Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
compose | composed | composer | composers | composes | composing | composite | composition | compositions | compositor | compositors
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "Composed"
The following 150 pages are in this category, out of 150 total.
- A person who acts whimsically falls down due to false prestige. Thus he becomes involved in the laws of nature, which are composed of the three qualities (goodness, passion and ignorance)
- A speech should be composed of selected words, very sweet to hear and appropriate to the situation. Such speech is called meaningful
- According to one's mental composition, one can understand what the living entity was in his past life as well as what kind of body he will have in the future
- According to the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika the three brothers, Govinda, Madhava and Vasudeva Ghosa were formerly Kalavati, Rasollasa and Gunatunga, who recited the songs composed by Sri Visakha-gopi
- According to the rules of rhetorical arrangement for efficient composition in literature, a subject should be mentioned before its predicate
- Actually both Rupa Gosvami and Ramananda Raya were scholarly experts in composing poetry and presenting it strictly according to the Sahitya-darpana and other Vedic literatures
- After composing this verse and putting it on the roof of his house, Srila Rupa Gosvami went to bathe in the sea. In the meantime, Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to his hut to meet him
- After composing this verse, Rupa Gosvami wrote it on a palm leaf and put it on the roof of the thatched house in which he was living
- All the gopis in Vrndavana saw beautiful Krsna entering the village. The boys composed nice songs describing how they were saved from being swallowed by the great serpent (Aghasura) and how the serpent was killed
- Although all these great scriptures are on the same absolute level, for the sake of comparative study the Caitanya-caritamrta is considered to be on the highest platform. Every verse in it is perfectly composed
- Although the meaning of the verse was known only to Svarupa Damodara, Rupa Gosvami, after hearing it from Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, immediately composed another verse that described the meaning of the original verse
- Arundhati and Syama Dasi shall be in charge of composing at least four hours alternately. In this way, the machine should be used from 7:00 in the morning till 10:00 at night
- As the individual body of the living entity is composed of millions of cells, germs and microbes, the universal body of the Supreme Lord similarly contains all the individual bodies of the living entities
- At this time, Raghunatha dasa approached Sri Nityananda Prabhu and, according to His order, prepared a feast and distributed prasadam composed of chipped rice and curd
- Bearing his stringed instrument, the tumburu, on his shoulders, the great sage Narada Muni always glorifies Lord Ananta. Narada Muni has composed many transcendental verses in praise of the Lord
- Beautiful woman is simply a lump of matter composed of blood, stool, urine and similar other disgusting ingredients. This is the actual fact, but in a state of illusion, man becomes attracted by illusory beauty and becomes a victim of maya
- Besides Srimad-Bhagavatam, there are commentaries on the Vedanta-sutra composed by all the major Vaisnava acaryas, and in each of them devotional service to the Lord is described very explicitly
- Bhagavan Acarya submitted to Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, "A good brahmana has prepared a drama about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu that appears exceptionally well composed"
- Brahma has knowledge of those historical facts (the histories of the universe), and therefore all the puranas are histories. As originally composed by Brahma, they are part of the Vedas and are called the fifth Veda
- By researching into the origin of life, important scientists are finding some chemical compositions or cellular combinations, but actually no one knows the original source of life within this material world
- By the mercy of the Lord even a layman can compose prayers of the highest spiritual perfection. Such spiritual perfection is not limited by material qualifications but is developed by dint of one's sincere endeavor to render transcendental service
- Damodara Gosvami said, "Krsna is the master of all transcendental mellows and the taster of all transcendental mellows, and His body is composed of transcendental bliss"
- Dr. Lal Mohan Gosal, he has very minutely analyzed the cow dung and he has found that cow dung is a composition of all antiseptic properties. So similarly, he has also analyzed the water of the Ganges out of curiosity
- During Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's time, one party was composed of twenty-one men: four people playing mrdangas, one leading the chanting, and sixteen others striking karatalas, responding to the leading chanter
- For composing I think Rayarama has not given you the right time. It must be ready within one and a half months after the machine is there. By rough calculation, one can compose at least 10 pages per day, so for 400 pages it takes utmost 40-45 days
- Formerly I wrote the two dramas as one composition. Now I shall divide it and describe the incidents in two separate works
- Gaudiya Vaisnavas perceive the ultimate objective in Vedic hymns composed of eighteen transcendental letters that adore Krsna as Madana-mohana, Govinda and Gopijana-vallabha
- Gopis said, "My dear friends, just see the clever activities of Sri Krsna! He has composed nice songs about the cowherd boys and is pleasing the cows"
- Govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami. These verses, Brahma-samhita, it was composed by Lord Brahma. Therefore in the Vedic literature this is called Samhita. Samhita means part of the Vedic literature
- I beg to thank you very much for your letter dated 8th August, 1971 as well as your Vyasa Puja offering, so nicely composed. I am sending it off to Satsvarupa for future publication
- I have written one letter to Pradyumna and Arundhati regarding composing my books, so I am very anxiously awaiting the reply. Please inform them about this and let me know what is the situation there
- I request you to simply translate into the French language our Back To Godhead and send the matters to Jaya Govinda for composing. In due course of time you will get the magazines, by selling which you try to pay part of the composing machine
- I suggested that a little chemical composition may be made by the scientists with some yellow color, and why not put this artificial egg in an incubator and get more and more chickens
- I understand that you have quickly learned how to operate the Composer machine, and I am anxious to learn how things are progressing in this connection. Have you begun yet to compose Nectar of Devotion?
- If I am realized then this material composition of this body is disbursed and I am the spirit soul, small particle, I am immediately promoted to the spiritual sky. That is the highest perfection
- If someone wrote a book or composed verses and songs and wanted to recite them before Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, Svarupa Damodara would first examine them and then correctly present them. Only then would Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu agree to listen
- In our temple, strictly Hare Krishna chanting should be given more importance. This is no harm in this mantra you have heard, but it is not very important. There are many such common songs composed by common devotees out of sentiment
- In the meantime, you must have the machine and begin immediately composing. If credit reference is required, Hayagriva will give. I have already talked with him about this. So do it immediately
- In this regard, Srila Sridhara Svami has composed a verse which conveys the idea that the supreme source of everything, the S P of God, is so great & unlimited that it is not possible for the living entity to understand Him by any material acquisition
- In Vrndavana, Rupa Gosvami began to write a drama. In particular, he composed the introductory verses to invoke good fortune
- It is calculated that he (Vidyapati) composed his songs during the reign of King Sivasimha and Queen Lachimadevi, in the beginning of the fourteenth century of the Saka Era, almost one hundred years before the appearance of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It so happened that Nimai Pandita met Kesava Kasmiri while strolling on the banks of the Ganges. The Lord requested him to compose a Sanskrit verse in praise of the Ganges, and the pandita within a short time composed a hundred slokas
- Jagadananda and Damodara then returned to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, bringing Him both the prasadam and the palm leaf on which the verses were composed
- Jarasandha returned to his kingdom, and Mathura City was saved from the danger of imminent attack. The citizens of Mathura organized the combined services of professional singers like sutas and magadhas, along with poets who could compose nice songs
- Krsna and Balarama learned the art of cutting valuable stones such as diamonds, and They also learned the art of questioning and answering by immediately composing poetry within the mind
- Krsna is the original source of everything and the sum total of everything. He appears as the supreme youth, and His whole body is composed of spiritual bliss. He is the shelter of everything and master of everyone
- Krsna said, "It is always of the same physical composition, whether in its beginning, during its existence or after its annihilation"
- Krsna said, "The earthen pot is made of earth, water, fire, air and sky, while it remains it is the same in composition, & when it is broken and annihilated its different ingredients are conserved in different parts of the material energy"
- Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is identical with the Vedic hymn known as the Kama-gayatri, which is composed of twenty-four and a half syllables. Those syllables are compared to moons that arise in Krsna
- Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami has composed this Sanskrit verse for the beginning of his book (Sri Caitanya-caritamrta), and now he will explain it in detail. He offers his respectful obeisances to the six principles of the Absolute Truth
- Maharaja Prthu's words, which were nicely composed in highly metaphorical ornamental language, were pleasing to hear and were not only mellow but also very clearly understandable and without doubt or ambiguity
- Many sages, including Sankaracarya, have composed prayers in praise of the Ganges, and the land of India itself has become glorious because such rivers as the Ganges, Yamuna, Godavari, Kaveri, Krsna and Narmada flow there
- Material world is composed of five principal elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether - and all such elements are emanations from Krsna
- My final decision is that the universe is just like a tree, with root upwards. Just as a tree has branches and leaves so the universe is also composed of planets which are fixed up in the tree like the leaves, flowers, fruits, etc. of the tree
- My only request to you all is that the two tapes, regularly sent every day must be finished being transcribed, edited, composed, layed out and printed all in one week. In this way two tapes daily must be ready for printing. Then it will be nice
- Narada advises Sri Vyasadeva to compose transcendental literature which is not only attractive but can also actually bring liberation from all kinds of bondage
- Narada Muni, the son of Lord Brahma, always glorifies Anantadeva in his father's assembly. There he sings blissful verses of his own composition, accompanied by his stringed instrument (or a celestial singer) known as Tumburu
- Once an ordinary female devotee addressed Krsna, "My dear boy, I know that my body is just a composition of flesh and blood and can never be enjoyable to You"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, your son is very expert among the cowherd boys. He knows all the different arts of how to tend the cows & how to play the flute. He composes His own songs, & to play them He puts His flute to His mouth"
- One of the gopis said, "May Krsna's sweet flute be washed away by the waves of the Yamuna, and let it fall into the ocean! The sweet sound of that flute is so impudent that it makes us lose all composure before our superiors"
- Out of the hundred celebrated slokas composed by the Bhattacarya in praise of the Lord (Caitanya), the following two are most important, and these two slokas explain the mission of the Lord in gist
- Regarding authorized songs, you may inform George that authorized songs means the songs which were sung or composed by self-realized Acaryas
- Regarding the Composer machine, there will be no difficulty in transferring the money to the Iskcon Press account. But in Columbus they are already so negotiating for a similar IBM Composer, so let me see what is their terms here
- Rupa Gosvami composed his verse in such a way that he was seemingly praising the material association of friendship, love, etc., and was condemning the audience of Sri Murti or Govinda
- Rupa Gosvami stated that Srila Ramananda Raya was a greatly learned scholar of bona fide dramatic composition
- Rupa Gosvami, however, could understand the intention of the Lord, and thus he composed another verse that appealed to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya composed a hundred verses in appreciation of the Lord's activities, and that those verses were so great that they could not be surpassed even by Brhaspati, the greatest learned scholar in the heavenly planets
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya composed one hundred verses in a very short time. Indeed, not even Brhaspati, the priest of the heavenly planets, could compose verses as quickly
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya then composed two verses on the leaf of a palm tree. Giving the palm leaf to Jagadananda Prabhu, the Bhattacarya requested him to deliver it to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- Saying this, Ramananda Raya began to sing a song he had composed, but Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, out of the ecstasy of love of Godhead, immediately covered Ramananda's mouth with His own hand
- She then covers Her breasts with another garment, composed of affection and anger toward Krsna
- Since the entire material universe is composed of five elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether - why should there be living entities on one planet and not others? Such a foolish version can never be accepted by Vedic students
- Some follow the smrti-sastra composed of twenty religious scriptures, and others follow the Puranas and the tantra-sastra. In this way there are many different types of philosophers
- Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, "I worship the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is always manifested as reality even within this material world, which is considered by some to be false"
- Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, "My dear Lord, to be engaged always in thinking of Your lotus feet is very difficult"
- Sridhara Svami, the great commentator on Srimad-Bhagavatam, has composed a nice verse in this regard, the meaning of which is as follows
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments that the word siddha-deha, "perfected spiritual body," refers to a body beyond the material gross body composed of five elements and the subtle astral body composed of mind, intelligence and false ego
- Srila Jiva Gosvami composed and edited at least twenty-five books
- Srila Ramananda Raya has taken these two girls to a solitary place in his garden, where he is teaching and directing them to dance according to the songs he has composed for his drama
- Srila Rupa Gosvami composed three prayers with the title Caitanyastaka. The verse next quoted is text 7 from the first of the Caitanyastaka prayers, which are included in the book Stava-mala
- Srila Rupa Gosvami could compose verses according to the desires of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, and by His direction he wrote two books named Lalita-madhava and Vidagdha-madhava
- Srila Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, "Let others engage in severe austerities, let others fall to the land from the tops of hills and give up their lives"
- Srila Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, which states, "My dear Lord, let others engage in false argument and dry speculation, theorizing upon great philosophical theses"
- Srila Vyasadeva compiled the Vedanta-sutra, and in order to protect it from unauthorized commentaries, he personally composed Srimad-Bhagavatam on the instruction of his spiritual master, Narada Muni, as the original commentary on the Vedanta-sutra
- Sripada Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, "Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who has no material senses but through whose direction and will all the material senses are working"
- Sripada Sridhara Svami has composed a nice verse in this regard, the meaning of which is as follows, "My dear Lord, I am a living entity perpetually disturbed by the conditions of material existence"
- Such transcendental literatures, even though imperfectly composed, are heard, sung and accepted by purified men who are thoroughly honest
- Svarupa Damodara replied for Srila Rupa Gosvami, "He wanted to compose a drama about the pastimes of Lord Krsna. He planned to describe in one book both the pastimes of Vrndavana and those of Dvaraka and Mathura"
- Svarupa Damodara said, "As soon as I saw the unique composition of this verse, I could immediately understand that You had bestowed upon him Your special mercy"
- Thakura Vrndavana dasa has composed Sri Caitanya-mangala. Hearing this book annihilates all misfortune
- The body itself is composed of inferior nature, matter, but it is the superior nature that is moving the body. The symptom of that superior nature is consciousness
- The brahmana community there was composed of pure devotees. They regularly studied a book entitled Krsna-karnamrta, which was composed by Bilvamangala Thakura
- The composition which you have sent me, although it is incomplete, it appears to be nice. I do not find any mistake in the composition, but sometimes you have spelled Chaitanya as Chaitanya, and sometimes you have spelled it Caitanya
- The external energy, composed of pradhana or prakrti as the ingredient-supplying portion and maya as the causal portion, is known as maya-sakti
- The first thing is that I am very much anxious for Hindi BTG composition. It must done immediately, otherwise how you can get it from Japan?
- The first two lines of the song Haraye Namah Krsna were sung by Lord Caitanya and His followers, but the other lines of song were composed later on by Srila Narottama Das Thakura
- The Kali-santarana Upanisad states, "Hare Krsna, Hare Krsna, Krsna Krsna, Hare Hare/ Hare Rama, Hare Rama, Rama Rama, Hare Hare - these sixteen names composed of thirty-two syllables are the only means to counteract the evil effects of Kali-yuga
- The Kama-gayatri mantra is just like a Vedic hymn, but it is the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. There is no difference between the Kama-gayatri and Krsna. Both are composed of twenty-four and a half transcendental syllables
- The laborer, the worker in the factory, all of them are sudras, and the capitalist of the industry they are vaisyas, so the whole population is now composed of vaisyas and sudras, which means the quality of passion and ignorance is now prominent
- The living entities have the same qualities as the Lord, just as a drop of sea water is composed of the same chemicals as the great sea itself
- The living soul is not destroyed after the destruction of this body. Therefore he remains, and his finer dress, subtle dress, is there - mind, intelligence, and ego. So according to the composition of his mind, he develops another gross dress
- The Lord may appear in any of His many, many spiritual forms, but He is not materially composed, nor has He any difference between body and self. That is the way of conceiving the spiritual form of the Lord
- The material body is composed of five gross elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether - and three subtle elements - mind, intelligence and ego
- The material cosmos is composed of twenty-four elements: the five gross material elements, the three subtle material elements, the five knowledge-acquiring senses, the five active senses, the five objects of sense pleasure, and the mahat-tattva
- The potency that overcomes the Supreme must be purely spiritual. Such a potency cannot be anything of the material manifestation. The bliss enjoyed by the Supreme Personality of Godhead cannot be of material composition
- The prefix "nih" may be used for a sense of ascertainment, gradation, construction or forbidding. The word "grantha" means "riches," "thesis" and "composition"
- The process for composing the books should be in the same way as I have suggested for painting of the pictures
- The result of understanding these signs is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science. They also learned the art of composing matrka
- The six Gosvamis also taught worship of Krsna in the feeling of the gopis in separation. The prayers composed by Srinivasacarya about the Gosvamis explain these matters very clearly
- The subtle mental body, which is also material and composed of false ego and intelligence, likewise vanishes when the soul is liberated
- The Supreme Lord has a body with form, but that body is not composed of material elements. It is made of spiritual bliss, eternity and living force
- The Upadesamrta can be composed in the Bhagavatam format in the size of the pocket NOD
- The Vedas are composed of karma-kanda, jnana-kanda and upasana-kanda
- The Vedic literatures composed by the omniscient Mahamuni Vyasadeva are evidence of all spiritual existence. Only through these revealed scriptures can all conditioned souls attain knowledge
- The whole instruction to Arjuna is that Arjuna wanted to satisfy his senses, his senses. He wanted that, that by not fighting with the opposite party, who were composed of his relatives, brothers and brother-in-laws and father-in-laws
- Their (the varied expansions of the Personality of Godhead) bodies, composed of eternity, bliss and knowledge, are everlasting; there is no chance of their decaying, for they are not creations of the material world
- There are twenty kinds of dharma-sastra composed by Manu, Parasara and others. They are very difficult. All of them are meant for counteracting our sinful life
- There is a popular picture of goddess Kali in which she wears a garland composed of the heads of the asuras and holds in her left hand a captured head and in her right hand a great khadga, or chopper, for killing asuras
- These sankhya-yogi philosophers, they may analyze very critically. Even they can count the atoms which is composing this whole material atmosphere. But that does not mean you have understood the original force which has created all these things
- These two verses composed by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya will always declare his name and fame as loudly as a pounding drum, for they have become pearl necklaces around the necks of all devotees
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of composing matrka. A matrka is like a crossword box, with three numbers in each row. If one adds any three from any side, it will come to nine. The matrkas are of different kinds and for different purposes
- This Composer Machine is a vital part of our book program, so if you can do it combinedly very nicely, it will be the greatest service to my Guru Maharaja
- This Krsna consciousness movement is composed of four different stages
- This material world is simply an embarrassment and is composed of tribulations presented as happiness, distress, attachment, enmity and envy
- This material world is the world of duality, in contrast with the oneness of the absolute realm. The world of duality is composed of matter and spirit, whereas the absolute world is complete spirit without any tinge of the material qualities
- This rascal wants so much. It is simply joking. Anyway, I think you cannot find out, let Jayapataka find out. The composition charges should not be more than Rs. 250 for 100 pages, very small pages
- This subtle body is an effect of the three modes of material nature. It is composed of insurmountably strong desires, and therefore it causes the living entity to transmigrate from one body to another in human life, animal life and life as a demigod
- Those who are actually holy are transcendental, composed, peaceful, friendly to all living entities and not subject to anger. Simply by association with such holy men one can become a Krsna conscious devotee
- Those who are very sinful and attached to their family, house, village or country do not receive a gross body made of material elements but remain in a subtle body, composed of mind, ego and intelligence
- Those who will offer Me the prayers composed by Lord Siva, both in the morning and in the evening, will be given benedictions by Me. In this way they can both fulfill their desires and attain good intelligence
- Thus in the spiritual world, where everything is composed of the superior nature, everything is conscious
- Vidyapati was a famous composer of songs about the pastimes of Radha-Krsna. He was an inhabitant of Mithila, born in a brahmana family
- Vyasadeva, the supreme authority on Vedic literature, composed the verse beginning 'nayam sukhapo bhagavan' because no one can enter into the rasa-lila dance in any body other than that of a gopi
- When one is liberated, he theoretically understands that the living entity is not composed of material elements but is spirit soul, distinct from matter. Simply by theoretically understanding this doctrine, one can be called liberated
- When Raghupati Upadhyaya was requested to describe Krsna, he began to recite some verses he had personally composed about Krsna's pastimes. Hearing those verses, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was overwhelmed with ecstatic love
- When Rupa Gosvami heard a verse uttered by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu during the ceremony, he immediately composed another verse dealing with the same subject
- When Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to the residence of Srila Rupa Gosvami, He accidentally saw the palm leaf on the roof, and thus He read the verse composed by him
- When the permanent ecstasies (neutrality, servitorship and so on) are mixed with other ingredients, devotional service in love of Godhead is transformed and becomes composed of transcendental mellows
- Where am I, a small creature of seven spans the measure of my own hand? I am enclosed in the universe composed of material nature, the total material energy, false ego, ether, air, water and earth
- Without this grace and mercy, one cannot compose transcendental literature. By dint of the grace of the Lord, however, even one who is unfit for a literary career can describe wonderful transcendental topics
- You are chanting the Gaura-gopala mantra, composed of four syllables. Now please give up the doubts that have resided within you
- You are part and parcel of God, the chemical composition in drop of water from the sea is the same. In the sea it is in bigger quantity, and in the drop in smaller quantity. And therefore your composition you can study, and the same things are there
- You have composed this introductory verse to your great satisfaction, but the meaning you have expressed is contaminated by offenses to both Lord Jagannatha and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- You secure an IBM composer and utilize it fully. Let Mandali Bhadra translate our magazines and books, and in the IBM machine you compose it, ready for being photographed and printed. You send the ready matters to Boston, and they will print the magazine