prayerful | prayer | prayerfully | prayers | prayer's
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 23 subcategories, out of 23 total.
- ► Devotees Offering Prayers to God (1 C, 5 P)
- ► I Pray (Prabhupada) (101 P)
- ► Questions On... Prayer (41 P)
- ► Radharani's Praying (2 P)
- ► Stotra (7 P)
Pages in category "Prayer"
The following 188 pages are in this category, out of 188 total.
- A devotee of Lord Krsna whose mind is always absorbed in Him, who with great attention and reverence chants this stotra (prayer), will achieve the greatest perfection of life without delay
- According to great learned scholars, the whole Bhagavad-gita contains many authorized prayers, especially in the Eleventh Chapter, where Arjuna prays to the universal form of the Lord
- According to the prayers of the personified Vedas, however, none of them (Mayavadis' opinion) is valid because their process of knowledge is created within the temporary material world
- Actually I was very ill. I was falling down. But, by your prayers Krishna has kindly made me recover
- After hearing the prayer of Dabira Khasa and Sakara Mallika, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "My dear Dabira Khasa, you two brothers are My old servants"
- After hearing the prayers offered by Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned to His residence, and the Bhattacarya, through Gopinatha Acarya, induced the Lord to accept lunch there
- All the Praceta princes simply stood in the water for ten thousand years and recited the prayers given to them by Lord Siva
- Allah. So if Allah cannot hear, then what is the use of offering prayers? If we are offering prayer, so Allah must hear it
- Although Krsna touched their feet and offered them obeisances and prayers, they did not embrace Him but simply stood up to hear the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Although rendering devotional service to the Supreme Personality of Godhead and worshiping Him are very difficult, if one vibrates or simply reads this stotra (prayer) composed and sung by me, he will very easily be able to invoke the mercy of the SPG
- Although the demigods did not come to the aid of Gajendra, the Supreme Personality of Godhead immediately appeared before him because of his fervent prayer
- Any saintly person would come, my father would simply say, "Give blessings to my son that he may become a Radharani's servant." That was my father's prayer. He never prayed that "My son may become very rich man."
- As Sukadeva Gosvami began his prayer by discussing the word yat-kirtanam, so also Lord Caitanya recommended that simply by glorifying the Lord's holy name, a tremendous change of heart can take place
- Because He has no material body, He has no false conception of "I and mine." It is therefore incorrect to think that He feels pleasure or pain when blasphemed or offered prayers. This is impossible for Him
- Bhisma's aspiration to remember the gopis is a prayer to have their mercy also at the last stage of his life
- By the mercy of the Lord even a layman can compose prayers of the highest spiritual perfection. Such spiritual perfection is not limited by material qualifications but is developed by dint of one's sincere endeavor to render transcendental service
- Dear son, we have been defeated by our enemies, and therefore we are very much aggrieved. Please mercifully fulfill our desires by relieving our distress through the strength of your austerities. Please fulfill our prayers
- Devahuti, the mother of Kapila, instead of prolonging her prayers, summarized that Lord Kapila was none other than Visnu and that since she was a woman it was not possible for her to worship Him properly simply by prayer
- Devaki, on seeing her brother approaching, prayed in a very meek attitude to Kamsa: “My dear brother, please do not kill this female child. I promise that this child will be the wife of your son; therefore don’t kill her
- Especially in this scientific age, when television, radio messages are broadcast thousands and thousands of miles away, and you can hear, now why can you...? Why Krsna cannot hear your prayer, sincere prayer? How can you say it? Nobody can deny it
- Even after much prayer, the demigods themselves cannot obtain even a small portion of the remnants of such food. Just imagine the pride of those remnants
- Even in the ranks and files of the American Senate, the pinpricks of material existence are felt, so much so that April 30, 1974, was actually set aside as Prayer Day
- Even though in the body of a deer, Maharaja Bharata did not forget the SPG; therefore when he was giving up the body of a deer, he loudly uttered the following prayer: "The SPG is sacrifice personified. He gives the results of ritualistic activity"
- Every day from pratipat to trayodasi, one should continue the ceremony, to the accompaniment of dancing, singing, the beating of a drum, the chanting of prayers and all-auspicious mantras, and recitation of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- For this reason, my son, you should immediately pacify Kuvera with gentle words and prayers, and thus his wrath may not affect our family
- Formerly, people were religious. It doesn't matter whether one constructed temple or church. It doesn't matter. There was prayer to the Supreme. But now people are forgetting
- Generally, people worship goddess Durga for some material benediction. Here, the gopis prayed to the goddess to become wives of Lord Krsna
- Great demigods cannot obtain the favor of the goddess of fortune even by prayers, but this very goddess renders service unto the Lord, although He is unwilling to have such service
- Hayasirsa is very dear to the devotees, & He is the director of all religious principles. Fixed in the topmost trance, Bhadrasrava and his associates offer their respectful obeisances to the Lord and chant the following prayers with careful pronunciation
- He (King Nrga) prayed to them that he was their servant and that there had been some mistake. Thus, in order to rectify it, he prayed that they be very kind upon him and accept his offer in exchange for the cow
- He fell on the ground with his head bowed to offer obeisances unto the lotus feet of the Lord. His heart naturally full of love of God, with folded hands he satisfied the Lord with prayers
- He was unable to utter any of the letters of the alphabet to offer the Lord suitable prayers because his voice was choked in ecstasy, for a considerable time
- Here in Los Angeles I have so many tapes of my singing prayers, chanting new tunes of Hare Krishna, playing mrdanga, and purports to prayers
- His (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami's) statement is confirmed in the prayers by the personified Vedas
- How was it possible for the prayers of the elephant to be heard from such an unlimitedly distant place, and how could the Lord at once appear on the spot? These things cannot be calculated by human imagination
- I advise you to recite these prayers, which are as effective as great austerities. In this way, when you are mature, your life will be successful, and you will certainly achieve all your desired objectives without fail
- I pray to the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis - Sri Rupa, Sanatana, Bhatta Raghunatha, Sri Jiva, Gopala Bhatta and Dasa Raghunatha - so that all impediments to my writing this literature will be annihilated and my real desire will be fulfilled
- If it (trouble in the universe) is not to be solved even by Brahmaji, then Brahmaji consults and prays to the Ksirodakasayi Visnu for an incarnation and solution to the problems
- If you want to conquer over this unconquerable Krsna, then, according to the prayer of Brahma and appreciated by Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu: "You remain in your place, it doesn't matter, but you become very humble. Don't be puffed up"
- In accordance with these words, the King satisfied the Gandharvas by prayers, and the Gandharvas, being pleased with him, gave him an Agnisthali girl who looked exactly like Urvasi
- In his disturbed condition, he began to pray to these clouds, and he expressed his jubilation by bowing down before them
- In his prayers, Citraketu said that millions of universes rest in the pores of Sankarsana, who is limitless, having no beginning and end
- In the Narayana-vyuha-stava prayers it is said that if the great Brahma is not a devotee of the Lord he is most insignificant, whereas if a microbe is a devotee of the Lord he is most famous
- In the prayers of Queen Kunti we find mention of this inconceivable potency of Krsna
- In the Vedic mantras, there is a particular type of prayer called Purusa-sukta. Generally, the demigods offer their obeisances unto Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, by chanting the Purusa-sukta
- In this condition one utters prayers and does not reply to others' inquiries. Looking at one's own body, concealing one's desires and not heeding the words of others are symptoms visible in the ecstasy of garva
- In this connection, one prayer by Rupa Gosvami is sufficient to exemplify this hopefulness
- In this prayer, Srila Suta Gosvami practically summarizes the complete introduction of Srimad-Bhagavatam
- In this way they worshiped the deity before killing the man-animal, and they vibrated songs and prayers and played drums and bugles. Jada Bharata was then made to sit down before the deity
- In this way, Krsna consciousness was fully explained to Maharaja Pariksit by Sukadeva Gosvami as he recited to the King the statements and prayers of Lord Brahma
- It is because I have offered my prayers unto the lotus feet of all of you that whatever I have written about Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has been possible
- It is stated in Srinivasacarya’s prayer to the six Gosvamis that they left the material opulences of government service and the princely status of life and went to Vrndavana, where they lived just like ordinary mendicants, begging from door to door
- It is the duty of a son or a disciple to offer respects and recite suitable prayers when he approaches his father or spiritual master. But Bhrgu Muni purposely failed to offer respects, just to see Lord Brahma’s reaction to this negligence
- Kamsa was so cruel that he did not listen to the pitiful prayers of his sister Devaki. He forcibly grabbed the newborn child to rebuke his sister and attempted to dash her on the stone mercilessly
- King Indra, who performed one hundred sacrifices, received this prayer of protection from Visvarupa. After conquering the demons, he enjoyed all the opulences of the three worlds
- King Prthu said: O gentle members of the assembly, may all good fortune be upon you! May all of you great souls who have come to attend this meeting kindly hear my prayer attentively
- Krsna was so grave that He did not take the prayers of Brahma very seriously
- Later on, the girls (the daughters of the demigods) again satisfied the (Astavakra Muni) muni by their prayers, and the muni blessed them that they would regain their husband even after being robbed by the rogues
- Lord Caitanya instructed Sanatana to describe initiation, morning duties and duties of cleanliness - washing the face, brushing the teeth, and so on - the process of work and the prayers to be recited both in the morning and the evening
- Lord Caitanya never even heard the prayers of the deva-dasis offered in the temple of Jagannatha because a sannyasi is forbidden to hear songs sung by the fair sex
- Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is offered sublime, poetic prayers by those trying to attain His favor
- Lord Siva addressed the SPG with the following prayer: O Supreme Personality of Godhead, all glories unto You. You are the most exalted of all self-realized souls. Since You're always auspicious for the self-realized, I wish that You be auspicious for me
- Many sages, including Sankaracarya, have composed prayers in praise of the Ganges, and the land of India itself has become glorious because such rivers as the Ganges, Yamuna, Godavari, Kaveri, Krsna and Narmada flow there
- My activities were exactly like treatment given to a person who is already dead. Just see how unfortunate I am, for in spite of meeting the Supreme Lord, who can cut one's link with birth and death, I have prayed for the same conditions again
- My dear King, I shall fully explain to you the Hamsa-guhya prayers, which were offered to the Supreme Personality of Godhead by Daksa, and I shall explain how the Lord was pleased with him for those prayers
- My dear princes (the Pracetas), in the form of a prayer I (Siva) have delineated the yoga system of chanting the holy name. All of you should take this important stotra within your minds and promise to keep it in order to become great sages
- My dear princes, in the form of a prayer I have delineated the yoga system of chanting the holy name. All of you should take this important stotra within your minds and promise to keep it in order to become great sages
- My dear sons of the King, just execute your occupational duty as kings with a pure heart. Just chant this prayer fixing your mind on the lotus feet of the Lord. That will bring you all good fortune, for the Lord will be very much pleased with you
- My dear sons of the King, the prayers I have recited to you are meant for pleasing the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Supersoul
- My father never prayed that "My son may become very rich man." He never prayed like that. Actually, his ardent desire that his son may become a Vaisnava. And my Guru Maharaja's training has put me this position
- Narada also cited instances wherein demons like Ravana and Banasura were enriched with great opulences simply by satisfying Lord Siva with prayers
- No amount of chosen words is sufficient to enumerate the Lord's glory, and yet He is satisfied by such prayers as the father is satisfied even by the broken linguistic attempts of the growing child
- Not wanting to detract from the mission of the Lord (Balarama) in killing Romaharsana Suta, all of them (the sages) prayed, "Our dear Lord, the uncommon use of Your kusa weapon to kill Romaharsana Suta may remain as it is"
- Now I shall chant one mantra which is not only transcendental, pure and auspicious, but is the best prayer for anyone who is aspiring to attain the ultimate goal of life. When I chant this mantra, please hear it carefully and attentively
- O great sage, graciously be pleased to listen to the prayer of my humble self, for my mind is troubled by affection for my daughter
- O immortal one, this unique airplane has been sent by the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is worshiped by selected prayers and who is the chief of all living entities. You are quite worthy to board such a plane
- O Lord, You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead and are worshipable by universal prayers, Vedic hymns and sacrificial ingredients. We offer our obeisances unto You
- One should (17) circumambulate the temple, (18) recite various prayers, (19) chant softly, (20) chant congregationally, (21) smell the incense and flower garlands offered to the Deity, and (22) eat the remnants of food offered to the Deity
- One should not offer obeisances silently to the spiritual master; or in other words, one should recite aloud the prayers to the spiritual master while offering obeisances
- One should offer obeisances unto the Lord with a mind humbled through devotion. While offering dandavats by falling on the ground like a rod, one should chant the above mantra ten times. Then one should chant the following prayer
- One thing you must know that any prayer you offer to your Spiritual Master and Superior Spiritual Master, all of them are conveyed to Krishna, so no sincere prayers go in vain
- One who always remembers your (Prahlada) activities and My (Nrsimhadeva) activities also, and who chants the prayers you have offered, becomes free, in due course of time, from the reactions of material activities
- One who reads the thousand names of Visnu can be released from all offenses. In the same Skanda-Purana, Reva-khanda, it is said that one who recites prayers to tulasi or sows a tulasi seed is also freed from all offenses
- Others ask for the favor of the goddess of fortune, and despite such prayers she declines to award such favors. But still she renders service unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although He has nothing to accept from her
- Our prayer of the Hare Krishna Mantra means addressing Radha and Krishna for being engaged in Their service. Hare Krishna means "Oh Hare, Oh Radharani! Oh Krishna! Please engage me in Your service so that I can get relief from the service of Maya"
- Overjoyed to know of his arrival, his subjects came forth from Brahmavarta to greet their returning lord with songs, prayers and musical instruments
- Prahlada Maharaja was tortured by his father in so many ways, yet after the death of his father he prayed for his father's liberation by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Prayer of the inhabitants of Vrndavana is the superexcellent type of self-realization. The method is very simple: to fix the mind always on the lotus feet of Krsna, to talk always of Krsna without passing on to any other subject matter
- Prayers must be approved by Vedic literature
- Remembrance and prayers also can give us the desired result if they are properly done under expert guidance. One should not concoct forms of devotional service
- Rendering personal service to the Deities. 13) Singing. 14) Sankirtana. 15) Chanting. 16) Offering prayers. 17) Reciting notable prayers. 18) Tasting maha-prasadam (food from the very plate offered before the Deities
- Rukmini continued, "Although You (Krsna) do not possess anything, the great demigods who accept prayers and worship from others come and worship You to solicit Your mercy. How can You be categorized among the poor"
- Sages like Marici prayed for the mercy of the Lord (to protect Brahma, who was sexually inclined to his own daughter, from the allurement of lusty material desires), and their prayer was fruitful
- She offered her obeisances unto the Lord, the author of the basic principles of the Sankhya system of philosophy, which is the background of liberation, and she satisfied Him with the following verses of prayer
- Since goddess Durga is always worshiped with her famous children (Laksmi, Sarasvati, Ganesa, Karttikeya), Rukmini specifically offered her respectful obeisances to the deity in that way; however, her prayers were special
- Since the Lord is the supreme entity, different from Sukadeva Gosvami, the prayer can be offered to Him
- So far the singing of the prayers to the Spiritual Master is concerned, there is no limitation on how many times it is sung. But it should be done three times daily, and morning it is required
- Some of these ladies were very old and knew perfectly well how to chant prayers to goddess Durga and Lord Siva; so, followed by Rukmini and others, they led these prayers before the deity
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Maitreya said: Thus Lord Brahma, who is understood by transcendental vibration, tried to satisfy the demigods, being pleased with their words of prayer
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami continued: Narada, having become the spiritual master of Citraketu, instructed him fully in this prayer because Citraketu was fully surrendered. O Pariksit, Narada then left with the great sage Angira for Brahmaloka
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: O King Pariksit, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, being thus worshiped with prayers by the demigods and Lord Brahma, appeared before them. His bodily effulgence resembled the simultaneous rising of thousands of suns
- Sri-Sri-Gurv-astakam, 1969 - This song is offering obeisances particularly to the spiritual master, and the symptoms of the spiritual master are described in this prayer
- Srila Rupa Gosvami composed three prayers with the title Caitanyastaka. The verse next quoted is text 7 from the first of the Caitanyastaka prayers, which are included in the book Stava-mala
- Srila Rupa Goswami offers his respectful prayers to the eternal Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is always so beautiful and for whom the pure devotees are always engaged in loving transcendental service
- Srila Srinivasa Acarya describes in his prayers to the six Gosvamis that they were all highly learned scholars, not only in Sanskrit but also in foreign languages such as Persian and Arabic
- Students who do not pray or meditate in the early morning, and again in the evening, gradually become agnostics, and their minds float about aimlessly without purpose
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: When Satyavrata had thus prayed to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who had assumed the form of a fish, the Lord, while moving in the water of inundation, explained to him the Absolute Truth
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: When the King offered prayers to the Sudarsana cakra and Lord Visnu, because of his prayers the Sudarsana cakra became peaceful and stopped burning the brahmana known as Durvasa Muni
- Svayambhuva Manu indirectly convinced Kardama Muni: "You desire a suitable wife like my daughter (Devahuti), and she is now present before you. You should not reject the fulfillment of your prayer; you should accept my daughter"
- The 108 Upanisads contain all knowledge about the Absolute Truth. Sometimes people ask why Vaisnavas use 108 prayer beads for chanting the holy names. We think it is because there are 108 Upanisads containing full knowledge of the Absolute Truth
- The answer is that the offensive act was performed by a child (Srngi) only so that he could be excused very easily, and thus the prayer of the father (Samika Rsi) was accepted
- The Brahmana prayed, "As far as I am concerned, I wish only to worship Maharaj Nanda because the supreme absolute Personality of Godhead, Krsna, is crawling in his courtyard as his own child"
- The conclusion is that God is as sentient as we are. He is satisfied by our prayers and dissatisfied by our harsh words against Him
- The creation and manifestation of the material or spiritual energy does not render the creator impersonal. Here the very prayer suggests that God is sentient and can hear the prayers and fulfill the desires of the devotee
- The denizens of the upper planets showered flowers, beat drums, played different types of flutes and sang various prayers and songs. In this way, all the denizens of heaven, such as the Gandharvas, Siddhas and demigods, became very much pleased
- The devotee prayed, "Her eyes are always engaged in seeing the face of Krsna, and thus they are always filled with tears"
- The devotee prayed, "Let us offer our respectful obeisances unto them for being so kind to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the parent of the whole universe"
- The devotee prayed, "They are always anxious to serve Krsna and to maintain Him, and they are always so kind to Him"
- The devotee prayed, "Whose (Yasoda) hair is very brightly beautified by the vermilion placed in the part, and whose bodily frame derides all her ornaments"
- The devotee's prayer continues, "I do not ask You for liberation or any material facility up to the point of liberation. What I want as Your favor is that I may always think of Your form as I see You now as Damodara"
- The devotee's prayer, "At that time You delivered two sons of Kuvera, Nalakuvara and Manigriva, who were staying there as two arjuna trees in the yard of Nanda Maharaj. My only request is that by Your merciful pastimes You may similarly deliver me"
- The goddess was satisfied by the prayers of the citizens of Dvaraka, and she immediately offered them her benediction
- The gopis prayed to the demigods to create some natural disturbance, such as a hurricane, storm or heavy rainfall, so that Krsna could not go to Mathura
- The great Maitreya continued: While King Prthu thus spoke, the humility of his nectarean speeches pleased the reciters very much. Then again they continued to praise the King highly with exalted prayers, as they had been instructed by the great sages
- The great sage Maitreya continued by saying that the Lord, the seer of the universe, after hearing Prthu Maharaja's prayer, addressed the King: My dear King, may you always be blessed by engaging in My devotional service
- The great saint Maitreya continued to address Vidura: My dear Vidura, at that time, after the planet earth finished her prayers, King Prthu was still not pacified, and his lips trembled in great anger
- The householders are required to rise early in the morning, and after bathing they should 1) offer respects to the Deities at home by prayers, by offering fuel in the sacred fire, by giving the brahmanas in charity land, cows, grains, gold, etc
- The inhabitants of Naimisaranya, learned sages and brahmanas, became most pleased by seeing this, and they offered their respectful prayers to Lord Balarama
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana said, "By the will of the supreme authority and according to the results of our own work, we may take our birth anywhere. It doesn’t matter where we are born, but our only prayer is that we may simply be engaged in KC"
- The list of offenses, 10 kinds, are in my apartment in N.Y., & you ask your God-brother, Brahmananda, & he will supply you. Similarly, there is another list of the qualifications, as well as prayer for Spiritual Master, are also there. Try to secure them
- The Lord inquired, "What is your order? For what purpose have you come here?" Paramananda Puri then submitted his prayer that the Lord show favor to Junior Haridasa
- The opulence of the demons, who are generally known as the enemies of the demigods, was protected by the talents and tactics of Sukracarya, but Visvarupa, who was most powerful, composed a protective prayer known as the Narayana-kavaca
- The order of worshiping is first Spiritual Master, and then Lord Caitanya, then Radha Krsna (as in the mantras or Bunde aham prayer)
- The pacified sages chanted Vedic prayers, the denizens of heaven sang, the beautiful damsels of the heavenly planets danced, and in this way, at the time of the appearance of Nara-Narayana, all signs of good fortune were visible
- The parents of the Lord (who are all pure devotees) consider Him a child only. The Lord accepts the chastisements of the parents more cheerfully than the prayers of the Vedic hymns
- The ruler Bhadrasrava and his intimate associates utter the following prayer: We offer our respectful obeisances unto the SPG, the reservoir of all religious principles, who cleanses the heart of the conditioned soul in this material world
- The six Gosvamis also taught worship of Krsna in the feeling of the gopis in separation. The prayers composed by Srinivasacarya about the Gosvamis explain these matters very clearly
- The son of Devavrdha was Babhru. Concerning Devavrdha and Babhru there are two famous songs of prayer, which were sung by our predecessors and which we have heard from a distance. Even now I hear the same prayers about their qualities
- The songs which I have recorded there I have heard today on the record, and they are very nice, especially the Prayers to the Six Goswamis. It has come out very successful on the whole. I hope the German people will like the Bengali tunes
- The sons of Kartaviryarjuna, being devoid of the qualities of ksatriyas, were so cruel that despite her prayers they forcibly cut off his head and took it away
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead replied: O great sages, I am certainly very pleased with your prayers. You are all truthful. You have prayed for the benediction of a son like Me for King Nabhi, but this is very difficult to obtain
- The symptoms of madness served as an impetus for remembering Krsna. The mood of ecstasy awoke love, disdain, defamation by words, pride, honor and indirect prayer. Thus Sri Krsna was sometimes blasphemed and sometimes honored
- The unmarried girls used to pray with great devotion to goddess Katyayani, addressing her as follows
- The Veda-stuti, or the prayers offered by the personified Vedas to Garbhodakasayi Visnu, were first narrated in disciplic succession by Sanandana to his brothers, all of whom were born of Brahma at the beginning of the universe
- The Vedic rites and rituals are imperative for neophytes: comprehending all kinds of prayer three times a day, taking a bath early in the morning, offering respects to the forefathers, etc
- There are sixty thousand saintly persons named Valikhilyas, each the size of a thumb, who are located in front of the sun-god and who offer him eloquent prayers of glorification
- There is a similar prayer by a brahmana who says, "Let others worship the Vedas and the Upanisads, and let others worship the Mahabharata if they are afraid of material existence and want to become liberated from that condition"
- There is another description of Mother Yasoda in a devotee's prayer, "Let me be given protection by Mother Yasoda, whose curly hairs are bound with thread"
- There is no need for any other devotional songs or chants for Lord Caitanya's Advent Day; simply chant Hare Krishna, with Kirtana or beads, & sing the prayer "Sri Krishna Caitanya, Prabhu Nityananda, Sri Advaita, Gadadhara, SriVasadi, Gaura Bhaktavrinda"
- This example was followed by the six Gosvamis of Vrndavana. It is therefore stated in a prayer about them, lokanam hita-karinau: Vaisnavas, or devotees of the Lord, are not selfish
- This prayer (to Varahadeva) was offered by the inhabitants of the higher planetary systems, namely the Jana, Tapas and Satya lokas, who are far more intelligent and powerful than humans
- This prayer is given to remind the Lord of the devotee's sacrifices, but even if there is no such reminder, the Lord does not forget the service rendered by His pure devotee
- This prayer of the Vedas personified illustrates that the Vedas are meant for helping the conditioned souls to understand Krsna
- This prayer was first spoken to us by Lord Brahma, the master of all creators. The creators, headed by Bhrgu, were instructed in these prayers because they wanted to create
- This prayer, Narayana-kavaca, constitutes subtle knowledge transcendentally connected with Narayana. One who employs this prayer is never disturbed or put in danger by the government, by plunderers, by evil demons or by any type of disease
- To distinguish this ultimate shelter from the other nine subjects, the mahajanas have described these nine, directly or indirectly, through prayers or direct explanations
- Training depends upon sincere prayers
- Translation of prayers into English is good and if somebody dresses like nice American gentleman without any robes, I have no objection; but every one of my disciples must have the flag and marks of tilak on forehead
- Uddhava addresses Lord Krsna and says, "My only prayer is that I may have unflinching faith and devotion unto Your lotus feet"
- Upon approaching Kapiladeva, Amsuman saw both the horse meant for sacrifice and a pile of ashes. Amsuman offered prayers to Kapiladeva, who was very pleased by his prayers and who returned the horse
- We have no other power than to offer our respectful obeisances and prayers unto You, the transcendental person. The chanting of Your auspicious transcendental qualities will wipe out the sins of all mankind
- We never tire of hearing the transcendental pastimes of the Personality of Godhead, who is glorified by hymns and prayers. Those who have developed a taste for transcendental relationships with Him relish hearing of His pastimes at every moment
- What is this prayer? "Give me a little bread"? Of course, it is better than the rascals who are atheists. They do not approach God. They say, "Oh, what is God? I am God. I shall, by economic development, I shall create so many breads."
- When a student interpreted the glories of the holy name as a prayer of exaggeration, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, greatly unhappy, immediately warned everyone not to see the student's face henceforward
- When all the Prajapatis were ordered to create by Lord Brahma, we chanted these prayers in praise of the Supreme Personality of Godhead and became completely free from all ignorance. Thus we were able to create different types of living entities
- When Krsna saw the full-moon night of the sarat season, decorated with various seasonal flowers - especially the mallika flowers, which are very fragrant - He remembered the gopis' prayers to Goddess Katyayani
- When spiritual instincts, which are inherent qualities in every living being, are kindled by daily prayer meetings, it is then only the people in general develop the qualities of the gods and the Trust Board of Mahatma Gandhi Fund should not miss this
- When the King begged Him to come to his kingdom, Gopala, who was already obliged for his devotional service, accepted his prayer. Thus the King took the Gopala Deity and went back to Kataka
- When they saw Jamadagni sitting by the side of the fire to perform yajna and meditating upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is praised by the best of selected prayers, they took the opportunity to kill him
- Whenever the word yoga is used it should be understood to refer to that which is transcendental. In the transcendental stage all activities are always present, and they are glorified by prayers of great sages like Bhrgu
- While they (the gopis) were talking in this way, Uddhava finished his morning ablutions, prayers and chanting and came before them
- With pitiable prayers, Renuka, the mother of Parasurama and wife of Jamadagni, begged for the life of her husband
- You are not even attached to the goddess of fortune, who is worshiped by the great demigods like Brahma, who pray to achieve her mercy
- You are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, complete in six opulences. You are the supreme person mentioned in the Purusa-sukta prayers. You are the most perfect, self-realized master of all mystic power. Let me offer my respectful obeisances unto You
- You can call sermon, because there is prayer song and there is, I mean to say, recitation from scriptures
- You have prayed to Me and properly worshiped Me by performing the great payo-vrata ceremony for the sake of protecting your sons. Because of Kasyapa Muni's austerities, I shall agree to become your son and thus protect your other sons
- Your appreciation of my adventure at this part of my life has encouraged me, and I think that by the prayers of good souls like you I may be able to work for sometime more in the interest of this great movement
- Your exalted poetic descriptions of the mellows of Lord Krsna's pastimes are like an ocean of nectar. But why have you put in a false prayer about Me? It is like a drop of detestable alkali