Category:Prayers Composed by Laksmidevi
Pages in category "Prayers Composed by Laksmidevi"
The following 19 pages are in this category, out of 19 total.
- He (Lord Kamadeva) supplies all the necessities of life, which are His energy and thus nondifferent from Him, and He is the cause of everyone's bodily and mental prowess, which is also nondifferent from Him
- He alone who is never afraid but who, on the contrary, gives complete shelter to all fearful persons can actually become a husband and protector. Therefore, my (Laksmi's) Lord, you (Kamadeva) are the only husband, and no one else can claim this position
- He himself (a husband) is dependent on time, fruitive results and the modes of nature, which are all subordinate to You (Lord Kamadeva)
- I (Laksmidevi) wish that You (Lord Kamadeva) may also place Your hand on My head, for although You already bear my insignia of golden streaks on Your chest, I regard this honor as merely a kind of false prestige for me
- If a woman worships Your (Lord Kamadeva's) lotus feet for a particular purpose, You also quickly fulfill her desires, but in the end she becomes broken-hearted and laments. Therefore one need not worship Your lotus feet for some material benefit
- If you (Lord Kamadeva) were not the only husband, You would be afraid of others. Therefore persons learned in all Vedic literature accept only Your Lordship as everyone's master, and they think no one else a better husband and protector than You
- My (Laksmi's) dear Lord, You (Kamadeva) are certainly the fully independent master of all the senses. Therefore all women who worship You by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses are surely under illusion
- My (Laksmidevi's) dear Lord, You (Lord Kamadeva) automatically fulfill all the desires of a woman who worships Your lotus feet in pure love
- O infallible one (Lord Kamadeva), Your lotus palm is the source of all benediction. Therefore Your pure devotees worship it, and You very mercifully place Your hand on their heads
- O supreme unconquerable Lord (Kamadeva), when they become absorbed in thoughts of material enjoyment, Lord Brahma and Lord Siva, as well as other demigods and demons, undergo severe penances and austerities to receive my (Laksmi's) benedictions
- One may chant this mantra (composed by Rama, the goddess of fortune) for complete liberation from material bondage, and after liberation one may continue to chant it while worshiping the Supreme Lord in Vaikunthaloka
- They (women who worship You (Kamadeva) by strictly observing vows because they wish to acquire a husband to satisfy their senses) do not know that such a husband cannot actually give protection to them or their children
- This verse offering respectful obeisances unto the Lord was composed by Rama, the goddess of fortune, and is full of spiritual power