tattva. As stated in the Isopanisad, visnu-tattva cannot be contaminated by any sinful activity
- Maharaja Anga was very pure because of the purification of semen in the family of Maharaja Dhruva. However, his semen became contaminated in association with his wife, Sunitha, who happened to be the daughter of death personified
- Maharaja Anga's semen became contaminated in association with his wife, Sunitha, who happened to be the daughter of death personified. Because of this polluted semen, King Vena was produced. This was a catastrophe in the family of Dhruva Maharaja
- Mahatma Gandhi was a great advocate of Bhagavad-gita, and when he was alive I requested him to preach but I did not receive any favorable reply from him, because he was too much politically contaminated
- Many people go to holy places and leave their sinful activities there, thus becoming free from contamination. When these contaminations pile up, they are counteracted by the visit of great personalities like Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Mental existence transforms into tangible form as soon as there is an opportunity due to contamination or development of the gross elements from subtle form
- My dear Vidura, I have summarily explained the causes of devastation. One who hears this description three times attains piety and washes the sinful contamination from his soul
- Nalakuvara & Manigriva said: You are the supreme director of all activities of all living entities. Although You are in the midst of everything which is under the spell of the material modes of nature, You are not affected by such contaminated qualities
- Never eat leftover food, never eat prasada offered to the goddess Kali (Durga), and do not eat anything contaminated by flesh or fish
- O hero (Vidura), Diti, being thus afflicted by the contamination of lust, and therefore poor and talkative, was pacified by the son of Marici in suitable words
- O King, when such a mystic passes over the Milky Way by the illuminating Susumna to reach the highest planet, Brahmaloka, he goes first to Vaisvanara, the planet of the deity of fire, wherein he becomes completely cleansed of all contaminations
- O supreme one, the transcendental form I am now seeing is full of transcendental bliss. It is not contaminated by the external energy. It is full of effulgence. My Lord, there is no better understanding of You than this
- On the other hand, although bathing in the Ganges diminishes bodily contaminations and infections, this process and the process of visiting holy places can cleanse the heart only after a long time
- On the other hand, those who are not devotees but are engaged in uncertain processes of self-realization, such as jnana, yoga and karma, are understood to be still contaminated
- One after another, Deity worship should be practiced by everyone. That cleanses the contaminated body very nicely
- One may be initiated and yet contaminated by the Mayavada philosophy, but a person who chants the holy name of the Lord offenselessly will not be so contaminated
- One must become blessed by the dust of the lotus feet of a pure devotee who is completely freed from the contamination of material desires
- One must not desire material profit when rendering devotional service. Even if one follows all the sixty-four regulative principles, he cannot attain pure devotional service with a contaminated heart
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as jiva-himsa (envy of other living entities)
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as kama (desire for material gain)
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as kuti-nati (faultfinding)
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as nisiddhacara (accepting things forbidden in the sastra)
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as pratisthasa (the desire for name and fame and for high position)
- One often thinks of conducting business to improve devotional activity. But the contamination is so strong that it may later develop into misunderstanding, described as puja (hankering for popularity)
- One should hear about Krsna as He is by hearing from the Bhagavad-gita or Srimad-Bhagavatam, and in this way one's mind will gradually be cleansed of all contaminated things
- One should not avoid bowing down before the Deity. 4) One should not enter the temple to worship the Lord without having washed his hands and feet after eating. 5) One should not enter the temple in a contaminated state
- One should not consider the Supreme Lord an ordinary human being. Material names and forms are contaminated, but spiritual name and spiritual form are transcendental
- One who engages in Your (Krsna's) devotional service by hearing, chanting & remembering certainly becomes purified from the contamination of the modes of material nature & what to speak of those who have the opportunity to see You & touch You directly
- One who has controlled the sitting postures and the breathing process can turn the senses toward the Absolute P of G and thus become immune to the contaminations of the modes of material nature, namely mundane goodness, passion and ignorance
- One who is equal to friends and enemies, who is equiposed in honor & dishonor, heat & cold, happiness and distress, fame and infamy, who is always free from contamination, always silent and satisfied with anything, is very dear to Me. BG 12.18-19 - 1972
- One who wants to be free of material entanglement should take to the service of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and give up the contamination of ignorance, involving pious and impious activities
- One's material body, being a gift of the Lord for carrying out a particular type of action, can be engaged in Krsna consciousness. It is then beyond contamination by sinful reactions, exactly as the lotus leaf, though remaining in the water, is not wet
- Ordinary ritualistic activities constitute contaminated religion, by which one benefits by developing material wealth and prosperity, but uncontaminated, pure religion consists of understanding one's relationship with God and acting accordingly
- Persons affected with the contaminations of the above four principles (dharma, artha, kama and moksa) cannot at once accept the lotus feet of the Lord in the spiritual sky. The Vaikuntha world is situated far beyond the material sky
- Persons who have taken to the path of self-realization must therefore be very careful to avoid contamination by the influence of maya. Srila Rupa Gosvami says that a devotee should be completely free from all sorts of material desires
- Pious activities may purify one of the contamination caused by ignorance and passion
- Places of pilgrimage are always infected by the sins left by the sinners who go there, but when a personality like Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu visits such a place, all contaminations vanish
- Public leaders may be less qualified in academic qualifications, but it is necessary primarily that they be free from the contamination of the four disqualifications, namely gambling, drinking, prostitution and animal slaughter
- Regarding persons attached to the impersonal Brahman, Srimad-Bhagavatam says, "My dear Lord, those who think of themselves as liberated by mental speculation are not yet purified of the contamination of material nature"
- Rukmini continued, "Their (Krsna's devotees) aim of life remains a mystery to the common human being; the lowest of mankind can know neither You nor Your servants. A contaminated human being cannot even imagine the pastimes of You and Your devotees"
- Rupa Gosvami said, "Because the Mayavadis do not know that everything has a utilization for the service of the Lord, they take the world to be false and falsely think they are liberated from the contamination of the material world"
- Sages said, "By the process of enjoying the senses of the material body, the spirit soul is covered, and his consciousness becomes materially contaminated. It is due to material consciousness that one cannot understand the SP of Godhead, Krsna"
- Sattva means my existence. At the present moment my existence is not suddha, purified. Just like if your health is contaminated, then you get some disease
- Saunaka Rsi, told Suta Gosvami, "Although as human beings we are contaminated with so many taints of material existence, simply by our conversing with you about the Supreme Personality of Godhead we are now gradually decrying our desire for liberation"
- Senses require engagements, and when the senses are engaged totally in the transcendental loving service of the Lord, they have no chance to become contaminated by material infections
- Simply because of hearing this narration, they gain a reputation as devotees, they are unaffected by the contamination of Kali-yuga, and they never see bad dreams
- Simply thinking that "I am now spiritually realized; I am the Supreme," this is not pure. So Lord Caitanya says, vastutah buddhi 'suddha' nahe: "That sort of conception is not purified intelligence. That is still contaminated intelligence"
- Since they find duality in the existence of Vaikuntha life, they are contaminated and should be removed from this place to the material world, where the living entities have three kinds of enemies
- So this consciousness, though lying dormant in those who are materially contaminated, is found in every living entity. And, when purified, this is called Krsna consciousness
- So-called Vaisnavas who take everything very casually, are both visayis, or materialists. Eating food offered by them causes contamination, and as a result of such contamination, even a serious devotee becomes like a materialistic man
- Spiritual life means pure life, and material life means contaminated life. Just like we have got this body, material body. This is impure body. Therefore we suffer from disease, we suffer from old age, we suffer from birth, we suffer from death
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu then said, "There may be much milk in a big pot, but if it is contaminated by a drop of liquor, it is untouchable"
- Srila Narottama dasa Thakura has sung in a celebrated song, visaya chadiya kabe suddha habe mana: "When my mind will be purified after leaving the contamination of material sense enjoyment, I shall be able to visit Vrndavana"
- Such a manifestation of divine love is mere imitation and has no value. When one is actually spontaneously attracted to the loving principles of the gopis, there will be found no trace of any mundane contamination in his character
- Such contaminated persons, although apparently advanced in self-realization, cannot even liberate themselves, what to speak of those who follow them
- Sukadeva Gosvami concludes that the great sages and devotees, who are washed clean of all conditioned life, can move freely even within the contamination of material nature by keeping Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, within their hearts
- Surfer. I call "sufferer, Sea-sufferer." Sea-surfer, it is practical, because we are creating a situation by which we shall become a fish. Yes. Contamination. Just like if you purposely contaminate some disease, you must suffer from that disease
- That is why in our Vedic civilization to follow the principles of varnasrama-dharma is the preliminary duty of human form of life. And one who does not understand varnasrama-dharma and does not strive for it, he remains contaminated
- That sort of bhakti is not the perfectional stage. The perfectional stage of bhakti, or devotional service, is completely free from material contamination. The most dangerous aspect of contamination is lust, or sex life
- The aim of life is to become free from all the contaminations, even sattva-guna contamination. This has been explained in the Bhagavad-gita very nicely in the Fourteenth Chapter, how to become not contaminated, disinfected
- The cloud and air are different substances. Similarly consciousness is pure spiritual, but when the consciousness desires to enjoy matter, it becomes cloudy and dusty, or contaminated
- The conclusion is, rather, that the senses, mind and intelligence in the gross stage of contamination cannot appreciate the nature of the Absolute Truth, but when purified, the senses, mind and intelligence can understand what the Absolute Truth is
- The conclusion is, therefore, that even when the living entities become free from all contamination of material conditions and merge into the spiritual kingdom, their individual tastes in relationship with the Supreme Lord continue to exist
- The contamination in the heart of a conditioned soul is like a huge accumulation of garbage created by the three modes of material nature
- The diseased condition in which he cannot understand his eternal relationship with Krsna is the contaminated stage, or maya. Since the gopis are on the platform of pure transcendental knowledge, their minds are always filled with Krsna consciousness
- The essential point is that the mind, which is contaminated by material attraction, has to be bridled and concentrated on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. It cannot be fixed on something void or impersonal
- The first of Krsna's eight transcendental qualities is that He is always untouched by the contamination of material existence. This is mentioned in the Isopanisad: apapa-viddham
- The living entity has nothing to do with the next body he accepts. He is always free from the contact of this bodily contamination
- The living entity is contaminated and suffering because he has a material body, but that does not mean that because the Lord is also with him, He also has a I material body
- The living entity is put into ignorance and thus into different conditions of bondage because of being contaminated by the material energy
- The Lord says that anyone who executes devotional service systematically without deviation can attain the perfection of Brahman by surpassing the contamination of the three modes of material nature
- The material color of the mind is changed when one washes it from contaminations of life-breathing and thereby frees it from the contamination of repeated births and deaths and situates it in pure spiritual life
- The material world is so contaminated that even in Vrndavana the asuras, or demons, tried to disturb the peaceful situation
- The Mayavadi philosophers, they say that so long we are contaminated in the maya, we can adopt any means of self-realization, and after self-realization, when we become liberated, we become one with the Supreme and there is no more any work
- The Mayavadis, or monists, think that they themselves are Krsna, and if one thinks that he himself has become Nanda Maharaja, then his parental love will become contaminated with the Mayavada philosophy
- The most dangerous aspect of contamination is lust, or sex life
- The personified Vedas continued to pray, "Thus they (Intelligent persons) are immediately freed from the contamination of the material qualities; they do not have to undergo severe penances and austerities for advancement in spiritual life"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Despite all endeavors to attain perfection, such yogis, contaminated by desires for sense gratification, will continue to suffer in this life and the next"
- The personified Vedas continued, "Mystic yogis who still have contaminated desires for sense gratification are never successful in their attempt, nor can they realize the Supersoul within the individual self"
- The sages said, "After killing Balvala, You (Balarama) may continue touring all the sacred places of pilgrimage for twelve months, and in that way You will be completely freed from all contamination. That is our prescription"
- The sages said, "The demon (Balvala) occasionally comes here and profusely throws upon us contaminated, impure things like pus, blood, stool, urine and wine; he pollutes this sacred place by showering such filth upon us"
- The servants were so careful that a male could not even see what was going on there, & so they were surprised that she (Usa) had become contaminated. Since they could not trace out the reason for it, they submitted the whole situation before their master
- The sun can absorb water from a urinal or from stool, and the sun is not polluted; rather, due to the influence of the sunshine, the polluted, contaminated place becomes disinfected and sterilized
- The transcendental stage is called suddha-sattva. Sattva-guna is goodness, and the platform where the other qualities cannot contaminate even the quality of goodness, that is the stage of devotion
- The worship of the Deity in the temple is essential to reduce one’s restlessness due to the contaminations of conditioned life
- The worshipers of different demigods are certainly purified of the contamination of the lower qualities of nature and are thereby elevated to the higher planetary systems or heavenly planets known as Maharloka, Janaloka, Tapoloka, etc
- Therefore let us consider how these two contaminated persons should be punished. The punishment should be apt, for thus benefit can eventually be bestowed upon them
- Therefore, my dear Lord, simply seeing You has now wiped away all the contamination of sinful activities and their results of material attachment and lusty desires, which always filled my mind and the core of my heart
- They (contaminated persons) cannot understand that the Vedas deal with activities of the material modes of nature - goodness, passion and ignorance
- This doubtfulness (of the personality of religion) was due to the contamination of both Kali and the material energy. The whole atmosphere of the age of Kali is magnified by the deluding energy, and the proportion of measurement is inexplicable
- This initiation is the beginning of cleaning the contamination. Therefore this mantra suggests, apavitrah pavitrah va: either you be contaminated or not contaminated. When one is not contaminated, he's relishing this Hare Krsna mantra
- This is authority, that nasta-sadacaro dasyah samsarga-dusitah. As soon as there will be contamination of illicit sex life, he will be bereft of all good character, this basic principle. And the whole world is now encouraged in that way
- This is called visuddha-sat-tva, the platform of pure goodness, or goodness free from contamination by the qualities of passion and ignorance
- This world is just like blazing forest fire; so everyone is suffering, contaminated. This is the sign, symptoms of contamination, that suffering, threefold miseries-adhyatmika, adhibhautika, adhidaivika
- Thus I have narrated Lord Caitanya's mercy upon Sanatana Gosvami. When one hears these topics, one's heart will be cleansed of all contamination
- To become nirguna means to achieve eternal peace, fearlessness, religiousness, knowledge and renunciation. All these are symptoms of becoming free from the contamination of the material qualities
- To save a surrendered soul from repeated birth and death, the Lord purifies him of contamination by offering him a little distress
- Transcendental literatures, missionaries and representatives of the Lord are spotlessly white because the contamination of the material qualities cannot even touch them
- We are also eternal. But why this birth and death? This birth and death due to my, this material body. So as soon as we get our original spiritual body and get out of the contamination of this material body, then we shall be as good as Krsna
- We are contaminating ourself with different laws of material nature, and according to that law, we have to accept the body. The material laws are not under your control; you are under the control of material laws
- We cannot expect him (the sadhu) to give us instructions on how to improve our material condition, but he will give us instructions on how to cut the knot of the contamination of material attraction and how to elevate ourselves in devotional service
- We have got experience that if we infect some disease, contaminous disease, then we must suffer from that disease. So it is not God's creation that somebody is suffering from some painful condition and somebody is enjoying. No
- We shall all wait here until the foremost devotee of the Lord, Maharaja Pariksit, returns to the supreme planet, which is completely free from all mundane contamination and all kinds of lamentation
- Well, business-minded is not bad, but contamination is bad. If I chant Hare Krsna and do business, what is the harm? Where is wrong?
- What, then, is the ultimate truth? The answer is that nondual knowledge is the ultimate truth. It is devoid of the contamination of material qualities. It gives us liberation. It is the one without a second, all-pervading and beyond imagination
- When a man or woman is afflicted by the lust of sex desire, it is to be understood as sinful contamination
- When a person gradually progresses from materialistic perception to spiritual perception, he can clearly understand how trivial are his mundane desires, feelings, dislikes, and so on which were so long contaminated by ignorance
- When a person has passed completely from all contamination of material existence, he relishes a transcendental bliss of being established in trance. But as soon as I saw You, the original Personality of Godhead, I experienced the same bliss
- When one accepts an invitation from a person contaminated by the material mode of passion, the person who offers the food and the person who accepts it are both mentally contaminated.
- When one eats food offered by a materialistic man, one's mind becomes contaminated, and when the mind is contaminated, one is unable to think of Krsna properly
- When one's consciousness is completely purified of the contamination of material existence, without being agitated as in the working and dreaming states, and when the mind is not dissolved as in susupti, deep sleep, one comes to the platform of trance
- When our energy is utilized in that way (in Krsna's service), our energy is purified from the contamination of material inebrieties, and thus we become fit for our original natural life of service to the Lord
- When the contaminated food was offered to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, a very large bird appeared on the spot, picked up the plate in its beak and flew away
- When the yogi engages himself with sincere endeavor in making further progress, being washed of all contaminations, then ultimately, achieving perfection after many, many births of practice, he attains the supreme goal
- Why have you allowed the candala of jealousy to sit here also? In this way you have contaminated a most purified place, your heart
- Within the river Yamuna there was a great lake, and in that lake the black serpent Kaliya used to live. Because of his poison, the whole area was so contaminated that it emanated a poisonous vapor twenty-four hours a day
- You (Visnudutas) are sinless, but those within this material world are all karmis, whether acting piously or impiously. Both kinds of action are possible for them because they are contaminated by the three modes of nature and must act accordingly
- You do not be disappointed by the activities of some envious person. Nirmatsara. Anyone who is contaminated by envy, he cannot become Vaisnava
- You have composed this introductory verse to your great satisfaction, but the meaning you have expressed is contaminated by offenses to both Lord Jagannatha and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu