Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
commit | commits | committed | committing | committer
- VedaBase query: commit or commits or committed or committing or committer not "commit* mistake*" not "commit* offense*" not "commit* sin*" not "commit* * mistake*" not "commit* * * mistak*" not "commit* * offense*" not "commit* * * offense*" not "commit* * sin*" not "commit* * * sin*"
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Commit"
The following 185 pages are in this category, out of 185 total.
- Even if one commits offenses, one should continue chanting the holy name
- Even if one commits the most abominable action, if he is engaged in devotional service he is to be considered saintly because he is properly situated in his determination
- Junior Haridasa committed suicide
- Lord Buddha promulgamated a new type of religion - ahimsa paramo dharmah. "Don't commit violence. If I pinch your body, you feel pain. You should not pinch others"
- One who commits suicide, he becomes a ghost
- A brahmana never commits any sinful activity. If he, sometimes in an unnatural condition, if he does something. So he should be excused. This is Vedic law
- A civilization that commits such sinful activities (offenses at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas) generally loses all faith in the Supreme Lord, and such a godless civilization becomes the source of all calamities in human society
- A confused, frustrated man cannot get relief by committing suicide because suicide will simply lead him to take birth in the lower species of life or to remain a ghost, unable to attain a gross material body
- A ksatriya is allowed to kill only for maintenance of the law and order of the state; he is not allowed to kill or commit violence without reason
- A person may be relieved from sins once, but it is a practice among Christians to confess sins and yet commit them again. By getting freed from sins and again engaging in them, one cannot attain freedom from the pangs of material existence
- A sinful man is very expert to commit sinful activities, but the holy name of Krsna is so strong that he will be unable to commit so much sins as can be extinguished simply by uttering once the name of Lord Visnu or Krsna
- A thief pleading not guilty because of committing theft not for personal interest but for the interest of society or country has never been excused by the established law of any country
- Accidental sins committed by a devotee are sincerely regretted, and by the grace of the Lord all sins unwillingly committed by a devotee are burnt in the fire of repentance
- According to Manu's law, when a person commits murder, punishment is beneficial for him because if he is not killed he might commit more and more murders and therefore be entangled in his future lives for having killed so many persons
- According to the laws of man, a person may be hanged when he commits homicide, but he is not hanged when he kills lower animals. But according to the laws of God, one commits the same sin by killing a lower animal as he does by killing a man
- Actually we get this material body due to our ignorance. By ignorance we commit so many wrong things, and you have obliged to accept a certain type of body. Therefore it is a network of ignorance
- After hearing this, Sanatana Gosvami was exceedingly astonished. He could understand, "My decision to commit suicide has not been greatly appreciated by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu"
- All the Mayavadi sannyasis were very humble and submissive after hearing Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu's explanation of the Vedanta-sutra, and they begged to be pardoned for the offenses they had committed by criticizing the Lord
- Amogha, always chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and do not commit any further offenses. After giving Amogha this instruction, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu went to Sarvabhauma's house
- An offense at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas is a greater offense than that committed at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- An offense at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas is a greater offense than that committed at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead. A civilization that commits such sinful activities generally loses all faith in the Supreme Lord
- Any religion committing unnecessary violence to the animals, (it is) third-class. It is not religion, it is cheating. Simply cheating
- Arjuna, however, would not desist from entering the fire unless the sons of the brahmana were brought back. Therefore Krsna promised him, "I shall bring back the brahmana's sons. Do not try to commit suicide"
- As long as Vidura played the part of a sudra, being cursed by Manduka Muni, Aryama officiated at the post of Yamaraja to punish those who committed sinful acts
- As soon as this is done the Lord excuses the sincere devotee. But that does not mean that one should take advantage of the Lord's causeless mercy and expect to be excused over and over again, while he commits the same sinful activities
- At the time of death there is great distress. It is so strong that one has to leave this body. Just like when the distress becomes very strong, one commits suicide. He cannot tolerate: "Finish this body"
- At the time of death, the trouble, or the miserable condition, is so acute that we have to give up this body. Sometimes when man becomes very much upset, he commits suicide. He cuts his own throat. Why? He cannot live in this body
- Because Daksa happened to be the father of Sati, she decided not to kill him but to give up her own life in order to compensate for the great sin she had committed by hearing blasphemy of Lord Siva
- Because they are missing the aim of life, they are committing suicide. And this varnasrama-dharma was planned in such a way that everyone would be spiritually advanced
- Before death, we must prepare ourselves, what is next body. If we are not doing that, then we are killing ourselves, committing suicide
- Bhrgu Muni's first offense, committed toward Lord Brahma, was an offense with the mind. His second offense, committed toward Lord Siva by insulting him, criticizing him for unclean habits, was an offense by speech
- Either you may bring this ism or that ism, this civilization will collapse. People will become mad, being harassed in so many ways. When one is harassed in so many problems, he commits suicide. So that position is coming
- Even if a common man sees someone preparing to commit suicide, he will try to save him
- Even if a common man sees someone preparing to commit suicide, he will try to save him. He does so automatically
- Even if such a person atones and is punished by the government, he will again commit theft as soon as he comes out of jail. If punishment in jail is considered atonement, what is the benefit of such atonement
- Every day we see that a person without knowledge commits some criminal act and is later arrested and punished, despite the fact that he actually may not have been conscious of his sinful activity
- Foolish persons commit all kinds of sinful activities on account of the temporary body, and they are even unable to consider whether the body actually belongs to them
- For one who is in the renounced order of life, this is (be allured by the glamor of the householder's worldly possessions) much more dangerous than drinking poison and committing suicide
- For the satisfaction of the tongue they are risking their own life and committing sinful life to suffer later on. Therefore the first-class man's first duty is to samah, controlling the mind
- Haridasa must have committed suicide by drinking poison, and because of this sinful act, he has now become a brahmana ghost
- He had no desire to break his promise, but fearing that his kinsmen would commit suicide, he deviated from the truth
- He thinks, "I'm suffering. If I commit suicide, then everything will be stopped." But he does not know that by committing suicide he'll increase another set of varieties of miserable conditions of life. He'll become ghost
- He was going to commit suicide but came to Krishna instead. This may make an interesting topic for BTG
- Here is a boy who was about to commit suicide, but he came to Krishna instead and now he is perfecting his life. That is most encouraging news
- I have heard that in Europe there are many clubs. They go for gambling, and they lose everything, whatever, and they commit suicide. And the club proprietor throws him in the street. There is no law
- If a devotee has to commit violence, it should not be done beyond what is necessary
- If a man thinks that chanting will save him from all kinds of sinful reaction deliberately committed by him, then he becomes the greatest offender
- If a person is not ashamed of his sinful activities and continues to commit the same sinful activities with the knowledge that the Lord will excuse him, that is a most nonsensical proposition
- If Arjuna abandoned the battle he would be committing an infamous act. Therefore Krsna said that such an attitude in Arjuna did not fit his personality
- If by chance they (devotees) commit something abominable, it should not be taken into account, but should be overlooked
- If he (sannyasi) entertains the idea of sense gratification, especially in relationship with a woman, the only atonement is to commit suicide at the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna
- If he tries to commit any further harm to you or attack you physically, inform the police and have him arrested
- If one always chants the holy name of Krsna, gradually one is freed from all reactions of sinful life, provided he chants offenselessly and does not commit more sinful activities on the strength of chanting the Hare Krsna mantra
- If one chants the Hare Krsna maha-mantra without offenses, all of one's sinful actions are surely atoned for immediately, but one should not commit such deeds again, for that is an offense
- If one equates the names Radha-ramana or Radha-Krsna with Rukmini-ramana, Narayana or any other name of the Supreme Lord, he commits the fault of overlapping tastes, which is technically called rasabhasa
- If one repents that "I should not have done this, but I am so sinful that I have again committed this sin," so this repentance will help him to be excused by the Supreme Lord
- If we do not utilize this human form of life for spiritual cultivation, then we are practically committing suicide
- If we use this human form of life exactly like the cats and dogs, simply for sense gratification, then we are committing suicide
- If you have committed a murder, then you also be hanged. These are the laws. When the king orders somebody to be hanged on account of his committing murder, the king is not sinful. King is helping that rascal to atone his murdering activities
- If you keep yourself on the platform of chanting Hare Krsna mantra and do not commit willfully again sinful life, then you are liberated
- If you pour water in the root, then the water is distributed everywhere. But if you pour water on the leaves, on the twigs, on the fruits, it will not be successful. So one who is not in awareness of the laws of nature, they commit this mistake
- If you want to eat meat, you can kill an animal at your own house, but state is not going to commit these sinful activities, statewise. That is changed in every respect
- Immediately after committing suicide in this way, he went in his spiritual body to Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and received the mercy of the Lord. However, he still remained invisible
- In all species of life, in all forms of life, they are all our svajana, kinsmen. How it cannot be? Because Krsna is the original father. This is Krsna consciousness. Therefore a devotee of Krsna does not want to commit a little harm to any living entity
- In desperate condition sometimes the philosophy of voidism, impersonalism is followed. To make the things zero. Because this life is so much troublesome, sometimes even one commits suicide to get out of this
- In some religious sects a sinful man goes to a priest to confess his sinful acts and pay a fine, but then he again commits the same sins and returns to confess them again. This is the practice of a professional sinner
- In the Bhagavad-gita, Lord Krsna directly gave His order to Arjuna to commit violence on the battlefield of Kuruksetra, just to give protection to the people in general
- In the hellish condition within the womb, the living entity is very much afraid of being born again, but when he is out of the womb, when he is in full life and good health, he forgets everything and commits again and again the same sins
- In the laws of nature, if you commit suicide, that is another criminal act. So suicidal policy, to end this misery of life, is not all. We must have, I mean to say, greater life
- In Vrndavana still, a snake found in the house is never killed, snake. Still a rat is never killed. If you kill a rat in Vrndavana, then so many people will come: "Oh, you are committing such sinful acts. You are killing a rat"
- It appears that Bhismadeva is repenting the actions he committed against the person of the Lord. But factually the Lord's body was not at all pained, due to His transcendental existence. His body is not matter
- It is our duty to accept the remnants of offerings made to Visnu, to escape the reactions of all sinful actions committed unconsciously and unavoidably
- Junior Haridasa afterwards committed suicide due to being disassociated from the company of the Lord (Caitanya), and the news of suicide was duly related to the Lord
- Junior Haridasa went to the confluence of the Ganges and Yamuna and committed suicide. In his spiritual body, however, he continued to sing devotional songs, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu heard them
- Just like in some religious process it is said that you commit all kinds of sins and go to the church and simply confess, you are free. So this doing and confessing, doing and confessing is going on
- Krsna continued, "At that time you (Rukmini) concluded that your beautiful body was not fit to be touched by anyone else; therefore, thinking that I was not coming, you decided to commit suicide and immediately end that body"
- Krsna, being compassionate upon the Yadus, who were fearful due to the atrocities committed by Kamsa, ordered the appearance of Yogamaya, His internal potency. Krsna is the Lord of the universe, but He is especially the Lord of the Yadus
- Ksatriyas are allowed to commit violence in that way because violence for a good purpose is a part of their duty
- Lord Balarama again turned toward Krsna and said, "My dear Krsna, a relative, even though he commits such a blunder and deserves to be killed, should be excused"
- Lord Caitanya clearly says that anyone who tries to understand Bhagavad-gita from the Mayavadi point of view will commit a great blunder
- Lord Krsna therefore checked Arjuna, assuring him that He would find the baby. He told Arjuna, "Do not foolishly commit suicide"
- Lord Siva’s touch saved the demon from committing suicide; his bodily injuries immediately healed, and his body became as it was before
- Married man cannot be dishonest because he has got responsibility. If he is arrested he will be insulted in his family. His family members will be in difficulty. Therefore he does not commit dishonesty very easily
- Material contaminations: "illusion, fatigue, committing errors, roughness, aterial lust, restlessness, pride, envy, violence, disgrace, exhaustion, untruth, anger, hankering, dependence, desire to lord over the universe, seeing duality, and cheating"
- Materialistic people are concerned with the tongue, belly and genitals, if anyone wants to advance in spiritual life he must be very careful about associating with such people. To associate with such materialistic men is to commit purposeful suicide
- My dear Sanatana, "if I could attain Krsna by committing suicide, I would certainly give up millions of bodies without a moment's hesitation"
- Nature is very cruel. She does not excuse anyone. When people do not care for nature, they commit all kinds of sinful activities, and consequently they have to suffer
- Next life means again troublesome; that's why they sometimes commit suicide. They think that after suicide it will be zero, so no trouble. These are all ignorance
- Nityananda Prabhu replied, "These are the remnants of food left by Lord Krsna. If You take them to be ordinary remnants, You have committed an offense"
- No one should take advantage of this verse and commit nonsense and think that he is still a devotee. If he does not improve in his character by devotional service, then it is to be understood that he is not a high devotee
- Nobody can say that "I do not know that is sinful activities." Who does not know that stealing is sinful, committing murder is sinful, or so many other things?
- Not many days before, say, about hundred years ago in Kashmir, if a thief was caught, burglar was caught, and he was proved that he has committed theft, the king would personally cut off, chop off his hand. The punishment was so severe
- Of the ten types of offenses one can commit while chanting the holy name of the Lord, this offense is called namno balad yasya hi papa-buddhih, committing sinful activities on the strength of chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra
- One cannot get love of God simply by committing suicide
- One has seen that a person who is a thief was arrested and was punished. Everything he knows, but still, he commits stealing. Why?
- One may succeed in avoiding many kinds of sin, but it is impossible to escape committing the five great sins called panca-suna
- One must perform sacrifices recommended in the scriptures in order to get rid of commitments of all unauthorized work, or even unintentional crimes which we are apt to commit
- One's inability to tolerate an offense committed by another is called amarsa, and one's inability to tolerate the opulence of another is called jealousy. Jealousy and amarsa are both caused by intolerance
- Ordinary atonement may temporarily protect a sinful person, but it does not completely cleanse his heart of the deep-rooted desire to commit sinful acts
- Our behavior should be such that no one should become angry and thereby commit a wrong to individuals, families or society
- Persons who are trying to commit sinful activities on the strength of some spiritual activity, they're the greatest sinners
- Persons who commit offenses to a sadhu will have to take some time before being rectified
- Pradyumna said, "I think, my dear charioteer, that you have committed a great offense by removing me from the battlefield"
- Sakarunam means mercy. Not that... Because one has committed murder in a fanatic condition, he is excused sometimes. That is sakarunam. The judgement should be given not simply on the superficial causes
- Sanatana Gosvami concluded, "Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, who knows everything - past, present and future - has forbidden me to commit suicide." He then fell down, touching the lotus feet of the Lord, and spoke to Him as follows
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "I was born in a low family, for my family commits all kinds of irreligious acts that violate the scriptural injunctions"
- Sanatana Gosvami said, "You are the supreme ruler of Bengal and are completely independent. Whenever someone commits a fault, you punish him accordingly"
- Simply by chanting one holy name of Hari, a sinful man can counteract the reactions to more sins than he is able to commit
- Since materialistic people are concerned with the tongue, belly and genitals, if anyone wants to advance in spiritual life he must be very careful about associating with such people. To associate with such materialistic men is to commit purposeful suicide
- So at night he would keep a big bowl of rice in the middle of the shop, and the rats will eat whole night. They would not commit any harm to the cloth
- So Bhrgu Muni committed the greatest offense by kicking the chest of the Lord with his foot in the presence of the goddess of fortune. Of course, Lord Visnu is all-merciful
- Someone may think, "For a whole week I may commit sinful activities, and for one day I will go to the temple or church and admit my sinful activities so that I can become washed off and again begin my sinning"
- Sometimes there is humility due to shyness. For example, when Krsna stole all of the garments from the gopis while they were bathing in the river, all of them begged Krsna not to commit this injustice upon them
- Sometimes we commit so many criminal activities to satisfy our senses, because we want money. So palita durnidesah. My conscience says, "You don't do it." But, because I want to enjoy my senses, I must do it
- Sometimes, however, it may be seen that a person in Krsna consciousness commits some act which may be taken as most abominable socially or politically. But such a temporary falldown does not disqualify him
- Srila Rupa Gosvami says that the distresses from sinful activities are due both to the sins themselves and to sins committed in our past lives
- Srila Rupa Gosvami warns devotees to not commit such incompatibilities in their writings or in their dealings
- Srila Vyasadeva revealed these statements (of Srimad-Bhagavatam) after perfect realization, and therefore they are perfect, for liberated sages like Vyasadeva never commit errors in their rhetorical arrangements
- Srila Vyasadeva revealed these statements after perfect realization, and therefore they are perfect, for liberated sages like Vyasadeva never commit errors in their rhetorical arrangements
- Suppose a child commits something wrong. He is not punished
- That is our Krsna consciousness movement. We simply educating people, "Don't waste your valuable life, the human form of life. If you are missing this chance, you are committing suicide." That is our propaganda. Don't commit suicide
- That is Vaisnavism. We don't manufacture ideas. We don't commit such rascaldom. We simply accept the behavior or the activities of previous acaryas. There is no difficulty
- The answer is that it was the desire of the Supreme Personality of Godhead to end the violence which was then being committed in the name of the Vedas
- The compassion of Lord Siva was aroused not because the demon was offering his flesh into the sacrificial fire but because he was about to commit suicide
- The disciple must vow that he will no longer commit sinful activity - namely illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication. He promises to execute the order of the spiritual master
- The exact word used in Srimad-Bhagavatam is pasu-ghna, which means killing animals or killing oneself. Persons who are not self-realized and who are not interested in spiritual realization are killing themselves; they are committing suicide
- The Fourth Chapter describes Sanatana Gosvami's second visit with Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu and how the Lord saved him from committing suicide
- The highest blunder committed by the impersonalists is to think that when the incarnation of God comes He accepts the form of matter in the mode of goodness
- The highest blunder committed by the impersonalists is to think that when the incarnation of God comes He accepts the form of matter in the mode of goodness. Actually, the form of Krsna or Narayana is transcendental to any material idea
- The human body is meant for spiritual realization, so any movement or any commissions which do not further that end commit violence on the human body. That which furthers the future spiritual happiness of the people in general is called nonviolence
- The Lord said, "My dear King, because you are a ksatriya, you have committed the offense of slaughtering animals, both in hunting and in political engagements"
- The Lord says in Bhagavad-gita that one must perform sacrifices recommended in the scriptures in order to get rid of commitments of all unauthorized work, or even unintentional crimes which we are apt to commit
- The Manu-samhita prescribes that a man who has committed murder should be hanged and his own life sacrificed in atonement. Previously this system was followed all over the world, but since people are becoming atheists, they are stopping capital punishment
- The many sinful activities stored within us for which we have not yet suffered are considered immature. For example, a man may have committed criminal acts, but not yet been arrested for them
- The question was why a sinful man commits sinful activities although he has full knowledge of the after result by knowing it from authority and by seeing it personally. A thief commits theft repeatedly and is imprisoned repeatedly
- The scriptural injunctions are like favorable winds. If we do not cross over the ocean of the nescience of material existence in spite of all these facilities, then certainly we are all intentionally committing suicide
- The spiritual master is the captain, and you take advantage. Your, this human body is a good boat. So good boat, favorable condition, good captain—take advantage of crossing this ocean. Otherwise you are committing suicide
- The statement of Vrnda shows that the gopis were so enchanted by the beauty of Krsna that because they could not express their minds, they decided to commit suicide
- Then all the devotees, headed by Svarupa Damodara Gosvami, concluded that because Haridasa had committed suicide at the confluence of the rivers Ganges and Yamuna, he must have ultimately attained shelter at the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- There are many thieves. At least in India I have seen. Their business is stealing, and they are put into the jail, and as soon as he comes out, again commits the same thing and put into the jail for many days
- There Bhrgu Muni purposely committed the greatest sin by offending Lord Visnu by his bodily activities. The first offense committed by Bhrgu Muni was mental, the second offense was vocal, and the third offense was corporal
- These different offenses are progressively greater in degree. An offense committed within the mind is a positive offense, the same offense committed verbally is comparatively more grave & when committed by bodily action it is superlative in offensiveness
- They (the Yamadutas) desired to commit suicide. Before pursuing either course (commit suicide or bring the Visnudutas before Yamaraja) they wanted to know about the Visnudutas from Yamaraja, who is also omniscient
- Thieves may enter the house of a rich man to steal money at the risk of their lives. Because of trespassing, they may be killed by guns or attacked by watchdogs, but still they try to commit burglary
- Those who act in an ordinary way and do not commit excessively sinful acts remain within this middle planetary system, and those who perform abominable sinful actions must go down to hellish life
- To accept sannyasa means to commit civil suicide, but sannyasa is compulsory, at least for every brahmana, every first-class human being
- To consider the glories of chanting Hare Krsna as imagination. 6) To give some interpretation on the holy name of the Lord. 7) To commit sinful activities on the strength of the holy name of the Lord
- Two classes of men, however, will never be interested in hearing the message of Bhagavad-gita and Srimad-Bhagavatam - those who are determined to commit suicide and those determined to kill cows and other animals for the satisfaction of their own tongues
- Vaisnava should follow his previous mahajana, authority. That is Vaisnavism. We don't manufacture ideas. We don't commit such rascaldom
- Violence, committed in the act of fighting for Krsna, is not violence at all because, at any rate, the man, or rather the soul, cannot be killed; so for the administration of justice, so-called violence is permitted
- Viṣṇujana Swami committed suicide, I think
- We have to commit violence; that is a natural law. We should not, however, commit violence extravagantly, but only as much as ordered by the Lord
- We have to take advantage of this favorable condition to end this miserable material existence. And if anyone does not take the advantage, then he is committing suicide
- What was committed by King Vena many years ago is at present being carried out by atheistic governments all over the world
- What, then, is the value of its bathing? Similarly, many spiritual practitioners chant the Hare Krsna maha-mantra and at the same time commit many forbidden things, thinking that their chanting will counteract their offenses
- When a person blames himself for committing an inappropriate action, his feeling is called guilt
- When Bhrgu Muni refused to embrace his brother, saying that Lord Siva was impure, the latter became very angry with him. It is said that an offense can be committed either with the body, with the mind or by speech
- When one criticizes a pure devotee, he commits an offense that is very obstructive and dangerous for those who desire to advance in Krsna consciousness
- When Sanatana Gosvami returned from Vrndavana, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu affectionately saved him from his determination to commit suicide. Then, after testing him, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu purified his body
- When Subuddhi Raya consulted some other brahmanas, they told him that he had not committed a grievous fault and that consequently he should not drink hot ghee and give up his life. As a result, Subuddhi Raya was doubtful about what to do
- When the king orders somebody to be hanged on account of his committing murder, the king is not sinful. King is helpful. King is helping that rascal to atone his murdering activities
- When we see that so many men and women are simply committing suicide as described in the Isopanisad ye ke catma-hano janah, let us try to save them through this Krsna Consciousness Movement
- Why millionaires are committing suicide? He has got money. But they do not know that any amount of material comforts will not make them happy. That is not possible
- Yes, a new man may commit blunders in the beginning, but that does not mean we may be too impatient with him
- You (people in general) are simply creating problem by your so-called busy-ness. Better you stop and read our books and be intelligent. Lazy mischief-maker, it is better than busy mischief maker. Busy mischief maker means he'll commit more mischief
- You committed murder, that you caused your hanging, not that high-court judge is your enemy, and he is giving you order to be hanged. You are the cause of your hanging. Similarly, God is impartial
- You have committed theft. This is sinful activities. And you are put into the jail for six months. That does not mean that you become an honest man. That does not mean. So it is something like that. To clear the muddy water, put another lump of mud on it
- You must do according to the rules and regulations of the government. Then you make profit, be happy. That's another thing. But if you act vikarma, against the rules and regulations of the state, you commit theft or this or that, then you'll suffer
- You were saved from a commitment of suicide. So you have seen the mantra in Isopanisad: ye ke catma-hano janah So not only you, but almost all the conditioned souls within this material world, practically 99% of the whole population is committing suicide